As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Game ON] Team Fortress 2: Dear Door, have fun in the army, love PA

• Options
    RandomEngyRandomEngy Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Icemopper wrote: »
    Maybe the new flamethrower could have slightly reduced damage, spread to other people on the same team touched, and spread to people of the other team. So that could be a drawback... maybe?

This idea is just no good, period. Do you think it was just a random crazy decision that Valve disabled friendly fire, removed the infect ability and let teammates pass through each other? No. Valve is just all too aware that stupid cockmongers are going to be everywhere and that the best way to make a fun internet game is to make screwing over your own team as hard as possible.

Any idea that lets retards harm their own team is terrible and will not show up in TF2.

RandomEngy on
    Profile -> Signature Settings -> Hide signatures always. Then you don't have to read this worthless text anymore.
  • Options
    martymarty Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    RandomEngy wrote: »
    Maybe the new flamethrower could have slightly reduced damage, spread to other people on the same team touched, and spread to people of the other team. So that could be a drawback... maybe?

This idea is just no good, period. Do you think it was just a random crazy decision that Valve disabled friendly fire, removed the infect ability and let teammates pass through each other? No. Valve is just all too aware that stupid cockmongers are going to be everywhere and that the best way to make a fun internet game is to make screwing over your own team as hard as possible.

Any idea that lets retards harm their own team is terrible and will not show up in TF2.

sure gave that idea the clamps

marty on
    tf2_sig.png
  • Options
    EdcrabEdcrab Actually a hack Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Oh great. Reset my stats without realising it'd adversely affect my Medic achievements.

That's... that's just great. Back to square one for 1 million healing. *facepalm*

Edcrab on
    cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
  • Options
    SithDrummerSithDrummer Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Edcrab wrote: »
    Oh great. Reset my stats without realising it'd adversely affect my Medic achievements.

That's... that's just great. Back to square one for 1 million healing. *facepalm*
    Did you already have it? If so, they should be intact.

If not, I suggest just using the program that just unlocks the three milestones, so you can get the weapons and still earn the achievements yourself if you want.

SithDrummer on
  • Options
    IcemopperIcemopper Registered User regular
    edited June 2008

If you did the console command for resetting stats, don't worry. You'll get it all back, yes including the stats, in a few days.

Icemopper on
  • Options
    martymarty Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    charge me doc

marty on
    tf2_sig.png
  • Options
    edited June 2008

If not, I suggest just using the program that just unlocks the three milestones, so you can get the weapons and still earn the achievements yourself if you want.

To be perfectly honest I can't be bothered

I don't even like playing medic

EDIT: wait stat resetting isn't even permanent? Valve, tidy your fucking console up.

Edcrab on
    cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
  • Options
    GiantRoboGiantRobo Registered User regular
    edited June 2008

Wait, I didn't know this existed. (I haven't played TF2 much lately)

I require more infos

GiantRobo on
  • Options
    tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    don't give it sith! me must keeps it a secretsss

tyrannus on
  • Options
    SoaLSoaL fantastic Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Hey You wrote: »
    Hey You wrote: »
    TyrantCow wrote: »
    I hear there are a lot of streets in New York.

And only one in all of queens named Astoria Blvd. Its pretty fucking hard to miss. Especially since it runs straight into the Triboro bridge. But hey, why would I expect a major shipping company to deliver when they say the would, I mean, its crazy to expect them to know where they're going.

Damnit the A/C isn't there yet. I could barly sleep last night. How it the 2 paths on the map going?

A/C wont be here tonight either. Map is going okay, diff map doesn't work for shit so we're going to have to work from one copy of the map from now on.

Cool, Will the A/C be here tomm? Also, I have some cool concepts for the switch boxes. Should be interesting... I also have some fixes in my head for some problems with the indoor warehouse part I was noticing last night (should stop crazy sniping I think that is going to happen.)

A/C will be here tomorrow. And I'm also really fucking up your warehouse.. should break the map nice and good.

Guys stop talking about air conditioning its fucking hot here and I have none.

SoaL on
    DKFA7.gif
  • Options
    Quaz and WallyQuaz and Wally Registered User regular
    edited June 2008

Excuse me good sir, but how did you reset your stats? I don't care if I have to get achievements again, as long as I still have my ubersaw.

Quaz and Wally on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    resetplayerstats in console

But apparently your stats bounce back, good as new, after a few days. Making it yet another throwback Valve needs to fix/remove.

Edcrab on
    cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
  • Options
    theantipoptheantipop Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Rentilius wrote: »
    don't give it sith! me must keeps it a secretsss

I already used it nub.

theantipop on
  • Options
    edited June 2008

But apparently your stats bounce back, good as new, after a few days. Making it yet another throwback Valve needs to fix/remove.

Glorious. Hopefully they fix it in the near future. Thanks for the console command!

Quaz and Wally on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Unless they fixed how the stats bounce back, it really is pointless to use that command. Just tryin' to save you guys some time.

Icemopper on
  • Options
    edited June 2008

Hai! I've got an interesting question. Is there some sort of haxorz that will remove achievements I have "earned"? I think it may be fun to see if I can actually get Big Pharma or whatever in normal play.

Quaz and Wally on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Yes, the program has the ability to add or remove any achievement.

theantipop on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    theantipop wrote: »

Excellent, and where does one acquire this "program"?

Quaz and Wally on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    I just screwed the hell out of my stats, but I got the ubersaw. Yes I did go to one of those farming servers, but all I needed was 1 mil healing, and I got it in less than 5 minutes.

Wow. For example, my max points is now 1654...

I really hope they dont make us do something as ridiculous as that for the other classes.

Icemopper on
  • Options
    MarsMars Registered User regular
    edited June 2008

That's not a bug, it's intended, to avoid accidental stat/achievement loss. Your actual stats are stored in their servers, not on your machine. And, since the stat tracking problems were all server-side, and resetting stats was disabled months ago, it obviously doesn't work anymore, and there's no conceivable way to clear them short of breaking into the server complex and doing it yourself.

Edit: The hell? Job's and the HonC are showing higher ping than Demitri's server. That's not quite right...

Mars on
  • Options
    darkenedwingdarkenedwing Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    so, I want TF2 for PC. I already have the Orange Box for 360. Should I spend $40 for the orange box on PC, and probably never play the other games, or pay $20 for just TF2 on PC?

darkenedwing on
    image.php?type=sigpic&userid=29216&dateline=1296970870
  • Options
    TyrantCowTyrantCow Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    I hear there are a lot of rockets in Tuftoo.

TyrantCow on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    so, I want TF2 for PC. I already have the Orange Box for 360. Should I spend $40 for the orange box on PC, and probably never play the other games, or pay $20 for just TF2 on PC?

Just do the 20 bucks. The others are just single player right?

Either way, you must own this game on PC.

Icemopper on
  • Options
    edited June 2008

davincie wrote: »
    After digging around on other forums (SA to be specific) I found this: http://www.filedropper.com/steamachievementmanager21 it's made by a guy there called Gibbed and it let's you check and Team Fortress (and other games too I think, haven't tried it myself) achievement so you don't have to farm it yourself. Again I have no idea if you can get banned, but the maker says there is no risk aslong as you aren't running any steam games while using it.

theantipop on
  • Options
    edited June 2008

davincie wrote: »
    After digging around on other forums (SA to be specific) I found this: http://www.filedropper.com/steamachievementmanager21 it's made by a guy there called Gibbed and it let's you check and Team Fortress (and other games too I think, haven't tried it myself) achievement so you don't have to farm it yourself. Again I have no idea if you can get banned, but the maker says there is no risk aslong as you aren't running any steam games while using it.

Thank you!

Quaz and Wally on
  • Options
    DeMoNDeMoN twitch.tv/toxic_cizzle Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    I just screwed the hell out of my stats, but I got the ubersaw. Yes I did go to one of those farming servers, but all I needed was 1 mil healing, and I got it in less than 5 minutes.

Wow. For example, my max points is now 1654...

I really hope they dont make us do something as ridiculous as that for the other classes.

Getting 1 mil healing isn't ridiculous. It just takes, you know, time.

DeMoN on
    Steam id : Toxic Cizzle
    *TyCart*_banner.jpg
  • Options
    TyrantCowTyrantCow Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    The first time I played medic after the patch, I got the 1 million healing thing.

With all the initial dinging, I thought I had broken something. Turns out, I'm just awesome.

TyrantCow on
  • Options
    darkenedwingdarkenedwing Registered User regular
    edited June 2008

Just do the 20 bucks. The others are just single player right?

Either way, you must own this game on PC.

Okay :)

My new computer should be complete by friday, so ill probably be playing it on PC by Sunday. This game is kinda why I built a $800 gaming machine :P

darkenedwing on
    image.php?type=sigpic&userid=29216&dateline=1296970870
  • Options
    VaLiantineVaLiantine Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    I went to a farming server but what I got in return wasn't all that great.
    Check my Most Healing.

VaLiantine on
  • Options
    Phoenix-DPhoenix-D Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    When they announce the pyro achievements, I'm going to try and get them all before the patch comes out.

Just so I can log onto a full server and watch the fireworks. :D Oh, and mock the "Achivement farmers are EVIL! take away their stuff!" people on the Steam forums.

Phoenix-D on
  • Options
    ZekZek Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Phoenix-D wrote: »
    When they announce the pyro achievements, I'm going to try and get them all before the patch comes out.

Just so I can log onto a full server and watch the fireworks. :D Oh, and mock the "Achivement farmers are EVIL! take away their stuff!" people on the Steam forums.

You'll only be able to get a handful of them tops, just like with the Medic.

Zek on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Mars wrote: »

That's not a bug, it's intended, to avoid accidental stat/achievement loss. Your actual stats are stored in their servers, not on your machine. And, since the stat tracking problems were all server-side, and resetting stats was disabled months ago, it obviously doesn't work anymore

Uh... exactly, hence it's a throwback. I.e., a meaningless console command, like the whole reset achievement fiasco.

Edcrab on
    cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
  • Options
    Meatshie1dMeatshie1d Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    I'm getting a really weird bug with my TF2 since the patch, every time I boot up TF2, it like minimizes and maximizes the window the second it hits the menu screen, over and over, and I usually have to reset my computer. I tried reinstalling. Didn't work. Anyone know if it's TF2, or my computer. I might have to update my 8800's drivers. Maybe?

Meatshie1d on
  • Options
    KreutzKreutz Blackwater Park, IARegistered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Meatshie1d wrote: »
    I'm getting a really weird bug with my TF2 since the patch, every time I boot up TF2, it like minimizes and maximizes the window the second it hits the menu screen, over and over, and I usually have to reset my computer. I tried reinstalling. Didn't work. Anyone know if it's TF2, or my computer. I might have to update my 8800's drivers. Maybe?

Mine does that if the firewall notice tries wrestling fullscreen away from the game. I usually have to end up bringing up the task manager and manually exiting TF2 (through the process list, "end process tree", over and over until it registers), but sometimes it rights itself if you let it sit for a minute. Find out if something else is trying to pop up when you start the game.

Kreutz on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Kreutz wrote: »

Mine does that if the firewall notice tries wrestling fullscreen away from the game. I usually have to end up bringing up the task manager and manually exiting TF2 (through the process list, "end process tree", over and over until it registers), but sometimes it rights itself if you let it sit for a minute. Find out if something else is trying to pop up when you start the game.

I checked, nothing's opening up, and my firewall lets TF2 work. This game has been working for me since release, and it just pooped out on me today. Also, it flickers in and out so fast that pulling up the Task Manager does nothing. I can't select it to end my process tree.

Meatshie1d on
  • Options
    FishMistFishMist Registered User regular
    edited June 2008

I checked, nothing's opening up, and my firewall lets TF2 work. This game has been working for me since release, and it just pooped out on me today.

Maybe...the patch messed with your TF2 config file and now TF2 is trying to run in a resolution your monitor doesn't support? That's a wild guess...

FishMist on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    FishMist wrote: »

I checked, nothing's opening up, and my firewall lets TF2 work. This game has been working for me since release, and it just pooped out on me today.

Maybe...the patch messed with your TF2 config file and now TF2 is trying to run in a resolution your monitor doesn't support? That's a wild guess...

Hmm. Lemme check that. I'm not sure if before I forced it to go to 1600x1200, which only worked when nTune was running, and I've been trying to run it without that... one second.

Meatshie1d on
  • Options
    MarsMars Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    I'm really starting to hate Goldrush. Every time I play it, it runs even worse than the time before.

It's not like I'm really taxing my system either. Every other map runs perfectly fine, while GR stutters to a halt if more than 5 people are within 30 feet of me.

Mars on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Oh, maybe I can edit my config file, where do I find that....

Meatshie1d on
  • Options
    eric.eric. __BANNED USERS regular
    edited June 2008
    having recently acquired the orange box, could I get a an invite to the PA steam group? My steam account name is Mibbok.

eric. on