Options

Mario Marathon - Donate to Child's Play

13»

• Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    That's pretty typical.. I remember when I pulled it off, and it really takes quite a few hours.

The main guy is taking his final nap. I think they are pretty much done. I am sure at some point they'll 100% it, but the marathon proper is pretty much over. Hardly any donations have come in today (3-4k), and they are just too tired.

Congrats to them. Here's hoping someone out there matches them.

Athenor on
    He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    FyreWulffFyreWulff YouRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited July 2009
    They can't even get him to island consistently. That's the easy part.

The part where I lost Yoshi all the time was the post out there with a fruit on it.

FyreWulff on
  • Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    FyreWulff wrote: »
    They can't even get him to island consistently. That's the easy part.

The part where I lost Yoshi all the time was the post out there with a fruit on it.

The guy playing also has never really played Sunshine. This is pretty much the ultimate trial by fire, and he's actually doing well. I saw him doing some stuff earlier with Red coins -- He's more adventurous and hard driving than Brian, but sometimes flubs on the more careful stuff. If anyone's gonna get through the uber-hard stuff, it'll be him on instinct.

Athenor on
    He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    Shady3011Shady3011 Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Gilder wrote: »
    I haven't been watching this marathon really, as I wished they did like Desert Bus and had a stream set for just the game, but did they get the pachinko shine and that annoying as fuck shine where you ride the leaf over poison water? I just want to know how long it took them to get those.

I believe so. Not sure how long it took them. I'm sure it wasn't as long as that Hotel Delphino secret stage shine. That one had to be the worst to watch.

Edit: They are just doing the poison water one.

Shady3011 on
  • Options
    SchideSchide Yeoh! Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    This has been a pretty fun time, and it's raised a ton of money for Child's Play which is always awesome. I've been kind of watching off and on, though I've just had to turn it off at certain times (mainly because of the stupid baby)

So in a similar vein, who's going to be watching the Final Fantasy marathon this coming week?

Schide on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Holy shit, they did the actual level in about 20 minutes!

Athenor on
  • Options
    The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Schide wrote: »
    This has been a pretty fun time, and it's raised a ton of money for Child's Play which is always awesome. I've been kind of watching off and on, though I've just had to turn it off at certain times (mainly because of the stupid baby)

So in a similar vein, who's going to be watching the Final Fantasy marathon this coming week?

How are they even going to do that? The earlier ones can be beaten in half a day or so but the later ones are 20-40 (minimum) hour marathons on their own. Are they going to be playing several at a time with different feeds? The website implies otherwise but uh...it's only 6 days.

EDIT: 8. Still seems pushing it for 11 ff's.

The Dude With Herpes on
    Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• Options
    SchideSchide Yeoh! Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    I have to assume they're not called the Speed Gamers for nothing. That's one of the points of interest I have for it though, to see how fast they can play these games and if they can get them all done within that limit.

This is the first I've heard of them, from the Mario Marathon guys, so I'll have to keep an eye out for their other marathons as well. Seems there's another Mega Man one coming up in August, that should be fun.

Schide on
  • Options
    redfield85redfield85 Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Currently 3:20am EST and they are still going. Haha.

They saw the time and seemingly went, "Oh." Then the guy passed the controller to the other and they kept playing. At 149 blue coins.

edit: I...I just can't...stop...watching...

redfield85 on
    bYf6vNQ.png
    Tumblr | Twitter | Twitch | Pinny Arcade Lanyard
    [3DS] 3394-3901-4002 | [Xbox/Steam] Redfield85
  • Options
    LBD_NytetraynLBD_Nytetrayn TorontoRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    I'd love to do something like this, but I have no idea where to begin or what equipment/resources I would need (besides games/systems, of course).

LBD_Nytetrayn on
    qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gifINPoYqL.png
    Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Oh My God. I didn't think getting these coins would take this long...

2 hours before they hit 96, and they have 40 coins to go. Or something like that. There's 240 right? Damn. Just damn. I hope Luigi here gets some sleep and doesn't have work.

Athenor on
  • Options
    ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Are they supposed to be still playing? I thought they said they would be done already..

ArcSyn on
    4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    DranythDranyth Surf ColoradoRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Haha, wow. I woke up at the perfect time apparently, they had just finished some lava boat ride and started hopping up clouds to where Bowser was and one shot the fight with one bar of health left. So I actually finally saw the end of Mario Sunshine, and I saw the end of the marathon before work. Not bad.

His initial estimate yesterday evening of about five more hours was a *bit* off, but they finally did it.

Dranyth on
  • Options
    redfield85redfield85 Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    I miss Couch Dog.

:cry:

redfield85 on
    bYf6vNQ.png
    Tumblr | Twitter | Twitch | Pinny Arcade Lanyard
    [3DS] 3394-3901-4002 | [Xbox/Steam] Redfield85