As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Brains On]Zombie Panic! Source: Now with exploding zombie heads.

• Options
    AsiinaAsiina ... WaterlooRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    I always seem to forget that FF is on, and when I spawn I hit the person closest to me with my melee weapon. Then they go "ow" and I remember and apologize.

But I honestly forget all the time.

Asiina on
  • Options
    Job_41:25Job_41:25 Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    The FF argument just boils down to the same old golden rule.

Don't be a dick.

If you act like one there will be repercussions. I'm not going to ban people that accidentally TK someone but if you're running around and blatantly causing grief then you'll get the ban hammer.

I agree that we can't afford banning people since we already have low server population but that will certainly not stop me from doing so if I feel it is warranted.

This is really nothing new people.

Job_41:25 on
  • Options
    PeregrineFalconPeregrineFalcon Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Job_41:25 wrote: »

Don't be a dick.

If you act like one there will be repercussions. I'm not going to ban people that accidentally TK someone but if you're running around and blatantly causing grief then you'll get the ban hammer.

I agree that we can't afford banning people since we already have low server population but that will certainly not stop me from doing so if I feel it is warranted.

Basically this entire post, in lime.

PeregrineFalcon on
    Looking for a DX:HR OnLive code for my kid brother.
    Can trade TF2 items or whatever else you're interested in. PM me.
  • Options
    ArminasArminas Student of Life SF, CARegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    MrDelish wrote: »
    or the dramatic nom

Like on biotec, I was with Arminas and someone else and starting groaning over the mic

me: "Guys guys get to the control room"
    (infected sign)
    me : (dammit) "Ooogh. Okay guys, someone go to the lab - you, Arminas, let's go"
    *follows*
    me: "Agh what is happening to mee Arminaaas grag garagaggaggagg"

nom nom ensued

I remember this and loved it!!

I heard you leading us from behind and then I hear you screaming and stuff as if you were under attack. I spin around and I see a zombie and then I start screaming and panicking. "oh oh goh goddd oh goddd. Mr. Delish got killed aaaahhhhH!H!!" only to realize that there was no body and that MrDelish was actually the zombie!

As for TKing, yeah, I mean, I wouldn't have blown someone else up just to cause them grief, it's kind of a situational thing I guess. Even the guys that I did get that night seemed to be laughing pretty hard, especially when they hunted me down to both eat me, and punish me later when we respawned. I totally deserved it. Though, I realize that in that one night, I did do it kind of a lot, I have since reformed! (I do feel really bad about the spawn TK, I'm sorry about that one :(. but not about blowing up mandalore especially after he hunted me down like a dog..twice. T__T)

but I'm all too fond of the ZPS grenades still...

Note: I think a punishment system would be appropriate. Like a slap or ignite or beacon retaliation. Or automatic slay for >2 TKs in a map. But yeah, Job's right about just not being a dick about the whole TK thing. it's certainly much more exciting in a firefight when you're not allowed to spray everything less you kill your teammates and I'd like to keep it on (at all times unless voted off)

Or is there a way to turn FF on after X seconds have passed in a round? ...hm, then again, if you die in the first few moments, you get to be a zombie which is still fun!

EDIT:
    God, I had a lot of typos

Arminas on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Arminas wrote: »
    MrDelish wrote: »
    or the dramatic nom

Like on biotec, I was with Arminas and someone else and starting groaning over the mic

me: "Guys guys get to the control room"
    (infected sign)
    me : (dammit) "Ooogh. Okay guys, someone go to the lab - you, Arminas, let's go"
    *follows*
    me: "Agh what is happening to mee Arminaaas grag garagaggaggagg"

nom nom ensued

I remember this and loved it!!

I heard you leading us from behind and then I hear you screaming and stuff as if you were under attack. I spin around and I see a zombie and then I start screaming and panicking. "oh oh goh goddd oh goddd. Mr. Delish got killed aaaahhhhH!H!!" only to realize that there was no body and that MrDelish was actually the zombie!

As for TKing, yeah, I mean, I wouldn't have blown someone else up just to cause them grief, it's kind of a situational thing I guess. Even the guys that I did get that night seemed to be laughing pretty hard, especially when they hunted me down to both eat me, and punish me later when we respawned. I totally deserved it. Though, I realize that in that one night, I did do it kind of a lot, I have since reformed! (I do feel really bad about the spawn TK, I'm sorry about that one :(. but not about blowing up mandalore especially after he hunted me down like a dog..twice. T__T)

but I'm all too fond of the ZPS grenades still...

Note: I think a punishment system would be appropriate. Like a slap or ignite or beacon retaliation. Or automatic slay for >2 TKs in a map. But yeah, Job's right about just not being a dick about the whole TK thing. it's certainly much more exciting in a firefight when you're not allowed to spray everything less you kill your teammates and I'd like to keep it on (at all times unless voted off)

Or is there a way to turn FF on after X seconds have passed in a round? ...hm, then again, if you die in the first few moments, you get to be a zombie which is still fun!

EDIT:
    God, I had a lot of typos

I don't think we need to go anywhere near the automatic retaliation/punish TK vs forgive TK voting systems that are popular in CS - just add user-level votekick and let the server population call out anyone being a dick.

I've only had to call a votekick once, and the offender returned shortly thereafter and resumed playing normally, ie: only TKing accidentally when he shit himself with fear because zombies were coming to nom nom his tasty brains and riddled a doorway with rifle ammo.

Total aside: I love how 9mm ammo and 7.62x39mm ammo are interchangable in this game. I'm probably going to fire up the home-hosted server later on for purposes of "Dicking around with weapons" should I manage to get it to work at all, and was thinking of making the MP5 use pistol ammo.

PeregrineFalcon on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    But you can only hold 45 rounds + pistol-loaded clip of 9mm ammo :(

Arminas on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    But you can only hold 45 rounds + pistol-loaded clip of 9mm ammo :(

Yeah, was hoping I could address that as well. Either way, dicking around is conditional on how much of the game can be modified.

And we all know how easy that is.

Of course, the ZP team is probably upset that in a month's time they'll be irrelevant because everyone will be playing L4D. That's why we're never going to see BrainBread Source either.

PeregrineFalcon on
  • Options
    Flippy_DFlippy_D Digital Conquistador LondonRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Like I said in the TF2 thread, I'll be back playing this soonish with you guys <3

Flippy_D on
    p8fnsZD.png
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Flippy_D wrote: »
    Like I said in the TF2 thread, I'll be back playing this soonish with you guys <3

I can't wait to hear the proper British reaction to Soal screaming and bawling like a little baby.

I imagine it will be evil laughter.
    seriously, hearing people freak out as survivor is what makes this game so great

PeregrineFalcon on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    That is a bit of a shame, they worked so long and hard ont his. Well L4D appears to have a heavier focus on killing zombies. ZPS kind of focuses more on human interaction to be honest. Since we knows it's a player behind the zombie and with FF on, this is a great game to play with a communicative group. I'm not sure if L4D will really do the same thing. They are similar games, but it seems l4d is limited to four players, right? (well, then zombies, but who knows, maybe they won't be able to hear the human voicecomm which is an awesome feature)

Arminas on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    That is a bit of a shame, they worked so long and hard ont his. Well L4D appears to have a heavier focus on killing zombies. ZPS kind of focuses more on human interaction to be honest. Since we knows it's a player behind the zombie and with FF on, this is a great game to play with a communicative group. I'm not sure if L4D will really do the same thing. They are similar games, but it seems l4d is limited to four players, right? (well, then zombies, but who knows, maybe they won't be able to hear the human voicecomm which is an awesome feature)

Four-player co-op, and eight-player deathmatch. But yes, I am being a little facetious with the "L4D will kill ZPS" comment - it's certainly going to hurt the server numbers for a bit, but it's a different experience, and I think after the initial bottom-out phase when everyone plays L4D, we'll be back in business.

Besides, it's always nice to have some variety in the brains you eat.

PeregrineFalcon on
  • Options
    IcemopperIcemopper Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    So I played this until 4 am last night.

On a Wednesday.

Now all I can think about are brains... Should I see a doctor?

Icemopper on
  • Options
    Flippy_DFlippy_D Digital Conquistador LondonRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    I don't know, what does your health meter look like?

Flippy_D on
    p8fnsZD.png
  • Options
    IcemopperIcemopper Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    It's fine... just a couple dots on it though... maybe it's my monitor, hang on I'll go see if I can clean it off.

braiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiins

Icemopper on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Icemopper wrote: »
    It's fine... just a couple dots on it though... maybe it's my monitor, hang on I'll go see if I can clean it off.

braiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiins

You're fine, go hang around a crowded area.

Near the only exit.

PeregrineFalcon on
  • Options
    iowaiowa Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    I'll go back to this game once Delish stops using that terrible 'whats that thing on my health meter' joke.

iowa on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    I had to venture into the ZPS forums to find some plugin info for the server. I always feel dumber after visiting. The devs can actually be civil most of the time, but their fan base has some of the biggest douchebags I've ever seen.

Its hilarious that the most cordial and helpful users are the ones that are supposedly breaking and ruining their mod. Asking a question from the general populace usually just invokes a "get the pitchfork and torches and kill the noob" response.

Fucking idiots.

Luckily I found what I needed and got the hell out of dodge without too much damage.

• Options
    edited October 2008
    I had to venture into the ZPS forums to find some plugin info for the server. I always feel dumber after visiting. The devs can actually be civil most of the time, but their fan base has some of the biggest douchebags I've ever seen.

Its hilarious that the most cordial and helpful users are the ones that are supposedly breaking and ruining their mod. Asking a question from the general populace usually just invokes a "get the pitchfork and torches and kill the noob" response.

Fucking idiots.

Luckily I found what I needed and got the hell out of dodge without too much damage.

What did you find? :D

Arminas on
  • Options
    edited October 2008

I needed plugins and files for sourcemod to fix a bunch of commands that don't work and to allow the OB menu for admins/voting instead of the older menu that requires you to hit escape to access it. Mostly its stuff to help the admins with commands.

• Options
    edited October 2008

I needed plugins and files for sourcemod to fix a bunch of commands that don't work and to allow the OB menu for admins/voting instead of the older menu that requires you to hit escape to access it. Mostly its stuff to help the admins with commands.

Does this mean that when Peregrine turns me into a timebomb that I really will blow up? I mean, the last time Peregrine did this to me, I felt all teased, like all the foreplay and none of the fun!

Arminas on
  • Options
    edited October 2008

Does this mean that when Peregrine turns me into a timebomb that I really will blow up? I mean, the last time Peregrine did this to me, I felt all teased, like all the foreplay and none of the fun!

PeregrineFalcon: Hey Arminas want to help me test something?
    Arminas: Sure
    [SM] PeregrineFalcon toggled firebomb on Arminas
    10 seconds until Arminas explodes.
    Entire survivor team: OH FUCK OH SHIT GET AWAY FROM HIM JESUS CHRIST OH GOD
    *beep beep wheeeeeeeeeeeep*
    silence
    Arminas: Aww, boo!

Fun times. :D

PeregrineFalcon on
  • Options
    dnilbdnilb Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    I always have way more fun playing zombie then I ever do survivor. I always try an pick it first so I can play as whitey. I was just in a game where me an another zombie would stick next to each other and set up traps on this objective map. When we knew which part they where going for we could easily pick them off. At one point they all had to crawl out of this tiny vent, so we sat in the dark untill we heard them talking, and saw little beams of light coming through and we both just started swinging as them all came through it panicing.

dnilb on
    dnilb.png
  • Options
    Mandalorian RoosterMandalorian Rooster Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Anybody want BRAAAAAINS? Or too early?

Mandalorian Rooster on
  • Options
    DeadOnArrivalDeadOnArrival Registered User regular
    edited October 2008

I want to play but it probably is too early. 2 people going at it will shortly turn into unfun.

DeadOnArrival on
    2zz3vp4.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    2 people going at it will shortly turn into unfun.

You're doing it wrong.

Alternatively:
    [ ] Normally it only becomes unfun after you're married for a few years.
    [ ] If you can convince someone else to join in, it's much better.
    [ ] Take your time and enjoy it more.

PeregrineFalcon on
  • Options
    edited October 2008

Alternatively:
    [ ] ???
    [ ] PROFIT!!!

?

DeadOnArrival on
    2zz3vp4.jpg
  • Options
    WembleyWembley Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    2 people going at it will shortly turn into unfun.

You're doing it wrong.

Alternatively:
    [ X ] If you can convince someone else to join in, it's much better.

Wembley on
  • Options
    edited October 2008

Alternatively:
    [ ] Fucking film it
    [ ] PROFIT!!!

?

Fixed so very hard.

[tiny]thatswhatshesaid[/tiny]

PeregrineFalcon on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Any of you guys wanting to actually play or are you at work or something?

Because if we can get like 4 guys going this might be a good starting point.
    If you're at work your boss is behind you, watching you masturbate. You sick fuck.

DeadOnArrival on
    2zz3vp4.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2008

Never too early for me, rooster. Alas, I am at work. :( Won't be home for 4 more hours.

Arminas on
  • Options
    KogareruKogareru Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    I'm at work. :x

Everytime I see the thread title I can only think about Austrian Death Machine:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vdZYvPZhT1c
    Freaking hilarious joke metal. <3<3

Kogareru on
    GW2: mKoga-Ultra
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    INeedNoSaltINeedNoSalt with blood on my teeth Registered User regular
    edited October 2008

If you're at work your boss is behind you, watching you masturbate. You sick fuck.

If some people want to get on I will log on

And do my best not to shoot any humans

INeedNoSalt on
  • Options
    edited October 2008

And do my best not to shoot any humans

That would be swell, if it isn't too much trouble.

DeadOnArrival on
    2zz3vp4.jpg
  • Options
    John ZoidbergJohn Zoidberg Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Hopefully I will be able to join you in a bit as well. Ain't played much since I downloaded it so I will be easy pickings til I learn the maps.

John Zoidberg on
    Xbox Live: Ink Pouch / PSN: Stiff_Ninja / Origin: PAZoidberg / Steam
  • Options
    Handsome CostanzaHandsome Costanza Ask me about 8bitdo RIP Iwata-sanRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008

Don't be a dick.

Of course. But playfully tking someone who tked you first and joking about it amongst the both of you should be allowed right? As long as both parties are playing along? I mean I would imagine stuff like that would happen in a real zombie appocolypse anyway.

Handsome Costanza on
    Nintendo Switch friend code: 7305-5583-0420. Add me!
    Resident 8bitdo expert.
    Resident hybrid/flap cover expert.
  • Options
    shanisshanis LCDR, US Navy Maryland, USARegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Zoid, don't worry if you end up being fodder. Survivers rarely win, but the point is to create laughable/awesome gaming moments through failure. :D

Just stick with a pack of survivers and you'll be alright.

shanis on
    Origin(BF4) - hunter28100 / Steam - Shanis

"Uh, I have never said that you are not good at what you do. It's just that what you do is not worth doing." -S.C.
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    shanis wrote: »
    Zoid, don't worry if you end up being fodder. Survivers rarely win, but the point is to create laughable/awesome gaming moments through failure. :D

Just stick with a pack of survivers and you'll be alright.

Or embrace the dark side, join the Zombie team, and eat brains.

PeregrineFalcon on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Hmm, panicy girly screams over voice communication.. or causing panicy girly screams over voice communication..

That is a tough one to choose.

Also, just to make this clear to myself. Survivors have voice chat and voice shortcuts. Zombies only have text chat but can hear human voice chat?

John Zoidberg on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Hmm, panicy girly screams over voice communication.. or causing panicy girly screams over voice communication..

That is a tough one to choose.

Also, just to make this clear to myself. Survivors have voice chat and voice shortcuts. Zombies only have text chat but can hear human voice chat?

Zombies can also voice chat but survivors won't hear the zombie voice chat, and zombies can groan using the taunt button (default: Z).

DeadOnArrival on
    2zz3vp4.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Ah, thank you. The few games I did play must have just had some very quiet zombies.

John Zoidberg on