As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

To [chat] or Barbados

• Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Apothe0sis wrote: »
    Memento, the movie by Christopher Nolan way back.

I need to borrow from a friend after we watched it. We're kinda conflicting on our conclusions but he's not really the debating type.

What conclusions are those?

He thinks that
    It happens as stated by Teddy, Sammy is Lenny. I was thinking that can't be true, because Lenny should remember in detail about his wife's diabetes, including remembering about insulin shots. There was also the detailed dialogue between Lenny and Sammy's wife, which is pretty much a part of the intact pieces of memory Lenny has.

Unless Lenny has conditioned himself to make those memories, but that would be too hard.

As I am typing this I managed to confuse myself further.

he is right. you're told what the situation is accurately, within the film.

Variable on
    BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    gundam470gundam470 Drunk Gorilla CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    WHAT IS WRONG WITH THIS FORUM SOMETIMES

FFFFFF
    I'm not surprised by the complete ignorance that stumbles into our woods from time to time.

gundam470 on
    gorillaSig.jpg
  • Options
    GreeperGreeper Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Variable wrote: »
    when threads like that pop up, and they have been a lot lately, I just find myself hoping that by about the 8th page someone will say something silly enough to change the topic to something that's actually interesting. until it gets to that point it feels like a bunch of people waiting for someone to be an idiot.

I COULD BE THAT IDIOT!

Nah, I'm already jailed.

Better just leave well enough alone.

Greeper on
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] regular
    edited August 2008
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

[Deleted User] on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    gundam470 wrote: »
    WHAT IS WRONG WITH THIS FORUM SOMETIMES

FFFFFF
    I'm not surprised by the complete ignorance that stumbles into our woods from time to time.
    No real people think that way I completely refuse to believe it

I had a freshman girl in an ethnic studies class I took this past year that said things exactly like this.

"People can always just move to a better place to live or get a better job." (Paraphrasing of course)

I could not believe what I would hear sometimes.

gundam470 on
    gorillaSig.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2008

[Deleted User] on
  • Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited August 2008
    Hey you guys do realize there are like... tens of millions of Americans who feel that way. It'd take a pretty gargantuan amount of cognitive dissonance to be shocked by it, I think, if you were raised in the Western world.

Organichu on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    goddamn it that article linked last page put me in a bad mood.

Variable on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Organichu wrote: »
    Hey you guys do realize there are like... tens of millions of Americans who feel that way. It'd take a pretty gargantuan amount of cognitive dissonance to be shocked by it, I think, if you were raised in the Western world.
    I know that, but I like to think that all that ignorance has centralized itself in our southern states, conveniently located in a place where a stray warhead can accidentally knock it off the earth one day. Not in a damn public university in the middle of southern california.

Plus I grew up dirt poor and my parents pick grapes for a living. Because they just don't want to get better jobs. Yeah fucking right.

That shit don't fly around me.

gundam470 on
    gorillaSig.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2008

The iPod on the grave thing? Yeah. I couldn't even finish reading.

Organichu on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    I know that, but I like to think that all that ignorance has centralized itself in our southern states, conveniently located in a place where a stray warhead can accidentally knock it off the earth one day. Not in a damn public university in the middle of southern california.

Plus I grew up dirt poor and my parents pick grapes for a living. Because they just don't want to get better jobs. Yeah fucking right.

The whole RP 'movement' in the past year or two I think showed just how many young males are still receptive to every man for himself ideas of morality and politics.

Organichu on
  • Options
    JamesJames Registered User regular
    edited August 2008

NO ONE IS SAFE!

James on
  • Options
    edited August 2008

[Deleted User] on
  • Options
    HacksawHacksaw J. Duggan Esq. Wrestler at LawRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008

The whole Ron Paul 'movement' in the past year or two I think showed just how many young males are still receptive to every man for himself ideas of morality and politics.
    Actually the Ron Paul "movement" just showed that a startling number of today's young males have extensive brain damage.

Hacksaw on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    motherfuck, I have been really wanting to play WoW and diablo 2 on and off, both of them. and I suppose I could, though I shouldn't spend the money really. but I think I'd rather play d2, even just to see it after all this time... but it costs more, because I have absolutely no idea where the discs are from ages ago. and either one I could play right now cause blizz sells d2 on their website. shit.

Variable on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Hacksaw wrote: »

The whole Ron Paul 'movement' in the past year or two I think showed just how many young males are still receptive to every man for himself ideas of morality and politics.
    Actually the Ron Paul "movement" just showed that a startling number of today's young males have extensive brain damage.

Well yes, we can call it what we'd like but the idea remains. A lot of young American men are repulsed by the ideas of community approaches to fixing problems. Every man for himself, fuck you I got mine, etc.

Organichu on
  • Options
    edited August 2008

Well yes, we can call it what we'd like but the idea remains. A lot of young American men are repulsed by the ideas of community approaches to fixing problems. Every man for himself, fuck you I got mine, etc.

Just another problem that could be fixed by the leaders of the world watching Naruto and then THREE-MAN CELLS.

Three man cells. It'd be genius. Rely on your teammates.

Then we make TWEWY required gaming for all kids

TRUST YOUR PARTNER.

Greeper on
  • Options
    edited August 2008

[Deleted User] on
  • Options
    HaphazardHaphazard Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Will you hold it against me if I say "habuuuuuurrrrrggggleeee"?
    Morning.

Haphazard on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Morning, Hap.

James on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Good Morning Haphazard.

Greeper on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    What's up, boys?

Haphazard on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Listening to Wolfmother's self-titled album for the first time.

Also I'm not feeling well and considering calling in sick today. Mojo is a prophet, or something.

James on
  • Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    ALL HAIL THE PROPHET.

Actually, I'm not feeling great myself, but I've got a follow up doctor's appointment for my weird zombie skin disease so I'll see what she things about my other problems today too. It's the slippery slope to becoming a girl though.

Mojo_Jojo on
    Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Options
    TehSpectreTehSpectre Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Haphazard wrote: »
    What's up, boys?

Being psyched that a theater nearby is actually getting Midnight Meat Train.

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Prophet of Nurgle or what?
    I see we have movie awareness thread by Gim! Yay, Gim!
    Anyway, I don't care what ohters say, I like the Wolfmother album you're currently listening to, James.

Edit: Kitamura? Mwahahahaha!

Haphazard on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    I just had a weird moment.

I was thinking about a particular moment in some fiction where the main character, who's a lazy and ill-mannered teenager is home alone and somehow his sometimes paranoid and often disappointed mother believes him to be in some danger. Upon finally arriving to see he's fine, she embraces him, near the point of tears, repeating "It doesn't matter. It doesn't matter." His own safety paramount in her concerns. But as time wore on, the effect of that moment was diluted by her apparent return to her old ways and his own apathy.

When I tried to remember what that was from, I realized with a start that it wasn't a fictional event, but one of those strange moments from my own life.

Talk about inability to distinguish fact and fantasy.

Greeper on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Haphazard wrote: »
    Anyway, I don't care what ohters say, I like the Wolfmother album you're currently listening to, James.

I'm on track 3, it is not bad so far.

James on
  • Options
    TehSpectreTehSpectre Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    What, you don't like Kitamura?

I mean, he isn't an amazing director, but he isn't horrible. Versus was a very enjoyable movie.

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited August 2008
    I'm glad someone is getting an enjoyment out of NCAA 09's lack of working AI

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Elki wrote: »
    I'm glad someone is getting an enjoyment out of NCAA 09's lack of working AI

That had me in stitches.

Greeper on
  • Options
    HacksawHacksaw J. Duggan Esq. Wrestler at LawRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Greeper wrote: »

I was thinking about a particular moment in some fiction where the main character, who's a lazy and ill-mannered teenager is home alone and somehow his sometimes paranoid and often disappointed mother believes him to be in some danger. Upon finally arriving to see he's fine, she embraces him, near the point of tears, repeating "It doesn't matter. It doesn't matter." His own safety paramount in her concerns. But as time wore on, the effect of that moment was diluted by her apparent return to her old ways and his own apathy.

When I tried to remember what that was from, I realized with a start that it wasn't a fictional event, but one of those strange moments from my own life.

Talk about going through the looking glass and looping back around to the other side.

Hacksaw on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    TehSpectre wrote: »
    What, you don't like Kitamura?

I mean, he isn't an amazing director, but he isn't horrible. Versus was a very enjoyable movie.

Yes, I laughed my ass off together with a hundred other people. Saw it on a fantasy and horror festival a few years ago and I've yet to see a Kitamura film I can take seriously.

Edit: Elki, how's the Madden demo?

Haphazard on
  • Options
    edited August 2008

Talk about going through the looking glass and looping back around to the other side.

That had me in stitches.

edit:relativistic speeds was better.

gundam470 on
    gorillaSig.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    I'm just not sleeping enough is the problem.

Everything seems distorted, loopy.

Hacksaw even looks mildly attractive, which is of course absurd.

Greeper on
  • Options
    edited August 2008

But he has a giant dick.

gundam470 on
    gorillaSig.jpg
  • Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited August 2008
    Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2008

But he has a giant dick.

True enough, but I'm a rather thin fellow.

If he took me from behind I'm rather afraid he'd SNAP ME IN TWO.

Greeper on
  • Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    we consider a scenario in which two inertial participants communicate via a noiseless, bosonic, dual-rail qubit channel in the presence of a uniformly accelerated eavesdropper.
    Man, some papers are just nonsense.

Mojo_Jojo on
    Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Elki wrote: »

Mhh, I'll definitely sit this one out.

Haphazard on
This discussion has been closed.