As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[chat] thread

• Options
    Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    I think pizza might be one of those things that the cheap american imitation is better than the real thing

like greasy, americanized chinese food? delicious
    chicago deepdish? amazing.

Casual Eddy on
  • Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    The authentic pizza made in those little Italy pizzerias looks pretty meh.

Quid on
  • Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    it all depends
    sometimes you want greasy ass fake pizza
    sometimes you want some fancy italian shit

it all depends

Shazkar Shadowstorm on
    poo
  • Options
    RichyRichy Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    History snippet on YTV (rerun from April, I guess):
    On this day in 1813, American forces invaded Canada and burned down Toronto. The Maple Leafs used that as an excuse for not winning the Cup.

Richy on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    No I don't ever really want that Italian stuff. I don't care if it's original. Ours tastes better.

Quid on
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited July 2008
  • Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Richy wrote: »
    History snippet on YTV (rerun from April, I guess):
    On this day in 1813, American forces invaded Canada and burned down Toronto. The Maple Leafs used that as an excuse for not winning the Cup.

We need an excuse?

Aegis on
    We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    and authentic chinese food is simply not as delicious.

Casual Eddy on
  • Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Echo wrote: »

It's nice to have proof that all religions can overreact equally.

Aegis on
    We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    I would never be rude to a ritz cracker, wheat thing, or triscut. They are simply too delicious.

Casual Eddy on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    So, this morning I woke up at a friend's friend's house after a party, and my friend and I both woke up at like 6:30AM for some reason so we just left then...

So it's mad early, like 7AM on a Saturday morning, and we're driving south on RT 128/I-95.
    We see 2 cop cars on the side with flashing lights going off, and then all of a sudden, maybe 100 feet down the road, traffic is stopped. There were many cop cars blocking the entire 3 lane highway, all with lights goin, diverting traffic up the nearest off ramp (exit 19).

I tried to see further as we got off the off ramp, and further down the empty highway were more cop cars and some fire trucks too.

Even off of the highway were several more cop cars.

I was really curious as to what happened, but I didn't remember to check until now.

This happened:

tankercrash.jpg
    A gas tanker truck crashed, burst open, and erupted into flames on Route 128 South in Needham early this morning, but the driver escaped with only minor injuries, state police said.

Kevin Power, 59, of Watertown swerved his tanker to the right in an attempt to avoid hitting a large piece of metal road debris, state police said in a statement. Power lost control of his 2001 Peterbilt tractor and struck the guardrail on the right side of the road. The tanker-trailer attached to the tractor overturned, and the 11,500 gallons of gasoline inside ignited, engulfing the vehicle in flames.

Power was able to free himself from the tractor after the accident, which happened at about 5:40 a.m. He was transported by ambulance to Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center in Boston with minor injuries, State Police said. No one else was reported injured.

The southbound side of the highway was closed for about two hours between Route 9 and Great Plain Avenue, while state police and police and fire units from Needham, Newton, Wellesley, and Dedham fought the fire, investigated the crash and removed the vehicle. All lanes are now open, state police said.

Beth Pullman, a Needham woman who lives near the highway, said she heard the crash.

"I was just getting ready to go out for a walk. It was an incredible explosion, very frightening," said Pullman, a 50-year-old teacher, who snapped a picture of the aftermath from a highway overpass.

In March, the driver of a gasoline tanker was killed in Chicopee after he swerved trying to avoid a car accident and the tanker detached from its tractor, exploding into flames. In December in Everett, a tanker truck sped through a traffic circle and rolled over, spilling 9,400 gallons of burning gasoline into a residential neighborhood and causing serious property damage.

Holy fucking shit.

Shazkar Shadowstorm on
    poo
  • Options
    DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited July 2008
    Tav wrote: »
    evilbob wrote: »
    Tav wrote: »
    fuck fuck fuck fuck sadface

My dad wanted to bring me to a footie match tonight but I can't go because my stupid glasses are broken and I wouldn't be able to see the match.

Argh
    I hate it when that happens. :(
    It's a big one too, second leg of the second round of the Intertoto. We get through and we get to play Hibernian.

Argh

tape them up?

Dynagrip on
  • Options
    ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    So, this morning I woke up at a friend's friend's house after a party, and my friend and I both woke up at like 6:30AM for some reason so we just left then...

So it's mad early, like 7AM on a Saturday morning, and we're driving south on RT 128/I-95.
    We see 2 cop cars on the side with flashing lights going off, and then all of a sudden, maybe 100 feet down the road, traffic is stopped. There were many cop cars blocking the entire 3 lane highway, all with lights goin, diverting traffic up the nearest off ramp (exit 19).

I tried to see further as we got off the off ramp, and further down the empty highway were more cop cars and some fire trucks too.

Even off of the highway were several more cop cars.

I was really curious as to what happened, but I didn't remember to check until now.

This happened:

tankercrash.jpg
    A gas tanker truck crashed, burst open, and erupted into flames on Route 128 South in Needham early this morning, but the driver escaped with only minor injuries, state police said.

Kevin Power, 59, of Watertown swerved his tanker to the right in an attempt to avoid hitting a large piece of metal road debris, state police said in a statement. Power lost control of his 2001 Peterbilt tractor and struck the guardrail on the right side of the road. The tanker-trailer attached to the tractor overturned, and the 11,500 gallons of gasoline inside ignited, engulfing the vehicle in flames.

Power was able to free himself from the tractor after the accident, which happened at about 5:40 a.m. He was transported by ambulance to Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center in Boston with minor injuries, State Police said. No one else was reported injured.

The southbound side of the highway was closed for about two hours between Route 9 and Great Plain Avenue, while state police and police and fire units from Needham, Newton, Wellesley, and Dedham fought the fire, investigated the crash and removed the vehicle. All lanes are now open, state police said.

Beth Pullman, a Needham woman who lives near the highway, said she heard the crash.

"I was just getting ready to go out for a walk. It was an incredible explosion, very frightening," said Pullman, a 50-year-old teacher, who snapped a picture of the aftermath from a highway overpass.

In March, the driver of a gasoline tanker was killed in Chicopee after he swerved trying to avoid a car accident and the tanker detached from its tractor, exploding into flames. In December in Everett, a tanker truck sped through a traffic circle and rolled over, spilling 9,400 gallons of burning gasoline into a residential neighborhood and causing serious property damage.

Holy fucking shit.
    The number of people injured and killed in this country because rednecks can't be bothered to properly tie down things in the back of their pickup trucks is ridiculous.

Thanatos on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Holy crap

Needham's like 5 miles from where my parents live

Casual Eddy on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Holy crap

Zomg, I live like 5 miles from Needham
    I am your parents

Shazkar Shadowstorm on
    poo
  • Options
    MedopineMedopine __BANNED USERS regular
    edited July 2008
    "a piece of metal road debris" is necessarily something that wasn't tied down in a redneck's pickup truck eh?

Medopine on
  • Options
    DeShadowCDeShadowC Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Obviously you haven't lived in a really rednecky area

DeShadowC on
  • Options
    AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    DeShadowC wrote: »
    North-East isn't really redneck-land, now is it?

Aldo on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Depends if its in the hills. I'm just saying as a southerner you'd be amazed on what people will stick in their trucks.

DeShadowC on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Well Than's statement in relation to that particular article makes a big leap

As a general statement I guess it's alright

I mean it might have been easier to just say "I hate rednecks"

Medopine on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Aldo wrote: »

I wouldn't quite say Needham with a median income of $88,079 is redneck land.

However, rednecks could easily drive through that area.

Shazkar Shadowstorm on
    poo
  • Options
    AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    edited July 2008

Driving through your area, throwing metal to make your trucks explode, all in the attempt to pull down the median income to their level. Jealous bunch, them.

Aldo on
  • Options
    IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Pretty much anyone moving anything is subject to being a stupid fuck about tying stuff down.

Except experienced truckers who actually know their jobs.

Trucker knots are freaking great.

--

On an unrelated note, I think, while I still have this drain I won't have to worry about if it clogs in the next month or so, I shall embrace the Shave Everywhere philosophy for the summer.

Mostly because tight t-shirts and chest hair really do not mix.

Incenjucar on
  • Options
    edited July 2008

Driving through your area, throwing metal to make your trucks explode, all in the attempt to pull down the median income to their level. Jealous bunch, them.

Is it sad I could see someone following that train of thought.

DeShadowC on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Holy crap

Zomg, I live like 5 miles from Needham
    I am your parents

upper newton falls!

Casual Eddy on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Medopine wrote: »
    "a piece of metal road debris" is necessarily something that wasn't tied down in a redneck's pickup truck eh?
    Statistically speaking? Yeah. I'd put $10 to your $5 that it was.

Thanatos on
  • Options
    DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited July 2008

Most likely those stupid fucking corrupt cops were responsible for the whole thing.

Dynagrip on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Dynagrip wrote: »

Most likely those stupid fucking corrupt cops were responsible for the whole thing.

A+

I'll take that bet Than

Medopine on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Dynagrip wrote: »

A+

I'll take that bet Than
    I was speaking facetiously.

Thanatos on
  • Options
    tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    MISS PINE, SHOULDN'T YOU BE BURIED IN YOUR BOOKS

tyrannus on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Rentilius wrote: »
    MISS PINE, SHOULDN'T YOU BE BURIED IN YOUR BOOKS

I did 100 questions this morning, I am on my lunch break FAGMO

Medopine on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Shouldn't you have taken that godforsaken test by now, Medo?

Thanatos on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    So is Medo now to books as Scrooge McDuck is to money?

Medo do you have a book bin? Do you covet your precious Number One Pamphlet?

Incenjucar on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Thanatos wrote: »
    Shouldn't you have taken that godforsaken test by now, Medo?

Yes but unfortunately I haven't yet.

I am not like Scrooge McDuck because all these books do is break my back and they're on loan anyway (lose $250 if I don't give them back to Bar/Bri to "recycle")

Medopine on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    I've never been to the movies alone.

I was thinking about going today, but I don't know...

I could wait and maybe see it with people, but I want entertainment now.

Going alone... hmm...

Shazkar Shadowstorm on
    poo
  • Options
    edited July 2008

Going alone... hmm...
    I've been to movies alone from time to time. It's ok. I mean, once the lights are out and the movie starts, it makes no difference anyway.

Richy on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Medo: You should be like Scrooge McDuck though because he's awesome.

--

Shaz: Dude, go to the movies. Doing things on your own is a pretty healthy experience to get under your belt.

Incenjucar on
  • Options
    edited July 2008

Going alone... hmm...

if you live in upper newton falls or near you are indeed my parents. We could get a sandwich at that badass sandwich place.

oh and seeing a movie alone is okay. It's better with someone else but I rate it above eating alone.

Casual Eddy on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Going and doing things on your own gives you some degree of power down the road for situations when you're just unable to get ahold of company. When I was a little kid I was pretty well terrified of like going to a restaurant or something alone.

But man I'd have an even more boring life if I didn't learn to go it alone.

Incenjucar on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    My problem with going to movies (or stuff generally) alone isn't so much boredom or fear of loneliness or anything, it's procrastination. If I have friends going I'll go with them, but if I'm alone I'll just keep pushing it to later and later until it's too late.

Yes, I procrastinate too much to go see a movie in the theater. That's how good a procrastinator I am.

Richy on
    sig.gif
This discussion has been closed.