As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The Second Annual Triwizard Drinking Tournament (Official Thread)

• Options
    shugaraeshugarae Phoenix, AZRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Even though I'm a Ravenclaw at heart, I'll be joining !Gryffindor with my husband (dimp, already signed up), who is really in denial about being a slytherin...

Think it's too late to turn this volturi cape into a proper set of wizard robes? j/k :lol:

shugarae on
    Omeganaut class of '08. Fuck Peggle. Omeganaut class of '17 West. Fuck Rainbow Road.
    The Best in Terms of Pants on JCCC3
  • Options
    NikolisNikolis Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Alright, I guess I'll be signing up for Gryffindor. Two slots, since my girlfriend doesn't post on here. If that team is filled up we will happily switch us to team Slytherin. At least I will be happy about the switch :P

Nikolis on
    Nklus.png
  • Options
    Atlus ParkerAtlus Parker Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Seems like only the bravest and the boldest are signing up for Gryffindor.

Atlus Parker on
  • Options
    SlickShughesSlickShughes Registered User regular
    edited April 2009

As well it should be! Ravenclaw and Slytherin play to the top demographics of these boards - shy nerds and sociopaths.

SlickShughes on
  • Options
    tehnakkitehnakki Registered User regular
    edited April 2009

As well it should be! Ravenclaw and Slytherin play to the top demographics of these boards - shy nerds and sociopaths.

And Hufflepuff only appeals to the AWESOME which is why there are so few of us :P

tehnakki on
    Hufflepuff for lief, muthafuckers!

the 'teh' is silent: eljay ~ * ~ twitter ~ * ~ ravelry ~ * ~ last.fm
  • Options
    sedlorsedlor Registered User regular
    edited April 2009

Now its not nice to call Slytherins shy or nerdy, they may be so but its still not nice.

And I cant believe that you let Zankabo be Head boy.
    We are so doomed:cry:

sedlor on
  • Options
    KaitouAyashiKaitouAyashi Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    I would like to pledge my allegiance to !Gryffindor.

Now time to start building up my tolerance and practicing shots.

KaitouAyashi on
    [15:02] BigRed-Worky: i will nom all of your boxes
    [15:02] Tajah: I like you BR but I'm not letting you nom my box
    [15:02] BigRed-Worky: Did I mention I hate you all? cause i do
    PAX Twitter Shitter~*~ Retired Bar Liaison: 2nd, 3rd, & 4th Annual Triwizard Drinking Tournament~*~
  • Options
    MaoChanMaoChan Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Is anyone going to get to be a Dementor, going around somehow screwing with people through out the night being a dick? Cuz I am definitely down for that.

MaoChan on
  • Options
    DimpDimp Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    shugarae wrote: »
    Even though I'm a Ravenclaw at heart, I'll be joining !Gryffindor with my husband (dimp, already signed up), who is really in denial about being a slytherin...

Think it's too late to turn this volturi cape into a proper set of wizard robes? j/k :lol:

she isnt joking

Dimp on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Dimp wrote: »
    shugarae wrote: »

she isnt joking

In light of this I'm reinstating the Twilight theme.

Atlus Parker on
  • Options
    ZankaboZankabo Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    sedlor wrote: »

Now its not nice to call Slytherins shy or nerdy, they may be so but its still not nice.

And I cant believe that you let Zankabo be Head boy.
    We are so doomed:cry:

I'm gonna find us a Dragon! It'll be fun!

Zankabo on
    Better a witty fool than to have a foolish wit....
  • Options
    MeeOkMeeOk Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    This should be interesting, because yay apparently myself and at least one other person going on this have low tolerance. So. Don't buy me tons of drinks, damn it. Else I'll feel obligated to drink them and drinking beyond a certain point = bad for me.

MeeOk on
  • Options
    MetaverseNomadMetaverseNomad Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    MeeOk wrote: »
    This should be interesting, because yay apparently myself and at least one other person going on this have low tolerance. So. Don't buy me tons of drinks, damn it. Else I'll feel obligated to drink them and drinking beyond a certain point = bad for me.

... You know that if you say that, it'll just encourage everyone, right? You know that, right?

MetaverseNomad on
  • Options
    SumiSumi Abbotsford, BCRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009

You could always just drink, throw up, and having a newly cleared stomach, start all over again.

Sumi on
    Standard Action, it's a webseries.
  • Options
    MeeOkMeeOk Registered User regular
    edited April 2009

... You know that if you say that, it'll just encourage everyone, right? You know that, right?

......no. Damn it. I do mean it sincerely. And I do know a decent amount of the people I'll be around, so I think I should be okay.

MeeOk on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Sumi wrote: »

You could always just drink, throw up, and having a newly cleared stomach, start all over again.

Puke and rally!

SlickShughes on
  • Options
    CaptainTapoleCaptainTapole Awesome in the Possum - Yee-Haw! Northern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009

Nay not worry, Darling. I, too, will be like that. I'm just the instigator--to encourage my teammates to man/woman up to drink more...and be the Soberific Pole of Stability.

CaptainTapole on
    The Girl Who Gave Everyone the Shortest Jenga Game Ever.
  • Options
    edited April 2009

Puke and rally!

Yeah and pretty soon after that you won't have any stomach lining left. The alcohol will just enter directly into your blood stream. It's smooth sailing from there.

Sumi on
  • Options
    MaoChanMaoChan Registered User regular
    edited April 2009

Puke and rally!

Yeah and pretty soon after that you won't have any stomach lining left. The alcohol will just enter directly into your blood stream. It's smooth sailing from there.

Boot 'n Rally is the only way though to get through 20+ games of beer pong when you play with death cups though.

Don't worry MeeOk, I am always a venerable drink shield should someone need a few blows to be absorbed, just hand them to me. :rotate:

MaoChan on
  • Options
    VThornheartVThornheart Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    I'd like to remind everyone, Hufflepuff + Ravenclaw = BFFs!

So tell me where my Huffles at (uh uh)
    Now tell me where my Huffles at (uh huh)

=)

VThornheart on
    3DS Friend Code: 1950-8938-9095
  • Options
    PeasantDavePeasantDave Jersey ShoreRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009

Don't give away my secret!

PeasantDave on
  • Options
    edited April 2009

=)

There's like...2 huffles.

Atlus Parker on
  • Options
    edited April 2009

=)

There's like...2 huffles.

Shush you! ;)<3

VThornheart on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Huffles in the House! What what?
    Huffles in the House!!

Awww, and we do love the ravenclaws!! HRAA for life! We're gonna pwn the grys and slythers!
    s320x240

tehnakki on

• Options
    MetaverseNomadMetaverseNomad Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    tehnakki wrote: »
    Huffles in the House! What what?
    Huffles in the House!!

Awww, and we do love the ravenclaws!! HRAA for life! We're gonna pwn the grys and slythers!
    s320x240

awwww!!! hahaha, <3 VT and tehnakki!!!

MetaverseNomad on
  • Options
    AzazelAzazel Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Hmmm, Slytherin is looking really welcoming right now....

Azazel on
  • Options
    TherosTheros Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    checking in with !Slytherin, bwa ha ha.

Theros on
  • Options
    redhaloredhalo Also a Professional Alcoholic Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Azazel wrote: »
    Hmmm, Slytherin is looking really welcoming right now....

It's a little thing we like to call deception.

redhalo on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Theros wrote: »

And with that Slytherin has reached the soft cap. With the way things are going I may just have to dissolve Hufflepuff. :P

Atlus Parker on
  • Options
    ukiyo eukiyo e Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Theros wrote: »

And with that Slytherin has reached the soft cap. With the way things are going I may just have to dissolve Hufflepuff. :P

If it means that we can adopt more Slytherins then i fully support this idea.

ukiyo e on
    1EAFQ.gif
  • Options
    slacktronslacktron Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Why no love for Hufflepuff?

The badger is an awesome mascot, capable of fighting off much larger animals such as wolves, coyotes and bears. (wikipedia)

Black and Yellow are great colors.

The best "of age" Triwizard came from that house.

So why are they unpopular?

Oh yeah, it's because they're named Hufflepuff.

slacktron on
    slacktron_zombie_fighter_sig.jpg
  • Options
    AzazelAzazel Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    I would just merge Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff into their alliance that they wanted anyways :-P

Nice thing about 3 houses would be that you would be able to see every other person on the pub crawl at some point in the night, although you probably have to change around the order of the bars.

Azazel on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Hm. The Twilight theme was based on three groups.

Atlus Parker on
  • Options
    BrokenAngelBrokenAngel Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Atlus... don't make me have to smack you ;P

BrokenAngel on
    k9mk2carn.pngeleventhdoc2carn.png *Proud Head Girl of Slytherin & Team Red*
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Hufflepuff has the most weakly defined theme of the houses. It's basically, "If you don't fit the other three, we'll take you."

Isn't really much motivation to join up.

SlickShughes on
  • Options
    eye-shuheye-shuh Walla Walla, WARegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    It's because everyone has this misguided notion that Hufflepuff = nice. They didn't actually read the descriptions just based their knowledge on what they thought was "coolest".

Blah. Whatever. Don't dissolve us. Just don't give us an individual route and we can follow one team until a cross paths bar, then flip to another team, meet at cross paths bar, flip to last team.

eye-shuh on
  • Options
    Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    edited April 2009
    You know, the other houses will eventually cap out. Wouldn't the spillover technically fit into the "if you don't fit in the other three, we'll take you"?

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• Options
    edited April 2009
    But Hufflepuff isn't just about not fitting with the others! We're about hard work, dedication, and holding our liquor with valor!

... it's true, look it up! ... yes! =) (looks around)

Now who will join me in Hufflepuff? =)

VThornheart on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    eye-shuh wrote: »
    Blah. Whatever. Don't dissolve us. Just don't give us an individual route and we can follow one team until a cross paths bar, then flip to another team, meet at cross paths bar, flip to last team.

I like this idea. Just 'cause all you guys are too lame to realise that Hufflepuff is the best doesn't mean you should be deprived of our awesome presence. Let us follow each house for a time, drink your prefects and head of house into the ground, and continue on our way.

And Aza, we don't want to be merged with Ravenclaw, we just realise the benefits of being in league with another house against the conglomerate of gryffindor/slytherin.

tehnakki on

• Options
    edited April 2009
    If we don't have hufflepuff, who will we make fun of!?

I'm kidding, but still, don't dissolve them! Hufflepuff must have their day of intoxication.

Sumi on
This discussion has been closed.