Options

I've met more famous people than you

• Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Doc wrote: »
    Doc wrote: »
    Also he has a stuffed dodo in his living room

That is totally awesome. How big are their butts anyway, Like, arm's width, hand's width?

Not as big as I'd expected.

Also, the reason I was there, not kidding, was to pick up some goliath tarantulas for delivery to one of his friends.

So Awesome.

Indie Winter on
    wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    Penguin IncarnatePenguin Incarnate King of Kafiristan Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Met Orson Scott Card at a book signing for Shadow Puppets a few years back. I got there early and just kinda stood around and shot the breeze with him. Nice guy.

Also, Gym Class Heroes and He Is Legend (separate occasions of course).

Oh, and Brooke Hogan. You know, Hulk's daughter? That's, uh.... that's a lot of woman right there.

Grey Ghost on
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    I met Michael Cera and Jonah Hill with borfase.

And by "met," I mean, "They sped by in rickshaws."

Penguin Incarnate on
  • Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    Met Orson Scott Card at a book signing for Shadow Puppets a few years back. I got there early and just kinda stood around and shot the breeze with him. Nice guy.

Met the guy once, too. Seemed nice enough. A fan-girl friend of mine wanted him to sign her boobs, but he's Mormon, so that was a no go. Totally awkward.

Indie Winter on
    wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    doublehawk00doublehawk00 Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    i met michael cera and jonah hill by meeting them

doublehawk00 on
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Grey Ghost wrote: »

Met the guy once, too. Seemed nice enough. A fan-girl friend of mine wanted him to sign her boobs, but he's Mormon, so that was a no go. Totally awkward.

Haha, way to go.

Grey Ghost on
  • Options
    Dublo7Dublo7 Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    DSCN0390.jpg
    You lucky fuck.

Dublo7 on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    How can you be a fangirl and not know the most basic shit about the person they're obsessed about?

Penguin Incarnate on
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    How can you be a fangirl and not know the most basic shit about the person they're obsessed about?

She's dumb as a brick. Seriously. Most of her fan-girl-ism (is that even how you're supposed to write it?) comes from stuff she made up on her own. It's like her own life is a terrible fan-fiction she writes as she goes along.

Indie Winter on
    wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    CrackedLensCrackedLens Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Ive met:

FAMOUS TYPES
    Matthew McConaughey
    David Strathairn
    Matthew Fox
    Ian McShane
    McG
    (You'll notice that these are all cast and directors of "We Are Marshall". They filmed in my hometown.)

SPORTS TYPES
    Randy Moss
    Shaquille ONeal
    Chad Pennington
    Troy Brown
    Byron Leftwhich

POLITICAL TYPES
    Robert C. Byrd
    John Kerry

CrackedLens on
    XBoxLive Gamertag: ZombieKyle Secret Satan Wishlist
  • Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    I met Mitt Romney but he doesn't count because he was our governor and also a cunt

Javen on
  • Options
    Big Red TieBig Red Tie beautiful clydesdale style feet too hot to trotRegistered User regular
    edited February 2008
    I've met Hurley from Lost

Big Red Tie on
    3926 4292 8829
    Beasteh wrote: »
    *おなら*
  • Options
    edited February 2008

Is he truly as fat as advertised?

Indie Winter on
    wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    Calamity JaneCalamity Jane That Wrong Love Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    DSCN0390.jpg

smooth

i imagine kojima is bringing his arm off the table so he can wind up and slap you really hard

Calamity Jane on
    twitter https://twitter.com/mperezwritesirl michelle patreon https://www.patreon.com/thatwronglove michelle's comic book from IMAGE COMICS you can order http://a.co/dn5YeUD
  • Options
    FalloutFallout GIRL'S DAY WAS PRETTY GOOD WHILE THEY LASTEDRegistered User regular
    edited February 2008
    The Danzig thing may or may not have been a complete fabrication
    Javen wrote: »
    I'm also fairly sure Gary Busey honked at my girlfriend once

So is your girlfriend hot or what? It could be useful to know what sort of standards Busey sets himself.

She was actually incredibly attractive, yes.

I met Michael Cera when I was with her, too, though on a different occasion

Now, that is a dude I would like to just floor

Fallout on
    xcomsig.png
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    Gary Busey is an ugly motherfucker.

Dublo7 on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    He and she grabbed for a shirt at the same time and he did the whole "be awkward and stutter" thing before he eventually handed to her and walked away, still stuttering softly

it was actually mildly creepy

Javen on
  • Options
    DislexicDislexic Creepy Uncle Bad Touch Your local playgroundRegistered User regular
    edited February 2008
    it was actually mildly pathetic

Dislexic on
    batsig.jpg
  • Options
    Big Red TieBig Red Tie beautiful clydesdale style feet too hot to trotRegistered User regular
    edited February 2008

yep
    he's pretty damn fat

Big Red Tie on
    3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
  • Options
    edited February 2008

yep
    he's pretty damn fat

I can't fucking wait for his character to die. They can keep him obese on a deserted island for so long before he's gotta be offed, no matter how many cookie jars he secretly scruffs down.

Indie Winter on
    wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood My baby's in there someplace She crawled right inRegistered User regular
    edited February 2008
    I met Arnold Schwarzenegger when I was a kid. Saw his Humvee too.

A bit of background: my dad was the food and beverage director at a particular hotel in San Pedro, California. The hotel was best known for its marina, where the Schwarzenegger film Collateral Damage was going to film a scene or something like that. Arnold stayed at the hotel, I met Arnold when he was checking it and pulled up in his car.

Fun fact: Arnold Schwarzenegger will only eat one kind of oatmeal and requires it to be in any hotel room he is going to check into.

Clint Eastwood on
  • Options
    The Rocking MThe Rocking M Brisbane, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited February 2008
  • Options
    edited February 2008

yep
    he's pretty damn fat

I can't fucking wait for his character to die. They can keep him obese on a deserted island for so long before he's gotta be offed, no matter how many cookie jars he secretly scruffs down.

there's something wrong with you

they already killed charlie, why do you want to ruin everything i enjoy about lost

Big Red Tie on
    3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    Man if I didn't know better I'd say that was the guy from Flock of Seagulls

Javen on
  • Options
    edited February 2008

yep
    he's pretty damn fat

they already killed charlie, why do you want to ruin everything i enjoy about lost

Man, I love the dude, I just want to see how he goes. It's gotta be awesome. Like, fucking saving Locke from a surprise smoke-monster attack, his chins all flapping around as he dies heroically.

Indie Winter on
    wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    Nobody knows who that dude is.

Dublo7 on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited February 2008

yep
    he's pretty damn fat

Man, I love the dude, I just want to see how he goes. It's gotta be awesome. Like, fucking saving Locke from a surprise smoke-monster attack, his chins all flapping around as he dies heroically.

or maybe he can stay alive like the weird forward flashback things suggest

and man the koreans better not die either

Big Red Tie on
    3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
  • Options
    edited February 2008

yep
    he's pretty damn fat

or maybe he can stay alive like the weird forward flashback things suggest

and man the koreans better not die either

Aww hell no, what's going on there is way too good to kill. Still though, Hurly had better lose at least some weight before season 4 ends, or that tubby motherfucker has got to go.

Indie Winter on
    wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    Bendery It Like BeckhamBendery It Like Beckham Hopeless Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Uh, I hung out on the tour bus with the ladies from 'The Donnas'

I also met the guy from Jimmy eat World, he is short.

also Robert Khoo, you may have heard of him.

Bendery It Like Beckham on
  • Options
    DislexicDislexic Creepy Uncle Bad Touch Your local playgroundRegistered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Bendery wrote: »

hmmm, nope, name doesn't ring a bell

Dislexic on
    batsig.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    Dislexic wrote: »
    Bendery wrote: »

hmmm, nope, name doesn't ring a bell

You're really Khlooless, aren't you?

Indie Winter on
    wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    edited February 2008
    I met Donald Rumsfeld. I was very uneasy around him, like he was going to sell my future short at any moment.

Shorty on
  • Options
    435435 [E] Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    I guess it all depends on the definition of "met" and "famous" here.

These are all people I've at least shaken hands with and exchanged pleasantries with.

Politicos:
    Bud Clark, Bill Clinton, Hillary Clinton, Michael Dukakis.

Sports Figures:
    Jerry Rice, Steve Largent, Mike Holmgren (gigantic prick), Matt Hasselbeck, Gary Payton, Clyde Drexler, Buck Williams, Brian Bozworth, Harold Reynolds, Mike Riley, Randy Couture.

Actors:
    Ahnald, Michael Richards. No, I didn't get to meet Wil at PAX.

Musicians:
    Frontalot, Meredeth Brooks, Wheelie Cyberman of Optimus Rhyme.

Comedians:
    Josh Blue, Colin Mocherie, Ryan Stiles.

Cartoonists:
    Matt Groening, Will Vinton.

Authors:
    James Burke (of Connections fame), Mercedes Lackey.

Comic People:
    Robert Khoo (who broke my Rock Band drums), Tycho (whom I've challenged to Scrabble and have given dictionaries of large multisyllabic words), Gabe.

435 on
    catsig.jpg
  • Options
    Agent VesagoAgent Vesago Half Iago. Half Fu Manchu. All Bastard. Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    I've met a bunch of people from attending conventions, but never met anyone outside of that.

Agent Vesago on
    Clowns.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    i met bret hart/1-2-3 kid at a bennigan's here in tampa

i met claudia christian at a convention. yes she is just as hot in person

Dislexic on
    batsig.jpg
  • Options
    Regicid3Regicid3 Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    All those famous people are lame, I.H.N.I.W.T.R.

Regicid3 on
  • Options
    GefahrMausGefahrMaus Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    I have met: John Linnel and John Flandsberg from They Might Be Giants
    Frank Black from The Pixies, Rivers Cuomo from Weezer, Mc Hammer at a 7-11, Willie Nelson in an airport, Milla Jovovich, John Romita Jr, Arthur Adams, Robert Jordan, Robert Asprin (Myth books), Tracy Hickman (dragonlance), Nautica Thorn, I talked to Steven Baldwin on the phone a few times when he had problems with his AOL and once when very young and only because i went to his karate school Chuck Norris.

GefahrMaus on
  • Options
    bowlofpetuniasbowlofpetunias Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    GefahrMaus wrote: »
    Frank Black from The Pixies, Rivers Cuomo from Weezer, Mc Hammer at a 7-11, Willie Nelson in an airport, Milla Jovovich, John Romita Jr, Arthur Adams, Robert Jordan, Robert Asprin (Myth books), Tracy Hickman (dragonlance), Nautica Thorn, I talked to Steven Baldwin on the phone a few times when he had problems with his AOL and once when very young and only because i went to his karate school Chuck Norris.

I've met a few comedians (Jim Gaffigan is from my hometown and we kind of keep in touch) but THAT makes me so envious.

bowlofpetunias on
  • Options
    GefahrMausGefahrMaus Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    GefahrMaus wrote: »

I've met a few comedians (Jim Gaffigan is from my hometown and we kind of keep in touch) but THAT makes me so envious.

The guys from TMBG and Frank Black i met at the same show. It was awesome. at the end they all got on stage together and took requests. Lemme tell ya FreeBird on the accordian with Frank Black and TMBG was fairly bitchin.

GefahrMaus on