As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Strong Bad's Cool Game for Attractive People Coming to Wiiware!

13»

• Options
    AbsoluteZeroAbsoluteZero The new film by Quentin Koopantino Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    cloudeagle wrote: »
    Considering this game is coming out in JUNE, and the Bros. Chaps did all the voices/writing/planning etc., I think we now know why homestarrunner.com's updates have been irregular lately.

HSR updates have been irregular for years now...

AbsoluteZero on
    cs6f034fsffl.jpg
  • Options
    UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Considering this game is coming out in JUNE, and the Bros. Chaps did all the voices/writing/planning etc., I think we now know why homestarrunner.com's updates have been irregular lately.

I quit watching back in college when they took a huge break from it, like several months, but now that I look at the archives it's been going pretty regularly since then.

UncleSporky on
    Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • Options
    mntorankusumntorankusu I'm not sure how to use this thing.... Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Jandaru wrote: »
    Jandaru wrote: »
    Hm. I didn't know that was possible in Mario Paint. Why would the Chapman brothers use Japanese text?

I'm guessing it was a font available in Mario Paint or something. My katakana is pretty rusty, but as far as I can tell it's meaningless gibberish. I guess they thought it looked cool?

Yeah, I tried to figure out if it said anything a long time ago and came to the same conclusion. I think they were just trying to make it look like the opening to a Japanese cartoon.

mntorankusu on
  • Options
    AbsoluteZeroAbsoluteZero The new film by Quentin Koopantino Registered User regular
    edited April 2008

I quit watching back in college when they took a huge break from it, like several months, but now that I look at the archives it's been going pretty regularly since then.

I believe that was when their dad died, that they took the huge break.

AbsoluteZero on
    cs6f034fsffl.jpg
  • Options
    eelektrikeelektrik Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited April 2008
    http://wii.ign.com/articles/865/865974p1.html

Their Day Two coverage of the Nintendo Media Summit has some impressions of Strong Bad gameplay footage.
    The introduction starts. Strong Bad wakes up and walks theough his house, singing about his style, and how you can't handle his style.

eelektrik on
    (She/Her)
  • Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    eelektrik wrote: »

Their Day Two coverage of the Nintendo Media Summit has some impressions of Strong Bad gameplay footage.
    The introduction starts. Strong Bad wakes up and walks theough his house, singing about his style, and how you can't handle his style.
    Homestar is sitting on the couch, Strong Bad talks to him through a simple iconic dialogue selection. You can kick The Cheat into the dryer. He can use a taken cellphone to make crankcalls to Marzipan.

In the game you can make your own Teen Girl Squad comics with 3x5 cards found throughout the adventure.

You can play retro games on Strong Bad's system. In the demo they play Snake Boxer 5 using the Wii Remote in classic form. The game looks like the Activision boxing game. There will be at least one micro game in each of the episodes.

Holy fuck yes.

cloudeagle on
    Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    Hotlead JunkieHotlead Junkie Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    This game just keeps sounding better and better.

Hotlead Junkie on
    tf2_sig.png
  • Options
    DyvionDyvion Back in Sunny Florida!!Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Must... Get.. a Wii...

First Monster Hunter 3 and now Strongbad's Cool Game for Attractive People... yay economic stimulus package!

Dyvion on
    Steam: No Safety In Life
    PSN: Dyvion -- Eternal: Dyvion+9393 -- Genshin Impact: Dyvion
  • Options
    RocketlexRocketlex Registered User regular
    edited April 2008

I've noticed that the site updates tend to become much more erratic during the summer, and there's usually a two or even three week hiatus in there somewhere. I suspect that's what happened when you left. The frustrating part is that it just happens, and there's no "Back in August" message up. I guess since they don't keep a schedule anyway (and can make a new cartoon in a couple days if they want,) they don't like to rope themselves into planned vacations and prefer to play it by ear.

Rocketlex on
    While you were asleep, your windows told me all your secrets.
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    Rocketlex wrote: »
    (and can make a new cartoon in a couple days if they want)
    I wonder about this. Many of the newer ones are quite long and involved, with new scenery/art most of the time. And stuff like real world pictures, and good writing to boot. It's gotta take more than an afternoon, I would think.

It's a significant source of income for them too, I hear.

UncleSporky on
    Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    edited April 2008
    I wonder about this. Many of the newer ones are quite long and involved, with new scenery/art most of the time. And stuff like real world pictures, and good writing to boot. It's gotta take more than an afternoon, I would think.

I believe they say on the DVDs that they usually pick out an email to answer Saturday night and make the cartoon over the course of Sunday.

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    quovadis13quovadis13 Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    This is completely out of left field.........AND I ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT!!

quovadis13 on
  • Options
    RockinXRockinX Registered User regular
    edited April 2008

I believe they say on the DVDs that they usually pick out an email to answer Saturday night and make the cartoon over the course of Sunday.

You're telling me that they use real e-mails for their cartoons?

Wow, awesome.

RockinX on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    RockinX wrote: »

Wow, awesome.

I know the guy who wrote the Japanese cartoon email and thus helped create Stinkoman. James Ffffffffff, otherwise known as James Feltz.

UncleSporky on
  • Options
    darleysamdarleysam On my way to UKRegistered User regular
    edited April 2008
    So is this coming out on the pc too? Has this already been asked?

darleysam on
    forumsig.png
  • Options
    SomestickguySomestickguy Registered User regular
    edited April 2008

Wow, awesome.

"Click here to e-mail Strong Bad".

At the end of each e-mail.

How could you miss it
    darleysam wrote: »
    So is this coming out on the pc too?

Yup, it is. good for those without wireless internet such as myself.:D

Somestickguy on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    Hooray! I do intend to get a Wii, but I'm not really looking to buy a new console by the summer, so it's good to know I won't have to miss out.

darleysam on
    forumsig.png
  • Options
    edited April 2008

Well, I'm sold.

I wonder if at some point in the game you have to check your emails.

AbsoluteZero on
    cs6f034fsffl.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2008

Well, I'm sold.

I wonder if at some point in the game you have to check your emails.

I imagine this will be an integral part of the game. I wonder if, instead of performing some sort of fetch-quest, you just send The Cheat to go do it instead.

darleysam on
    forumsig.png
  • Options
    MichaelJWilliamsMichaelJWilliams Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    KVW wrote: »
    Can ugly people still buy this? I'd really like to play it, but...

Strong Bad actually answers this question in the Gameplay Trailer.

And wow this game sounds good. I'm surprised you can't buy the Wii version in a bundle though. I wonder if the PC version full series pack will have extras, like Sam & Max Season One did.

MichaelJWilliams on
  • Options
    NocrenNocren Lt Futz, Back in Action North CarolinaRegistered User regular
    edited April 2008
    GimeC wrote: »
    Coincidentally, on the FAQ is says that telltale has another, third episodic series to be revealed sometime. Speculation time! Could be original, but considering the massive success of Sam and Max I bet it's based on an existing brand name, which is fine.

Not sure if this was answered on the other pages, but I think I recall seeing something based off of the old Bone comics. I don't remember where I heard it from but that's what I remember.

Nocren on
    newSig.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    Nocren wrote: »
    Coincidentally, on the FAQ is says that telltale has another, third episodic series to be revealed sometime. Speculation time! Could be original, but considering the massive success of Sam and Max I bet it's based on an existing brand name, which is fine.

Not sure if this was answered on the other pages, but I think I recall seeing something based off of the old Bone comics. I don't remember where I heard it from but that's what I remember.
    They've been doing that for a while now. If I remember it was even their first episodic series before Sam and Max.

UncleSporky on
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    edited April 2008

Wow, awesome.

It's been a while since my Homestar Nerd days, but while they generally edit an email to shorten it and make it cut to the chase, they do almost always base the email off of one they actually received, yes. The only exception I can think of is the email "mile."

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    edited April 2008
    So Wii and PC...

I don't know if anyone's mentioned, but I hope the chances are good of a Gametap release, to join Sam & Max.

Shadowfire on
    WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    Captain ElevenCaptain Eleven The last card is a kronk Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    you can make your own Teen Girl Squad comics with 3x5 cards found throughout the adventure.

Day one purchase.

Captain Eleven on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    In IGN's interview (I think) they say it's not so much make your own TGS as it is choose your own TGS. Like the old books.

If you want So-and-So to make out with Cheerleader's boyfriend, turn to page 73!

If So-and-so should let the moment pass and go out for Chinese, turn to page 47 1/2!

UncleSporky on
  • Options
    Hotlead JunkieHotlead Junkie Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    This game looks soooooooooooooo good!

Hotlead Junkie on
    tf2_sig.png
  • Options
    PatboyXPatboyX Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Nocren wrote: »

They've been doing that for a while now. If I remember it was even their first episodic series before Sam and Max.

I think I recently read an interview where TellTale used the failing of the Bone series as one of the reasons why Sam and Max worked.

reference: http://au.gamespot.com/news/6189014.html

reading it again, I guess Bone could potentially be started up again. I remember playing the demo of Bone and hating it. Maybe I'll try again soon.

PatboyX on
    "lenny bruce is not afraid..."
    brush1rt1.jpg