Options

New Years date

SakebombSakebomb Registered User regular
edited December 2008 in Help / Advice Forum
Guys, where should I take my girl for new years?
I got nothin.....

preferably under $100

Sakebomb on

• Options
    PeregrineFalconPeregrineFalcon Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Sakebomb wrote: »
    I got nothin.....

preferably under $100

TL;DR

But seriously, where's the details? What do you like to do? What does she like to do? How old are you two? How long have you been dating? Romantic and cozy, or loud and rambunctious?

PeregrineFalcon on
    Looking for a DX:HR OnLive code for my kid brother.
    Can trade TF2 items or whatever else you're interested in. PM me.
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    im 26, shes 24, we're engaged, we've known each other for over a decade, this will be our first new years together, we hate clubbing and loud annoying parties and drunk idiots....

Actually, just now....im thinking a new years D&D game would be nice.....
    I dont know, still kicking around ideas.....

Sakebomb on
  • Options
    SmurphSmurph Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Usually the go-to choice is a party with friends for me. If you're afraid of her not being in to that, just ask her to come up with ideas.

Smurph on
  • Options
    WickerBasketWickerBasket Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    How about a midnight picnic?

Go out somewhere quiet and take a blanket for the ground and some food. Doesn't hurt to take some sparklers either.

Hell, you could even take your D & D game if you so desired.

Bonus points if you take a lantern.

WickerBasket on
    "please get on point coward baby magets."

PSN = Wicker86 ________ Gamertag = Wicker86
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I got nothin.....

preferably under $100

Where do you live?

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    LailLail Surrey, B.C.Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    One New Years, me and my girl went snowboarding. It was a clear night, the mountain looked over the city...it was pretty awesome. I see you're in Austin though, so I'm assuming snowboarding isn't possible. Go for hike...do the picnic thing that someone mentioned.

Lail on
  • Options
    SheepSheep Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited December 2008
    There will be parties. Find one.

Most of these parties will have alcohol and the like. Probably for free or for a small charge to cover the keg or whatever.

So, take your bill and take your lady out some where fancy and then hit up the parties afterwards.

Sheep on
  • Options
    SeptusSeptus Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Um, a nice night out at a classier joint? Like, the Belmont? A picnic would be nice, but you wouldn't necessarily know if it'll be too cold until the day before. You could hang out somewhere on the lake(again, could be cold).

I can't really come up with much other than restaurants, or parties, because I always go to parties on New Years.

Septus on
    PSN: Kurahoshi1
  • Options
    RUNN1NGMANRUNN1NGMAN Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Make dinner and stay home. If you went out you'd be considered lucky to spend $100 on one of you.

RUNN1NGMAN on
  • Options
    noir_bloodnoir_blood Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    RUNN1NGMAN wrote: »
    Make dinner and stay home. If you went out you'd be considered lucky to spend $100 on one of you.

Seriously. On a normal date your liable to spend more, so if you're looking to do something nice for New Years, but at the same time save some money, stay home and cook her a meal, buy a bottle of champagne, and maybe watch some movies or something.

noir_blood on
  • Options
    SeptusSeptus Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    A normal date is likely to be more than $100? That's a mighty expensive date.

Septus on
    PSN: Kurahoshi1
  • Options
    DeathPrawnDeathPrawn Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Don't take her out to dinner. New Years Eve is a night of overpriced prix fixe meals with hastily-prepared food and mediocre service to slog through the crowds of diners.

I'd say cook her a romantic dinner at home (assuming you have some cooking skills) and then find a party to go to for midnight.

DeathPrawn on
    Signature not found.
  • Options
    UnderdogUnderdog Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Septus wrote: »

Yeah that seems like a hell of a lot. Maybe they just mean a date on New Year's Eve, which I could understand.

Underdog on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Septus wrote: »

The OP said "on new years." I assume they mean Dec 31. And yes, in that case, $100 just gets you in the door at most decent clubs, and most nice restaurants will be offering a prix fix menu at probably $75 per person or more. Obviously, if the OP lives in Duluth, adjust those prices down.

RUNN1NGMAN on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Some of the usual New Years shit that people do sounds out for you guys, you mentioned D and D, why not have a little gathering at your place if you know any similiar minded folks.

BlackbeardonGuitar on
    n13908669_48529144_9322.jpg
  • Options
    ChanceChance Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    If she's into D&D, she may well be as nerdy as the rest of us, so my suggestion might fly.

When I was a lad and my family was always together for New Years, we would rent 3 movies, order chinese food or pizza, and watch the movies back-to-back between 6pm and midnight.

Good times.

Chance on
    'Chance, you are the best kind of whore.' -Henroid
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Chance wrote: »
    If she's into D&D, she may well be as nerdy as the rest of us, so my suggestion might fly.

When I was a lad and my family was always together for New Years, we would rent 3 movies, order chinese food or pizza, and watch the movies back-to-back between 6pm and midnight.

Good times.

In my opinion, that is one hell of a good New Year's Eve. In fact, I've been doing something close to that almost every year since H.S. I'm not a fan of crowded, loud bars to begin with, and I have no interest in going out on the amateur night of all amateur nights. This year I might class things up a bit and have a dinner party with some friends, but I love the stay-at-home strategy for new years.

RUNN1NGMAN on
  • Options
    DixonDixon Screwed...possibly doomed CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    In my town there is a local skating rink called Gage park thats a big ring of an ice rink. We went there for new years and skated and watched the fire works it was nice, I don't know how cold it is or if you have outdoor ice rinks to skate in but there always nice, and yoy won't get drunken idiots spewing everwhere (most of the time)

Dixon on
  • Options
    RhinoRhino TheRhinLOL Registered User regular
    edited December 2008

Does she play and enjoy D&D? Because... that might be kind of weird if she doesn't play.

Rhino on
    93mb4.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Rhino wrote: »

Does she play and enjoy D&D? Because... that might be kind of weird if she doesn't play.

My girl rolls natural 20s 8-)

Sakebomb on
  • Options
    i n c u b u si n c u b u s Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    You could host a small classy party, cocktail perhaps? This avoids the drunken idiots while keeping the alcohol. Just you guys and a couple of your close friends having a good time spending New Years together in casual/semiformal attire to class it up because hey its new years right? Food and what not can be done for under $100 and hey break out that D&D if your friends are into it.

i n c u b u s on
    Platinum FC: 4941 2152 0041
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]