As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

HITSCAN FORTRESS 2 - NO OFF TOPICS

• Options
    rakuenCallistorakuenCallisto Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited July 2009
    Duld does have people who only join the PA server with him for the sole purpose of going Kritzkrieg medic and healing him, and my understanding is that's because they are friends in real life. Yes, it's dumb. What do you expect from Duld.
    lawl.

rakuenCallisto on
    cbtswoosig.png
  • Options
    cheezcheez Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    It's pretty simple, really
    Are there mans to kill?
    Yes-> Pop that shit
    No-> Pop that shit anyway, there's always mans to kill

I realize this was a joke, but that's pretty much how I was trying to use it. See enemies, pop cruber. A couple seconds later, target dies or I die (which then makes me listen to the "active crit uber" sound effect while I wait to respawn, fun!). I think it's the whole uber = CHAAAAAARGE mindset that I need to learn to turn off.

Or maybe the people I was trying to cruber just sucked.

cheez on
  • Options
    Edith UpwardsEdith Upwards Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    People bitch about team stax all the time, even when the teams aren't stacked. I've been on teams that rolled through Dustobwl 1 and 2, and people bitched and called for a scramble that didn't pass. Suddenly we get to Dustbowl 3 and we get shut down. The team were actually fine, but that doesn't stop people from complaining.

All demo pipespam doesn't count as a fine team you magit. And Pretentious is trying to deny the times where people have been getting owned for six rounds straight. Remember that Gold Rush where RED had a sentry in midair firing at the sniper nest, two demos on the ledge next to it, also in midair, four snipers, and FIVE SENTRIES on the ground below it and slightly around the corner so that anybody who manages to make ground against the midair SG would immediately be blown back to THE ENTRANCE OF THAT GODDAMN HALLWAY?

Edith Upwards on
  • Options
    P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    cheez wrote: »
    Are there mans to kill?
    Yes-> Pop that shit

I realize this was a joke, but that's pretty much how I was trying to use it. See enemies, pop cruber. A couple seconds later, target dies or I die (which then makes me listen to the "active crit uber" sound effect while I wait to respawn, fun!). I think it's the whole uber = CHAAAAAARGE mindset that I need to learn to turn off.

Probably. There's no shame in specifically seeking out good players who you know can do well with an uber/kruber and giving it to them.
    I was actually being serious. Krubers are completely different from regular ubers in their objective. With an uber you are typically trying to break through some kind of defense, either a lot of enemies entrenched on a point or a sentry gun. With a kruber, for the most part, your main goal is to kill people. There's no reason to try and save a kruber for later like you might with a regular uber. A kruber should be popped as soon as there's combat and a decent number of enemies to kill, with the ideal usage of a kruber killing the enemies medics, thus preventing them from getting their own krubers/ubers.
    Erich Zahn wrote: »
    People bitch about team stax all the time, even when the teams aren't stacked. I've been on teams that rolled through Dustobwl 1 and 2, and people bitched and called for a scramble that didn't pass. Suddenly we get to Dustbowl 3 and we get shut down. The team were actually fine, but that doesn't stop people from complaining.

All demo pipespam doesn't count as a fine team you magit. And Pretentious is trying to deny the times where people have been getting owned for six rounds straight. Remember that Gold Rush where RED had a sentry in midair firing at the sniper nest, two demos on the ledge next to it, also in midair, four snipers, and FIVE SENTRIES on the ground below it and slightly around the corner so that anybody who manages to make ground against the midair SG would immediately be blown back to THE ENTRANCE OF THAT GODDAMN HALLWAY?
    Their team had 6 engineers, 4 snipers, and two demos and you guys couldn't make progress? I do believe that is a case of 'u bad?'.

P10 on
    Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • Options
    MesanixtaMesanixta Registered User regular
    edited July 2009

Sounds like your team just didn't want to think their way through it.

I'm not sure which stage of Gold Rush you're talking about, but it sounds like three spies working together with a couple of medics and soldiers/pyros/demos could have made quick work of the sentries and spamming demos.

Protip: the way to fight a coordinated opposition is NOT whining. It's to coordinate by yourself. There is no situation in TF2 that can't be overcome using basic coordination and teamwork, stax or not.

Mesanixta on
  • Options
    edited July 2009

When you pop the kritz, learn to use your surroundings as cover, while you're still connected to your kritizkrieg partner dude person around the corner or wall. Either that or dodge like a fucking beast.

Also only do it when there's a bunch of people/when they say to.

rakuenCallisto on
    cbtswoosig.png
  • Options
    BlindPsychicBlindPsychic Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    All these pages from last night made me think I missed something important. And then it turns out its just bitching.
    So here's some good stuff. Remember those models that guy was building? He's since finished them and
    Bad news for all of you that bidded on the ebay autions, but good news for me. As i was setting up my show for the premiere tomorrow a professor at the gamedesign department of the university flipped out and offered me big cash up front for the models and the best part is he had been a developer for valve and is good mates with bai rite. and he will try to hook me up with some deals. So this looks very bright for me, but i feel very bad for giving anyone false hope.

My 3 year plan is now to put together a small workshop and make some proper prototypes. With me making some bigger scale weapons on stands. And i hope to get some of the figures 3D printed, so they actually look like the models in the game.
    So awesome for him

dsc0142n.jpg
    dsc0126w.jpg
    dsc0593a.jpg

BlindPsychic on
  • Options
    IcemopperIcemopper Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Those are beautiful.

Icemopper on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    The sentry looks excellent, the other finished ones are a bit hard to tell from that angle but they look pretty good.

P10 on
  • Options
    WhatWhat Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Are there mans to kill?
    Yes-> Pop that shit

It's honestly ALL about communication. If your patient and yourself are not really in sync, the Kritz probably will only kill 2-3 people tops. It's not the medic's job to know when to hit it, but the patient's.

What on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Yeah unfortunately thats the best group shot he had on the post, the rest were older things I've posted here before.

BlindPsychic on
  • Options
    cheezcheez Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    That sentry is amazing.

cheez on
  • Options
    SuMa.LustreSuMa.Lustre Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    I think the medic should be able to know too, when to pop the kritz. Otherwise they fall into the area of "mediocre medic always waiting for someone to tell them what to do." There are just certain situations in which a kritz is obvious to pop.

SuMa.Lustre on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    dsc0369e.jpg
    Here's a better group shot

BlindPsychic on
  • Options
    xzzyxzzy Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Sniper rifle is HEUG.

xzzy on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    xzzy wrote: »
    Sniper rifle is HEUG.

Yes it is

sniper.gif

Icemopper on
  • Options
    Ninja Snarl PNinja Snarl P My helmet is my burden. Ninja Snarl: Gone, but not forgotten.Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    I have never seen this happen.
    You are acting like there is this deliberate effort to ruin the fun of the game by this shadowy cabal of team stackers who just constantly join the same team and roll the other team. This never happens.

And again, I notice you seem to think it is more important that you and your team has fun then the other team has fun by playing with their friends.

Is reinterpreting everything I say on this topic going to be the only thing you'll be doing? Because I never even implied stacking happens intentionally. In fact, whether it's intentional or not, well hey, look at this, I already said something about this!
    Whether the teams end up that way intentionally or not, the result is the same. One side has a string of easy wins and the other just gets punished.

I really hate when people talk about conspiracies, too. Especially when I never actually say anything about them and people accuse me of doing so. A number of people on the PA servers play together a lot, right? As in play on the same server but not always on the same team. So if you take a group of them and throw them against a team which is half people who a)don't know what their doing and/or b)don't listen, then things go pretty horribly.

Yes, cooperation solves most blocks in TF2. Except when you have a handful of players who don't cooperate and they're all on the same team. And frankly, I don't care if people play with their friends or not as long as doing so doesn't mean one team is great and one team ends up with all the new players. It only gets on my nerves when people think the PA servers are their own personal playground and their desire to play the same color as their friends is more important than not fucking over the team as far as talent goes.

A scramble option takes care of all of those issues. If somebody playing with their friends upsets the balance of the entire game for hours, then tough, things get scrambled and everybody gets to have fun instead of the privileged few. If it's such a big deal, play on a pub server where you can stomp all over people and nobody will care.

Also, those figures are amazing. If I had tons of cash, totally bought.

Ninja Snarl P on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    I think the medic should be able to know too, when to pop the kritz. Otherwise they fall into the area of "mediocre medic always waiting for someone to tell them what to do." There are just certain situations in which a kritz is obvious to pop.
    The healee is probably going to have a better grasp of the situation because they are further ahead of the medic and the ones actually engaging in combat, but there are definitely going to be situations where it is obvious that a kruber/uber should be popped.

P10 on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    The healee is probably going to have a better grasp of the situation because they are further ahead of the medic and the ones actually engaging in combat, but there are definitely going to be situations where it is obvious that a kruber/uber should be popped.

But in a tight spot, would you rather it be popped, or the medic die?

I'd say popped, even if they die.

But I'm the minority.

Icemopper on
  • Options
    The_ScarabThe_Scarab Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Would buy that Engineer model in a heartbeat.

The_Scarab on
  • Options
    Edith UpwardsEdith Upwards Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Their team had 6 engineers, 4 snipers, and two demos and you guys couldn't make progress? I do believe that is a case of 'u bad?'.

They were cheating.

MID AIR SENTRY WITH TWO DEMOS STANDING NEXT TO IT.

What could we have even done? Our spies couldn't reach the goddamn thing.

Edith Upwards on
  • Options
    FugaFuga Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    the engineer has a (blue) goatee!

Fuga on
  • Options
    The_ScarabThe_Scarab Registered User regular
    edited July 2009

They were cheating.

MID AIR SENTRY WITH TWO DEMOS STANDING NEXT TO IT.

What could we have even done? Our spies couldn't reach the goddamn thing.

Heavy and Medic hijack an Arwing obviously.

The_Scarab on
  • Options
    thorgotthorgot there is special providence in the fall of a sparrowRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    from yesterday:
    Whats the deal with 6v6 (and not larger) in competitive play?

If I remember correctly, the number was just brought over from CS.
    Kupi wrote: »
    As for 6v6, I'd say part of the reason (outside of Counter-Strike carryover, as was mentioned)

CS and CS:S competitive games are almost exclusively 5v5. Not that this invalidates your posts, but it means that the team sizes were either taken from TF or TFC or were chosen specifically for TF2.

thorgot on
    campionthorgotsig.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    You are acting like there is this deliberate effort to ruin the fun of the game by this shadowy cabal of team stackers who just constantly join the same team and roll the other team. This never happens.

And again, I notice you seem to think it is more important that you and your team has fun then the other team has fun by playing with their friends.

Is reinterpreting everything I say on this topic going to be the only thing you'll be doing? Because I never even implied stacking happens intentionally. In fact, whether it's intentional or not, well hey, look at this, I already said something about this!
    Whether the teams end up that way intentionally or not, the result is the same. One side has a string of easy wins and the other just gets punished.

I really hate when people talk about conspiracies, too. Especially when I never actually say anything about them and people accuse me of doing so. A number of people on the PA servers play together a lot, right? As in play on the same server but not always on the same team. So if you take a group of them and throw them against a team which is half people who a)don't know what their doing and/or b)don't listen, then things go pretty horribly.

Yes, cooperation solves most blocks in TF2. Except when you have a handful of players who don't cooperate and they're all on the same team. And frankly, I don't care if people play with their friends or not as long as doing so doesn't mean one team is great and one team ends up with all the new players. It only gets on my nerves when people think the PA servers are their own personal playground and their desire to play the same color as their friends is more important than not fucking over the team as far as talent goes.

A scramble option takes care of all of those issues. If somebody playing with their friends upsets the balance of the entire game for hours, then tough, things get scrambled and everybody gets to have fun instead of the privileged few. If it's such a big deal, play on a pub server where you can stomp all over people and nobody will care.

getting destroyed round after round, map after map, because one team is full of people who play together constantly and the other has a half-dozen new players.
    If the enemy team is winning map after map because of team stacks as you claim happens, it's a reasonable conclusion that it's deliberate. But I've never seen it happen. These multiple map team stack rolling extravaganzas just don't happen.

And again, you seem to be valuing you and your team's fun over the other team having fun. I'm not allowed to play to win because losing is unfun for you? I'm not allowed to play with friends because it's unfair for you?

P10 on
  • Options
    FellhandFellhand Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    edit: Fellhand, you would be amazed at the amount of times I've mentioned that "I would be happy to go medic if we had some classes that, ya know, could kill people" and folks listened to my plea and turned the tide of the game.
    and it's an amazing large amount of times, not an amazingly few :p

I guess I would be because I always get the team with 3 or 4 snipers, spies, engineers or scouts on offense. We'll have that and a single heavy or a single demo and one medic and then wonder why we can't make a push.

Fellhand on
  • Options
    ButtcleftButtcleft Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    dsc0369e.jpg

why do I have this overwhelming urge to roll for initiative.

Buttcleft on
  • Options
    TracerBulletTracerBullet Spaceman Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Buttcleft wrote: »
    dsc0369e.jpg

why do I have this overwhelming urge to roll for initiative.

This makes me really, really wants a Team Fortress table top game.

TracerBullet on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    xzzy wrote: »
    ha oh man duld is such a gay baby.

rakuenCallisto on
    cbtswoosig.png
  • Options
    RobmanRobman Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Fellhand wrote: »
    edit: Fellhand, you would be amazed at the amount of times I've mentioned that "I would be happy to go medic if we had some classes that, ya know, could kill people" and folks listened to my plea and turned the tide of the game.
    and it's an amazing large amount of times, not an amazingly few :p

I guess I would be because I always get the team with 3 or 4 snipers, spies, engineers or scouts on offense. We'll have that and a single heavy or a single demo and one medic and then wonder why we can't make a push.

3 scouts isn't that bad an idea for offence, if they're harassing medics moving up to the front, picking off stragglers and generally doing their jobs as scouts. Scouts who just run around and loldoublejump and FaN spam on the front line are lolworthy though, agreed.

Robman on
  • Options
    theantipoptheantipop Registered User regular
    edited July 2009

getting destroyed round after round, map after map, because one team is full of people who play together constantly and the other has a half-dozen new players.
    If the enemy team is winning map after map because of team stacks as you claim happens, it's a reasonable conclusion that it's deliberate. But I've never seen it happen. These multiple map team stack rolling extravaganzas just don't happen.

And again, you seem to be valuing you and your team's fun over the other team having fun. I'm not allowed to play to win because losing is unfun for you? I'm not allowed to play with friends because it's unfair for you?

Disingenuous argument alert.

theantipop on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    theantipop wrote: »

Disingenuous argument alert.
    The way he phrased it is as if there's a group of 4-6 people who just joined the same team map after map and caused a steam roll every time. It's entirely possible you have a bad couple of maps where you are on the losing team (and that can definitely be frustrating), but he's acting like it's a complete and utter steam roll every single map, and that it's specifically caused by these team stackers? No, that doesn't happen.

P10 on
  • Options
    theantipoptheantipop Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    It doesn't have to be perpetual steamroll to be subtlely grating. It's not like this is new or anything, but the latest bout of Duld's gaggle of kritz medics seems worse than most occurrences. Even if it's a competitive game there is a collective sigh because of the complete and thorough banality it has become.

theantipop on
  • Options
    bladecruiserbladecruiser Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    One recent thing that's been getting me annoyed is when medics get all huffy about healing people that always seem to be at low HP. For example, I'm a pyro that runs out, catches a couple people on fire, and runs away. I live, but my HP bar is almost gone. As in, 1 hp left. As a frequent medic player, I'd look at the pyro and think "oh god, I hope he lives to get over to me so I can get my uber charged that much faster for the heavy to break the front lines" but I've been getting "god damn it, go get the health pack or something, stop yelling for a medic." Is it just me, am I really being that annoying that instead of grabbing a health pack, I'd rather the medic take his beam off the heavy that's not even doing anything for a few seconds instead of wasting 174 hp worth of super charge on an uber?

I dunno, it's just seemed really stupid to me not to swap to low hp targets when there's no enemies around or when trying to break through a nest.

bladecruiser on
  • Options
    BasilBasil Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    The medic is just an awful human being and you should kill them at every opportunity regardless of their team affiliation.

But it is nice when people at least grab some pills if they're right there and all, particularly if there are several nearly dead people around at the same time.

Basil on
    9KmX8eN.jpg
  • Options
    citizen059citizen059 hello my name is citizen I'm from the InternetRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    One recent thing that's been getting me annoyed is when medics get all huffy about healing people that always seem to be at low HP. For example, I'm a pyro that runs out, catches a couple people on fire, and runs away. I live, but my HP bar is almost gone. As in, 1 hp left. As a frequent medic player, I'd look at the pyro and think "oh god, I hope he lives to get over to me so I can get my uber charged that much faster for the heavy to break the front lines" but I've been getting "god damn it, go get the health pack or something, stop yelling for a medic." Is it just me, am I really being that annoying that instead of grabbing a health pack, I'd rather the medic take his beam off the heavy that's not even doing anything for a few seconds instead of wasting 174 hp worth of super charge on an uber?

I dunno, it's just seemed really stupid to me not to swap to low hp targets when there's no enemies around or when trying to break through a nest.

I can only speak for myself as a medic, but I do try to heal everyone possible unless I'm about to use an uber on someone. So yeah, I'd say you're right.

citizen059 on
  • Options
    FugaFuga Registered User regular
    edited July 2009

that medic is retarded.

Fuga on
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    hey guys let's play some tufftoo

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    RobmanRobman Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    As a medic, if someone grabs that fucking health pack when I'm standing right fucking there I'm liable to yell/angrily mutter WELL THANKS NOW WHAT HAPPENS WHEN THE PRYO TAGS ME WITH THE FLARE GUN YOU RAGING COCKMONGLER?

Robman on
  • Options
    KupiKupi Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    I know I've said something like "Every time I turn around you're half-dead! What's wrong with you?!" to people, but it's mostly in jest. Especially when you're the one Medic on the team, it can get overwhelming to be surrounded by tiny little red health bars and trying to figure out who to heal first.

Kupi on
    My favorite musical instrument is the air-raid siren.