Don't like the snow? You can make a bookmark with the following text instead of a url: javascript:snowStorm.toggleSnow(). Clicking it will toggle the snow on and off.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Too Human - New thread is up

2456762

Posts

  • WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    I don't even hold hope for the demo conveying everything about the game. Eternal Darkness' definitely didn't.

    ED earns these people the benefit of the doubt, damn it all.

    dN0T6ur.png
    3DS code: 2406-5129-4317 | NNID: CamandMonica
  • Martin Lawrence OliverMartin Lawrence Oliver Registered User
    edited October 2007
    Wyborn wrote: »
    Straightforward stuff like goat chariots and drinking oceans and plucking out your own eye and a distributed intellect elder god.

    Super-cool-forward, more like.

    Now transpose this into a generic futuristic setting inside a largely formulaic, banal-looking videogame directed by a self-righteous, technology-fixated programmer ... I expect much of the madness will be lost in translation, and much of the simple mythological good vs. bad collisions will remain. Maybe there will be some name-dropping in addition, hm.

    And Nietzsche. That's a pretty important aspect of the plot.

    what

    Also Eternal Darkness apparently was a love-it/hate-it affair but I am smack dab in the middle, it's ok I guess

  • WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Wyborn wrote: »
    Straightforward stuff like goat chariots and drinking oceans and plucking out your own eye and a distributed intellect elder god.

    Super-cool-forward, more like.

    Now transpose this into a generic futuristic setting inside a largely formulaic, banal-looking videogame directed by a self-righteous, technology-fixated programmer ... I expect much of the madness will be lost in translation, and much of the simple mythological good vs. bad collisions will remain. Maybe there will be some name-dropping in addition, hm.

    And Nietzsche. That's a pretty important aspect of the plot.

    what

    Also Eternal Darkness apparently was a love-it/hate-it affair but I am smack dab in the middle, it's ok I guess

    You aren't the guy from last time who had no idea what I was talking about when I brought up Nietzsche in a Too Human topic, are you? I don't think you are. You could be.

    The deeper premise behind Too Human is that it's about the Nietzschean question of the nature of humanity, and deeper than that humanity's role outside of our need for godhood. For Nietzsche, there was no such thing as being "too human" because we as a species have grown beyond a need for God or gods, ready to stand on our own two feet.

    That's the chief thing being played out here: Baldr starts out clinging to his humanity far more tenaciously than any of the other "gods", shunning his godhood in favor of his humanity. The player ultimately decides how that plays out, which I imagine will be reflected in the game's plot. The question posed by Too Human is if you'd be willing to sacrifice your humanity for power.

    Kreia in Sith Lords was essentially Nietzsche as an old woman, as an interesting side note. That game was deep as Hell.

    dN0T6ur.png
    3DS code: 2406-5129-4317 | NNID: CamandMonica
  • Martin Lawrence OliverMartin Lawrence Oliver Registered User
    edited October 2007
    Wasn't me.

    Fingers crossed that the Nietzschean angle isn't implemented, uh, Xenogears style. Pity Dyack is at the reins.

  • WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Well, in fairness, being a loud-mouth and a bit of a dork doesn't make him bad at his job.

    dN0T6ur.png
    3DS code: 2406-5129-4317 | NNID: CamandMonica
  • Waka LakaWaka Laka Calm your fuck, bro. Melbourne, VicRegistered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Gabe Newell is a bit dorky and John Carmack is a bit dorky as well. Cliffy B is a total showpony gloater, but damn they all make great games.

  • noir_bloodnoir_blood Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Puny Human wrote: »
    .Tripwire. wrote: »
    To the people criticizing the premise, I'm surprised if you deny that there's a bias going on with this title. I mean, Mass Effect sounds like banal cliché when you boil it down to a one-sentence summary as well.

    That's because Mass Effect is banal cliché when you boil it down. It's basically a Star Wars game except with the plot ripped off from Star Control 3.

    I've already been lumping Mass Effect and Too Human together in my own mind for some time now. The lameness of the protagonists (Bulk Rockjaw, meet Slab Hamfist) and the overly pretentious storylines just grate on me.

    The thing is, there's nothing worse about either game compared to any other game, it's just when the creators try to claim they're making The Greatest Story Ever Told IN GLORIOUS THREE-DEE it gets on my nerves.

    So I take it you played both games then? I mean, you must have considering that you are ready to bitch about the lameness of the characters and how overly pretentious the storylines are.

    And you know what gets on my nerves? People making assumptions and trashing things before they even come out.

    Spoiler:
  • widowsonwidowson Registered User
    edited October 2007
    Last PC gamer preview I read said the controls seemed solid, but the graphics were just bad.

    From what I saw at the Gamespy site, they've made a *big* improvement, especially over that craptacular, embarrasing "bar fight scene" trailer. The current in-game stuff looks better than that cinematic.

    Given enough time in the cooker, I think it'll do ok. Especially since they're not pushing for a Christmas release.

    -I owe nothing to Women's Lib.

    Margaret Thatcher
  • jothkijothki Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Straightforward stuff like goat chariots and drinking oceans and plucking out your own eye and a distributed intellect elder god.

    Super-cool-forward, more like.

    Now transpose this into a generic futuristic setting inside a largely formulaic, banal-looking videogame directed by a self-righteous, technology-fixated programmer ... I expect much of the madness will be lost in translation, and much of the simple mythological good vs. bad collisions will remain. Maybe there will be some name-dropping in addition, hm.

    The whole premise of the game seems to be that it isn't about generic good versus evil. If everything else turns out to be crap, I'd expect at least that to survive.

  • DashuiDashui Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Boy, there certainly are a lot of people crying "generic!" lately.

    "Assassin's Creed science fiction elements are generic! Mass Effect is generic! Too Human is generic!"

    It seems every science fiction game we blast with that word. I'm not saying any of those are not, but it's just a trend I've been seeing. :P

    It doesn't look all that generic to me. It seems like a neat blend of Norse mythology and science fiction. Even if it is, as long as the story and/or gameplay is good, what does it really matter? Nothing is that original these days; it doesn't stop a lot of literature, films, and games from being fun to read, watch, and play.

    As far as what I think about the game in general, it's looking a little better with these recent videos and previews. I was hugely put off by the E3 cinematic trailer. The recent gameplay videos sparked my interest a little, however, and what they're aiming to make does sound good.

    It still needs work, though, so I'm going to be a bit cautious with it. That E3 cinematic still scars my brain. It's nice to hear they've addressed those complaints, but that was a lot of jarring stiffness and felt very amateurish which makes me worried about other content. I still noticed some of it in the new videos, but luckily not as much.

    Xbox Live, PSN & Origin: Vacorsis

    steam_sig.png
  • darleysamdarleysam Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    what, more Norse mythology? Dammit guys, what is this, the new WWII?

    And sci-fi does /= generic, as many people seem to claim. Just because it's not featuring dragons or magika or amnesiac protagonists doesn't mean it's not different.

  • edited October 2007
    i thought mass effect was supposed to be a slightly campy space-opera, a la the 70s version of bsg?

  • durandal4532durandal4532 Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Mass Effect is supposed to be more 80's space opera, from what I gathered. A little bit over-serious, with some sleek white spacesuits and oddly clean spaceships.

  • Zetetic ElenchZetetic Elench Registered User
    edited October 2007
    ... But with a little bit of Bladerunner thrown in for good measure.

    nemosig.png
  • Waka LakaWaka Laka Calm your fuck, bro. Melbourne, VicRegistered User regular
    edited October 2007
  • ProfsProfs Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    I want this game to be good. I really do. I don't like Dyack all that much, but his charisma for his product is pretty infectious. It sounds really ambitious, but they have a huge team working on it, so they have the manpower to fulfill. My big concern for the game is with the litigation between them and Epic. The fallout of that could really fuck them over. Obviously, the public doesn't know the details, but I hope SK wins the suit(s). If for no other reason than that Epic doesn't have any games coming out that I want to play (having already released Gears of War), and Silicon Knights I'm guessing could use the extra budget. There seems to have been so much controversy over the game by now that I wouldn't be surprised if it just keeled over and died for inexplicable reasons. *Please* don't let this happen.

  • Martin Lawrence OliverMartin Lawrence Oliver Registered User
    edited October 2007
    Silicon Knights are suing Epic for dubious reasons.

  • bruinbruin Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    There's a section on this week's 1UP Show about this game and both people who played it said it was actually good. It does look good to me other than the animation.

  • Page-Page- Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    I'm not digging the chunky animation. Doesn't look smooth enough to be an action game.

    And I watched a video on gametrailers where the devs were talking about a "right stick" control scheme. As in "Death By Degrees" controls?

    If so, the only thing epic about this game is the FAIL.

    I remember the logic that the DBD devs used at the time, something along the lines of: "action gamers want something different." When will people realize that "different" IS NOT a synonym for "better," or even "good."

    (Mostly) Competitive Gaming Blog Updated December 10th. "Second Chances" (Short Story)
    stream
  • bruinbruin Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Page- wrote: »
    I'm not digging the chunky animation. Doesn't look smooth enough to be an action game.

    And I watched a video on gametrailers where the devs were talking about a "right stick" control scheme. As in "Death By Degrees" controls?

    If so, the only thing epic about this game is the FAIL.

    I remember the logic that the DBD devs used at the time, something along the lines of: "action gamers want something different." When will people realize that "different" IS NOT a synonym for "better," or even "good."

    Dude, watch today's 1UP Show (linked above) and/or listen to today's 1UP Yours. It's not even an action game really, it's more RPG. It's not supposed to be like Ninja Gaiden or God of War or Devil May Cry at all, think more Diablo with some depth to the combat.

  • Page-Page- Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    bruin wrote: »
    Page- wrote: »
    I'm not digging the chunky animation. Doesn't look smooth enough to be an action game.

    And I watched a video on gametrailers where the devs were talking about a "right stick" control scheme. As in "Death By Degrees" controls?

    If so, the only thing epic about this game is the FAIL.

    I remember the logic that the DBD devs used at the time, something along the lines of: "action gamers want something different." When will people realize that "different" IS NOT a synonym for "better," or even "good."

    Dude, watch today's 1UP Show (linked above) and/or listen to today's 1UP Yours. It's not even an action game really, it's more RPG. It's not supposed to be like Ninja Gaiden or God of War or Devil May Cry at all, think more Diablo with some depth to the combat.

    I'll listen, but watching the game in action seems a better way to judge. Also, I disagree with most of what goes on in that podcast. I don't need the game to be Ninja Gaiden deep, but the fact is that most games released since Diablo 2 don't even come close to it, so until I've seen a game at least do that I'll remaign skeptical.

    (Mostly) Competitive Gaming Blog Updated December 10th. "Second Chances" (Short Story)
    stream
  • durandal4532durandal4532 Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Page- wrote: »
    bruin wrote: »
    Page- wrote: »
    I'm not digging the chunky animation. Doesn't look smooth enough to be an action game.

    And I watched a video on gametrailers where the devs were talking about a "right stick" control scheme. As in "Death By Degrees" controls?

    If so, the only thing epic about this game is the FAIL.

    I remember the logic that the DBD devs used at the time, something along the lines of: "action gamers want something different." When will people realize that "different" IS NOT a synonym for "better," or even "good."

    Dude, watch today's 1UP Show (linked above) and/or listen to today's 1UP Yours. It's not even an action game really, it's more RPG. It's not supposed to be like Ninja Gaiden or God of War or Devil May Cry at all, think more Diablo with some depth to the combat.

    I'll listen, but watching the game in action seems a better way to judge. Also, I disagree with most of what goes on in that podcast. I don't need the game to be Ninja Gaiden deep, but the fact is that most games released since Diablo 2 don't even come close to it, so until I've seen a game at least do that I'll remaign skeptical.

    Edit: Oh thank goodness everyone is actually a sane person.

    I thought this post was in the Mass Effect thread, it boggled me.

    As for this: Seriously, why is it so hard to recreate Diablo 2? I mean, it wasn't even deep, or particularly perfect, but damn have I not played a decent action-y collect-em-up in a long while.

    Hopefully this and that Borderlands thing will end up being decent. I'm going to remain hopefully optimistic for this, though. I think people get caught up in the fact that Dyack is a jerk, and decide that his game must suck.

  • Page-Page- Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Page- wrote: »
    bruin wrote: »
    Page- wrote: »
    I'm not digging the chunky animation. Doesn't look smooth enough to be an action game.

    And I watched a video on gametrailers where the devs were talking about a "right stick" control scheme. As in "Death By Degrees" controls?

    If so, the only thing epic about this game is the FAIL.

    I remember the logic that the DBD devs used at the time, something along the lines of: "action gamers want something different." When will people realize that "different" IS NOT a synonym for "better," or even "good."

    Dude, watch today's 1UP Show (linked above) and/or listen to today's 1UP Yours. It's not even an action game really, it's more RPG. It's not supposed to be like Ninja Gaiden or God of War or Devil May Cry at all, think more Diablo with some depth to the combat.

    I'll listen, but watching the game in action seems a better way to judge. Also, I disagree with most of what goes on in that podcast. I don't need the game to be Ninja Gaiden deep, but the fact is that most games released since Diablo 2 don't even come close to it, so until I've seen a game at least do that I'll remaign skeptical.
    It's a role-playing game. It won't be Ninja Gaiden Deep for the same reason Madden isn't Ninja Gaiden Deep: they share only extremely tenuous links to each other. This is not the next God Hand, it's the next KotOR.

    I mean, yes there is obviously a bit more of the focus on a decent action aspect to it, but christ. It's like complaining that Baldur's Gate 2 just isn't living up to Devil May Cry 3's high standards.

    My gripe is not about the genre of the game, it's about the CONTROLS. If the control scheme is the one I think it is then it cannot work, no matter what type of game it is.

    (Mostly) Competitive Gaming Blog Updated December 10th. "Second Chances" (Short Story)
    stream
  • durandal4532durandal4532 Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Thank you for preserving my shame, jerk-face.

    But yeah, see above, I thought you were waaaay off base.

  • Waka LakaWaka Laka Calm your fuck, bro. Melbourne, VicRegistered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Nothing like a Too Human thread to bring everyone together...

    ...


    ...wait.

  • Page-Page- Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    I guess we'll see, won't see? DBD was supposed to AWESOME, until it was released and sucked so bad.

    (Mostly) Competitive Gaming Blog Updated December 10th. "Second Chances" (Short Story)
    stream
  • darleysamdarleysam Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Well after hearing more about it, and that people playing it are actually enjoying it, i'm less concerned about how this is going to turn out. I'm not expecting a life-changing experience (that's for Mass Effect), but i certainly expect this to be a good, solid game.

  • widowsonwidowson Registered User
    edited October 2007
    Thank you for preserving my shame, jerk-face.


    You know, this is the sort of thing the "real" Durandal would say. I can totally see that on some monitor is some future Bungie FPS. :P

    I honestly don't understand the hate this game gets. If I had to play amateur/ignorant psychologist it seems like "game hate" is directly proportional to expectations; the more they try to do, the higher the standard they're held to, so the worse errors look, even normal, human errors.

    High expectations suck for all concerned, I think, for all concerned.

    -I owe nothing to Women's Lib.

    Margaret Thatcher
  • Waka LakaWaka Laka Calm your fuck, bro. Melbourne, VicRegistered User regular
    edited October 2007
    I'll just say this, I feel Too Human has a great design and is'nt as generic as some games I've seen coming up, there are alot of good games that have come out that have standard marines fighting X/Y/Z aliens and RPGs with Goblins, Orcs, Dragons and other such characters that get rehashed over and over again under a different title. I like the Norse/Future/Past mixture, I like the idea of Diablo in 3D, I like the idea of gathering and collecting with friends online and I think I may like this game as a whole.

    That and Thor has lightning balls.

  • TheMorningStarTheMorningStar Registered User
    edited October 2007
    My opinion of this has moved to "wait and play the demo".

  • edited October 2007
    You know what game had a great story? Thief. They should make more games with plots like Thief.

  • ErgandarErgandar Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    I hear thief is generic. :P

    I also hear Titan's Quest is a decent Diabloesque game.

    I'm waiting on the demo-the controls also concern me.

    RachelSig.jpg
  • bruinbruin Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Page- wrote: »
    Page- wrote: »
    bruin wrote: »
    Page- wrote: »
    I'm not digging the chunky animation. Doesn't look smooth enough to be an action game.

    And I watched a video on gametrailers where the devs were talking about a "right stick" control scheme. As in "Death By Degrees" controls?

    If so, the only thing epic about this game is the FAIL.

    I remember the logic that the DBD devs used at the time, something along the lines of: "action gamers want something different." When will people realize that "different" IS NOT a synonym for "better," or even "good."

    Dude, watch today's 1UP Show (linked above) and/or listen to today's 1UP Yours. It's not even an action game really, it's more RPG. It's not supposed to be like Ninja Gaiden or God of War or Devil May Cry at all, think more Diablo with some depth to the combat.

    I'll listen, but watching the game in action seems a better way to judge. Also, I disagree with most of what goes on in that podcast. I don't need the game to be Ninja Gaiden deep, but the fact is that most games released since Diablo 2 don't even come close to it, so until I've seen a game at least do that I'll remaign skeptical.
    It's a role-playing game. It won't be Ninja Gaiden Deep for the same reason Madden isn't Ninja Gaiden Deep: they share only extremely tenuous links to each other. This is not the next God Hand, it's the next KotOR.

    I mean, yes there is obviously a bit more of the focus on a decent action aspect to it, but christ. It's like complaining that Baldur's Gate 2 just isn't living up to Devil May Cry 3's high standards.

    My gripe is not about the genre of the game, it's about the CONTROLS. If the control scheme is the one I think it is then it cannot work, no matter what type of game it is.

    I don't see how you can say that not having played it, especially when people who have played the most recent build say it controls well.

  • durandal4532durandal4532 Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    bruin wrote: »
    I don't see how you can say that not having played it, especially when people who have played the most recent build say it controls well.
    That, plus, "If they're using poorly implemented controls it will not control well" isn't really an argument so much as a truism.

    I mean, a bad game used a control scheme, it doesn't mean that any game that controls in a similar manner is bad, even if the control scheme is relatively unique.

  • Page-Page- Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    That game was bad because of the control scheme. Too Human having the same controls is an auto-turn-off.

    I will wait on the demo to confirm my fears, but early estimates are not good.

    (Mostly) Competitive Gaming Blog Updated December 10th. "Second Chances" (Short Story)
    stream
  • RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Page- wrote: »
    That game was bad because of the control scheme. Too Human having the same controls is an auto-turn-off.

    I will wait on the demo to confirm my fears, but early estimates are not good.

    So just to clarify: You're convinced that a control scheme using the right stick to attack is incapable of working to your standards?

    FFXIV/Sargatanas/Wintry Ptarmigan
    3DS: 3351-5352-0314
  • darleysamdarleysam Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    see, while it's true that controls make or break a game, and yes, bad controls would be a worry, if people are playing it and saying "you know, it's good", then it's not going to be in spite of the controls. "This game was good.. if i could've played it, but the controls were so messed up i just couldn't do anything" = "this game sucked".

    That said, i can understand some concern that the control scheme may not be to someone's taste, and therefore they want to know if they themselves will be able to get on with it.

  • Waka LakaWaka Laka Calm your fuck, bro. Melbourne, VicRegistered User regular
    edited October 2007
    bruin wrote: »
    Page- wrote: »
    Page- wrote: »
    bruin wrote: »
    Page- wrote: »
    I'm not digging the chunky animation. Doesn't look smooth enough to be an action game.

    And I watched a video on gametrailers where the devs were talking about a "right stick" control scheme. As in "Death By Degrees" controls?

    If so, the only thing epic about this game is the FAIL.

    I remember the logic that the DBD devs used at the time, something along the lines of: "action gamers want something different." When will people realize that "different" IS NOT a synonym for "better," or even "good."

    Dude, watch today's 1UP Show (linked above) and/or listen to today's 1UP Yours. It's not even an action game really, it's more RPG. It's not supposed to be like Ninja Gaiden or God of War or Devil May Cry at all, think more Diablo with some depth to the combat.

    I'll listen, but watching the game in action seems a better way to judge. Also, I disagree with most of what goes on in that podcast. I don't need the game to be Ninja Gaiden deep, but the fact is that most games released since Diablo 2 don't even come close to it, so until I've seen a game at least do that I'll remaign skeptical.
    It's a role-playing game. It won't be Ninja Gaiden Deep for the same reason Madden isn't Ninja Gaiden Deep: they share only extremely tenuous links to each other. This is not the next God Hand, it's the next KotOR.

    I mean, yes there is obviously a bit more of the focus on a decent action aspect to it, but christ. It's like complaining that Baldur's Gate 2 just isn't living up to Devil May Cry 3's high standards.

    My gripe is not about the genre of the game, it's about the CONTROLS. If the control scheme is the one I think it is then it cannot work, no matter what type of game it is.

    I don't see how you can say that not having played it, especially when people who have played the most recent build say it controls well.

    Lets see what Diablos controls were... Ah yes

    *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* and yet it is still hailed as one of the greatest RPGs of all time. I'm not bagging it, I love Diablo and Diablo 2 but the controls are tedious as all hell.

  • PancakePancake Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Waka Laka wrote: »
    bruin wrote: »
    Page- wrote: »
    Page- wrote: »
    bruin wrote: »
    Page- wrote: »
    I'm not digging the chunky animation. Doesn't look smooth enough to be an action game.

    And I watched a video on gametrailers where the devs were talking about a "right stick" control scheme. As in "Death By Degrees" controls?

    If so, the only thing epic about this game is the FAIL.

    I remember the logic that the DBD devs used at the time, something along the lines of: "action gamers want something different." When will people realize that "different" IS NOT a synonym for "better," or even "good."

    Dude, watch today's 1UP Show (linked above) and/or listen to today's 1UP Yours. It's not even an action game really, it's more RPG. It's not supposed to be like Ninja Gaiden or God of War or Devil May Cry at all, think more Diablo with some depth to the combat.

    I'll listen, but watching the game in action seems a better way to judge. Also, I disagree with most of what goes on in that podcast. I don't need the game to be Ninja Gaiden deep, but the fact is that most games released since Diablo 2 don't even come close to it, so until I've seen a game at least do that I'll remaign skeptical.
    It's a role-playing game. It won't be Ninja Gaiden Deep for the same reason Madden isn't Ninja Gaiden Deep: they share only extremely tenuous links to each other. This is not the next God Hand, it's the next KotOR.

    I mean, yes there is obviously a bit more of the focus on a decent action aspect to it, but christ. It's like complaining that Baldur's Gate 2 just isn't living up to Devil May Cry 3's high standards.

    My gripe is not about the genre of the game, it's about the CONTROLS. If the control scheme is the one I think it is then it cannot work, no matter what type of game it is.

    I don't see how you can say that not having played it, especially when people who have played the most recent build say it controls well.

    Lets see what Diablos controls were... Ah yes

    *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* and yet it is still hailed as one of the greatest RPGs of all time. I'm not bagging it, I love Diablo and Diablo 2 but the controls are tedious as all hell.

    One of the greatest action RPGs of all time.

    There's a difference.

    wAgWt.jpg
  • Waka LakaWaka Laka Calm your fuck, bro. Melbourne, VicRegistered User regular
    edited October 2007
    It is a least in the top 5 to 10, thats saying alot that simple control schemes are what people want. I know it's not number one, but 6+ million copies sold does'nt exactly say "Ass game" does it

This discussion has been closed.