As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Dave and Busters / Gameworks in VT , CT?

chaosisorderchaosisorder Cupcake Princess and Pinny WhoreOregonRegistered User regular
edited March 2008 in Help / Advice Forum
So obviously they aren't, but does anyone know of a similar establishment (more adult oriented video game locale that serves alcohol, food) somewhere near either Hartford or Burlington or between the two?

Thanks H/A!

chaosisorder on

• ImprovoloneImprovolone Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    You could always check out the ones in New York. But then again, Hartfords like, middle of the state, right? What kind of distance are you willing to travel?

Improvolone on
    Voice actor for hire. My time is free if your project is!
  • FellhandFellhand Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    B town represent.

There's like one internet cafe on Church Street, but I don't think they let you drink there. They might let you byob if you did one of their lock in nights where they game from close till morning.

As far as I know, there is nothing like a Dave & Buster's up here in VT.

Fellhand on
  • MalkorMalkor Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    I think there's a Dave and Buster's in Milford, CT at the mall which is like 40 or so mins away from Hartford.

Malkor on
    14271f3c-c765-4e74-92b1-49d7612675f2.jpg
    edited March 2008
    I could have sworn there was one in CT as well, but their website disagrees.

Improvolone on
  • Omnicron9999Omnicron9999 Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Malkor wrote: »
    I think there's a Dave and Buster's in Milford, CT at the mall which is like 40 or so mins away from Hartford.

Thats not a Dave and Busters, its called Smiles Entertainment Center. http://www.smilesentertainment.com/ It is really more meant for kids, I'm 90% sure they don't serve alcohol. They do have crappy food though. It used to be alot better than it is now. Alot of their games are broken, etc.

I would recommend avoiding it unless you REALLY can't find any other place. There are next to no arcades in CT though.

Omnicron9999 on
  • lunchbox12682lunchbox12682 MinnesotaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Right outside Burlington is Pizza Putt which is supposed ot be pretty cool, not sure if it's more kidsy or adult (Dave&Buster way).
    The internet gaming cafe on Church Street closed in the last 6 months.
    It's Vermont, what are you expecting?

lunchbox12682 on
  • chaosisorderchaosisorder Cupcake Princess and Pinny Whore OregonRegistered User regular
    edited March 2008
    We were heading out to VT for the standard relax and stare at a lake vacation and hoping to meet centrally with some game type friends from CT and it sounded like the right type of place. Alas it sounds like it is not to be and we will just have to figure out something else appropriate.

Thanks for the help!

chaosisorder on
    edited March 2008
    If you're in Vermont, do NOT meet in CT. Vermont is so much more fun.

Improvolone on
    edited March 2008
    Right outside Burlington is Pizza Putt which is supposed ot be pretty cool, not sure if it's more kidsy or adult (Dave&Buster way).
    The internet gaming cafe on Church Street closed in the last 6 months.
    It's Vermont, what are you expecting?

Pizza Putt is fun, but it always has a bunch of kids. I don't know if you can get beer there, but you can't booze and game.

Fellhand on
  • locomotivemanlocomotiveman Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    This may well be absolutely useless, but when I lived in Vergennes Vermont back in the early 1990s there was a pizza beer and game place in Montpelier. I can't recall the name however. Perhaps there is something local in Middlebury?

locomotiveman on
    aquabat wrote:
    I actually worked at work on Saturday. Also I went out on a date with a real life girl.

Can you like, permanently break the forums?
    edited March 2008
    This may well be absolutely useless, but when I lived in Vergennes Vermont back in the early 1990s there was a pizza beer and game place in Montpelier. I can't recall the name however. Perhaps there is something local in Middlebury?

There is nothing in Middlebury. That is where I live.

Edit: Although at Two Brothers on a Monday they do movie night.

Fellhand on
    edited March 2008
    Malkor wrote: »

Thats not a Dave and Busters, its called Smiles Entertainment Center. http://www.smilesentertainment.com/ It is really more meant for kids, I'm 90% sure they don't serve alcohol. They do have crappy food though. It used to be alot better than it is now. Alot of their games are broken, etc.

I would recommend avoiding it unless you REALLY can't find any other place. There are next to no arcades in CT though.

No, I know where Smiles is. It used to be Milford Amusement Center (We've got the fun!) and Nathan's. I confused Steve and Barry's with Dave and Buster, but there's a 'KrazyCity' openin there soon, but I think it's targeted for kids and children's birthday parties.

Malkor on
  • Enos316Enos316 Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Being a CT resident this has always bugged me, do we know why there isn't a Dave & Busters in CT?

Enos316 on

Enos.jpg
  • JeffHJeffH Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    There's a Dave and Busters in Providence RI, don't know if you want to drive that far, though

JeffH on
  • ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Holy shit, Vermont represent! I had no idea there were this many Vermonters on the board. :P

The only place I can think of (aside from the Burlington lan center that was mentioned, which I've heard nothing but eliteist shit about) would be a drive to Nashua to Funspot. Aside from that? -shrug- :|

Shadowfire on
    WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    I don't suppose there are any Jillians out there?

Thanatos on
  • GdiguyGdiguy San Diego, CARegistered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Thanatos wrote: »
    I don't suppose there are any Jillians out there?

The website (http://www.jilliansbilliards.com/club_detail_E.asp?club_id=25) seems to have one in Manchester (NH) and one in Worchester (MA), but no cities I could remember as VT/CT... though I'm not sure if that's a full listing, unless they've closed the ones in NY and Boston in the last 3 or 4 years (possible)

Gdiguy on
    edited March 2008
    Well my town has Sleeping Giant. That's something I guess.

Malkor on