Options

The I draw stuff because I can place NSFW lots of stuffz on OP

• Options
    RandomActionRandomAction Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    I don't think he was using a reference.

If you want to practice natural cloth fold lines, you should use photo references. They'll also help you with you're positioning as well, as you'll be should be able to see problems in you're drawing more clearly with a photo reference.

RandomAction on
    [SIGPIC]http://random2action.com[/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    LoomdunLoomdun Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    yah I will, that was just a "oh snap I finished studying lets see what happens when I try it"

and then I got a zombie

Loomdun on
    splat
  • Options
    bwaniebwanie Posting into the void Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    loom why do all of your characters have clownfeet?

bwanie on
    Yh6tI4T.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Because they are all clowns

ROUND TWOOO WITH IMAGINARY CLOTH I used a picture without cloth on, and thenn I placed the cloth on myself

myself.jpg

CLOWN FEET

these obviously aren't value studies mind you, It's basically what can I do to a figure in a short amount of time, like 15 minutes, If I mess up, rather then trying to erase fix I just erase the entire picture and start over. Unless its minor tweak erasings such as the form under it as I add cloth.

edit: its my last break before I go to laafa, the least I can do is cut down the time I study for a few weeks before I start feeling unbearably guilty that i'm not studying and spare myself from imploding

Loomdun on
    splat
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    if I don't doodle at least 1 thing a day I will implode so heres a doodle

weeeeeeeeeeee.jpg

edit: its just shoddy lines rather then using black to white scale brush strokes to pull out the variation of value, because its cheaper and faster and I dont want to spend more then 20 minutes on this poop

Loomdun on
    splat
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    so I made this drawing after heavy study

jesuschrist.jpg

Loomdun on
    splat
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    fleh

Whyhello.jpg

Loomdun on
    splat
  • Options
    bwaniebwanie Posting into the void Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    you draw some weird looking garments Loomdun.

bwanie on
    Yh6tI4T.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Hey..... I drew one figure in normal garments

Loomdun on
    splat
  • Options
    MetalbourneMetalbourne Inside a cluster b personalityRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Loomdun wrote: »
    so I made this drawing after heavy study

jesuschrist.jpg

surprisingly good composition.

Metalbourne on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    so i'm going to try to turn this into a entire picture that has value in it

flyingweee.jpg

Loomdun on
    splat
  • Options
    Shiekahn_boyShiekahn_boy Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    The plane should be a folded dollar bill.

That puts in value to it right?

Shiekahn_boy on
    "your a moron you know that wolves have packs wich they rely on nd they could ever here of lone wolves? you an idiot and your gay, wolves have packs and are smart with tactics" - Youtube Wolf Enthusiast.
    What the fuck are you people even arguing about? Shut up.
  • Options
    AlienMastermindAlienMastermind Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    This picture is awesome. I am waiting for finished product, here. :)

The idea is really cool...it's reminiscent of old-school MTV interstitial art.

To me, that's a good thing.

AlienMastermind on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    ugh I hope i'm not becoming a tam as in I make assignments up but never execute them. Anyways I wanted to play around with the composition a bit more. Plus i'm being really lazy right now so I havn't done anything except spend just another 30 minutes.

weeeeeflying.jpg

Loomdun on
    splat
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    So i'm starting to add value to the thingy and ground and whatever, WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK.

I've never done this before so i'm just like "durrr lets treat it like a painting"

weeeeeflying-1.jpg

edit: AM I EVEN DOING THIS RIGHT? HURGH

Loomdun on
    splat
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    This ones a little older but I kind of forgot about placing it in here,

Thesandisrunningout-2.jpg

I sure do like drawing those two identical people a lot

The next drawing i do i'll draw someone different

Loomdun on
    splat
  • Options
    backspacebackspace Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Loomdun-

Love your stuff! Keep up the excellent work, you've got A LOT of talent there!

backspace on
    Look, the elves were dead when i got here...
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    woah a compliment

Loomdun on
    splat
  • Options
    Shiekahn_boyShiekahn_boy Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Whoa, A talking chinchilla.

But on a serious note, you have been improving. I like the idea with paper airplanes. Someone been listening to MIA?

I would trick out my airplanes. Draw flames n stuff on it since it would fly farther.

Shiekahn_boy on
    "your a moron you know that wolves have packs wich they rely on nd they could ever here of lone wolves? you an idiot and your gay, wolves have packs and are smart with tactics" - Youtube Wolf Enthusiast.
    What the fuck are you people even arguing about? Shut up.
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    what

whats a mia

Loomdun on
    splat
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    ANYWHO! I was working on this and I thought "say that black and white sure is boring I wana add color" so I added some color, I'm going to colorrrr the copter next

weeeeeflying-2.jpg

edit: and now i'm going to not work on this and dance around in circles

Loomdun on
    splat
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    THis is sooo much fun, I'm learning when to let go of things, what tools to play around with, how to make things flay and yada yada. I've spent like 5 hours on this but the entire thing is just for me to play around and get a bit use to photoshop. I'm havinggg a blast

Theres been a lot of erasing and stuff so while it doesn't look like much progress, most of it has been me going "hmmm" then erasing crap and re-adding and erasing again and re-adding and trying to see if I can just adjust something, whether that saves time or not, usually it takes more time to try to make something work that looks wrong, AND IT USUALLLY looks wrong still anyways. so now i'm just starting to erase anything if I dont like it. SOOO MUCH FUN RAAWRARAGH

weeeeeflying-4.jpg

taking a breakkk

Loomdun on
    splat
  • Options
    GodfatherGodfather Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Is that Photoshop or the GIMP?

I just downloaded GIMP because i'm too damn poor, and to be honest photoshop/GIMP scare me to death.

Godfather on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    its photoshopppp

Loomdun on
    splat
  • Options
    TamTam Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    I don't know if the metaphor is intentional, but I like the idea of escaping from reality on imagination.

well

I'd like it for a little while, at least

Tam on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Thats generally what those two people of me represent, the one in the trench coat is imagination while the one in the normal clothes is reality, and basically whenever i use them it would be a conflict between the two in one way or another

Loomdun on
    splat
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    That's a pretty cool character design, Loom

Tam on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    thankssss

edit: I'll obviously be doing different people in the future, but these guys will be used a lot in the future depending what the situation is

Loomdun on
    splat
  • Options
    bombardierbombardier Moderator mod
    edited June 2009
    bombardier on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    yah I'm just going to erase the whole thing and start over on the helicopter I should really try working with just more then one picture I want to make this thing work but I dont know if i'm even capable of making it right meh

Loomdun on
    splat
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    anyways I used

AH-64D_Apache_Longbow.jpg

as a reference because well yah. I draw shitty hello copter kitty's

I'm going to be recoloring this in, it should go a lot faster now that i'm more use to working photoshops magical ness

weeeeeflying-6.jpg

(I disabled the sky its there its just disabled so I can draw under everything)

Loomdun on
    splat
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Well that was a fun hour, I did a general outline of where the wings will be but i'm going to add curve to them such as the image indicated occurs once they start being all spinny like if anyone wants to say how much they hate me I will promptly respond once I wake up tomorrow.

( i looked over a blueprint design of a helicopter to so I could know what the wing looks like without being in motion if anyones concerned)

weeeeeflying-7.jpg

edit: I bet you cant guess who the pilot will be

Loomdun on
    splat
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    That is the greatest feeling when you finally figure out something annoyingly simple yet complicated I think the wings are right, i'm going to let this settle and then come back to it in a few hours to give it a double take over to make sure i'm not just going insane and telling myself its right.

weeeeeflying-10.jpg

the wings are a tad short though, I could increase its length

Loomdun on
    splat
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    I understand the helicopter blade, I'll just have to put it into perspective, its amazing how fast 30 minutes can pass by in comparison to trying to just fix a freaking blade and still fail

weeeeeflying-13.jpg

Loomdun on
    splat
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

weeeeeflying-15.jpg

i've decided screw it, i'm just going to try to draw the thing first completely.

Loomdun on
    splat
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    I refuse to let me first attempt at drawing something fall to shitty mc shitty ness REFUSEE I SAYYY anyways hereee it is a little more, I'm being slow now, super slow. This better work in the end

weeeeeflying-16.jpg

Loomdun on
    splat
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    I thought people might find it funny that I finally drew a different person for once

littlelady.jpg

I just kind of popped it out of my head in a few minutes, drawing the figure seems to be becoming easier and easier

Loomdun on
    splat
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    I have no idea if this is useful for anyone, but this is my first time approaching technical stuff like machines, and so this took me a really long time to figure out, i'm hoping that this stuff that I put together as i learned will helppp others.

okay soooooooooooooooooooo, I took about 3 days off, and during those 3 days I kept thinking, whyyy is it wrong, why do I do it wrong, why does it keep becoming malformed, ect ect. Soooo after thinking about this for 3 days I thought "The basic boxes are to big and even though i'm using boxes, i'm tricking myself by over complicating it even though boxes should be simple by trying to fit the shape rather then only think perspective"

So I made up a nifty set of steps that can be used for anything no matter how annoying it is, first off I took its shape, the helicopter I wanted to make started off small then grew, but i'm going from big to small so instead I simply broke it down into 2 boxes, both shrinking in perspective, after this I decided to treat the entire helicopter as a skeleton, the size of the skeleton therefore didn't need to matter but merely indicate where its going and where things aim out along its little magical trip.

makingaplanestep1.jpg

nowww after I finished making up that with the vanishing point I thought "Huh, this actually looks like something" sooo I thought wow, is something right happening? So I took the actual size of the helicopter and then used the guidline of the skeleton to create this

makingaplanestep2b.jpg

without the skeleton its this

makingaplanestep2.jpg

Sooo now I'm feeling pretttty sexy, Because oh snap, I got something that looks like it could possibly be a helicopter, maybe I should keep going off this. I might climax though from the excitement BUT I CONTINUE.

so blah blah I just use the first skeleton thingy I made and I shape up the basic attatchment thingies to the helicopter yada yada

makingaplanestep3.jpg

oh thats pretty neat now i'm adding more attachments with perspective, getting cocky, so I add... A DUCK

makingaplanestep4.jpg

and here is it without the skeleton thingy

makingaplanestep4b.jpg

and now i'm being all cocky and i'm like WOOPS I FORGOT I SUCK ASS IN DRAWING and then I made a shitty mistake, from the very beginning, which was I forgot to make a straight line for the bottom half all the way to the ending apparently which caused the helicopter to curve on the bottom part

makingaplanestep5OOPS.jpg

which was fortunatelyyy easy to change

after that was fixed there was really nothing left, all there was to this was just putting those boxes out and making the skeleton was the only tough part. Shaping everything was just kind of like frosting and so this is where i'm at right now

weeeeeflying-18.jpg

I'll be adding more things to it, More edges and more bulky helicopter thingies on it, but i'm over-all happy with this method and intend to use it a lot in the future, the helicopter spinny thing on top, GOD I LOVE MY VOCABULARY THANK YOU EVERYONE FOR NOT READING THIS.

Loomdun on
    splat
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    where are the rotor and blades I am disappointed

Tam on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    There on vacation

Those willlll be doneee tomorrrowwww