As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Game ON] Team Fortress 2: Dear Door, have fun in the army, love PA

• Options
    Flippy_DFlippy_D Digital Conquistador LondonRegistered User regular
    edited June 2008
    That explains why you and Iowa kept setting up forward SGs. Repeatedly. Constantly.

Flippy_D on
    p8fnsZD.png
  • Options
    StasisStasis Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    My connection is getting really annoying. I've never had a problem with my ping before, but over the past week I've been consistently getting near 200, and occasionally up to 500.

Wherever you are SoaL, I feel so sorry for you.

Stasis on
  • Options
    GarthorGarthor Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Oh, DUH. Engineer unlockable idea: Instant Sentry Gun. Can only be upgraded to level 2, but can be built in 1/4 the time. For offensive engineers.

Garthor on
  • Options
    Roland_tHTGRoland_tHTG Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    I was gonna ask if anything special happened while I was gone, but the thread has only added 50 pages so I assume there's no need.

Roland_tHTG on
  • Options
    theantipoptheantipop Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    marty wrote: »
    tofu wrote: »
    Where is everyone?

too busy reading my story and telling everyone they know how awesome I am

I know what you mean, I told a pretty ridic story earlier. In case you forgot:
    theantipop wrote: »
    I killed a mans one time and took a screenshot.

I'm sure someone can back me up on this.

theantipop on
  • Options
    MalkorMalkor Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Mindspread wrote: »
    I rage quit that game. Not because of anything anyone was doing, but because I was playing so badly.

Did someone say... RAGEQUIT

Malkor on
    14271f3c-c765-4e74-92b1-49d7612675f2.jpg
  • Options
    LemmingLemming Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    RAAAAAAAAAAAAGE QUIIIIIIIIIIIT

Lemming on
  • Options
    JaramrJaramr Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    RAGE QUIT IN THE NAME OF CRIT ROCKETS!

Jaramr on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    KagnarosKagnaros Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    I always ragequit when i suck.

So yeah, I f10 a lot. WANNA FIGHT ABOUT IT?!

Kagnaros on
    fss.png
  • Options
    Meatshie1dMeatshie1d Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    RAGE QUIT IN THE NAME OF MY NAME BEING WEIRDLY COPIED!

Meatshie1d on
  • Options
    MindspreadMindspread Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    quick question:

Has anyone changed their default crosshairs? Sometimes, on my shitty monitor, the default ones are kind of hard to see.

Mindspread on
  • Options
    Job_41:25Job_41:25 Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Where is everyone?

too busy reading my story and telling everyone they know how awesome I am

I know what you mean, I told a pretty ridic story earlier. In case you forgot:
    I killed a mans one time and took a screenshot.

I'm sure someone can back me up on this.

Amazing but true!
    He is a David among Goliaths
    theantipopislookinggoodvm7.jpg

theantipop actually owns one of the 10' long bonesaws
    theantipopislookinggoodgf1.jpg

Job_41:25 on
  • Options
    rakuenCallistorakuenCallisto Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited June 2008
    Ok. Here's how it goes. Second stage of goldrush, we've just capped the first point with the cart. I tell iowa to go up and left out the window, where we wrench a sniper and a soldier before telling him "Lets hit their spawn, get a sentry going"

Iowa builds a sentry right behind that rock (right side of the red spawn), but he soon attracts the attention of a spawning sniper and an engineer on the far left, whose getting his sentry going on the stairs. Iowa and him pistol duel whilst I try and take on the sniper. Iowa's sentry still isn't up, so the red engie by the far left comes over to try and wrench it down. Iowa wrenches his face in before the deed can be done. Meanwhile, I've critted the snipers face with the bonesaw, but not before the full force of red team spawns in.

The full force of the red team spawns in, as we hear a giant click noise, and I'm thinking me and iowa are done for. Miraclously, only a soldier and an engineer appear from the right and try to take us down. Iowa wrenches the soldier, whilst the red engineer tries to set up a level one then and there in front of us, and started furiously hitting his sentry to get it going. Having seen iowa take out the soldier, the red engy rushes iowa's sentry trying to wrench it down, but iowa gives chase and they start circling Iowa's sentry, the red engineer wrenching it as he goes, Iowa trying to reheal his sentry up. The red engineers sentry sets up, and starts shooting at the iowa's sentry.

Somehow, this nerd of a red engineer runs back to his sentry and ohmygodICantstoplaughing, he starts wrenching his own lvl1 sentry. So here I am, watching these two nerds have a sentry-off. Meanwhile, the rest of our team has caught on and caps the final point in time, but poor iowa is hit by a stray sentry bullet, but not before his sentry takes out the now-disabled red engineer and his sentry.

It was so fucking hectic, and all the while this is going on, Iowa's hitting random voice commands like "Dammitdangnabbit" and "I need some doggone help" and "charge me doc"
    hahaha "damnit dag nabit" hahahaa oh my god i would dying of laughter.

rakuenCallisto on
    cbtswoosig.png
  • Options
    Hey YouHey You Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Hello friends, the final version of heights is up called pl_dbheights.

http://www.fpsbanana.com/maps/56090

I have completed the map, made the necessary changes from the play test and moving on to the new project. Thanks!

Hey You on
  • Options
    ImpersonatorImpersonator Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Oh god, I'm getting annoyed as hell trying to get that gravelpit achievement..it seems as though I will always have that 16 of 17 haunting me..

Impersonator on
  • Options
    iowaiowa Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Ok. Here's how it goes. Second stage of goldrush, we've just capped the first point with the cart. I tell iowa to go up and left out the window, where we wrench a sniper and a soldier before telling him "Lets hit their spawn, get a sentry going"

Iowa builds a sentry right behind that rock (right side of the red spawn), but he soon attracts the attention of a spawning sniper and an engineer on the far left, whose getting his sentry going on the stairs. Iowa and him pistol duel whilst I try and take on the sniper. Iowa's sentry still isn't up, so the red engie by the far left comes over to try and wrench it down. Iowa wrenches his face in before the deed can be done. Meanwhile, I've critted the snipers face with the bonesaw, but not before the full force of red team spawns in.

The full force of the red team spawns in, as we hear a giant click noise, and I'm thinking me and iowa are done for. Miraclously, only a soldier and an engineer appear from the right and try to take us down. Iowa wrenches the soldier, whilst the red engineer tries to set up a level one then and there in front of us, and started furiously hitting his sentry to get it going. Having seen iowa take out the soldier, the red engy rushes iowa's sentry trying to wrench it down, but iowa gives chase and they start circling Iowa's sentry, the red engineer wrenching it as he goes, Iowa trying to reheal his sentry up. The red engineers sentry sets up, and starts shooting at the iowa's sentry.

Somehow, this nerd of a red engineer runs back to his sentry and ohmygodICantstoplaughing, he starts wrenching his own lvl1 sentry. So here I am, watching these two nerds have a sentry-off. Meanwhile, the rest of our team has caught on and caps the final point in time, but poor iowa is hit by a stray sentry bullet, but not before his sentry takes out the now-disabled red engineer and his sentry.

It was so fucking hectic, and all the while this is going on, Iowa's hitting random voice commands like "Dammitdangnabbit" and "I need some doggone help" and "charge me doc"

All I remember is the 2 uber wrench kills, then setting up a sentry, then pistol dueling an engy on the other side, then looking back at my sentry and seeing an engy trying to wrench it, then looking up and seeing another lvl 1 sentry shooting mine.

If we really did kill that many people then it is a cause for celebration.

iowa on
  • Options
    Roland_tHTGRoland_tHTG Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Hey You wrote: »
    Hello friends, the final version of heights is up called pl_dbheights.

http://www.fpsbanana.com/maps/56090

I have completed the map, made the necessary changes from the play test and moving on to the new project. Thanks!

very nice

Roland_tHTG on
  • Options
    rakuenCallistorakuenCallisto Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited June 2008
    iowa wrote: »
    All I remember is the 2 uber wrench kills, then setting up a sentry, then pistol dueling an engy on the other side, then looking back at my sentry and seeing an engy trying to wrench it, then looking up and seeing another lvl 1 sentry shooting mine.

If we really did kill that many people then it is a cause for celebration.
    LET'S GET DRUNK!

(oo high)

rakuenCallisto on
    cbtswoosig.png
  • Options
    tofutofu Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Attn Doctors:

When I shout "MEDIC" that means I would like to be healed.

tofu on
  • Options
    Flippy_DFlippy_D Digital Conquistador LondonRegistered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Attn Doctors:

memento2.jpg

Flippy_D on
    p8fnsZD.png
  • Options
    RustRust __BANNED USERS regular
    edited June 2008
    Flippy_D wrote: »
    Attn Doctors:

memento2.jpg

Don't believe his lies?

Rust on
  • Options
    DemerdarDemerdar Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Rust wrote: »
    Flippy_D wrote: »
    Attn Doctors:

memento2.jpg

Don't believe his lies?

That's your John G.

Demerdar on
    y6GGs3o.gif
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    clever girl

tofu on
  • Options
    iowaiowa Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    musan you did good tongiht man

iowa on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Attn Doctors:

Medics are for earners

theantipop on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Yea I guess the heavy being overhealed by two medics is way more important than little old me.

tofu on
  • Options
    LittleBootsLittleBoots Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Attn Doctors:

Medics are for earners

Putting clients first by putting employees first, immediately after prioritizing fiscal responsibility and leveraging profitability toward exceeding by empowering our employees to put clients (and themselves) first, in a diverse and respectful environment of only those that come first, first.

LittleBoots on

Tofu wrote: Here be Littleboots, destroyer of threads and master of drunkposting.
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    omg <3

theantipop on
  • Options
    Rogueknight-Rogueknight- Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Yea I guess the heavy being overhealed by two medics is way more important than little old me.

You are correct, in that situation it does make sense for one of them to break off and heal you.

However, try to be patient because a lot of things can happen to keep the medic busy.

1) When the Heavy is bellowing, spraying hundreds of bullets and every enemy in the vicinity is shooting at him, it is exceptionally noisy. Often, it is difficult to hear the voice chat never mind the standard medic requests over that racket.

2) Medic targeting is not perfect. Often I will reclick about four or five times to try and heal the person I want, because in a group of 3/4 people the fire hose will lock on to the nearest first.

3) If that Heavy has just lept around a corner into enemy fire and I have committed myself to helping them, it is very difficult to turn back and help others straight away. If I break off - that person is dead and worse the person who killed him is probably coming round the corner to kill the rest of us.

It is a delicate balance.

4) Your order is in a queue and will be dealt with by the next available operator. :lol:

5) If in doubt or a suitably chaotic situation, I will protect the other medic before any of you, this goes double if they have an uber. If I heal the other medic, even if I die the rest of you will get healed up once the threat has passed. Also, while I'm healing him he can look after the rest of you.

I hope this explains a bit about the medic thought process.

Shout me next time i'm in game tofu, you can have an uber to make you feel better.

Rogueknight- on
  • Options
    FightTestFightTest Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    I only heal scouts.

FightTest on
    MOBA DOTA.
  • Options
    Retr0Retr0 Registered User regular
    edited June 2008

I was the other engi. I was pissing myself with laughter at ^ that point.

Retr0 on
  • Options
    MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular
    edited June 2008

Your order is in a queue and will be dealt with by the next available operator.

I hope this explains a bit about the medic thought process.

You need no more words than this.

Morninglord on
    (PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
  • Options
    Captain KCaptain K Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    my steam just updated

TF2 is updating

!

Captain K on
  • Options
    Captain KCaptain K Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    ohhhh man what a blue ball. must have been some random security update.

FALSE ALARM

Captain K on
  • Options
    PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    If you want to know, here's the update notes:
    • Changed video options initialization to fix some HUD resolution problems in mods
    • Fixed crash issuing the last disguise command when not connected to a server
    • Fixed rare crash on exit
    • Fixed a couple of issues with gamestats reporting incorrect values
    • Fixed an exploit that allowed clients to crash servers

Peewi on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Peewi wrote: »
    [*]Fixed an exploit that allowed clients to crash servers[/list]

ooh :winky:

Anyway, anybody able to invite me to the PA steam group?

Here's my Stead ID URL: clicky

Retr0 on
  • Options
    PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Retr0 wrote: »
    Peewi wrote: »
    [*]Fixed an exploit that allowed clients to crash servers[/list]

ooh :winky:

Anyway, anybody able to invite me to the PA steam group?

Here's my Stead ID URL: clicky

Invite sent, but there isn't really a use to being in the PA group unless people decide to make events or use the chat room.

EDIT: Or not. Apparently there's an error with inviting you.

EDIT 2: Nevermind. I see you're in the group now.

Peewi on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    ah ok, cheers anyway. :)

Retr0 on
  • Options
    MeizMeiz Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Captain K wrote: »
    ohhhh man what a blue ball. must have been some random security update.

FALSE ALARM

Man, I've been itching for the pyro release.

I'm guessing the spy will probably be next considering he's going to have one hell of a time next update.

Meiz on
  • Options
    savooipeerdsavooipeerd Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    FightTest wrote: »
    I only heal scouts.

Remember that time on dustbowl when you used all your übers on me while I was playing scout? That was awesome.

savooipeerd on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]