As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[OMNOMNOM on] Dawn of War 2: Realistic Nids!

• Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Croak are you guys getting held up because of the CoH balance patch at all?

Zen Vulgarity on
  • KinderpartyKinderparty Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Guys. The Warlock also made himself a music video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gma5IUNMTn0&feature=related

Kinderparty on
  • CroakCroak Registered User regular
    edited March 2009

Nope, different process, different team.

Croak on
  • AegeriAegeri Tiny wee bacteriums Plateau of LengRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Croak wrote: »

Nope, different process, different team.

So which is the team that gets the endless free pizza and strippers?

Be honest.

Aegeri on
    The Roleplayer's Guild: My blog for roleplaying games, advice and adventuring.
  • valtzyvaltzy Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    zen and i are looking for a third

we're sitting in vent

zen will be using the WSE

come join us!

valtzy on
  • GoombaGoomba __BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2009
    More like Warp Spider... Overp...arch.

Goomba on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • AkiraAkira Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Akira wrote: »
    Foefaller wrote: »
    Dark_Side wrote: »
    Man, that would be a wishlist item for me, being able to hold a button to force a vehicle to back up would be a nice luxury.

It's something we're looking into, along with a ranged/melee toggle button, in an upcoming "usability" patch in a few weeks. No promises, but we are discussing it.

On an unrelated note, our e-peen is deflating, so if any of you are bored or give a damn, take a minute to go vote for us on The Escapist, we're in a close fight with Activision-Blizzard. :)

Only if you tell us more about upcomming patches!!

...oh hell, I'm doing it anyway, but more info would be nice...

Well, besides obligatory balance changes, and new maps, what else can I tell you?

Hmm, how about a not immediate future, but not distant future either teaser:
    More multi-player game modes.

Do you know if you're going to be doing a beta for the balance patch? And if so, any idea when it would be?

Soon(tm).

Ok Croak!

So new game modes, maybe something co-op vs AI? Sometimes I just want to do team games with friends without the whole dealing with random online jerks thing.

Akira on
    akira.gif
  • CroakCroak Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    We've got plans for that too, but a bit further out.

Croak on
  • TychoCelchuuuTychoCelchuuu PIGEON Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Stupid compstompers ruining my games. Screw that.

TychoCelchuuu on
  • MedanMedan Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I take it this is all free content, any hints on DLC?

Medan on
  • rtsrts Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Yes I would really like to pay for something please.

rts on
  • PancakePancake Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I would really like to pay for a really good Eldar campaign.

Pancake on
    wAgWt.jpg
    edited March 2009

Compstomp is pretty boring and I don't think I've even played one in DoW2, but the campaign content was pretty strong, I just want something of that caliber with 3+ players and with more replayability or randomization. You could just take the campaign leveling/skill/wargear system and add it to something like the Stonewall scenario in Tales of Valor, just having it so you can get to max level over the course of one game.

Akira on
    akira.gif
    edited March 2009
    Sup, dickhead?

Goomba on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • LurkLurk Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    One thing that I would love is a game type that plays like the actual tabletop. You have a certain amount of points in the beginning of the game and you use spend it to get units. Better units cost more resources. It would be a quick and like a deathmatch where your unit control is what matters most.

Lurk on
    415429-1.png?1281464977
  • BloodySlothBloodySloth Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Lurk wrote: »
    One thing that I would love is a game type that plays like the actual tabletop. You have a certain amount of points in the beginning of the game and you use spend it to get units. Better units cost more resources. It would be a quick and like a deathmatch where your unit control is what matters most.

100% this. There is an issue, though, in that it would still play out very differently due to the way the games are balanced. Many of the units would likely need an overhaul.

BloodySloth on
  • DodgeBlanDodgeBlan PSN: dodgeblanRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009

uh what matters more than unit control right now?

DodgeBlan on
    Read my blog about AMERICA and THE BAY AREA

https://medium.com/@alascii
    edited March 2009
    DodgeBlan wrote: »

What race you play and hero choice.

Aegeri on
    edited March 2009
    It's basically Dawn of War 2 lite. Best way of describing it would be a straight up deathmatch that would work best with a team. You would draft units before each fight and try to play of your races strengths. Go in fight and be done in 10 minutes instead of the longer games you normally see.

Lurk on
    415429-1.png?1281464977
  • CanisAquilusCanisAquilus Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Aegeri wrote: »

Hes right though, micro and unit control are pretty much on par with any strategic plan you might have in dow2.

CanisAquilus on
    edited March 2009

Hes right though, micro and unit control are pretty much on par with any strategic plan you might have in dow2.
    Hahahahardly.

Goomba on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2009
    Hey Croak if you're still reading the threat please nerf the Ravener.

If you can't balance it like this week just take it out of the game until the balance patch ok?

Akira on
    akira.gif
    edited March 2009
    Can he remove the entire Eldar race while he's at it?

Aegeri on
    edited March 2009
    Did you know that two squads of Spore Mines will instantly kill a Tactical Squad with a Sergeant upgrade?

And that a Ravener can tunnel beside your Tactical Marines so said Spore Mines can deploy right beside your Tactical Marines, giving you no chance to dodge or shoot them?

Allowing a Ravener player to destroy 640 Requisition and 55 Power of Space Marine units (assuming they have a Plasma Gun) for the cost of a cooldown and 200 Requisition and 30 Power?

And that there is no counter for this and can be done every 100 seconds?

Kill all Raveners/if you play Ravener kill yourself.

Akira on
    akira.gif
    edited March 2009
    Did you know that two squads of Spore Mines will instantly kill a Tactical Squad with a Sergeant upgrade?

And that a Ravener can tunnel beside your Tactical Marines so said Spore Mines can deploy right beside your Tactical Marines, giving you no chance to dodge or shoot them?

Allowing a Ravener player to destroy 640 Requisition and 55 Power of Space Marine units (assuming they have a Plasma Gun) for the cost of a cooldown and 200 Requisition and 30 Power?

That's nothing compared to how OP warp spiders are. They can teleport so much.

Goomba on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2009
    Ok here's an even better idea than just removing the Ravener until the patch. Stealth-patch the game so using the Tunnel ability just instantly kills the Ravener, then pretend it's a new bug and don't fix it for like 2 or 3 months.

Akira on
    akira.gif
  • Corp.ShephardCorp.Shephard Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Just to feed the ravener hate (and maybe some critique?) heres a battle against a legit ravener.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=UJDVNP0A

I thought I played a great game, but fuck.

Corp.Shephard on
  • Dark_SideDark_Side Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Goomba wrote: »

Except Warp Spiders do dick all damage until you upgrade them anyway.

Dark_Side on
  • CrayonCrayon Sleeps in the wrong bed. TejasRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Ok, so I finally ran into nothing but ravener players today. I played as eldar, as ork and as apothecary and I couldn't do a damn thing against terrible players. I mean, shit, I'm not that great...but these people were just bad and I couldn't beat them.

I hadn't played many raveners prior to today-so I'll concede that they blow but that's all I'll say and be done with it.

Crayon on
  • PancakePancake Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Dark_Side wrote: »

Except Warp Spiders do dick all damage until you upgrade them anyway.

Part of your post is fallacious.

Pancake on
    wAgWt.jpg
    edited March 2009

Hahahahardly.

Really? You build dramatically different units depending on your opponents race?

Edit: Actually thinking about it I may be being a little unfair, my tyranid build is pretty different from the other three.

CanisAquilus on
  • SpiritbardSpiritbard Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Me n Caspian are looking for a 3rd if anyone's interested.

We're waiting on vent.

Spiritbard on
    edited March 2009
    No, Canem. A terrible player can win spamming AG warriors or tac marines, at least most of the time.

Goomba on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2009
    No, Canem. A terrible player can win spamming AG warriors or tac marines, at least most of the time.

See... I woudnt dignify that kind of thing by calling it a "Strategy."

Nor is there an awfully clear strategy one can build to counter those... things. So what does your ability to counter them come down to?

Superior unit control. At least thats how I see it.

CanisAquilus on
    edited March 2009
    Can't sleep. I am wondering if the Ravener is viable if I avoid using his tunnels altogether and use him as a normal hero.

Lurk on
    415429-1.png?1281464977
  • SepahSepah Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    But then why play as the Ravener, instead of the Lictor or Hive Tyrant?

Sepah on
    edited March 2009

Nor is there an awfully clear strategy one can build to counter those... things. So what does your ability to counter them come down to?

Basically AG warriors or tac spam matter more than micro. That's what they were saying.

Goomba on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2009
    Even without the tunnels hes pretty damn good. Highest HP of any ranged hero, highest base dps unless I'm mistaken. Then you've got crippling talon, because god knows it was so easy to run away from the melee blob before the unbreakable snare.

Its like the banshees pre-nerf warshout which suppressed retreating units, except unlike that horrendously overpowered ability, crippling talons dont need to hit the unit after they hit the retreat key.

Basically AG warriors or tac spam matter more than micro. That's what they were saying.

Yeah when someone pulls that shit you need to oumicro them like crazy if you want a shot at winning. Theres no hard counter to that kind of thing, esp warriors.

CanisAquilus on
    edited March 2009
    I mostly want to try it as an experiment to see how effective a hero he is. I would normally use Lictor Alpha, but I would like to try the Ravener again without feeling like a puppy murderer.

Lurk on
    415429-1.png?1281464977
    edited March 2009
    I like his AoE melee upgrade that turns him into a powerhouse and the thing that makes units slowed after they hit him so you force melee and the units hit him and move slower and it's SO AWESOME I LOVE THE RAVENER SO MUCH

Goomba on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]