As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Inaug YOUR ation

• Options
    BusterKBusterK Negativity is Boring Cynicism is Cowardice Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Bush has declared a state of emergency in Washington to authorize more security for the inauguration
    I hope all you attending without tickets don't get roughed up

BusterK on
    Visit http://www.cruzflores.com for all your Cruz Flores needs. Also listen to the podcast I do with Penguin Incarnate http://wgsgshow.podomatic.com
    Amazon Wishlist: http://www.amazon.com/BusterK/wishlist/3JPEKJGX9G54I/ref=cm_wl_search_bin_1
  • Options
    sdrawkcaB emaNsdrawkcaB emaN regular
    edited January 2009
    I am better than yoooooouuuuuu

Photo71.jpg

Photo68.jpgPhoto69-1.jpg

Photo70.jpg

sdrawkcaB emaN on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    Photo69-2-1.jpg

sdrawkcaB emaN on
  • Options
    EvanderEvander Disappointed Father Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    If Gravel had been a serious contender, emaN, our positions may have been reversed

(not that I was already working for Gravel, but that I liked him enough that if he had actually had a chance, I would have been out there for him.)

Evander on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    Photo69-2-1.jpg

I heard we get jumbotrons out there

(I am am still debating if I want to go to the speech or the parade, since it looks like it'll be impossible to do both.)

Evander on
  • Options
    fightinfilipinofightinfilipino Angry as Hell #BLMRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    dammit Sam go and rub it in why doncha

fightinfilipino on
    ffNewSig.png
    steam | Dokkan: 868846562
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    BusterK wrote: »
    Bush has declared a state of emergency in Washington to authorize more security for the inauguration

Bush is going to use the state of emergency to justify postponing the inauguration!

Evander on
  • Options
    BusterKBusterK Negativity is Boring Cynicism is Cowardice Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Evander wrote: »
    BusterK wrote: »

Bush is going to use the state of emergency to justify postponing the inauguration!

I don't think he wants to be President a day longer than he has to

BusterK on
    Visit http://www.cruzflores.com for all your Cruz Flores needs. Also listen to the podcast I do with Penguin Incarnate http://wgsgshow.podomatic.com
    Amazon Wishlist: http://www.amazon.com/BusterK/wishlist/3JPEKJGX9G54I/ref=cm_wl_search_bin_1
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    dammit Sam go and rub it in why doncha

8-)

sdrawkcaB emaN on
  • Options
    Kuribo's ShoeKuribo's Shoe Kuribo's Stocking North PoleRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    god, you'd think you were the one being inaugurated

Kuribo's Shoe on
    xmassig2.gif
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    god, you'd think you were the one being inaugurated

someboooody's jealooooouuuuuus

sdrawkcaB emaN on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    no, not really

even though you are trying really hard

I just don't care about this sort of thing

Kuribo's Shoe on
    xmassig2.gif
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    besides I've seen how these things go

everyone gets a medal except the wookiee

it's bullshit

Kuribo's Shoe on
    xmassig2.gif
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    besides I've seen how these things go

everyone gets a medal except the wookiee

it's bullshit

you're telling me

(seriously, though, emaN, you're reminding me of why I hated Obama supporters so much during the election.)

Evander on
  • Options
    Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood My baby's in there someplace She crawled right inRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Yes, enthusiasm about one's chosen political candidate is truly a despicable thing.

Clint Eastwood on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    Because my issue is clearly their enthusiasm...

Evander on
  • Options
    Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood My baby's in there someplace She crawled right inRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Please, enlighten me then

Clint Eastwood on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    I am better than yoooooouuuuuu

Do I need to go on?

Evander on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    oh okay.

Clint Eastwood on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    Well shit I mean what's the fun if I don't get to rub it in other people's faces. Isn't that the point of getting anything nice?

Also I think it's hardly fair to paint all Obama supporters with my own over-developed sense of Schadenfreude

sdrawkcaB emaN on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    Well shit I mean what's the fun if I don't get to rub it in other people's faces. Isn't that the point of getting anything nice?

Also I think it's hardly fair to paint all Obama supporters with my own over-developed sense of Schadenfreude

Hey, I voted for Obama, and I've been squirreling away various Obama related mementos in a box to show future generations of my family. I even have one of these (the one up at the top. It's already in my wallet.)

It's just that for all of the millions of folks who were totally fine about it, a few loud guys being rude made it REALLY annoying.

Evander on
  • Options
    edited January 2009

Hey, I voted for Obama, and I've been squirreling away various Obama related mementos in a box to show future generations of my family. I even have one of these (the one up at the top. It's already in my wallet.)

It's just that for all of the millions of folks who were totally fine about it, a few loud guys being rude made it REALLY annoying.

Well if I can't be a rude douche on SE++ I just don't know what everything's come to

sdrawkcaB emaN on
  • Options
    edited January 2009

Well if I can't be a rude douche on SE++ I just don't know what everything's come to

I'm not telling you to stop.

I'm commenting on the assholes who did that stuff IRL.

Like the lady who tried to tell me to vote for Obama during the primaries, and when I politely told her that I had already done the research and made up my mind on Gravel, she responded "Oh, is he still running?"

Evander on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    But that's her job, man. Unless she was just some random lady and not somebody who was working for Obama.

Clint Eastwood on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    Cloudman wrote: »
    But that's her job, man. Unless she was just some random lady and not somebody who was working for Obama.

It is her job to either not know who else is running, or else belittle the other candidates?

Her approaching me in the first place was not the issue.

Evander on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    Obviously i wasn't there so I can't judge the situation but it sounds like a pretty innocuous comment to me. Hell, I liked Gravel too but I think we can both admit he was one of the more fringe candidates of the primaries. It's too bad really, I liked some of the dude's ideas.

Clint Eastwood on
  • Options
    KovakKovak did a lot of drugs married cher?Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    i just love telling everyone that i get to go to the inauguration because i smoked weed

it goes like this

how did you get tickets

smokin weed 8-)

Kovak on
  • Options
    KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Kovak wrote: »
    i just love telling everyone that i get to go to the inauguration because i smoked weed

it goes like this

how did you get tickets

smokin weed 8-)

Did you blow it in some congressperson's stupid monkey face? And he just had to sit there grooooovin' on it?

KalTorak on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    Obviously i wasn't there so I can't judge the situation but it sounds like a pretty innocuous comment to me. Hell, I liked Gravel too but I think we can both admit he was one of the more fringe candidates of the primaries. It's too bad really, I liked some of the dude's ideas.

If you're going to take to the streets, you probably should have glanced at your sample ballot.

The issue for me was the folks pretending that Obama should be a foregone conclusion, and anyone taking a moment to think was risking letting him fail. The vast majority of folks were NOTHING like this, but the few who were was enough to keep me away from any sort of campaign process.

This was the response I got from a guy when I turned down his offer to go canvassing with him:
    Your willingness to lay down and be fucked over by your country concerns me...Oh, and if McCain wins, you're going to feel really, really bad, as you should.

The only reason I didn't switch to independant after the primaries (with the intention of voting for Obama, but zero interest in partisan party politics) is my extreme laziness to drop off a form at the courthouse, even though I litterally work nextdoor to it.

Evander on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    That's a pretty shitty thing of that guy to say.

I didn't canvass or do anything beyond donating ten bucks, and look, Obama cornholed good ol' WALNUTS so we coo now.

Clint Eastwood on
  • Options
    edited January 2009

I didn't canvass or do anything beyond donating ten bucks, and look, Obama cornholed good ol' WALNUTS so we coo now.

I fought the urge to write in "Senator Government" and actually voted for Obama instead.

That is how I supported Obama.

(I DID write in "the troops" for board of education, because I support them too)

Evander on
  • Options
    MKRMKR Registered User regular
    edited January 2009

I fought the urge to write in "Senator Government" and actually voted for Obama instead.

That is how I supported Obama.

(I DID write in "the troops" for board of education, because I support them too)

Everyone should write in Laura Roslin for any education posting.

MKR on
  • Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    There is a chance we also got seats to the inauguration

no watching it on the big screen for us!

Javen on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    so, what is going on with the planning of happenings?

does anyone know where and when they will be staying yet?

Evander on
  • Options
    FizFiz Registered User regular
    edited January 2009

It's because you are attractive and when attractive guys are rude it hurts so much more :(

Fiz on
    juggcat.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2009

We're not staying in the city but we'll be there most of the time tuesday wednesday and thursday. Not sure what's up for Monday since I can't remember when Sheri gets in and how long it will take to get out of the city.

Javen on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    Javen wrote: »

We're not staying in the city but we'll be there most of the time tuesday wednesday and thursday. Not sure what's up for Monday since I can't remember when Sheri gets in and how long it will take to get out of the city.

Where outside of the city are you staying?

Evander on
  • Options
    edited January 2009

Can't remember the town offhand, you'd have to ask Sheri.

I know we're taking the Marc in each day, though.

Javen on
  • Options
    edited January 2009

Can't remember the town offhand, you'd have to ask Sheri.

I know we're taking the Marc in each day, though.

that at least places you on the maryland side

Evander on
  • Options
    JustPlainPavekJustPlainPavek Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    I live a thirty minute's walk from the mall and I am going to be there with the unticketed masses at 6:00 AM.

JustPlainPavek on
This discussion has been closed.