Options

TOURNAMENT CENTRAL: BEYOND RULESDOME AND MORE

Son of BeyonderSon of Beyonder From BeyondBeyondRegistered User regular
edited December 2006 in Graphic Violence
THE BRACKET:

MATCH A:
Batman vs. Lobo vs. Gladiator vs. Yellowjacket vs. Metamorpho vs. Hourman (Rex Tyler) vs. Darkdevil vs. Bigby Wolf

MATCH B:

Superman vs. Colossus vs. Ultimate Nick Fury vs. Deadpool vs. Ms. Marvel vs. Mimic (Exiles) vs. Black Canary vs. Boy Blue

MATCH C:

Captain America vs. Batgirl vs. Fairchild vs. She-Hulk vs. Cardiac vs. Daredevil vs. Citizen V vs. Aztek, the Ultimate Man

MATCH D:

Iron Man vs. American Dream vs. Midnighter vs. Azrael vs. Captain Canuck vs. Red Tornado vs. Blink vs. Deathcry

MATCH E:

Martian Manhunter vs. Wolverine vs. Vision vs. Liz Sherman vs. Chamber vs. Luke Cage vs. Moon Knight vs. Adam Strange

MATCH F:

Wonder Woman vs. Zenith vs. Allen the Alien vs. Ghost Rider vs. Scud, the Disposable Assassin vs. Iron Fist vs. Michael “Desolation” Jones, vs. The Atom (Ray Palmer)

MATCH G:

Rogue vs. Iceman vs. Invincible vs. Human Bomb vs. Speedball vs. Jolt vs. M (Monet St. Croix) vs. Conan the Cimmerian

MATCH H:

Juggernaut vs. Invisible Woman vs. Green Arrow vs. Hawkeye vs. Havok vs. King Mob vs. Ambrose Chase vs. Northstar

MATCH I:

Hulk (Gladiator) vs. Magneto vs. Spider-Girl vs. Arsenal vs. Captain Britain vs. Impulse vs. Cosmic Boy vs. Blue Beetle

MATCH J

Thing vs. Plastic Man vs. Nightwing vs. Spider-Man vs. Emma Frost vs. Machine Man vs. Animal Man vs. Nocturne

MATCH K:

Apollo vs. Punisher vs. Cloak vs. The Great Machine vs. Robotman vs. Jakita Wagner vs. Ultimate Gambit vs. the Shade

MATCH L:

Sunfire vs. Hawkingbird vs. Uncle Sam vs. Cyclops vs. Green Lantern (Guy Gardner) vs. Jeff Smax vs. Judge Dredd vs. Shadowcat

MATCH M:

Thor vs. Superboy (Connor Kent) vs. Flash (Jay Garrick) vs. the Sandman (Wesley Dodds) vs. the Question vs. Grunge vs. Lobster Johnson vs. Thunderbird (Exiles)

MATCH N:

Captain Marvel (Billy Batson) vs. Gravity vs. Starman vs. Multiple Man vs. Beak vs. Molly Hayes vs. Mr. Fantastic vs. Domino

MATCH O:

Namor vs. Nightcrawler vs. Hellboy vs. Blue Devil vs. the Goon vs. the Demon, Etrigan vs. John Constantine vs. Darkhawk

MATCH P:

Aquaman vs. Scarlet Witch vs. Cable vs. the Spirit vs. Morph (Exiles) vs. Black Knight vs. Elijah Snow vs. Kevin Matchstick

ROUND TWO MATCHUPS:

MATCH A:

Batman vs. Elijah Snow vs. Invisible Woman vs. Magneto

MATCH B:

Superman vs. Namor vs. Invincible vs. Plastic Man

MATCH C:

Captain America vs. Mr. Fantastic vs. Wonder Woman vs. Cloak

MATCH D:

Blink vs. the Flash vs. Vision vs. Shadowcat

MATCH E:

Martian Manhunter vs. Green Lantern vs. Iron Man vs. Thor

MATCH F:

Ghost Rider vs. Shade vs. Aztek vs. Captain Marvel

MATCH G:

Rogue vs. Spider-Man vs. Deadpool vs. John Constantine

MATCH H:

Ambrose Chase vs. Hulk vs. Bigby Wolf vs. Cable

ROUND THREE MATCHUPS

MATCH A

Superman vs. Captain Marvel vs. Magneto vs. Bigby Wolf

MATCH B

Invisible Woman vs. Shadowcat vs. Spider-Man vs. Blink

MATCH C

Hulk vs. Thor vs. Namor vs. Martian Manhunter

MATCH D

Wonder Woman vs. Rogue vs. Captain America vs. Shade

SEMIFINAL MATCHUPS

MATCH A

Wonder Woman vs. Captain Marvel vs. Shade vs. Shadowcat

MATCH B

Thor vs. Invisible Woman vs. Hulk vs. Superman

FINAL ROUND

Superman vs. Thor vs. Shade vs. Wonder Woman

5u13zxvb47g3.jpg
Son of Beyonder on

• Options
    Son of BeyonderSon of Beyonder From Beyond BeyondRegistered User regular
    edited November 2006
    HOW THIS WILL WORK:

Each battle will have its own thread. In each thread, I will provide pictures and a brief overview of each contestant, followed by any extra information that may apply to the characters. Each thread will also contain the portion of Battleworld the fight will take place on.

Following that post, you have 24 hours to discuss the battle and the competitors. Once those 24 hours are up, a poll will be set up, and you will vote on who you think will be the last hero standing in the fight. In the first round, there will be eight competitors, and in each subsequent round, there will be 4. The two heroes who receive the most votes within twenty-four hours will move on to the next round.

Following the battle, a recap thread for the day’s battles will be posted. Forumers are encouraged to add to the recap with their own writing or art, or they may simply observe and comment on the proceedings. However, those who wish to ridicule those who do take part will be dealt with. This is meant to be a fun event for the forum, but that does not entitle you to be dicks.

BATTLEWORLD:

Battleworld is where the tournament will take place. It consists of parts of planets from around this universe and others take place. It also contains many labs, libraries and other places that will serve as places for the heroes to prepare. Where each hero is allowed to prepare at will be described in each battle thread.

Since multiple fights may be occurring simultaneously, each battle will take place on a different portion of Battleworld. Which portion they will battle over will be assigned randomly and again, described in each thread.

PREP TIME:

Heroes are notified of their opponents and given two hours to prepare for battle. They may consult with provided advisors, such as Dr. Strange or Alfred. Which advisors are available to which heroes will again be revealed in each thread.

THE RULES OF THE BATTLE:

Each battle is a last man standing style battle, meaning the two heroes who outlast elimination the longest will be proclaimed the champions and move on to the next round. Different ways characters may be eliminated are as follows:

1) Death
    2) Knocked out
    3) Removed from battle
    4) Resignation or forfeit
    5) Permanent loss of powers
    6) Intentionally causing the death of bystanders

In the case of heroes with multiple heroic identities, the information posted at the beginning of the thread is the final authority as to which identity is present.

UPDATED SCHEDULE:

Two battles will begin each Monday night. Voting opens on Tuesday night, and results are posted on Wedensday night.

NEW RULES FOR ROUND TWO:

The amount of competitors per match has been reduced to four. The top two vote getters will still advance.

Before each match, competitors may watch videos of TWO of their opponents. This means they will not be able to view videos of all of their opponents.

Preparation time is reduced to twenty minutes. This is in addition to the video viewing times. Competitors who choose to abstain from watching the videos are still restricted to a twenty minute prep time.

NEW DISQUALIFICATION RULE:

Competitors may NOT eliminate all of their opponents at once. This means that flash-freezing, mind raping and exploding all of your competitors in one fell swoop is not allowed. Competitors who eliminate all of their opponents seperately are exempt from disqualification. If a competitor is disqualified in this way, the match will restart without that competitor.

NEW EQUIPMENT RULE:

Competitors may bring their standard equipment (i.e. the Great Machine’s jetpack, Batman’s utility belt) and ONE special item, such as kryptonite. Competitors may not bring items that would make them over powered by the nomination rules (i.e. Reed Richards would not be able to bring the Ultimate Nullifier).

NEW RULES FOR ROUND THREE:

NEW RULE NUMBER ONE

Heroes may consult with one advisor. This advisor must be someone they have ties to before the tournament. Heroes half one half hour to converse with their advisors in addition to their video watching time and their standard twenty minute prep time. Advisors may help a hero prepare equipment, come up with strategies, and prepare anything else the hero is capable of preparing.

NEW RULE NUMBER TWO

Debate threads may not necessarily be open for twenty-four hours pre-fight. All voting threads will be opened at 11:00 pm Central time the day after debate threads are open. Note: if a debate thread is started from midnight to 7:00 am Central time, voting will open that night at eleven. There are no changes to voting.

Son of Beyonder on
    5u13zxvb47g3.jpg
  • Options
    Son of BeyonderSon of Beyonder From Beyond BeyondRegistered User regular
    edited November 2006
    THIS THREAD IS FOR GENERAL DISCUSSION, AND WILL BE UPDATED AS THE TOURNAMENT PROGRESSES

PLEASE NOTE THE MATCHUPS FOR ROUND FOUR ARE NOW UP

Son of Beyonder on
    5u13zxvb47g3.jpg
  • Options
    Bloods EndBloods End Blade of Tyshalle Punch dimensionRegistered User regular
    edited November 2006
    MATCH A

Wonder Woman vs. Captain Marvel vs. Shade vs. Shadowcat

MATCH B

Damn. Kitty is fucked.

I'm think Wonder Women and Shade are going to take it. And Supes and Thor for the second one.

Bloods End on
  • Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    edited November 2006
    Yeah, Kitty is one of my favorite characters, and there is literally nothing she can do there.

DJ Eebs on
  • Options
    deadonthestreetdeadonthestreet Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Man I'd take Hulk over superman, but Invisible Woman over Hulk but Superman over Invisible Woman.

So I guess Thor wins.

deadonthestreet on
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited November 2006
    Match A:

1) Wonder Woman - rude titties
    2) Captain Marvel - rude cock
    3) Shade - rude darkness
    4) Shadowcat - rudebox

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    I'm going Thor and Supes. Because I think it'd be ridiculous to not have Superman in the final round, and I also think it'd be ridiculous to not have Thor in to represent Marvel.

Invisible Woman would be fine too.

DJ Eebs on
  • Options
    ScooterScooter Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Marvel and Shade, Superman and Thor

Scooter on
  • Options
    Mai-KeroMai-Kero Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    There's no one there, besides MAYBE shade, and we don't know that for sure, that can hurt Kitty. I be Wonderwoman or Marvel would still be hurt by having their brains ripped out though.

Mai-Kero on
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    Can't shade absorb Marvel into a Shadow Helm?

And he has a fancy hat. He must win.

Bloods End on
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    So basically if I had my way I'd have Superman vs. Thor vs. Captain Marvel vs. Wonder Woman for my final four, but I bet Shade will get in instead of Cap.

I really want Superman to win it all though.

DJ Eebs on
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    Geebs wrote:
    So basically if I had my way I'd have Superman vs. Thor vs. Captain Marvel vs. Wonder Woman for my final four, but I bet Shade will get in instead of Cap.

I really want Superman to win it all though.

I'd rather Wonder Woman than Superman win it, but yeah, both of them are pretty awesome so.

Mai-Kero on
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    If anyone votes based on who has accomplished most or had the most awesome fights, superman is pretty well set there.

Mai-Kero on
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited November 2006
    Mai-Kero wrote:
    There's no one there, besides MAYBE shade, and we don't know that for sure, that can hurt Kitty.

Yeah, but Kitty can't hurt them, either

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    RoyseRoyse Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    I'd say:
    Wonder Woman and Captain Marvel
    Superman and Thor

That's a totally rad final four right there.

Royse on
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    Keith wrote:
    Mai-Kero wrote:
    There's no one there, besides MAYBE shade, and we don't know that for sure, that can hurt Kitty.

Yeah she can.

Marvel flies up and says "Hi what are your powers?" and kitty can just rip his heart out.

Not that she would, but she can come up with some way to knock him out.

Mai-Kero on
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    Mai-Kero wrote:
    Keith wrote:
    Mai-Kero wrote:

Yeah she can.

Marvel flies up and says "Hi what are your powers?" and kitty can just rip his heart out.

because he can't move faster than her, nope

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    Can she phase through magic stuff? Or could Diana's lasso hold her?

Bloods End on
  • Options
    NinjaSquirrelNinjaSquirrel Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Mai-Kero wrote:
    Keith wrote:
    Mai-Kero wrote:

Yeah she can.

Not that she would, but she can come up with some way to knock him out.
    Too bad Marvel and WW both move faster than her huh? And I guess they get their memories from previous rounds and the movie watching erased?

NinjaSquirrel on
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited November 2006
    WW, Shade

Supes, Thor.

Fencingsax on
  • Options
    robosagogorobosagogo Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Bloods End wrote:
    Can't shade absorb Marvel into a Shadow Helm?

And he has a fancy hat. He must win.

Yeah, evidentally he can depower Marvel.

And I'd bet that the lasso can grab Kitty. I mean, what's the diff between magic sword and magic rope?

robosagogo on
  • Options
    ScooterScooter Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    I forgot the depowering thing.

And Kitty isn't strong enough to mess up the DC guys internally, even if she could do it without messing her own hand up.

Actually wait...axe inside the head? That would have to hurt.

Scooter on
  • Options
    TerrorbyteTerrorbyte __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2006
    Captain Marvel is probably stronger than Wonder Woman is - though not by all that much. However, Wonder Woman is a far more experienced and skilled fighter. Remember, Captain Marvel doesn't have the magical edge on Wonder Woman like he does Superman. If anything, Wonder Woman has a natural resistance to magic.

Shadowcat is completely outclassed here. She doesn't have the speed or endurance to keep up with Superman-class characters like Captain Marvel or Wonder Woman. So, that takes the offensive possibilities of her intangibility powers off the table. She'd be able to use it defensively, but I doubt it could withstand the magically-imbued offenses of Marvel and Wonder Woman for long.

Shade is the big question mark here. Can he replicate Obsidian's depowering of Marvel from that JSA arc? If so, Batson's a goner. Then again, would he have any defenses against Wonder Woman or even Kitty?

Terrorbyte on
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    As for the other fight, Superman tosses the Hulk into the Sun while Thor pounds the ever-loving shit out of Sue and her shield. Superman and Thor then proceed to go at it until your favorite of the two comes out slightly on top.

Terrorbyte on
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    Hulk would rip off superman's head before superman could throw him into space.

Mai-Kero on
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    Mai-Kero wrote:
    No, no he wouldn't. Superman is AT LEAST as strong as Hulk.

NinjaSquirrel on
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    Mai-Kero wrote:

I don't think you know any of these characters

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    But Hulk strongest there is.

He wouldn't at first be able to rip off superman's head, but he would at least be able to hold onto superman and prevent him from throwing him into the sun.

Mai-Kero on
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    Terrorbyte wrote:
    Captain Marvel is probably stronger than Wonder Woman is - though not by all that much. However, Wonder Woman is a far more experienced and skilled fighter. Remember, Captain Marvel doesn't have the magical edge on Wonder Woman like he does Superman. If anything, Wonder Woman has a natural resistance to magic.

Shadowcat is completely outclassed here. She doesn't have the speed or endurance to keep up with Superman-class characters like Captain Marvel or Wonder Woman. So, that takes the offensive possibilities of her intangibility powers off the table. She'd be able to use it defensively, but I doubt it could withstand the magically-imbued offenses of Marvel and Wonder Woman for long.

Shade is the big question mark here. Can he replicate Obsidian's depowering of Marvel from that JSA arc? If so, Batson's a goner. Then again, would he have any defenses against Wonder Woman or even Kitty?

He can cover the area they're fighting in in blackness and conceal himself completely in addition to lowering visibility for everyone else to whatever he deems fit (nil, probably). And then there's the teleporting and resilience and immortality (not to be mistaken for invulnerability).

Kitty and Captain Marvel (presumably) don't stand a chance due to their vulnerabilities). Wonder Woman would be fighting blind against someone who doesn't need to be near her to attack.

robosagogo on
  • Options
    bAm-BaMbAm-BaM Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    This tournament is making me like Batman's "Does he have time to prepare?" excuse more than "STRONGEST THERE IS."

Really. Liking it.

bAm-BaM on
    marvelcrotchsig.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    Mai-Kero wrote:
    But Hulk strongest there is.

He wouldn't at first be able to rip off superman's head, but he would at least be able to hold onto superman and prevent him from throwing him into the sun.

God dammit, no. Hulk is not the strongest there is. Especially at the beginning of fights. Very strong? Yes. Strong enough to rip Superman's head off at the beginning of a fight? Hell fucking no, never. With Superman's speed and strength, it is very likely he could throw Hulk out of the arena before Hulk could hit him.

NinjaSquirrel on
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    robosagogo wrote:
    Wonder Woman would be fighting blind against someone who doesn't need to be near her to attack.

Luckily, Wonder Woman is quite adept at fighting blind.
    Her blessing from the goddess Artemis grants her the "Hunter's Eye" and enhanced senses, as well as unity with the animal kingdom and the ability to tame wild beasts. Shortly before Infinite Crisis, Wonder Woman was blinded; her sight was later restored by Athena. Since then, she has possessed the sight of Athena, or the gift of increased insight. Consequently, Diana can detect others' emotions, and is now fully immune to Doctor Psycho's illusions.

Terrorbyte on
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    bAm-BaM wrote:
    This tournament is making me like Batman's "Does he have time to prepare?" excuse more than "STRONGEST THERE IS."

Really. Liking it.
    Yeah, pretty much.

HULK STRONGEST THERE IS.

But this guy can turn intangible and invisible.

HULK STRONGEST THERE IS.

But this guy is just about as strong and faster.

HULK STRONGEST THERE IS.

But this guy can fly so Hulk wouldn't be able to reach him.

HULK STRONGEST THERE IS.

God fucking dammit you idiots, there is more than just strength. Versatility counts for a lot and STRONGEST THERE IS isn't very fucking versatile. It's actually a pretty straight-forward one way approach.

NinjaSquirrel on
  • Options
    edited November 2006

As for that, if team-ups are allowed then Thor and Sue are probably teaming up due to both being Avengers. They'd probably win too, since Invisible Thor would be pretty unstoppable.

But then, Invisible Superman would be even worse if Sue just decided to help the front-runner. A good strategy probably would be to make Superman invisible. He'd notice and, knowing that beating Sue would cause him to lose a significant advantage, he'd probably go after Thor and Hulk first in order to guarantee victories over the both of them. Only after taking the two out would it make sense to go after Sue, and by then maybe she'd made a bubble in his brain or something? Either way, Sue or Supes for the win.

robosagogo on
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    I liked Dwayne Mcduffie on Superman vs Hulk.

" Well the Hulk gets stronger the madder he gets. But he doesn't start out as strong as Superman. So he can go on getting stronger and madder on his way to the sun."

Bloods End on
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    If we were talking pure and limitlessly strong Hulk when he's completely unleashed, he's a lot like the mindless Doomsday that broke Superman's back ... after he had to fight pretty much every other dude in his rogue's gallery at once.

If we are talking Gladiator Hulk, who is similar to sentient Doomsday, then I don't think he can take Superman out before Supes removes Hulk from the fighting stage with the quickness.

Terrorbyte on
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    Terrorbyte wrote:
    robosagogo wrote:
    Wonder Woman would be fighting blind against someone who doesn't need to be near her to attack.

Luckily, Wonder Woman is quite adept at fighting blind.
    Her blessing from the goddess Artemis grants her the "Hunter's Eye" and enhanced senses, as well as unity with the animal kingdom and the ability to tame wild beasts. Shortly before Infinite Crisis, Wonder Woman was blinded; her sight was later restored by Athena. Since then, she has possessed the sight of Athena, or the gift of increased insight. Consequently, Diana can detect others' emotions, and is now fully immune to Doctor Psycho's illusions.

Yeah, I remembered that sorta. She's still not quite to Daredevil levels, though, and Shade would probably be wary of giving her the audio cues needed to find him.

She can detect emotions, but can she detect where they're coming from?

If so, even with teleporting she might be able to tag Shade if he can't take her down quick enough with the shadow constructs. I guess it becomes a question of how much dark magic she can withstand.

robosagogo on
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    Terrorbyte wrote:
    If we were talking pure and limitlessly strong Hulk when he's completely unleashed, he's a lot like the mindless Doomsday that broke Superman's back ... after he had to fight pretty much every other dude in his rogue's gallery at once.

If we are talking Gladiator Hulk, who is similar to sentient Doomsday, then I don't think he can take Superman out before Supes removes Hulk from the fighting stage with the quickness.
    We are talking Gladiator Hulk.

NinjaSquirrel on
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    Bloods End wrote:
    I liked Dwayne Mcduffie on Superman vs Hulk.

" Well the Hulk gets stronger the madder he gets. But he doesn't start out as strong as Superman. So he can go on getting stronger and madder on his way to the sun."

Yeah, Dave from Dave's Long Box agrees. It seems like any way you slice it, Hulk is getting tossed into the sun.

Terrorbyte on
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    Terrorbyte wrote:

We are talking Gladiator Hulk.

Hahaha, thanks. I even meant to write: If we are talking Gladiator Hulk (which we are)...

Terrorbyte on