As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Man I Hate It When...

• Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    An-D wrote: »
    I hate it when kids suck at putting together the shrine of the silver monkey. Its only *three* fucking pieces, for pete's sake! Only so much of that stupidity can be blamed on the pressure of being on TV.

God.

Reported for awesome.

TL DR on
  • Options
    CyvrosCyvros Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Church wrote: »
    People who go to concerts and then scream while the artist/band is performing.

You're supposed to be listening you fucking retards.
    Classical music is your friend. *nods vigourously* Although it sucks if someone shouts out something like "More Vivaldi!" halfway through a Bach piece.

Cyvros on
  • Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Man nobody does that

Annoying is when people skip out of the show early because the next piece on the program offends their precious little ears

The Bartok was the highlight of the show, you sons of bitches

Elendil on
  • Options
    Premier kakosPremier kakos Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited July 2008
    I once went to a Bach concert and someone screamed, I shit you not, "FREEBIRD!"

Premier kakos on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Somebody did that once. That person was pretty damned lucky that no one in the concert hall had a fork.

Cyvros on
  • Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Feral wrote: »
    MrMister wrote: »
    Bad arguments for eating meat.

Bad arguments for not eating meat.
    Bad arguments for just about anything, actually, even stuff I believe in.
    Hi5

Edit: Also, people who look at a piece of science fiction technology and then go on how x is dumb and not possible.

Quid on
  • Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    theSquid wrote: »
    I'm certainly not anti-feminist but I really dislike girls who use feminism as a scapegoat for behaving as sexist as they like. It ruins the credibility of feminism to everyone around them.

Yeah, people have really let the term feminism get trashed. Like, we were in class (college course, mind you) and the teacher was like. Now, someone who hates women is called a misogynist, what's someone who hates men called? A student raised his hand and said a feminist. Pretty much everyone agreed with them. I was face palming so hard. I was like, no, that's a misandrist. Feminists by definition believe in equality.

Though they could have picked a hell of a lot better name them Feminist if they were for equality. Like, I dunno, equalist or something.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    DocDoc Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited July 2008
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    Though they could have picked a hell of a lot better name them Feminist if they were for equality. Like, I dunno, equalist or something.

Early in the movement is was a pretty good name.

Doc on
  • Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Doc wrote: »
    Inquisitor wrote: »

Early in the movement is was a pretty good name.

Yeah, that's true, it was. They really good do with changing their name and re-inventing their image to the general public though these days.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    ChurchChurch Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Seriously. I would actually go to concerts if people didn't do that. Every time someone asks me if I want to go to one I say no because I know I won't actually be able to hear any of the music, and then they act confused as if they're wondering why I would want to hear music at a concert.

It's fucking stupid.

Church on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Go to a punk concert.

Quid on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Quid wrote: »
    Go to a punk concert.

Or metal.
    (I was there, it was epic)

Doc on
  • Options
    MrMisterMrMister Jesus dying on the cross in pain? Morally better than us. One has to go "all in".Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    MrMister wrote: »
    Bad arguments for eating meat.
    Bad arguments for not eating meat.
    Bad arguments for just about anything, actually, even stuff I believe in.

It's just one area where almost everyone agrees, and also, almost everyone has given the issue pathetically little thought. Furthermore, the arguments often take the form of "why should I have to care about something else?" Which steams my gizzard.

Not that I'm a hardcore in-your-face vegan; only recently have I actively tried to go veggie. Rather, I think it's a serious issue which people totally gloss over with lame bullshit.

MrMister on
  • Options
    KilroyKilroy timaeusTestified Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    I hate people who set up Scrabulous games and are all like "Ladies 18+ only. Must have MSN or AIM."

I mean really, you're trying to pick up women playing Scrabble?

Kilroy on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    I think one of the worst arguments for not eating meat I've heard would be "Because animals are cute." The minor reason for this is that, for one, I don't think cattle are especially cute (chickens, pigeons and pigs perhaps, but not cattle). But the main reason for thinking this is a crap argument is because there must be better reasons for not eating meat.

Cyvros on
  • Options
    GlaealGlaeal Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Cyvros wrote: »
    I think one of the worst arguments for not eating meat I've heard would be "Because animals are cute." This is highly subjective because, for one, I don't think cattle are especially cute (chickens, pigeons and pigs perhaps, but not cattle). But my main reason for thinking this is a crap argument is because there must be better reasons for not eating meat.

Have any of you ever eaten dog? How does it rate when compared to other meats?

Glaeal on
  • Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    I think one of the worst arguments for not eating meat I've heard would be "Because animals are cute." The minor reason for this is that, for one, I don't think cattle are especially cute (chickens, pigeons and pigs perhaps, but not cattle). But the main reason for thinking this is a crap argument is because there must be better reasons for not eating meat.

Also see "because looking at human (teeth/brains/genitalia) we were clearly intended to (eat/not eat) meat"

TL DR on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Glaeal wrote: »
    I haven't eaten dog. You know, because it's too cute. Every time you eat a dog, a puppy dies.

However, I can recommend pigeon.

Cyvros on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Also see "because looking at human (teeth/brains/genitalia) we were clearly intended to (eat/not eat) meat"
    I always love multiple choice arguments. But what's with "human genitalia"? This must be some new argument I've never heard of before, and I am intrigued.

Cyvros on
  • Options
    Premier kakosPremier kakos Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited July 2008
    I think one of the worst arguments for not eating meat I've heard would be "Because animals are cute." This is highly subjective because, for one, I don't think cattle are especially cute (chickens, pigeons and pigs perhaps, but not cattle). But my main reason for thinking this is a crap argument is because there must be better reasons for not eating meat.

It's really tough and kind of stringy and bland. I would not recommend eating dog unless you had to. Cat's are fairly similar. Predators in general just don't make very good food.

Premier kakos on
  • Options
    SliverSliver Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Thing 1:
    I hate girls who decide to show their interest in me by acting like royal bitch goddesses. I think the convoluted thought process goes something like this.

"Gee, he's cute and he's got a halfway decent sense of humor. How can I possibly get his attention? I know! I'll be a complete pain in the ass! My brilliant plan can't possibly fail!"

Thing 2:
    Also, I hate women who play the "lets you and him fight" game. I've had to cut loose one of my closest friends because she wanted to see me and her new boyfriend fight. I think I figured it out somewhere around the time we were talking and she said," I want to see you and My Boyfriend fight." And just so we're clear I'm not talking about a small scuffle or a friendly wrestling match. I mean a knock down drag out fist fight.

And because I'm an equal opportunity hater.

Thing 3:
    I hate guys who try to put me down to impress whatever skirt they're currently interested in, cock waving, pissing contests, and male posturing in general. I will gladly play your little game, and what's more I will absolutely beat you at it.

Thing 4:
    I hate White Knights who rush off to defend their damsel in distress because someone had the nerve to be mean over the internet. All it takes is one look at the girl in question to realize they're just as chauvinistic as the guys who think women should be back in the kitchen. Barefoot and pregnant.

Sliver on
  • Options
    GlaealGlaeal Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    It's really tough and kind of stringy and bland. I would not recommend eating dog unless you had to. Cat's are fairly similar. Predators in general just don't make very good food.

So there you go. If dogs and cats tasted better, you'd see stupid spoiled whores carrying around chickens in their purses.

Glaeal on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Sliver, I like the way your mind works. Granted, none of that's actually happened to me and possibly never will, but I like your list.
    So there you go. If dogs and cats tasted better, you'd see stupid spoiled whores carrying around chickens in their purses.
    Oh, great. Now I have to carry the mental image of a chihuahua chicken around all day.

Cyvros on
  • Options
    GR_ZombieGR_Zombie Krillin It Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    I hate it when kids suck at putting together the shrine of the silver monkey. Its only *three* fucking pieces, for pete's sake! Only so much of that stupidity can be blamed on the pressure of being on TV.

God.

You read Cracked, don't you?

GR_Zombie on
    04xkcuvaav19.png
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Sliver wrote: »
    Thing 3:
    I hate guys who try to put me down to impress whatever skirt they're currently interested in, cock waving, pissing contests, and male posturing in general. I will gladly play your little game, and what's more I will absolutely beat you at it.
    So... you encourage the behavior?
    Thing 4:
    I hate White Knights who rush off to defend their damsel in distress because someone had the nerve to be mean over the internet. All it takes is one look at the girl in question to realize they're just as chauvinistic as the guys who think women should be back in the kitchen. Barefoot and pregnant.
    Wait, I thought you were supposed to be talking about your peeve about men. How did this go from overly defensive guys to just how chauvinistic that girl is?

Quid on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Thing 3:
    Thing 4:
    Wait, I thought you were supposed to be talking about your peeve about men. How did this go from overly defensive guys to just how chauvinistic that girl is?

Blast, I think I dangled a participle or something.
    Thing 4:
    I hate White Knights who rush off to defend their damsel in distress because someone had the nerve to be mean over the internet. All it takes is one look at the girl in question to realize The guys trying to defend her are just as chauvinistic as the guys who think women should be back in the kitchen. Barefoot and pregnant.

Also. about the pissing contest thing. I'll be the first to admit the guys who do it are absolutely too stupid to learn from their mistakes but even a two year old can interpret the wounded looks on their face when I shut them down. Trust me, it is NOT a pleasant experience for them.

Sliver on
  • Options
    Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    When I grow up, I want to be cool like Sliver.

Hi I'm Vee! on
    vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Thing 3:

MAD is a pretty hilarious policy when that stuff happens. Horribly immature, but still pretty funny.

Doc on
  • Options
    DaxonDaxon Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    There's a regional practice in San Francisco where if you're on an escalator and you just want to stand, you stand on the right and leave a lane for people to walk on the left.

I'd never encountered this until moving here, and now when people don't do it, it annoys me.

This is universal. It annoys the hell out of me when people don't do it.

Daxon on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Doc wrote: »
    Thing 3:

MAD is a pretty hilarious policy when that stuff happens. Horribly immature, but still pretty funny.

When you put MAD in caps do you mean angry, or mutually assured destruction?

edit: Assuming the latter it's never gotten quite that ugly but I freely admit to being the kind of person that will cut off their nose to spite their face.

Sliver on
  • Options
    NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    edited July 2008

God.
    http://jpopp.com/myfakeleg/articles/legends-of-the-fucking-impossible.html

Nerdgasmic on
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Sliver: people who play games in relationships annoy me.

Although that can be filed in the "issues" category like I said a page or two ago.

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    TrusTrus Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    People who use terms like "reverse sexism" or "reverse racism"

No, you twat. It's just sexism or racism

Trus on
    qFN53.png
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Feral: True, but there are a couple distinctions that need to be made here. Having issues doesn't mean someone is going to play games. And I'll personally let issues slide if for no other reason that I've got them in spades and of the many things I can be accused of a hypocrite isn't going to be one of them. Also, there are plenty of games "sane" people play. I think Thing 1, 3, and the "Conceiving elaborate plans" I talked about on the third page would qualify depending on how you define the word "game".

Ok, here's the biggest thing I hate.

I can count the number of friends I have right now on a closed fist and every time I try and change that, they end up being the type of people I've been bitching about the last two pages.

Sliver on
  • Options
    HacksawHacksaw J. Duggan Esq. Wrestler at LawRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Nerdgasmic wrote: »

God.
    Awesome article.

Ah, nostalgia. How I love thee.

Hacksaw on
  • Options
    real_pochaccoreal_pochacco Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Hacksaw wrote: »

God.
    Awesome article.

Yeah I totally forgot about the Temple Guards, hoooly shit.

real_pochacco on
  • Options
    HacksawHacksaw J. Duggan Esq. Wrestler at LawRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Hacksaw wrote: »

God.
    Awesome article.

Yeah I totally forgot about the Temple Guards, hoooly shit.
    The first time I saw one of them jump out and snatched a kid I literally screamed like a bitch. Scared the fuck out of me.

Hacksaw on
  • Options
    tardcoretardcore Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    I hate people who have ugly feet and insist on wearing sandals or flip-fops everywhere in the summer time.

tardcore on
  • Options
    poshnialloposhniallo Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    tardcore wrote: »
    I hate people who have ugly feet and insist on wearing sandals or flip-fops everywhere in the summer time.

Yes, ugly people should stay indoors, or at least wear burkhas.

poshniallo on
    I figure I could take a bear.
  • Options
    poshnialloposhniallo Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Like I was saying in H&A the other day, I hate it when I hate stuff. Hate is such a rubbish emotion.

poshniallo on
    I figure I could take a bear.
This discussion has been closed.