As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Wii] Core Games AOC - After October Conference - Games? GAMES!! [56k GTFO]

• Options
    MikeRyuMikeRyu Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    LewieP wrote: »
    I interviewed the creator of The Unfinished Swan, its being made on XNA and he is currently looking at the Xbox community games, but is undecided.

Interview will be up in a bit.

Seems a bit of a shame not to develop it with pointer controls.

MikeRyu on
    Ranmasig5.png
  • Options
    SilentCoconutSilentCoconut Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    ArcSyn wrote: »
    Anyone played or seen good footage of the 007 QoS game for Wii? Wii is the only version that has local multiplay (from what I've read anyway) and I was thinking of picking it up.

The first batch of screenshots released looked atrocious, and the game isn't getting very good reviews. I'd wait for Call of Duty 5, with has split screen multiplayer, single person online play and even a sort of co-op mode (extra players only get to shoot, like a lightgun game) for the campaign.

SilentCoconut on
  • Options
    LunkerLunker Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    JihadJesus wrote: »
    Guek wrote: »
    you guys should check out the title screen for deadly creatures. Seriously not for the squeamish.
    This is sure to result in either my wife having a heart attack or me getting kneed in the balls. Possibly both.

God, I hate spiders. D: Reminds me of that goddamned clock spider:
    clockspider.jpg
    clockspider3.jpg

Lunker on
    Tweet my Face: @heyitslunker | Save money at CheapAssGamer (not an affiliate link)
  • Options
    pslong9pslong9 Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Lunker wrote: »

I should NOT have clicked on that second spoiler. Yikes.

pslong9 on
    steam_sig.png

3DS FC: 0817-3759-2788
  • Options
    BigKevBigKev Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Holy fuck that thing is huge.

Also, Deadly Creatures looks great, and i continue to wait for a game to do split screen fps well on the Wii. Hopefully CoD5 is that game.

BigKev on
    Steam ID : BigKev87
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Meh, scariest spider is the Funnelweb.

Fencingsax on
  • Options
    ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    you guys should check out the title screen for deadly creatures. Seriously not for the squeamish.
    This is sure to result in either my wife having a heart attack or me getting kneed in the balls. Possibly both.

clockspider.jpg
    clockspider3.jpg

See, when you see legs like that poking out from something like a clock, you sacrifice the clock to sledge (or some other large instrument) the thing without having to see it or risk it running away while you remove the clock. Just squish it first, ask questions later.

ArcSyn on
    4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    ArcSyn wrote: »

clockspider.jpg
    clockspider3.jpg

See, when you see legs like that poking out from something like a clock, you sacrifice the clock to sledge (or some other large instrument) the thing without having to see it or risk it running away while you remove the clock. Just squish it first, ask questions later.

I would.

Xaquin on
  • Options
    RainbowDespairRainbowDespair Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    I'm getting bad memories of my time in Taiwan. I enjoyed my time there, but man, the less said about Banana spiders the better.

RainbowDespair on
  • Options
    DarianDarian Yellow Wizard The PitRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Aren't there some games we should be taling about? Target is offering all their Wii games as buy 2 get 1 free this week; what is coming out/has come out since the Toys R Us sale?

Darian on
  • Options
    GuekGuek Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    the next must have purchase for the wii is definitely deadly creatures...

but Call of Duty, Mushroom Men, Tales of Symphonia, and Skate It all come out in the next two weeks.

Other than that, there's De Blob, which is already out, and Monster Lab, which comes out today. Not so sure about Monster Lab, but we should be getting reviews soon.

Deadly Creatures is in December and Animal Crossing is on the 16th

Guek on
  • Options
    LunkerLunker Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Sam & Max Season 1! It's only $30, so it's not great to pair with new Wii purchases, but it's great. I'm not sure if Target is carrying the game, though. :( And I really want to try De Blob, but no one on Goozex sees fit to give it to me.

Lunker on
    Tweet my Face: @heyitslunker | Save money at CheapAssGamer (not an affiliate link)
  • Options
    maximumzeromaximumzero I...wait, what? New Orleans, LARegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    the next must have purchase for the wii is definitely deadly creatures...

but Call of Duty, Mushroom Men, Tales of Symphonia, and Skate It all come out in the next two weeks.

Other than that, there's De Blob, which is already out, and Monster Lab, which comes out today. Not so sure about Monster Lab, but we should be getting reviews soon.

Deadly Creatures is in December and Animal Crossing is on the 16th

Don't forget about Sonic Unleashed.

That and Animal Crossing are my two November videogame purchases.

maximumzero on
    FU7kFbw.png
    Switch: 6200-8149-0919 / Wii U: maximumzero / 3DS: 0860-3352-3335 / eBay Shop
  • Options
    MiserableMirthMiserableMirth Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    carmofin wrote: »
    darunia106 wrote: »
    carmofin wrote: »
    So this is pretty cool I thought: The Unfinished Swan.
    not wii though

Quoted from right below the video:
    This tech demo for the upcoming Wii game The Unfinished Swan

Also, it looks equal parts uneasy and goofy.

yeah but look at the first comment.
    this game is for xbox360 and that kind of misinformation is what you get when you count on blogs ;)
    I got the link from another forum. It was just one big trail of lies. Still looks sweet.

MiserableMirth on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    more deadly creatures:

holy fuck the scorpion is brutal

Guek on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    more deadly creatures:

holy fuck the scorpion is brutal

I see this and all I can think of is that Japanese bug fight site.

ArcSyn on
    4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    Fig-DFig-D Tustin, CA, USRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Holy what the shit that was actually pretty brutal.

Fig-D on
    SteamID - Fig-D :: PSN - Fig-D
  • Options
    GraviijaGraviija Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    It's God of War with bugs.

And that's simply awesome.

Graviija on
  • Options
    METAzraeLMETAzraeL Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    wow, just, wow. At first the kinda slow pace of the fights bothered me, but it looks like they're making every hit important, which is rad. And man, the stinger down the throat...game is gonna be badass \m/

METAzraeL on

dream a little dream or you could live a little dream
    sleep forever if you wish to be a dreamer
  • Options
    MiserableMirthMiserableMirth Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    That battle system looks a little too QTE waggle to me. I hope the battle system turns out being deeper than what that video presented because playing the scorpion looks like it could the most satisfying experience in the world.

MiserableMirth on
  • Options
    XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Darian wrote: »
    Aren't there some games we should be taling about? Target is offering all their Wii games as buy 2 get 1 free this week; what is coming out/has come out since the Toys R Us sale?

Target (at least the two in my area) don't carry but about 15 Wii games. Circus Games, Brawl, Galaxy, Cooking Mama, Brain Training, and 10 games that end with 'Z'

I hope all targets don't do that =/

Xaquin on
  • Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    That battle system looks a little too QTE waggle to me. I hope the battle system turns out being deeper than what that video presented because playing the scorpion looks like it could the most satisfying experience in the world.

qte waggle can be very engrossing and satisfying. it was awesome in no more heroes and re4wii

DouglasDanger on
  • Options
    FalstaffFalstaff Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    See, I knew scorpions were sadistic fucks. These bugs have more personality than most Jason Statham roles.

Falstaff on
    Still verbing the adjective noun.
  • Options
    UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Oh my god, and the spider doing cooler web moves than spider man, all yanking itself back to the snake for another jab. :o

UncleSporky on
    Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • Options
    METAzraeLMETAzraeL Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    mushroom men that soon? has there been any real coverage of it?

METAzraeL on

dream a little dream or you could live a little dream
    sleep forever if you wish to be a dreamer
  • Options
    ZampanoZampano Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Oh man that was beautiful. Just at a glance, the fights look like they have a really satisfying rhythm to them, and I love the background music. I hope that's not just for the trailer, because the drums give it a natural, primal kind of feel to it.

Zampano on
    BrawlSig.gif
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Deadly Creatures would be one of those games where I would look at the box and think, "This just can't be good." Now that I can see video of it online and how it plays I can actually see that it seems quite awesome.

ArcSyn on
    4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    RamiRami Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    I really, really hope DC comes out good. If it turns out average or worse it will probably be my gaming disappointment of the year.

Rami on
    Steam / Xbox Live: WSDX NNID: W-S-D-X 3DS FC: 2637-9461-8549
    sig.gif
  • Options
    TechRatTechRat Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Xaquin wrote: »

Target (at least the two in my area) don't carry but about 15 Wii games. Circus Games, Brawl, Galaxy, Cooking Mama, Brain Training, and 10 games that end with 'Z'

Sadly, the Target by me is the same way. I was just there today hoping to cash in on the sale. Their space for Wii games is small to begin with, and with half of the rows filled with copies of Guitar Hero World Tour and games with the tagline "From the hit Disney Channel series!!!" it's downright pathetic. It makes me wonder if they pulled stock before the sale started.

TechRat on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    I got a decent haul. I picked up boom blocks and super paper mario, two games I've been wanting for awhile.
    I got wii music as my third choice, mainly because it was more or less free. The more I play it, the more I find myself enjoying it, though for a game that's labeled as super casual, it's incredibly difficult to do exactly what you want.

Guek on
  • Options
    OpiumOpium regular
    edited November 2008
    METAzraeL wrote: »
    mushroom men that soon? has there been any real coverage of it?
    Not soon at all. I feel like it has been in development for centuries. IGN has been covering it like forever.

Opium on
  • Options
    NorfairNorfair Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    TechRat wrote: »
    Xaquin wrote: »

Sadly, the Target by me is the same way. I was just there today hoping to cash in on the sale. Their space for Wii games is small to begin with, and with half of the rows filled with copies of Guitar Hero World Tour and games with the tagline "From the hit Disney Channel series!!!" it's downright pathetic. It makes me wonder if they pulled stock before the sale started.

They might just have sold out of the good stuff. The Targets near me do at least have Wario, de Blob, and Boom Blox, but they'd all sold out of said games, and all that's left are Petz, Spongebob, and Disney shovelware.

It also amuses me that they've already put the PS3 and 360 versions of Facebreaker on clearance, but that's OT.

On Deadly Creatures: I'm a serious arachnophobe, who's had to kill a gigantic wolf spider at least once (with a shovel, no less), and I still have nightmares about it. No way am I even going to THINK about this game. It might be great but I wouldn't be able to tell because I would be curled up in a fetal ball, whimpering, like a big ridiculous baby.

Norfair on
  • Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Yeah, Deadly Creatures gives me the heebie-jeebies. No way I am playing that, amazing controls or not.

DouglasDanger on
  • Options
    mekman 2mekman 2 a goober Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
  • Options
    Dr Mario KartDr Mario Kart Games Dealer Austin, TXRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Yeah, Deadly Creatures gives me the heebie-jeebies. No way I am playing that, amazing controls or not.
    I've been concerned about the consumer reaction along these lines.

Some people are actively going to avoid it based on the cover art alone.

Dr Mario Kart on
  • Options
    OpiumOpium regular
    edited November 2008
    IGN has new sceenshots up for Cursed Mountain. They look pretty interesting, especially the athmosphere.

Opium on
  • Options
    tsmvengytsmvengy Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    I've been concerned about the consumer reaction along these lines.

Some people are actively going to avoid it based on the cover art alone.

I'm not even squeamish about bugs but that whole video creeped the fuck out of me. I think I'll pass.

tsmvengy on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    slash000slash000 Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    mekman 2 wrote: »

Oh sweet deal, I gotta jump on that.

slash000 on
  • Options
    SaraLunaSaraLuna Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    I watched it up until the damn spider sunk its fangs into the lizard.
    at that point I said "oh, what the fuck!" out loud and quickly hit the back button on my mouse.

its cool that innovative games like that are getting made; but there's no way I'm playing as a fucking spider

SaraLuna on
  • Options
    GraviijaGraviija Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    It seems to be a rule that everyone on the internet must be afraid of spiders.

Except me, apparently.

Another rule - people that aren't afraid of spiders get to be smug about it.

I can't wait for that game.

Graviija on