As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Rod Blagojevich: in ur senate, sellin ur seats

• Options
    chasmchasm Ill-tempered Texan Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    I was thinking more like an even more inept Snidely Whiplash.

chasm on
    steam_sig.png
    XBL : lJesse Custerl | MWO: Jesse Custer | Best vid ever. | 2nd best vid ever.
  • Options
    The Muffin ManThe Muffin Man Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    He's like...
    You know how in comics there's always the supervillain that no one but the heroes KNOW is a villain? This is Blagojevich. The overly-confident "I can never be caught because my illegal activities are carried out by others" supervillain who gets Spider-man into shit because the cops show up to find Senator Blagoje-Goblins face punched in by the "Webbed Menace".

And the best part of all this?
    The police barge in just as he's bragging about framing Spider-man for murder because he thought he was invincible.

The Muffin Man on
  • Options
    psychotixpsychotix __BANNED USERS regular
    edited January 2009
    moniker wrote: »
    Gosling wrote: »
    Blago knows he's fucked. If he saw any way to save himself, he'd use every trick to go that route.

But he knows there's no hope for him, so I agree that he'll just try and take as many people with him as he can. Burris was just about the biggest possible shitstorm he could have made with the Senate pick. Don't think he won't try and make more shitstorms if he can.

After the impeachment this week it won't matter. Fitzgerald is the reincarnation of Eliot fucking Ness and he won't suffer bullshit well. Ryan's going to have a cell mate up in Wisconsin before the year's out, and the White House is going to remain as clean as it is. They've got the tapes, if anything improper was suggested there would have been more arrests than Blago and his chief of staff.

Yeah, Fitz is a good guy. I'm waiting for him to nail Blago to the wall.

psychotix on
  • Options
    ValcienValcien Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    I guess you were all eye witnesses, since you already decided that he's guilty. Wow.

Valcien on
  • Options
    seasleepyseasleepy Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Valcien wrote: »
    I guess you were all eye witnesses, since you already decided that he's guilty. Wow.
    Er... audio tapes don't really lie. And I'm inclined to believe they aren't lying in this case, as several of Blagojevich's recent statements have been along the lines of "How dare they record me at home! Those were supposed to be private calls!" :|

seasleepy on
    Steam | Nintendo: seasleepy | PSN: seasleepy1
  • Options
    chasmchasm Ill-tempered Texan Registered User regular
    edited January 2009

Are you serious? Is he serious?o_O

chasm on
    steam_sig.png
    XBL : lJesse Custerl | MWO: Jesse Custer | Best vid ever. | 2nd best vid ever.
  • Options
    psychotixpsychotix __BANNED USERS regular
    edited January 2009

We're not the jury and it looks pretty bad for him. At best he's a giant fuckwad, at worst he's guilty.

psychotix on
  • Options
    mcdermottmcdermott Registered User regular
    edited January 2009

...............Rod?

mcdermott on
  • Options
    SavantSavant Simply Barbaric Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    mcdermott wrote: »

...............Rod?

It's too late for him, save yourself before the hair claims another victim!

Savant on
  • Options
    Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009

Dude, seriously?

SERIOUSLY?

The man radiates guilt rays.

Johnny Chopsocky on
    ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
  • Options
    OptimusZedOptimusZed Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    mcdermott wrote: »

...............Rod?
    Even he's not THAT dumb.

Are you.... Governor?

OptimusZed on
    We're reading Rifts. You should too. You know you want to. Now With Ninjas!

They tried to bury us. They didn't know that we were seeds. 2018 Midterms. Get your shit together.
  • Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    edited January 2009

You don't have to be an eyewitness to determine someone's guilt.

Drez on
    Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    MichaelLCMichaelLC In what furnace was thy brain? ChicagoRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Drez wrote: »

Would sure cut down on the whole trial-by-jury thing if only witnesses could be on it.

To be less snarky, I see what Valcien means, as he's not convicted on either the impeechment or the federal case, but yeah, when you have an audio recording of the guy saying he's going to sell the seat.

To my knowledge he never denied it's him, just that it's, "out of context."

MichaelLC on
  • Options
    EmanonEmanon __BANNED USERS regular
    edited January 2009
    psychotix wrote: »

We're not the jury and it looks pretty bad for him. At best he's a giant fuckwad, at worst he's guilty.

Just as much as OJ was guilty of murder but convicted? No. I think the Feds screwed this up royally otherwise Blago would have been indicted by now.

Emanon on
    Treats Animals Right!
  • Options
    OmeksOmeks Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    chasm wrote: »

Are you serious? Is he serious?o_O

The power of the hair has hypnotized his brains.

Omeks on
    Online Info (Click Spoiler for More):
    |Xbox Live Tag: Omeks
    |PSN Tag: Omeks_R7
    |Rock Band: Profile|DLC Collection
    Omeks.png
  • Options
    kildykildy Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    The Fed case seems strong.

The Impeachment case, from the 10 minutes of it I watched, is being handled ineptly and best summed up by "your honor, the dude's a dick!" and then being confused as to why that's not a reason to impeach someone.

kildy on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    kildy wrote: »
    The Fed case seems strong.

The Impeachment case, from the 10 minutes of it I watched, is being handled ineptly and best summed up by "your honor, the dude's a dick!" and then being confused as to why that's not a reason to impeach someone.
    Blago has been on less than civil terms with the legislature for a while now. It's not surprising that they're having trouble locking down the exact reasons for impeachment, what with all the congealed dickery the've got to wade through to get to the actually illegal parts.

OptimusZed on

They tried to bury us. They didn't know that we were seeds. 2018 Midterms. Get your shit together.
  • Options
    KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    MichaelLC wrote: »
    Drez wrote: »

Would sure cut down on the whole trial-by-jury thing if only witnesses could be on it.

To be less snarky, I see what Valcien means, as he's not convicted on either the impeechment or the federal case, but yeah, when you have an audio recording of the guy saying he's going to sell the seat.

To my knowledge he never denied it's him, just that it's, "out of context."

"That phone call was made on opposite day."

KalTorak on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    He could buy some black horn rim glasses and claim he was talking about selling a senate seat ironically!

kildy on
  • Options
    KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    kildy wrote: »
    He could buy some black horn rim glasses and claim he was talking about selling a senate seat erotically!

:winky:

KalTorak on
  • Options
    PantsBPantsB Fake Thomas Jefferson Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Emanon wrote: »

Just as much as OJ was guilty of murder but convicted? No. I think the Feds screwed this up royally otherwise Blago would have been indicted by now.

I. You don't really know much about the pace of the criminal justice system do you?
    II. How do you explain his lawyer quitting if he was going to walk?

PantsB on
    11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
    QEDMF xbl: PantsB G+
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    His lawyer quit because the dude's an aggravating prick more than anything. The media blitz seemed to be the last straw of "if you're paying me to help you, do what I fucking say"

I think there's really no grounds for impeachment YET. The fed case should really go first, not impeach based on assumed guilt in the fed case plus of a lot of "your honor, come on, he's a total dipshit!"

kildy on
  • Options
    monikermoniker Registered User regular
    edited January 2009

Yes, I was an eye witness and he is guilty of the abuses of power that are laid out in the impeachment proceedings. Which are, on their own, enough justification for the Senate to kick him out of office.

What is your point?

moniker on
  • Options
    Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    so whats next for rod? i am actively trying to think of something more rediculous he could say but i'm failing. maybe 'i was convicted because of communist sympathizers have it out for me'

Dunadan019 on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    Dunadan019 wrote: »
    so whats next for rod? i am actively trying to think of something more rediculous he could say but i'm failing. maybe 'i was convicted because of communist sympathizers have it out for me'
    He'll blame it on the Jews.

OptimusZed on

• Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    OptimusZed wrote: »

stealing our vital bodily fluids

nexuscrawler on
  • Options
    yotesyotes Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    OptimusZed wrote: »

stealing our vital bodily fluids

Blagojevich was an anti-fluoridation crusader until the Reptilian Federal Jews caught him on tape saying out-of-context badthings.

See, I wanted to believe that until I found out he's actually pro-fluoride. Thanks Google, you ruined everything.

yotes on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    RandomEngyRandomEngy Registered User regular
    edited January 2009

He was recorded on tape as saying "A senate seat is a fucking valuable thing, you don't just give it away." Ponder that for a moment.

RandomEngy on
    Profile -> Signature Settings -> Hide signatures always. Then you don't have to read this worthless text anymore.
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    http://www.abclocal.go.com/wls/livenow?id=6546124

Impeachment trial is underway again.

With special guest appearances by Rezko references!

kildy on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    PantsB wrote: »
    Emanon wrote: »

I. You don't really know much about the pace of the criminal justice system do you?
    II. How do you explain his lawyer quitting if he was going to walk?

I. I've seen enough Law & Order (original & SVU) to understand the legal system.

II. Blago is a dick.

Emanon on
    Treats Animals Right!
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    You're kidding, right? I honestly can't tell.

Fencingsax on
  • Options
    MichaelLCMichaelLC In what furnace was thy brain? ChicagoRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Fencingsax wrote: »

I know. Second part is true, but first I'm hoping is a joke. Please, please let it be a joke.

MichaelLC on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    Fencingsax wrote: »

Adjust your sarcasm detection meter to level 4.

Emanon on
    Treats Animals Right!
  • Options
    TomantaTomanta Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Anyone watching Blago's closing statement want to give us the highlights of crazy?

Tomanta on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    Technically they'd be his opening, unless you count the recordings as him making a statement. Boycotting it sure was a great idea, genius. It just sucks that the criminal trial is pretty much certain to get a change of venue.

moniker on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    moniker wrote: »
    Technically they'd be his opening, unless you count the recordings as him making a statement. Boycotting it sure was a great idea, genius. It just sucks that the criminal trial is pretty much certain to get a change of venue.

I want him to claim he has stigmata and is Jesus Christ reborn. It's pretty much the only way he can top the last few days...

Tomanta on
  • Options
    PantsBPantsB Fake Thomas Jefferson Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Tomanta wrote: »
    Anyone watching Blago's closing statement want to give us the highlights of crazy?

Its mostly Chewbacca defense with a claim that there is no actual evidence of criminality and that every politician does what he was shown to have done on the tapes.

Transcript

PantsB on
    11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
    QEDMF xbl: PantsB G+
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    CNN reports that the IL Senate has ousted Blago. I think they left out the sub heading: "No one surprised".

Tomanta on
  • Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    edited January 2009
    We just watched them vote live. 59 votes for conviction, 0 votes against.

DJ Eebs on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    WoooHooo!

moniker on