As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Thanks Tycho

TrainwreckXTrainwreckX Registered User regular
edited September 2008 in PAX Archive
I was the guy walking around the exhibition hall with you right before your second Q&A. You were so very polite, approachable, and fun to talk to. You had some interesting insight on Guitar Hero and Rock Band. Thanks for taking 10 minutes to walk around and chat, it was definitely one of the highlights of my weekend.

TrainwreckX on

• Options
    BelruelBelruel NARUTO FUCKS Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    they don't read the forums, best way to talk to them is through their emails

Belruel on
    vmn6rftb232b.png
  • Options
    OfficerOfficer Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Or walk into their homes at night, and wake them up in bed. They love that shit.

Officer on
  • Options
    NotASenatorNotASenator Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Or ask them about their anxiety meds when they are on stage in front of thousands of people. That's a real winner right there.

NotASenator on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Hrmmmm, I've seen Gabe post several times. But ok, I guess I'll email him...?

TrainwreckX on
  • Options
    PbPb Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    NotACrook wrote: »
    Or ask them about their anxiety meds when they are on stage in front of thousands of people. That's a real winner right there.

That was the best part of the whole Q/A, but it actually did elicit a response that might inspire some people, so at least it's not who would win between Godzilla and whatever like that one cunt queefed on the mic.

Pb on
  • Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Gabe posts very rarely

I've never seen Tycho post, and I kind of wish he would

Centipede Damascus on
  • Options
    MeissnerdMeissnerd Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Pb wrote: »

That was the best part of the whole Q/A, but it actually did elicit a response that might inspire some people, so at least it's not who would win between Godzilla and whatever like that one cunt queefed on the mic.

As a dude with anxiety I want to know what he said

Meissnerd on
  • Options
    edited September 2008

It ended up being a great answer, but man did he look uncomfortable summoning up the will to give it.

NotASenator on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Meissnerd wrote: »

As a dude with anxiety I want to know what he said

He said taking the pills has pretty much changed his life, so grab your Mentats and go to town.

Pb on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    It ended up being a great answer, but man did he look uncomfortable summoning up the will to give it.
    Oh hell yeah. After that 10 second silence I had no idea what to expect.

Pb on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    I saw that same deer in headlights look when I accosted him on the street Monday night to introduce myself to him (I'm kind of a big deal)

Luckily, he had a drunk Kurtz to chase after.

NotASenator on
  • Options
    dyaballikldyaballikl PAX Main Theatre House & Security Manager • PAX Community Cartographer Gold Coast QLD AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    posts by gabe: 386
    posts by tycho: 7.
    also worth note that gabe was the 31st member of the forums, while tycho was the 5th. and khoo has 1,996 posts and was member #225.

dyaballikl on
    a.k.a. dya
    "Riding a mongoose reminds me of having sex with a man, which is something I do frequently because I am gay!" -Gabe
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    dyaballikl wrote: »
    also worth note that gabe was the 31st member of the forums, while tycho was the 5th. and khoo has 1,996 posts and was member #225.

Also of note is that all of Tycho's posts have been pruned off of the forums.

Anyway, I'll email him. By the way, they both take anxiety meds for fear of flight on airplanes as well. I flew back from E3 with them one year.

I have really bad anxiety, but I don't take anything for it. I probably should I guess...

TrainwreckX on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    sometimes I wake up in the middle of the night, bathed in sweat and convinced that they are rebooting the Matrix series, but I don't think I really need medication for that.

NotASenator on
  • Options
    babelfishbabelfish Registered User regular
    edited September 2008

Also of note is that all of Tycho's posts have been pruned off of the forums.

Anyway, I'll email him. By the way, they both take anxiety meds for fear of flight on airplanes as well. I flew back from E3 with them one year.

I have really bad anxiety, but I don't take anything for it. I probably should I guess...

As do I. PAX is a lot of fun, but unless I've got a friend to tag along with, I just sort of passively take everything in, rather than actively participating.

Problem is, I'm also scared to death of swallowing pills. My throat tightens when they even go into my mouth. (On bad days, I can't even swallow drinks without swishing them around in my mouth a bit.)

:(

babelfish on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    I get the tightening throat thing too man. It happens to me a couple times a month when I get really anxious about something. And I also am not able to swallow drinks at that point.

TrainwreckX on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    I typically don't get the throat-tightening except for swallowing things.

I do get ill. It's been a lot worse the past few months, after graduating from school, with the stress of a "real" job search. PAX was my first trip out of the house with other people in two months, no joke. The only other times I've left the house have been to grocery shop and work.

LIQUID ANXIETY MEDICINE, PLZ

babelfish on
  • Options
    teopehtteopeht Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    i dont know if its possible but my friend had problems swallowing pills and she would either crush it into a powder and consume it with water or if it was a gel cap she'd cut it open and put it into a table spoon etc.

teopeht on
    Ravenclaw fo lyfe.
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    babelfish wrote: »
    I typically don't get the throat-tightening except for swallowing things.

I do get ill. It's been a lot worse the past few months, after graduating from school, with the stress of a "real" job search. PAX was my first trip out of the house with other people in two months, no joke. The only other times I've left the house have been to grocery shop and work.

LIQUID ANXIETY MEDICINE, PLZ

Edited out.

TrainwreckX on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    teopeht wrote: »
    i dont know if its possible but my friend had problems swallowing pills and she would either crush it into a powder and consume it with water or if it was a gel cap she'd cut it open and put it into a table spoon etc.

Some pills don't like that. I can take crushed pills, though, they just taste AWFUL. If you've never had a crushed pill, you have no idea how awful they truly taste. (And if I'm already experiencing anxiety-induced nausea, MY GOD, NOTHING COULD POSSIBLY BE WORSE.)

babelfish on
  • Options
    ASimPersonASimPerson Cold... and hard.Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Oh hell yeah. After that 10 second silence I had no idea what to expect.

While that was going on I thought of this comic: http://www.penny-arcade.com/images/2005/20050907h.jpg

But yeah, that response was one part of what made Sunday's panel at least somewhat decent. Friday's was awful.

ASimPerson on
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    teopeht wrote: »

Some pills are meant to break down in your system gradually, and grinding them into powder or taking them out of the gel cap would change the rate of dosage.

DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    LewieP's MummyLewieP's Mummy Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Put them into a spoonful of icecream, they slip down a treat. Don't crush them, they taste disgusting, and the time-release capsule ones won't work as well.

LewieP's Mummy on
    For all the top UK Gaming Bargains, check out SavyGamer

For paintings in progress, check out canvas and paints

"The power of the weirdness compels me."
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Put them into a spoonful of icecream, they slip down a treat. Don't crush them, they taste disgusting, and the time-release capsule ones won't work as well.

Alternatively: applesauce

NotASenator on
  • Options
    apotheosapotheos Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited September 2008

Jesus stalker much.

apotheos on

猿も木から落ちる
  • Options
    Cynd3rCynCynd3rCyn Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Anxiety medication is awesome. I just started taking Xanax and Paxil this year and boy do I feel like I can actually fucking function. :)

Cynd3rCyn on
  • Options
    SamyelSamyel Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Take heart, oh ye of anxiety disorders. In many, many cases these things just get better, gradually, on their own. I have an anxiety disorder myself, and I'm a student in a mental health program, so I'll vouch for the fact that even if you think you're never going to get better, there's hope.

In the meantime, though, for some of us taking meds are like other people wearing glasses--it's just silly to keep bumping into things. Do talk to your doctor about the swallowing problem, though. There might be a sublingual option.

Samyel on
    "It is inhumane, in my opinion, to force people who have a genuine medical need for coffee to wait in line behind people who apparently view it as some kind of recreational activity."
This discussion has been closed.