As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Sega Rally Revo: wheres the love?

BaronVonSnakPakBaronVonSnakPak Registered User regular
edited October 2007 in Games and Technology
i realise with the glut of titles released in the last few weeks that sega rally might not be on everyone's priority list. it was on mine, and i picked it up last night and am loving every second of it.

anyone else get it? ive seen it bashed alot on forums where people say its too easy, but i think thats an unfair assesment when dealing with an arcade title. coming to grips is easy, mastering it takes time, and the a.i. on the second tier wont give away races like in the demo.

the classic feel, look, and sound are all present, but are augmented by the deformable tracks. its in my opinion that this is the first true sega next-gen game done right.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
360 Gamertag: Baronskatenbass Steam: BaronVonSnakPak HgL: AnsonLuap
BaronVonSnakPak on

• Options
    ZiggymonZiggymon Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    I totally agree with the OP. This is one amazing rally game, sometimes the cars feel too 'floaty' when turning but otherwise this like outrun 2 is the perfect sequel to the classic arcade game.

Ziggymon on
  • Options
    AridholAridhol Daddliest Catch Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    are the tracks longer than 5 minutes?

I'm pretty tired of "rally" games with 3 minute stages or "laps"

Aridhol on
  • Options
    ZiggymonZiggymon Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Aridhol wrote: »
    are the tracks longer than 5 minutes?

I'm pretty tired of "rally" games with 3 minute stages or "laps"

Its Sega Rally. Its about as realistic to rallying as outrun is road driving.

Ziggymon on
  • Options
    jwm2jwm2 Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    I'm waiting for my copy to show up, can't wait :)

jwm2 on
    www.MoorGames.com - Buy/Sell/Trade New & Used Video Games. Great people to deal with.
    www.XboxLiveScene.com - Xbox LIVE News & Info 24/7
  • Options
    robcat09robcat09 Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    jwm2 wrote: »
    I'm waiting for my copy to show up, can't wait :)

As am I. I will contribute to the conversation as soon as it hits my mailbox (gamefly is SLOW).

robcat09 on
  • Options
    MonaroMonaro Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Does it recreate any of the 4 original tracks?

Man, a next-gen Sega Rally that was nothing but a graphically enhanced Sega Rally Championship 1995 would suit me fine.

Monaro on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Shooter McgavinShooter Mcgavin Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    I played the demo and thought the controls were way too touchy. The graphics were pretty, but I spent the entire time bouncing back and forth across the tracks.

Shooter Mcgavin on
    banner.gif
  • Options
    freshmasterfreshfreshmasterfresh Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    I popped the Sega Rally Championship 1995 disc back into my Saturn a few months back...

I really thought it looked better than it actually does. I'll definitely check out the demo for Revo.

freshmasterfresh on
    happysig.png
  • Options
    scootchscootch Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    man, I wish all rally games had track deformation.

scootch on
    TF2 stats
    PSN: super_emu
    Xbox360 Gamertag: Emuchop
  • Options
    Yellow RangerYellow Ranger Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    I love it, but then it's for me ya know? Played the Saturn version to death back in the day.

I can understand people not liking the controls at first, but with a little practice, you'll get the hang of it. You will have more problems if you've been playing something like Forza or PGR before hand. Remember the control isn’t related to a real car. :P

Yellow Ranger on
    sigcx.jpg
  • Options
    BaronVonSnakPakBaronVonSnakPak Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    anyone pick it up for psp?

i heard its pretty solid, except the a.i. almost "gives up" when you pass them.

BaronVonSnakPak on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    360 Gamertag: Baronskatenbass Steam: BaronVonSnakPak HgL: AnsonLuap
  • Options
    Mr_GrinchMr_Grinch Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    I'm LOVING this game too, was pretty shocked at the lack of love it's getting. At the moment I'm dedicating all my time to getting through Psychonauts but once that's done I'm back on this game. The AI is awesome, I'm annoyed by driving AI that just wants to get to the finishing line, the drivers in this game really try to fuck you up. I've had some pretty unrelenting races.

The deformable track is a brilliant feature and the "rumble" on this game is great, I'd love to play it with a proper force-feedback wheel (if supported!)

Mr_Grinch on
    Steam: Sir_Grinch
    PSN: SirGrinchX
    Oculus Rift: Sir_Grinch
  • Options
    EinhanderEinhander __BANNED USERS regular
    edited October 2007
    I made a thread about a month ago when the demo hit XBL. It was more of a general-purpose Rally game thread, but interest waned. It seems that there aren't a huge amount of PA Rally fans, which is sad.

I get paid on Friday, and It looks like I may only be able to get one new game, so it's either this or Orange Box. I am so torn. I hope to God that I can get into a TRU fast enough to be able to get in on the B2G1 and that they have a copy left of Sega Rally.

Playing DiRT after playing the Sega Rally demo is weird, because even though Dirt is a fucking phenomenal game, something as simple as divots in a road can add so much to the gameplay experience.

One thing I touched on in the old Rally thread I made was that it's awesome that after having so much time go by without new Rally games, we get not one, but two awesome next gen rally racers within a few months of each other.

Einhander on
  • Options
    robcat09robcat09 Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Guys, I am VERY pleased to report that Sega Rally Revo supports steering wheels of all sorts. I am using a Logitech Driving Force Pro and it handles surprisingly well. The force-feedback is sick... you can FEEL the track deformation :-)

robcat09 on
  • Options
    Uncle_BalsamicUncle_Balsamic Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    I had fairly high hopes for this, as I played on of the old ones on the PC, but I hated the demo. I don't know if the full game is better but the demo was awful in my opinion.

Uncle_Balsamic on
    2LmjIWB.png