As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Ghostbusters - Out NOW! - Bustin' makes us feel good.

• Options
    TheSonicRetardTheSonicRetard Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    CarbonFire wrote: »
    Its not like the PS3 can't handle this stuff, looks like the developers got lazy/inept.

The PS3 was even the lead console.

Somehow I doubt this. Or conversely, I doubt the compentancy of the developer with the PS3 hardware. The hardware is capable of so much more (as we've seen in plenty of other games), it just seems like the developer either wasn't willing or wasn't able to tap into that power. Maybe they were more comfortable developing for the 360, so they tried to shoe-horn those skills into making the PS3 version, which isn't a great fit.

doubt this

TheSonicRetard on
  • Options
    Psychotic OnePsychotic One The Lord of No Pants Parts UnknownRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Heir wrote: »
    xzzy wrote: »
    Last night while fighting hobo ghosts I found what happens when you cross the streams....ouch....just ouch.

Instant death?

All life as you know it stopping instantly, and every molecule in your body exploding at the speed of light.

Hey now, there is definitely a slim chance we could survive.
    You'll see energy pool at the crossing point then surge down all the beams knocking all involved down. It KO'ed winston and put me and Vankemen in the red

*edit* Oh but it does give an Achiement :p

Psychotic One on
  • Options
    HeirHeir Ausitn, TXRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    This game is taking forever to install on PC.

Heir on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    TheSonicRetardTheSonicRetard Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    dammit, I've barely started the game, but the 2nd day of the CWS is starting in 5 minutes.

fuuuuuuuuuu

TheSonicRetard on
  • Options
    redfield85redfield85 Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    redfield85 on
    bYf6vNQ.png
    Tumblr | Twitter | Twitch | Pinny Arcade Lanyard
    [3DS] 3394-3901-4002 | [Xbox/Steam] Redfield85
  • Options
    Dr_KeenbeanDr_Keenbean Dumb as a butt Planet Express ShipRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    so...any word on the PC version? $30 on steam for motherfucking Ghostbusters is enticing.

But not impulse buy enticing.

no co-op or multiplayer at all.

Half price for half the game that I won't play anyway is a fair trade. I guess I'm asking how it plays/looks?

Basically is it worth my $30? Or is it a sloppy port?

It's worth noting that I have a pretty sick gaming rig and a 360 controller plugged into it.

Tell me this is a good idea and that it's as awesome as I hope it is.
    ftk715.png

EDIT: Spoiler'd for h-scroll

You just had to find a screenshot of proxy Harold Ramis sternly disapproving of my indecisiveness. Damn you.

Dr_Keenbean on
    PSN/NNID/Steam: Dr_Keenbean
    3DS: 1650-8480-6786
    Switch: SW-0653-8208-4705
  • Options
    AoiAoi Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Okay, early on cursed object question from the hotel ballroom.
    I'm in the ballroom after the fight and there appears to be something going on with the shelves behind the bar. When I approach it with goggles off, it tells me to bring up my meter, I bring up the meter and I'm getting a serious blue PKE reading, but I'm not finding the item itself. And yeah, I've trashed everything on the shelves, and the shelves themselves, so there shoulding be anything hiding it.

What am I missing?

Should I go out and around? I just don't want to leave the ballroom, trigger a cinema and lose my chance.

Aoi on
  • Options
    AbsoluteZeroAbsoluteZero The new film by Quentin Koopantino Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    I don't really give a rats ass about the graphics. Is this game worth my monies?

AbsoluteZero on
    cs6f034fsffl.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    I don't really give a rats ass about the graphics. Is this game worth my monies?

I'm not very far in, but at the very least I'll say the ghost wrangling is fun and god damned solid. If you're not sure, I would give a couple Blockbusters a call at the very least. I know mine locally have been getting a lot of new games in on Tuesday recently, so you can always try to give it a rent.

Aoi on
  • Options
    ScottyScotty Registered User regular
    edited June 2009

Yes.

There, you're welcome.:^:

Ghostbusters-Rick-Moranis_l.jpg

Scotty on
  • Options
    Psychotic OnePsychotic One The Lord of No Pants Parts UnknownRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Aoi wrote: »
    I'm in the ballroom after the fight and there appears to be something going on with the shelves behind the bar. When I approach it with goggles off, it tells me to bring up my meter, I bring up the meter and I'm getting a serious blue PKE reading, but I'm not finding the item itself. And yeah, I've trashed everything on the shelves, and the shelves themselves, so there shoulding be anything hiding it.

What am I missing?

Should I go out and around? I just don't want to leave the ballroom, trigger a cinema and lose my chance.

I'm trying to remember but it might be the service bell on the counter. Should glow purple as you get closer with your goggles on.

Psychotic One on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Hmm, nope, got that one. Ah well, getting everything is what the second play through is for :)

Aoi on
  • Options
    DangerousDangerous Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    I'm so glad this game is every bit as awesome as I wanted it to be. Bustin' never made me feel so good.

Dangerous on
    sig2-2.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Scotty wrote: »

Yes, have some!.

Fixed that for ya. ;)

Heir on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    elliotw2elliotw2 Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    How's the PC version of this?

Steam's got it for cheap, and I wouldn't mind playing it

elliotw2 on
    camo_sig2.pngXBL:Elliotw3|PSN:elliotw2
  • Options
    HevachHevach Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    elliotw2 wrote: »

From what's been said in the thread, it's basically the 360/PS3 version minus any form of multiplayer and no DLC. Which sucks and all, but it is quite a bit cheaper.

Hevach on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Seriously, when the fuck did Ghostbusters become so scary?

redfield85 on
    bYf6vNQ.png
  • Options
    ThreepioThreepio New Westminster, BCRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    redfield85 wrote: »
    Seriously, when the fuck did Ghostbusters become so scary?

Threepio on
    142.jpg
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    No multiplay, apparently.

Fencingsax on
  • Options
    elliotw2elliotw2 Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Hevach wrote: »
    elliotw2 wrote: »

From what's been said in the thread, it's basically the 360/PS3 version minus any form of multiplayer and no DLC. Which sucks and all, but it is quite a bit cheaper.

Sounds fine to me, I wouldn't play it online much, and I never buy DLC

elliotw2 on
    camo_sig2.pngXBL:Elliotw3|PSN:elliotw2
  • Options
    maximumzeromaximumzero I...wait, what? New Orleans, LARegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    ghostbustersa.jpg

Picked up the 360 version on the way home.

Got Best Buy to match Toys R Us' $20 Gift Card offer. (Which means I got both the exclusive characters AND the $20 GC)

Installing to 360 HDD now.

maximumzero on
    FU7kFbw.png
    Switch: 6200-8149-0919 / Wii U: maximumzero / 3DS: 0860-3352-3335 / eBay Shop
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    So it seems that the PC version of the game has a lot of issues installing. I am one of those people having these issues.

Anyways, if you have issues installing, do the following:
    Okay folks, I like many others in this thread and forum have purchased the PC version of this game. I personally have 2 physical HDD's with three primary partitions C, D, and E. I attempted to install this game on my D drive as I currently use the C for the OS and pagefile only (as mentioned by a previous poster).

Well I too ran into the installation error that stated: The installation was interrupted.

I rebooted and tried installing again to no avail and began reading the nightmares posted about installing this game via the "custom" option and attempting to put it on a different drive other than C.

Well here is where I got a little crazy, I decided to have a look in my registry.
    If you are not comfortable with editing your registry please read no further (IT CAN BE VERY DANGEROUS) and if you do not know what your registry is you probably should not attempt this fix.
    Well with my registry open I went to 'Edit' then 'Find' (also ctrl-F) and searched the string 'Atari'
    The first few I found were pointing to the correct location D:\Program Files (x86)\Atari\Ghostbusters\, however after the first few (using F3 to 'Find Next') I found they were either pointing to C:\Program Files (x86)\Atari\Ghostbusters\ OR C?\Program Files (x86)\Atari\Ghostbusters\
    I then decided to backup the registry and proceeded to edit all the entries I could find that had the wrong locations.
    After I was finished and had edited all the registry values to D:\Program Files(x86)\Atari\Ghostbusters I ran the installer again and it completed properly, that is to say it finished the install in the directory I chose. I launched the game activated and all seems well.

I decided to post my solution to try and help. Again, PLEASE, DO NOT mess with your registry unless you feel 100% capable. I hope this helps. Good Luck fellow PC gamers.

Heir on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    edited June 2009

Yes, have some!.

Fixed that for ya. ;)

Why thank you, that IS much better.:^:

Scotty on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    redfield85 on
    bYf6vNQ.png
  • Options
    zimfanzimfan Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    haha wow I want this game

zimfan on
    PasscodeSig.png
  • Options
    DarkWarriorDarkWarrior __BANNED USERS regular
    edited June 2009
    I never noticed that Dana had Stay Puft marshmallows on her counter near the start of the film. Was too focused on he eggs.

DarkWarrior on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Is the sloth ghost at the beginning of the game a reference to Mr. Creosote?

maximumzero on
    FU7kFbw.png
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    I never noticed that Dana had Stay Puft marshmallows on her counter near the start of the film. Was too focused on he eggs.
    There's also a stay puft ad spraypainted on the building next to GB HQ

Fencingsax on
  • Options
    mastriusmastrius Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    So people seem to be liking the game.

Whats the consensus? I plan to pick it up tomorrow. Ive, and I know Ill get destroyed, not watched Ghostbusters in so long I literally forget anything about both movies. Think the game will still appeal to me? I want to get it if only to support Atari and make Activision look like pieces of shit for giving up such an awesome series like that.

I will buy it anyways. But I still like to know.

mastrius on
    "You're like a kitten! A kitten who doesn't speak Japanese." ~ Juliet Starling
  • Options
    LordNibblerLordNibbler Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    I'm nearing the end of the game I think with 5 hours on the timer. Though I'm not sure it counts my failures. Really digging it. I'm having some audio glitches while I have subtitles on (haven't turned them off to see if it's better). I can't wait for Live to come back up to try multiplayer. The instruction manual list a bunch of modes to play.

LordNibbler on
    Twitter
    PSN: JPBrowncoat Xbox: BamSaidTheLaday Also on Steam! Streaming games!
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Yea, I do not regret getting this game (although I regret not trying to use the TRU ad at Best Buy...I guess I am stuck with my $20 TRU gift card). I am pretty excited for multiplayer.

redfield85 on
    bYf6vNQ.png
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Not to bring up the whole 'graphics issue thing' again for no reason...but, thought this might be worth the post.

Apparently it looks better on PS3 if you have your system display settings set like this...

Have the RGB Full Range set to 'FULL' and not 'LIMITED', and turn the Super White setting to ON.

It was bugging me a bit that the screens were looking kinda shitty for PS3 in those comparison shots, when on my tv they actually didn't look like that. I checked my PS3 display settings, and turns out that I have mine set like advised above. I don't know, maybe people finding things not popping for them on PS3 should check these settings out.

Now back to your regularly scheduled thread already in progress....

Scotty on
  • Options
    CobellCobell Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Aoi wrote: »

What am I missing?

You're missing something
    You can break a portion of the bar wall. There's a hidden room with the artifact

Cobell on
  • Options
    BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Stuff...

I wouldn't think those two settings would have any real bearing on game graphics. Both of those are about black levels and color saturation/spectrum on the video out signal. You might notice crisper blacks or a slightly more varied color pallate when watching a blu-ray, but those shouldn't effect the detail or sharpness of game graphics.

BlackDragon480 on
    No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Options
    DarkWarriorDarkWarrior __BANNED USERS regular
    edited June 2009
    Fencingsax wrote: »

REwatching, Peck pisses me off to no end. How did he even get all those injunctions without any evidence of what they were dealing with?

EDIT: ANd Sigourney has some rockin' thighs.

DarkWarrior on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Fencingsax wrote: »

REwatching, Peck pisses me off to no end. How did he even get all those injunctions without any evidence of what they were dealing with?
    The thing that amuses me to no end is that he's an EPA agent. The EPA. Really? As for your question, it was the 80's.

Fencingsax on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    The game is so dark.

Unfortunately that's just how 360 games look when my TV is on game mode.

maximumzero on
    FU7kFbw.png
  • Options
    KazhiimKazhiim __BANNED USERS regular
    edited June 2009
    so... how's the wii version?

Kazhiim on
    lost_sig2.png
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Kazhiim wrote: »

Is it crazy that I'm tempted to use my $20 gift card to buy the Wii version?

maximumzero on
    FU7kFbw.png
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Kazhiim wrote: »

Is it crazy that I'm tempted to use my $20 gift card to buy the Wii version?

Nope.:)

Scotty on