As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Forum Game] Secret Game - Epilogue - Game Over

1242526272830»

• Options
    WasabiBeanWasabiBean Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Good game all. I really enjoyed it while I was in. My only quibble is that communicating with players after they have died should be expressly forbidden. If it weren't for that I would have been able to conceal my nasty unlock condition.

In retrospect, I was a little heavy-handed after getting attacked - that probably put some people off. I never really felt like I was going to be allowed to live. I just needed someone to say play ball and we won't kill you. It just seemed like once things calmed down I was toast. I also wish I wasn't so busy on my last night, then I could have allied with D:L at the very last moment and possibly survived.

WasabiBean on
  • Options
    SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Oh, I never corrected you on that, did I?

I already knew the contents of the PDAs from Sunkist. Didn't have to ask Drez or Daius for it in order to confirm you didn't originally give the right info.

Ironically, you were hurt by the earlier deaths. If we had more people left alive with kill conditions (and we didn't get a false positive on the robot toughness due to megawhiffage), I would have pushed far harder for universal unlock. As it was, the math didn't seem to make sense because it looked like the robots were far tougher than they actually were.

Spectrum on
    XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    DoxaDoxa Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Doxa wrote: »

My only regret is killing Doxa unjustly. I believe I played the rest of the game exactly how I wanted.

Can I get an explanation here? I don't understand why me wanting to preserve noncombat zones was an indication that I wanted to kill people. I thought of the collars as pacifiers and didn't trust anyone. I would just like the thought process.

The whole third floor thing was a plan for me to gain a bargain chip for my life. People seemed to already have all the rules so I just said "I found some cryptic message about the third floor". It was all completely made up. It seemed like it got you interested in following me and gaining me an ally. I guess it wasn't too strong of a chip though.

I think my biggest mistake in this game was initially letting Orange Soda do the politicking and keeping myself isolated from everyone else. That created the situation where he was easily able to convince people privately to take me down. Public statements mean nothing most of the time anyway.

This was a very interesting and fun game. Very :^::^::^: Cantide

Basically you just got unlucky because there WAS something secret and important on the third floor. I knew there were people in yuka, and when the person I was almost guarenteed was good (Crimson) told me he was ACES, when the first computer was blown up in a way that the narration seemed to be pissed about it, and then you didn't blow up the second computer, I figured you were Yuka.

Like I said, sorry for killing you, I was wrong.

Its cool. With the information provided to you your conclusion was completely valid and I probably would have taken it the same way.

Doxa on
  • Options
    EgosEgos Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    In the actual game, how many people tend to survive each path/ending?

Egos on
  • Options
    CantideCantide Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Egos wrote: »
    In the actual game, how many people tend to survive each path/ending?

In most of the routes, only 1-3 people survive. In the last route, 10 survive.

Cantide on
  • Options
    Orange SodaOrange Soda Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Okay I feel like I need to address this since I don't really appreciate being called stupid on a proboard. Shady yes, suicidal maybe, but stupid?

Without having a super secret proboard, I had more information about what was going on in the game at ANY point than the 3 of you combined did. I'm not smart enough to know game theory, B:L? Then how come I was RIGHT? Your assumptions amuse me greatly. Like the fact that I trusted wasabi completely? Where did you get that misguided Idea from? Without ANY prior knowledge of this game, I was able to figure out more than you 3 were, quicker. Most of the information Spectrum gained was because I gave it to him. I would say your little group gave me 1/3 of the information I gave back to you.

I was able to gain more information than your whole team was without having to resort to threats. The reason I die so much in games is that I am not a giant vagina who has to talk shit about people in proboards. I call people out in the thread like a real man. I was able to get the identity of the person with the joker without having to threaten to kill him if he didn't play ball.

It's fine to call me stupid, but not when you are wrong. I'm really surprised that I survived the whole game tbh. My play style is not conducive to living. I completely agree with you that I am a shady player, but look at my track record. People always make up bull shit reasons to kill me in a game and how many times have they actually been right? I'll give you a clue (check my sig). The only time I have ever been successfully identified as an evil was when someone seer'd me after listening to an outed evil.

tl;dr
    your pettiness amuses me.

Orange Soda on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    I'll just comment that you found more info because you had the good circumstance of networking with the ACES member. The game very quickly stratified into two pseudo networks with very little common communication except for the occasional messages between you and me. Only Delmain and Egos were willing to talk at all. Doxa wasn't, crimson wasn't really, Wasabi wasn't really (but that's perfectly understandable).

I don't know why you're surprised you survived. There was no universal kill in this game. It's all zone based. If someone fails at killing you, it's immediately pretty damn obvious so very few people are going to be willing to take the risk because then most everyone else is probably going to take a shot at them out of preservation.

Spectrum on
    XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    I'm just saying if you want to insult my intelligence, why don't you say it to my fucking face, cock.

Orange Soda on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    I think you're overreacting. You should probably calm down and re-read Day 4 in particular over again, particularly "Sorry Sunkist, I'm just mean and judgemental." I don't think I ever said you were stupid, just questioned your judgment, especially for that early kerfluffle?

Seriously, it sounds like you're the private musings particularly personally when I don't think you really should. It's just my private posting style, off the cuff. If you are actually offended, then I'm sorry.

Spectrum on
    XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    DoxaDoxa Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    To be fair I think the first message I got from any of you guys is "Looks like you don't have the rules. We'll trade you rules in exchange for items" and I didn't want to tell you my items like bulletproof vest to give you more incentive to kill me.

Doxa on
  • Options
    InfidelInfidel Heretic Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    If you're going to be upset about what people say about you I don't recommend reading proboards after a game. :lol:

That's mainly what I check out, do an ego search on the proboards and see what mean or funny things people said about me!

Infidel on
    OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Doxa wrote: »
    To be fair I think the first message I got from any of you guys is "Looks like you don't have the rules. We'll trade you rules in exchange for items" and I didn't want to tell you my items like bulletproof vest to give you more incentive to kill me.
    That one is *probably* my fault. I think I may have put some feelers out early and missed you or something. Either way, by that point in the game you looked like you were fairly entrenched in Orange Soda's camp and this game was looking very factionalized to me, wrongly or rightly. Ironically, I think that not wanting to trade probably contributed to the last minute decision to attack you whatever day that was (7?). Sorry. =/

Spectrum on
    XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    DelmainDelmain Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    I feel so used.

Delmain on
  • Options
    crimsoncoyotecrimsoncoyote Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Spectrum wrote: »
    I'll just comment that you found more info because you had the good circumstance of networking with the ACES member.
    To be fair, I played my cards pretty close to my chest for the first week or so. I didn't mention that I had any of the rules, or any items until after the first computer was blown up. I used OS as a backup because Doxa didn't want to blow up the second.

Also, I was willing to help, I was a bit paranoid is all. I knew there was at least one moderator around, so I assumed they knew of my presence as well. Hell, I even asked B:L about Yuka, and I was immediately rebuked.

crimsoncoyote on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    I'll just comment that you found more info because you had the good circumstance of networking with the ACES member.
    To be fair, I played my cards pretty close to my chest for the first week or so. I didn't mention that I had any of the rules, or any items until after the first computer was blown up. I used OS as a backup because Doxa didn't want to blow up the second.

Also, I was willing to help, I was a bit paranoid is all. I knew there was at least one moderator around, so I assumed they knew of my presence as well. Hell, I even asked B:L about Yuka, and I was immediately rebuked.
    Well, your paranoia was understandable. But, uh, given that I didn't know the significance of the term (and still don't, really), when he posted that you asked about that I didn't know what to say. =X

Spectrum on
    XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    B:LB:L I've done worse. Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    tl;dr

Oh wow, look at your pettiness go. :lol:

Yes, you were acting stupid by wasting everyone's time with wordgames about unlock conditions. That's all I remember commenting on.

I also liked the part where you said that you refused to take the Joker PDA when it was offered freely.

B:L on
    10mvrci.png click for Anime chat
  • Options
    crimsoncoyotecrimsoncoyote Registered User regular
    edited June 2009

Well, your paranoia was understandable. But, uh, given that I didn't know the significance of the term (and still don't, really), when he posted that you asked about that I didn't know what to say. =X

Yeah... I completely understand that. That was the reason I asked :P

crimsoncoyote on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    B:L wrote: »
    tl;dr
    I also liked the part where you said that you refused to take the Joker PDA when it was offered freely.

Whoa whoa whoa. I don't know how you keep getting this info so wrong. There was a lot of conditional stuff involved with whether or not he would give up the joker pda

And spectrum, I know you said that statement, but that doesn't justify anything. That's saying, I understand that you will read this after the game, I understand that I am being mean, but the fact that I acknoledge this makes it okay.

"Then again, Dunadumb didn't defend a spy because he reasoned "it's cool, guys! I'll just seer everyone in my zone! I might only get done by Day 10, but y'know." "

That was really the only statement you made I was offended by. I mean it's not like you won that game, so obviously your method was just as bad. If people like you hadn't been interfering so much in zone B, I would have been able to get someone to defend me so I didn't get raped the night i died.

"Do you think OS is smart enough to know game theory?"

That is the statement that B:L made that pisses me off and really the reason I wanted to make a post calling you guys out for being tools. What kinda fucking person says something like that? I mean really.

Orange Soda on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    That is the statement that B:L made that pisses me off and really the reason I wanted to make a post calling you guys out for being tools. What kinda fucking person says something like that? I mean really.

Man I hate it when Orange Soda talk like someone isn't around.

Especially when B:L was awesome enough to give Orange Soda his PDA, and was only saying those things because at that moment in time Orange Soda was acting like a gigantic tool.

But Orange Soda needed to vent Orange Soda's own pettiness. What a terrible thing for Orange Soda to do.

• Options
    DaiusDaius Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Abeautifulmindposter.jpg

Daius on
    bigbosssig.png
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    No, I didn't win that game, neither of us did, but I think it's a stretch to say if we just left you alone in a happy little bubble everything would have turned out fine. Didn't you yourself admit that you forgot to get a guard the night you died? =/ That's terrible logic, though, saying that because my methods failed to seal the deal after I died that they were equally as faulty.

But seriously, am I supposed to defend you over a statement he made when he looks to obviously just be venting? Am I responsible for what he says? Now you *are* just being petty.

Spectrum on
    XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2009

Man I hate it when Orange Soda talk like someone isn't around.

Especially when B:L was awesome enough to give Orange Soda his PDA.

What a terrible thing for Orange Soda to do.

Are you kidding me? I'm talking about you like you arn't around because if I don't say B:L in that sentence, it isn't obvious who made the quote, I didn't use a proper quoting tag on PA, so saying "you" in that circumstance wouldn't have made any sense to anyone but you. Seriously now.

Yeah but spectrum specifically instructed you to delay giving me a PDA. If Spectrum hadn't been so fucking slow about coordinating that, I could have had my collar off a day early. I had to move into a different zone and get crimson and delmain to help me out instead. It took about 5 minutes to do.

pm recieved: Recieved PDA
    pm sent: take off collor
    pm recieved: collar is off
    pm sent: give PDA back to Crimson.

Orange Soda on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Yes, I did. Because I didn't consider you entirely trustworthy because of a variety of mishaps that were probably both our fault.

But I asked him to delay because I didn't find value in both of us giving you our PDAs while Tommy may or may not have. There's no reason for them to be out of our possession longer than strictly necessary.

Spectrum on
    XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    No, I didn't win that game, neither of us did, but I think it's a stretch to say if we just left you alone in a happy little bubble everything would have turned out fine. Didn't you yourself admit that you forgot to get a guard the night you died? =/ That's terrible logic, though, saying that because my methods failed to seal the deal after I died that they were equally as faulty.

But seriously, am I supposed to defend you over a statement he made when he looks to obviously just be venting? Am I responsible for what he says? Now you *are* just being petty.

All 3 of us are being petty. I however am man enough to admit that. Actually if you hadn't been directly drawing attention to me it would have turned out better because I wouldn't have had to waste half the day talking to you in the thread instead of coordinating things in my zone.

That's really up to you. I wouldn't expect you to defend me personally since you do not know me. However based on reactions to his statement it seemed like Infidel and yourself pretty much agreed with the statement B:L made.

Orange Soda on
  • Options
    InfidelInfidel Heretic Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    I hate everyone.

Infidel on
    OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Infidel wrote: »
    I hate everyone.

That is because you don't know game theory and you're stupid.

• Options
    edited June 2009

All 3 of us are being petty. I however am man enough to admit that. Actually if you hadn't been directly drawing attention to me it would have turned out better because I wouldn't have had to waste half the day talking to you in the thread instead of coordinating things in my zone.

That's really up to you. I wouldn't expect you to defend me personally since you do not know me. However based on reactions to his statement it seemed like Infidel and yourself pretty much agreed with the statement B:L made.
    Uh, I already said that I'm sometimes mean-spirited and judgmental. I don't know how much further you want make to take that. But now you're just being revisionist and/or speculative about what could have happened. We lost for a variety of reasons, which may or may not include you futilely defending Plutonium instead of, as you say, coordinating things in your zone. Move on. =/

Personally, I think you're seeing what you want to see, but I neither agreed nor disagreed with his statement as, like you said, I don't particularly know you.

Spectrum on
    XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Eh. Doesn't matter anymore. Now you know how I feel so it shouldn't be an issue.

I mean you could keep calling me stupid if you want and purposefully be a dick, but that would really just be a reflection of your character.

Good game everyone and sorry that the end of this had to be reduced to this level. I honestly wouldn't have bothered looking at the proboard if Spectrum hadn't basically implied there would be something on there I wouldn't enjoy reading.

edit: this was directed at B:L, but since he took such offense to talking about him like he wasn't there, with Spectrum's post in between this now is out of context.

Orange Soda on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Personally, I think you're seeing what you want to see, but I neither agreed nor disagreed with his statement as, like you said, I don't particularly know you.

I know your mom, she goes to college.

• Options
    EgosEgos Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    I hate everyone.

We should just have a huge orgy and let all our frustrations out and turn into sweet sweet love <3<3<3

Egos on
  • Options
    edited June 2009

Yeah. She's taking some community college courses for kicks. What of it? D:

Spectrum on
    XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Egos wrote: »
    I hate everyone.

We should just have a huge orgy and let all our frustrations out and turn into sweet sweet love <3<3<3

Well the only thing that B:L can say to Orange Soda is that a thick skin is an important thing to have in phalla.

:winky:

• Options
    edited June 2009

Yeah. She's taking some community college courses for kicks. What of it? D:

It's just an occidental reference ololol