As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Let's Play: The Kirby Series - I'm Finished

OhtsamOhtsam Registered User regular
edited December 2007 in Games and Technology
Welcome to the Let's play for The Kirby Series

I have decided to stop my producton of this Let's Play due to my free time steadily decreasing as I am forced to pursue other things to prepare for college as well as a lack of desire to continue it.
When I started I did not anticipate the amount of time it would take to finish this large task nor did I realize how much I loathed some of the entries they have made in the Kirby Series.
I hope none of you who were watching these are too disappointed by this decision and I sincerely hope you enjoyed the videos.
In any case if anyone wishes to continue where I left off just contact a mod for permission and if you wish to continue using this thread you can notify me when you make a video and I will add the link to the OP or you can make your own thread.

Thank you for being a wonderful audience.

Kirby Super Star
Spring Breeze
Gourmet Race
DynaBlade
The Revenge of MetaKnight
The Great Cave Offensive Part 1
[/URL]The Great Cave Offensive Part 2 - The Crystal Cave
The Great Cave Offensive Part 3 - The Castle of DamnationThe Offensive Is Over
Milky Way Wishes
Milky Way Wishes Part 2 - Exploring the Milky Way
Last of Milky Ways Platforming
Without out of Sync Sound Click Here
Marx Is Defeated
THE ARENA

Kirby's Dreamland
Kirby's Dream Land

Kirby's Adventure
Worlds 1 & 2
Worlds 3 & 4
Kirby's Adventure Worlds 5&6
Dream Land's Nightmare is Over

Kirby's Dream Land 2
Worlds 1&2
World 3
World F*-ing 4 Part 1,Part 2,Part 3
World 5 Part 1,Part 2,Part 3,Part 4,Part 5
World 6 Part 1 Part2 Part 3
World 7 Part 1 Part 2 Part 3
Item Collection
Kirby Dream Land 2's true, final, and insurmountable final boss. Part 2
GRAND FINALE

I had Mod permission to make this thread to make your own get permission.

Ohtsam on

• Options
    edited September 2007
    Video Uploaded

Ohtsam on
  • Options
    yalborapyalborap Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Looks like this'll be interesting. :)

I need to dig out my own copy....And get my SNES working again....

yalborap on
  • Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Oh shit. Watching video now. Kirby Super Star is the BEST Kirby ever created.

urahonky on
  • Options
    HadjiQuestHadjiQuest Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    I hope Kirby and Mario Superstar hit the VC someday.

Because there's no way I'm buying all the old NES games.

HadjiQuest on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    Oh, with the bomb ability if you get near them and use the ability, it will stick a bomb on them and explode... usually a one hit kill.

urahonky on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    I almost never use it and so never discovered that.

Ohtsam on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    Oh man, I'm a bomb whore on the game. :)

EDIT: Also, good vid. I'll be keeping up with this!

urahonky on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    Thanks for the compliments.
    Gourmet Race video will up in about an hour since its even shorter than spring breeze.

Ohtsam on
  • Options
    SimBenSimBen Hodor? Hodor Hodor.Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Fun fact: Bomb is the best power for Kirby, Copy is the best for the Helper. Yes, fact.

SimBen on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    Eh I actually prefer yo-yo or sword for kirby but you're definately right on copy at least outside of MilkyWay Wishes.

Ohtsam on
  • Options
    eric.eric. __BANNED USERS regular
    edited September 2007
    best kirby game?

KIRBY'S ADVENTURE

i'll so be watching this. kirby has a special place in my heart.

eric. on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    Ohtsam wrote: »
    Eh I actually prefer yo-yo or sword for kirby but you're definately right on copy at least outside of MilkyWay Wishes.

No, even in MWW. Copy's punch is one of the most powerful attacks in the game, and it's super-fast. It shreds up Marx with easy.

SimBen on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    True but its not as fun as say picking up an enemy and using them as a weapon with the suplex ability

Edit: Uploading Gourmet Race

Ohtsam on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    Can somone confirm whether or not the upload worked because it won't let me see it.

Ohtsam on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    It's not working yet.

My favorite part of Kirby Super Star: The RPG part. Where you hit them and it tells you how much damage you did. Man... That was my favorite part in the world.

urahonky on
  • Options
    RocketlexRocketlex Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    YES! An LP of quite possibly my favorite video game of all time!

Bomb is ridiculously powerful, but also ridiculously BORING to use. All the moves are just slightly different ways to throw or drop bombs on people. What I love about KSS is the way you get a diverse moveset with most powers, but Bomb...not so much.

I was sad you passed up getting Mirror in Bubbly Clouds. That's by far my favorite ability in the game.

Rocketlex on
    While you were asleep, your windows told me all your secrets.
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    urahonky wrote: »
    It's not working yet.

My favorite part of Kirby Super Star: The RPG part. Where you hit them and it tells you how much damage you did. Man... That was my favorite part in the world.

I personally cannot wait for that boss.
    What I can wait for is doing the Great Cave Offensive *shiver*
    Controlling two characters at once to solve puzzles won't be fun
    Rocketlex wrote: »
    YES! An LP of quite possibly my favorite video game of all time!

Bomb is ridiculously powerful, but also ridiculously BORING to use. All the moves are just slightly different ways to throw or drop bombs on people. What I love about KSS is the way you get a diverse moveset with most powers, but Bomb...not so much.

I was sad you passed up getting Mirror in Bubbly Clouds. That's by far my favorite ability in the game.

Don't worry I'll be using it at times I need to play defnesively

Ohtsam on
  • Options
    GilderGilder Aw snap Macaroni PartyRegistered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Fact: Meta-Knight has never been cooler than he was in Meta-Knights Revenge.

Fact: Nobody knows what the hell he's getting revenge FOR.

Fact: Nobody gives a shit because it's Meta-Knight, he can revenge anything he wants.

Gilder on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    Controlling two characters at once to solve puzzles won't be fun

You're referring to the candle thing? I've never once had to do this. I don't even entirely know why other people DO need to do it. Just use your fire-dash ability skillfully and you can get it in time.

edit:

The answer to all questions of character motivation is "He was possessed by Dark Matter." No matter who or in what circumstances, the answer is always "He was possessed by Dark Matter."

Rocketlex on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    Gilder wrote: »

Fact: Nobody gives a shit because it's Meta-Knight, he can revenge anything he wants.

He's getting revenge for being beaten in Kirby's Adventure
    Btw gourmet works now

Ohtsam on
  • Options
    GilderGilder Aw snap Macaroni PartyRegistered User regular
    edited September 2007

But he's helped out before this game came out. He's not really an enemy. He gives you invincibility lollipops in one of the games. I think it was the NES one. He's more of a guardian of Dreamland, trying to prevent the land from getting destroyed by Dedede or whatever other evil is out there. But then Meta-Knights Revenge happens and he just goes insane and wants to conquer Dreamland for some reason.

Gilder on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    Haha. Hobo fights are awesome.

urahonky on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    What really ticked me off was that I was kirby was all the over the finish line while Dedede was barely over it

Ohtsam on
  • Options
    Casually HardcoreCasually Hardcore Once an Asshole. Trying to be better. Registered User regular
    edited September 2007

But he's helped out before this game came out. He's not really an enemy. He gives you invincibility lollipops in one of the games. I think it was the NES one. He's more of a guardian of Dreamland, trying to prevent the land from getting destroyed by Dedede or whatever other evil is out there. But then Meta-Knights Revenge happens and he just goes insane and wants to conquer Dreamland for some reason.

He's trying to protect Dreamland from itself. By conquering it and controlling its government, he can make sure nothing can harm it from the inside!!!

Casually Hardcore on
  • Options
    MrBlarneyMrBlarney Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Long ago, I did some speedrun videos for Kirby Super Star. Never did finish the whole set.

It wasn't that good, but Speed Demos Archive put it up anyway.

The worst thing is that nobody's come along to beat the 'records' I made. It's quite embarrassing, really.

But anyways, yay for Kirby Super Star! It's good fun, and one of these days, I'll try to speedrun it again. Well, maybe... speedrunning has a way of twisting the definition of fun.

MrBlarney on
    4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    Speedrunning KSS sounds more frustrating than fun. The controls just don't feel tight enough for that kind of thing.

Rocketlex on
  • Options
    The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Fun fact: The most powerful attack in the game are the star shots while riding a Wheel helper controlled by a second player. In single player, when you hop on your wheel buddy, you simply control him outright. But in co-op, the second player is in control, while the first player controlling Kirby can shoot shoot stars in 8 directions. Laughably limited range, but they kill any enemy in one hit, and completely wreak bosses. Totally destroys Marx within seconds.

Second most powerful attack is the Copy ability, but only on enemies you can't copy. On anything else... well duh, you copy them.

According to Wikipedia, apparently this is coming to the VC sometime in 2007, although I can't find any proof or reference. Either way, they NEED to release this. Then they can put Kirby to rest. They already made The Best Kirby Game Ever, and nothing has ever lived up since. Just re-release this game every few years, that's more than enough.

The Wolfman on
    "The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    i would like to see like apack of more games using this game's engine personally

Ohtsam on
  • Options
    kingmeh123kingmeh123 Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    I wish this would come to VC soon... = (

Are you going to do the Arena also?

kingmeh123 on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    kingmeh123 wrote: »
    I wish this would come to VC soon... = (

Are you going to do the Arena also?

oh of course I'll post videos of attempts until it has been conquered

Ohtsam on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    Anyone know how to make windows movie maker upscale movies?

Ohtsam on
  • Options
    CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    edited September 2007

He's trying to protect Dreamland from itself. By conquering it and controlling its government, he can make sure nothing can harm it from the inside!!!

Who took a close look when he lost his mask?
    He's a blue kirby.

Cantido on
    3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    YES! This is easily my favorite game of the SNES/Genesis era. Wish I still had my copy. If I ever get a Wii again for some reason and this is on VC, it will be my first download.

Also:

kirby.gif?t=1190432688

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    i would like to see like apack of more games using this game's engine personally

That's the smartest thing I've ever heard anyone say about anything. The greatest WiiWare concept I've heard, right there. Heck, they could release it on SNES and I'd totally buy it and dust off my SNES.

You should talk more on your commentaries though... you didn't even mention that the Gourmet Race tune has become one of the main signature Kirby tunes (and certainly one of the catchiest ones).

Also, it's Bird you should pick on the third race buddy, not Jet. ;)

SimBen on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    jothkijothki Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    I assume you aren't going to try to 100% the Great Cave Offensive.

jothki on
  • Options
    existexist Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    jothki wrote: »

Why wouldn't he? It's required.

exist on
    UmPiq.png
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    jothki wrote: »

yes I am but definately not in 1 run
    Milky Way and cave offensive will each have multiple parts as will arena since it will probably take me around 5 tries to finally beat it.
    Btw the dynablade video has been recorded
    and on the commentary part that was because I was concentrating a lot on beating dedede.

Edit: One more thing tell me whether you want me to do revenge of metaknight or cave offensive first

Ohtsam on
  • Options
    BlueBlueBlueBlue Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Revenge of Metaknight

BlueBlue on
    CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    God, I played the hell out of this game back in the day. It got to the point where I was doing single-power runs through the Arena just for fun (one power and stick with it the whole way). For the record, mirror is by far the easiest power for such a thing for two main reasons:

1. The mirrors you shoot go through solid objects and have a decent range. Against Combo Cannon, you can stand under the small cannon and hit the big cannon through the floor.

2. You may not know this, but guarding while you have mirror gives you a special kind of guard which blocks ANYTHING except attacks which move you (grabs, Meta Knight's tornadoes, and Marx's big laser are the ones ones that spring to mind). You take no "chip" damage and even reflect certain attacks.

Master Mirror and you can pretty much own any boss easily.

Rocketlex on
  • Options
    BlueDestinyBlueDestiny Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Ah, such good memories from this game. I used to be able to 100% The Great Cave Offensive and Milky Way Wishes from memory. Also, co-op was a blast.

BlueDestiny on