As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Laser cutter tattoos?

WIckedkarmaWIckedkarma AustinRegistered User regular
edited July 2008 in Games and Technology
So its not really a game but I believe this does fall under technology if it needs to go in a different spot im sorry.

So some guys found a way to use a laser cutter to give themselves "tattoos"

Link to pics instructions and video of the machine in action.

http://www.instructables.com/id/Laser-Tattoo/

How crazy / awesome is this? one the one hand its stupid but on the other the possibilities are pretty amazing.

I wonder how long it will be before we see a full body version?

camo_sig2.png
WIckedkarma on

• Options
    BlueDestinyBlueDestiny Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    That looks like they have a skin disorder, not a tatoo. Hell, a branding iron leaves better looking marks.

BlueDestiny on
  • Options
    autono-wally, erotibot300autono-wally, erotibot300 love machine Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    goooooooo skin cancer

autono-wally, erotibot300 on
    kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
  • Options
    randombattlerandombattle Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Wow this the most hideous thing I've seen in forever. Who thought this was a good idea? Further more why do you think this is a good idea?

Possibilities are pretty amazing? I want some of whatever crack you're snorting.

randombattle on
    itsstupidbutidontcare2.gif
    I never asked for this!
  • Options
    MayGodHaveMercyMayGodHaveMercy Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Haha, it's like Lightscribe, but for people!

MayGodHaveMercy on
    XBL: Mercy XXVI - Steam: Mercy_XXVI - PSN: Mercy XXVI
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    I never said it was a good idea I actually said on one hand its stupid.. So I'm not sure where you are getting I said it was a good idea.

As far as the possibilities go, its not much different then branding and we have still yet to see the end results. It actually looks very much like UV light ink tattoos.

Now imagine someone taking this idea and expanding on it making a machine specially made to do brandings using custom made images that are way easier to create and get then with current modes.

WIckedkarma on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    DixonDixon Screwed...possibly doomed CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008

LOL that is an awesome analogy

In fact I would of sig'd it but I'm just heading off to go home from work

Dixon on
  • Options
    pabhpabh Registered User regular
    edited July 2008

:lol: best post ever

pabh on
  • Options
    Typhus733Typhus733 Yip! Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    I think I'll stick with ink tattoos.

Typhus733 on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    I will also stick with normal tats but I just think this was a pretty crazy idea.

I would not do it for myself myself but I'm all for body mods for people who are into them.

WIckedkarma on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    AbsoluteZeroAbsoluteZero The new film by Quentin Koopantino Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    o_O They look gross up close. Unless the seared flesh look is in this season...

AbsoluteZero on
    cs6f034fsffl.jpg
  • Options
    psycojesterpsycojester Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Incredibly retarded as this idea is, i do have to respect a man who is willing to main and disfigure himself in order to show other retards the most effective way to main and disfigure themselves.

psycojester on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    AbsoluteZeroAbsoluteZero The new film by Quentin Koopantino Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    The word you are looking for is maim.

AbsoluteZero on
    cs6f034fsffl.jpg
  • Options
    darleysamdarleysam On my way to UKRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    edit: never mind, getting confused by similar "best post ever" posts in different threads.

darleysam on
    forumsig.png
  • Options
    GSMGSM Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    I'm guessing this is permanent? Meaning he has a wingdings skull and a line-and-a-half of a failed invader forever shaming him? Because those were some pretty bad and simple things to choose if you're going to withstand robotic branding.

GSM on
    We'll get back there someday.
  • Options
    Asamof the HorribleAsamof the Horrible Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Wow, not only does that look gross, but the designs they chose to beam on themselves are awful. How embarrassing.

Asamof the Horrible on
  • Options
    The_SpaniardThe_Spaniard It's never lupines Irvine, CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Reminds me of the time Bam got a dick branded on his ass, multiple times..

The_Spaniard on
    Playstation/Origin/GoG: Span_Wolf Xbox/uPlay/Bnet: SpanWolf Nintendo: Span_Wolf SW-7097-4917-9392 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Span_Wolf/
  • Options
    DratatooDratatoo Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    I never said it was a good idea I actually said on one hand its stupid.. So I'm not sure where you are getting I said it was a good idea.

As far as the possibilities go, its not much different then branding and we have still yet to see the end results. It actually looks very much like UV light ink tattoos.

Now imagine someone taking this idea and expanding on it making a machine specially made to do branding using custom made images that are way easier to create and get then with current modes.

No offense to the OP, but this would be a very hard thing to do. Tattoo artist take the curves of the human body into consideration, how it might look - if the part of the skin is stretched, not stretched. - and a good artist also takes into consideration if the motive fits with your appearance, and might modify it according to your proportions. (Excluding the fact that the end result, most likely, won't look like you got cancer in form a Wingdings character on one of your body parts)

Edit:

Looking at laser burning away the upper layers of the epidermis gives me a very uneasy feeling.

Dratatoo on
  • Options
    WrenWren ninja_bird Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    cancer is the new look

Wren on
    tf2sig.jpg
    TF2 - Wren BF3: Wren-fu