As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Oh god, I just want to bite it. [NSF56k]

• Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Defender wrote: »
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    Druhim wrote: »
    no, I was pretty fucking specifically saying that the seeds are not difficult at all to chew or digest so I have to wonder if you're gumming your food

how was that not explicit enough for you?

He's a chef, apparently.

Which is odd because I talked to a guy who was a for-real chef, trained in Paris and all that, and apparently that's not a title that you get to give yourself while you're still in school. Like there's some measure of actual accomplishment in the business that you need before that title fits.

theres no cut and dry method of measuring chef or not, the closest is an acf certification and what "feels" right

and I'm a culinary student who has worked at the industry and attends the cordon bleu

how about this, I far closer to a chef than you or dru will be

Oh well in that case I'm John Carmack and Hideo Kojima and Shigeru Miyamoto all rolled into one. I'm also a grandmaster ninja.

Shit, that would be like me saying I'm a master programmer when I'm in college and have a few internships behind me.

no, but I'm pretyt sure you are in fact a programmer

but man, you should post in d&d more

they love strawmans of that magnitude too

PiptheFair on
  • Options
    DruhimDruhim Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited September 2008
    are your teeth so sensitive because you're such an advanced chef?

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    OrikaeshigitaeOrikaeshigitae Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited September 2008
    i had some more camembert and baguette today, that shit is awesome but i think i'm done eating cheese for a while

i always start feeling like a member of the british nobility when i eat a lot of cheese

Orikaeshigitae on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    i had some more camembert and baguette today, that shit is awesome but i think i'm done eating cheese for a while

i always start feeling like a member of the british nobility when i eat a lot of cheese

you should probably marry your sister then

PiptheFair on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    is that meant to be a burn?

Orikaeshigitae on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    is she hot?

PiptheFair on
  • Options
    DefenderDefender Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    no, I was pretty fucking specifically saying that the seeds are not difficult at all to chew or digest so I have to wonder if you're gumming your food

He's a chef, apparently.

Which is odd because I talked to a guy who was a for-real chef, trained in Paris and all that, and apparently that's not a title that you get to give yourself while you're still in school. Like there's some measure of actual accomplishment in the business that you need before that title fits.

theres no cut and dry method of measuring chef or not, the closest is an acf certification and what "feels" right

and I'm a culinary student who has worked at the industry and attends the cordon bleu

Oh well in that case I'm John Carmack and Hideo Kojima and Shigeru Miyamoto all rolled into one. I'm also a grandmaster ninja.

Shit, that would be like me saying I'm a master programmer when I'm in college and have a few internships behind me.

Yeah, the difference is that I didn't go handing myself titles like "senior software engineer" when I was still in school.

Defender on
  • Options
    edited September 2008

He's a chef, apparently.

Yeah, the difference is that I didn't go handing myself titles like "senior software engineer" when I was still in school.

chef is a broad all-encompassing term

but you keep arguing, I'm done with your banal shit

PiptheFair on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Oh, OK, so you're the type of chef who is better described as "cook-in-training," but you figured that "chef" sounded more like it had some authority behind it. I get it.

Defender on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    how come every thread i go into today has a bullshit argument in it

i want to shoot the shit with people, not want to shoot people

Orikaeshigitae on
  • Options
    NogsNogs Crap, crap, mega crap. Crap, crap, mega crap.Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    let talk about a different type of food!

bunt cake!
    IMG_2015.jpg
    IMG_2019.jpg

Nogs on
    rotate.jpg
    PARKER, YOU'RE FIRED! <-- My comic book podcast! Satan look here!
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    more like... butt cake...

heh..

Orikaeshigitae on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    looks good nogs

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    horrible flashbacks from big fat greek wedding

shut up it's funny

PiptheFair on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    horrible flashbacks from big fat greek wedding

shut up it's funny

swear I'm not gay

PiptheFair on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    or how about these little guys
    IMG_2320.jpg
    IMG_2321.jpg

Nogs on
    rotate.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    personally not a big fan of those

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Man I love those things

they're terrible and have no nutritional value

but damn I find them tasty as hell

Moriveth on
  • Options
    JohnnyCacheJohnnyCache Starting Defense Place at the tableRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    man tomato seeds are full of Xenomorph blood

they are so acidic that no culture would make you know whole sauces out of them or nothing

maybe italians are made from acid resistive polymers.

JohnnyCache on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    I can't really explain my dislike of tomatoes. I don't know why, I just don't find them tasty unless they're in a sauce.

Moriveth on
  • Options
    FandyienFandyien But Otto, what about us? Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Moriveth wrote: »
    I can't really explain my dislike of tomatoes. I don't know why, I just don't find them tasty unless they're in a sauce.

Me neither, I can't handle them

Also I thought that said blunt cake and I was like "Oh shit I gotta get me one of those"

Fandyien on
    reposig.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    I want to say it's the texture, but that doesn't make sense.

Moriveth on
  • Options
    ascotascot Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I can't stand eating tomato. Like on it's own in a sald or in a sandwich.
    Totally fine with it in a sauce form or even the taste in other stuff.

ascot on
  • Options
    cheshirecheshire Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    You guys are making me want to bake something even though I spent most of yesterday cooking and preparing food.

Maybe I will make cupcakes or cookies.

cheshire on
    She was never meant to be a common creature
    Extraordinary takes time
  • Options
    IskanderIskander Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I made caramelized ham and plums this evening

Fuck yes it tasted so great. I should have taken pictures.

Iskander on
  • Options
    StaleStale Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Today I simmered bratwurst in beer seasoned with onion, salt, pepper, and garlic, then crisped them on the grill.

Yesterday I took ground sirloin, added egg, mustard, garlic, salt and pepper, and ground hanbero and made awesome burgers topped with Muenster.

Stale on
    easysig2.jpg
  • Options
    JohnnyCacheJohnnyCache Starting Defense Place at the tableRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008

He's a chef, apparently.

If i was jay or silent bob and I had millions to spend just goin places, beatin up people from the internet, people who don't know what a strawman is but talk about it all the time would at least get a purple nurple.

JohnnyCache on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Stale wrote: »
    Today I simmered bratwurst in beer seasoned with onion, salt, pepper, and garlic, then crisped them on the grill.

Yesterday I took ground sirloin, added egg, mustard, garlic, salt and pepper, and ground hanbero and made awesome burgers topped with Muenster.

I don't get people that just toss their brats straight on the grill
    they taste so much better even if you just simmer them in beer first

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    Muse Among MenMuse Among Men Suburban Bunny Princess? Its time for a new shtick Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I as well, am no fan of tomato that hasn't been pureed or turned into a delicious sauce. It is a thoroughly useful and necessary ingredient, but I dislike having to bite the darn thing. Even worse, large chunks and slices of tomato are ever present in Mexican cooking. They are often sliced and arranged over food, and it is very common to find people sprinkling salt over them and eating them. As much as I like Mexican food, many Mexicans have a tendency to roughly chop foods and cook them that way. Especially in soups. You shouldn't need to slice up a potato or carrot with your spoon if it is a soup you are eating, you shouldnt have to pry a piece of meat past the liquid's brim so you can grab it and eat it with your hands. I'm like the chinese, as in when I get the food I want all the ingredients sliced into a sizes you can grab with a fork or spoon. The exception being steaks and large slices of chicken breast.

Muse Among Men on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Oh man I love the big slices of tomato in Mexican food. I haven't had much Mexican soup, though.

Defender on
  • Options
    I Win SwordfightsI Win Swordfights all the traits of greatness starlight at my feetRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I as well, am no fan of tomato that hasn't been pureed or turned into a delicious sauce. It is a thoroughly useful and necessary ingredient, but I dislike having to bite the darn thing. Even worse, large chunks and slices of tomato are ever present in Mexican cooking. They are often sliced and arranged over food, and it is very common to find people sprinkling salt over them and eating them. As much as I like Mexican food, many Mexicans have a tendency to roughly chop foods and cook them that way. Especially in soups. You shouldn't need to slice up a potato or carrot with your spoon if it is a soup you are eating, you shouldnt have to pry a piece of meat past the liquid's brim so you can grab it and eat it with your hands. I'm like the chinese, as in when I get the food I want all the ingredients sliced into a sizes you can grab with a fork or spoon. The exception being steaks and large slices of chicken breast.

Oh god you're perfect. <3

I Win Swordfights on
    lfYVHTd.png
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    all the grub for a damn fine movie night
    IMG_0582.jpg

Nogs on
    rotate.jpg
  • Options
    Lucky CynicLucky Cynic Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Nothing like a bottle of wine and some famous dave's barbeque sauce.

Lucky Cynic on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    damn straight

Nogs on
    rotate.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Nogs, do you make good money, or is that your parents' home? Either way, that looks good.

Defender on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Nogs, do you make good money, or is that your parents' home? Either way, that looks good.

haha, man, i am unemployed right now. just graduated from college, looking for a job.

and my parents are two states away.

I just worked during college to afford rent and stuff, right now I'm living off of savings.

Nogs on
    rotate.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Oh. Well your place looks nice.

Defender on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    yeah, that does look like a nice place

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    RaneadosRaneados police apologist you shouldn't have been there, obviouslyRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    geez look at mister "I own a house" over here

Raneados on
  • Options
    WhiteZinfandelWhiteZinfandel Your insides Let me show you themRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Funny how everyone gets waaaaay more bitchy in a thread about food than almost anywhere else.

WhiteZinfandel on