As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Goozex Thread: Trade your old junk for somebody else's games

• Options
    l337CrappyJackl337CrappyJack Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I'm saying he's in the wrong; when you list a game, you agree that that game is available for trade upon request. You requested it, game wasn't available, therefore he lied, basically. Then he marked it as shipped when it wasn't. So double liesies. I might be a little biased, though, since I once had to wait for SoulCalibur 4 to timeout on like 10 accounts, and then when I finally got matched up with someone, a week later he just cancelled and said "Can't send the game". Personally, I say be the asshole and mark it as negative.

l337CrappyJack on
  • Options
    Descendant XDescendant X Skyrim is my god now. Outpost 31Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I'm strongly leaning toward being a dick and giving him negative feedback on this one. I'm fairly annoyed by the whole thing. However, I'm not going to do anything right now and I'm not going to reply back to him. If anyone else has a suggestion of what to do I would really appreciate it.

Thanks for the help so far!

Descendant X on
    Garry: I know you gentlemen have been through a lot, but when you find the time I'd rather not spend the rest of the winter TIED TO THIS FUCKING COUCH!
  • Options
    HounHoun Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Just tell him you're willing to wait a week, but you will not cancel the trade. Neg him if it never shows.

Houn on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Houn wrote: »
    Neg him if it never shows.

Yeah, if the game doesn't arrive, just start trying to pick him up. :winky:

l337CrappyJack on
  • Options
    Descendant XDescendant X Skyrim is my god now. Outpost 31Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    So this is what I sent back:
    I do want the game, but on two conditions.

1) The game is in excellent condition. If I get the game and it's thrashed or looks like a monkey got at it, negative feedback.
    2) You send it tomorrow. You are expected to send a trade as soon as you say that you're willing to trade. If you weren't prepared to send it within three days, you shouldn't have accepted the trade.

If you can't do either, don't send it. However, I will not accept a cancellation and I WILL give you negative feedback. You should have had everything ready to go when you said that you'd send the game.

Let me know.

Fair enough?

Descendant X on
    Garry: I know you gentlemen have been through a lot, but when you find the time I'd rather not spend the rest of the winter TIED TO THIS FUCKING COUCH!
  • Options
    Custom SpecialCustom Special I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Sounders 'til I die!Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Signed this mother up. Good way to dump old pc stuff and even xbox games.
    Of course...nobody actually wants those right now.
    But I can instant trade my season 1 and season 2 part 1 of the original transformers cartoon for 350 each :)

Custom Special on
    XBL: F4ll0utBP | STEAM | PSN : CustomSpecial | Bnet: F4ll0ut#1636
  • Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Out of morbid curiosity, I'm probably going to sign up. Not that any of the games I have anyone else wants.

I guess I'll use one of you guys as a referral but the people I know on these forums don't have a referral link.

cooljammer00 on
    steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    SkutSkutSkutSkut Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Out of morbid curiosity, I'm probably going to sign up. Not that any of the games I have anyone else wants.

I guess I'll use one of you guys as a referral but the people I know on these forums don't have a referral link.

It's a decent service and you'd be surprised at what people want.

SkutSkut on
  • Options
    Xenogears of BoreXenogears of Bore Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Man, I finally checked out Goozex's price on Naruto GNT4.

Too bad it looks like no one's giving it up, or else I'd sign up today, send out something I have multiple copies of and make off with a game I'd otherwise pay $70 for.

Xenogears of Bore on
    3DS CODE: 3093-7068-3576
  • Options
    TrippyJingTrippyJing Moses supposes his toeses are roses. But Moses supposes erroneously.Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Just to be clear, after one/three days (depending on which option the seller ticks off) the system will automatically confirm for the seller. Only way to truly be sure is to get a tracking number.

TrippyJing on
    b1ehrMM.gif
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    TrippyJing wrote: »
    Just to be clear, after one/three days (depending on which option the seller ticks off) the system will automatically confirm for the seller. Only way to truly be sure is to get a tracking number.

No, it'll say it was shipped on that date, but there's a separate button you have to press to announce that you did, in fact, ship it. It will just always say it was shipped on the one/three day mark, but you also have to click the "Yes, I actually did ship it" button.

l337CrappyJack on
  • Options
    TrippyJingTrippyJing Moses supposes his toeses are roses. But Moses supposes erroneously.Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Huh. Excuse me, I think I have to go click something...

TrippyJing on
    b1ehrMM.gif
  • Options
    FiggyFiggy Fighter of the night man Champion of the sunRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Meh. I never hit "confirm shipping." My games reach their targets in 2-5 days 9 out of 10 times anyway.

Re: Cancellations

They get a bad rap around here. Sometimes they are the best course of action. A few weeks ago I was matched up for Guitar Hero World Tour, and a week went by after the day he said he would ship it. I get a PM in my mailbox saying "Sorry, I can't find the game. I need to cancel this trade."

My options were to accept the cancellation and get my points/token back right away or leave him negative feedback and drag this out a week before I get my points back. I accepted his cancellation. Sure, he probably decided he no longer wanted to part with the game and was lying, but I would rather have my points right away than drag this crap on.

I also had a guy send me Splinter Cell Double Agent and the copy froze every 20-30 minutes. I tried it on another machine and had the same results. I contacted the seller and he said he would rather just cancel the trade rather than take the negative hit. He told me to also keep the game. I agreed. Again, I got my points and token back right away and didn't have to go through the hassle of the negative feedback process (waiting period, possible dispute, possible shipment back to Goozex office, etc.)

Figgy on
    XBL : Figment3 · SteamID : Figment
  • Options
    ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Figgy wrote: »
    Meh. I never hit "confirm shipping." My games reach their targets in 2-5 days 9 out of 10 times anyway.

Re: Cancellations

They get a bad rap around here. Sometimes they are the best course of action. A few weeks ago I was matched up for Guitar Hero World Tour, and a week went by after the day he said he would ship it. I get a PM in my mailbox saying "Sorry, I can't find the game. I need to cancel this trade."

My options were to accept the cancellation and get my points/token back right away or leave him negative feedback and drag this out a week before I get my points back. I accepted his cancellation. Sure, he probably decided he no longer wanted to part with the game and was lying, but I would rather have my points right away than drag this crap on.

I also had a guy send me Splinter Cell Double Agent and the copy froze every 20-30 minutes. I tried it on another machine and had the same results. I contacted the seller and he said he would rather just cancel the trade rather than take the negative hit. He told me to also keep the game. I agreed. Again, I got my points and token back right away and didn't have to go through the hassle of the negative feedback process (waiting period, possible dispute, possible shipment back to Goozex office, etc.)

As far as canceling getting a bad rap, I think it's because if you initiate the cancel, there is the possibility that you will be shuffled to the back of the line. I forget if they still do that, but I know they used to. So accepting a requested cancel is fine and doesn't have any downsides, but being the person requesting the cancel could be bad.

I know sometimes people who want the cancel ask you to initiate the cancel, which is just wrong.

ArcSyn on
    4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    EggyToastEggyToast Jersey CityRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    If you initiate the cancel, you get put to the back of the line. If you accept, you just go back to your spot once the cancel is accepted on both sides.

I currently have like 4650 points -- maybe i should actually look to receive something. I'm on a few lists, but don't want to just get a ton of games until at least after thanksgiving due to time reasons. And Uncharted 2 having just come out and Dragon Age showing up next week. It seems like Goozex really favors the patient (which thankfully I am).

I'm happy that a lot of my old GBA and DS games are getting pretty good point values, due to being hard to find. 250 points for Harvest Moon: Friends of Mineral Town? And I have two copies? Yes please.

EggyToast on
    || Flickr — || PSN: EggyToast
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    ArcSyn wrote: »
    I know sometimes people who want the cancel ask you to initiate the cancel, which is just wrong.

True, especially since you end up with a cancellation strike.

Figgy on
  • Options
    HounHoun Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    So, wait, the dude sent you a game that doesn't work, and in return for not giving him a negative, he let you keep the broken game?

Man, what a deal! :P

Houn on
  • Options
    EggyToastEggyToast Jersey CityRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    He gets his points and his token back, too, so really he's not out anything but time, and yes, has a game that doesn't work.

EggyToast on
    || Flickr — || PSN: EggyToast
  • Options
    Xenogears of BoreXenogears of Bore Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    So, wait, the dude sent you a game that doesn't work, and in return for not giving him a negative, he let you keep the broken game?

You can however trade in a nonworking game to Gamestop...

Xenogears of Bore on
    3DS CODE: 3093-7068-3576
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Hmm, I wonder why Saints Row 2 is untradeable for the PC? CD key issues? The Trading Info tab tells me nothing.

edit: Hmm, are we only allowed to have 3 games in our selling list? Can't I just put up all the games I am willing to part with, or can I only do 3 at a time?

cooljammer00 on
    steam_sig.png

• Options
    edited October 2009

I get my points and token back immediately.
    I keep the broken game.

My other option was to file a negative, wait for the possible dispute, send the game to Goozex, wait for the verdict, and possibly get my points back. It would have taken several weeks in the end.

I didn't think the guy meant to send a fucked up disc, so I didn't really see the need to file a negative against a guy with dozens and dozens of positives and a perfect record.

Besides, the game isn't "broken," it just freezes every now and then..... :P

Figgy on
  • Options
    edited October 2009

I get my points and token back immediately.
    I keep the broken game.

My other option was to file a negative, wait for the possible dispute, send the game to Goozex, wait for the verdict, and possibly get my points back. It would have taken several weeks in the end.

I didn't think the guy meant to send a fucked up disc, so I didn't really see the need to file a negative against a guy with dozens and dozens of positives and a perfect record.

Besides, the game isn't "broken," it just freezes every now and then..... :P

I can see that as an acceptable situation for the good guy who got screwed. The game worked fine for him, but somehow it isn't working on your machine, or got a little messed up in shipment or something. It's a good way to get your points back and get back in the queue, and for them to keep their feedback because they really are a good trader, just something went wrong this time.

ArcSyn on
    4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    freakish lightfreakish light butterdick jones and his heavenly asshole machineRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Hmm, I wonder why Saints Row 2 is untradeable for the PC? CD key issues? The Trading Info tab tells me nothing.

edit: Hmm, are we only allowed to have 3 games in our selling list? Can't I just put up all the games I am willing to part with, or can I only do 3 at a time?

You can set them to active, but based on your feedback score you can only have a certain number of ingoing and outgoing trades at once. So, you have five games that you want to trade out, but you only have three open slots. The first three to get accepted as trades by you get traded, and as soon as you receive feedback on the first one you can get matched for the next game on your list.

freakish light on
  • Options
    EliminationElimination Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Hey everyone. Lets do something fun !

Everyone write a really positive and hilarious review for this game. I'll start it off. It can be the three wolves howling at the moon of goozex.

Elimination on
    PSN: PA_Elimination 3DS: 4399-2012-1711 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/TheElimination/
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    I can just pop a game into the mailbox down the street to ship it? That's pretty convenient.

cooljammer00 on
    steam_sig.png

• Options
    edited November 2009
    Just be careful you've got the correct amount of postage for the weight. But yeah, put game in mailer, write address on mailer, put stamp on mailer, put mailer in any post office box, wait for points to roll in.

l337CrappyJack on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Yeah, I had hoped the automated slip thing would let me know how many stamps I needed to ship it or something.

I was actually planning on sending out Brutal Legend (which doesn't work on Goozex search because you need to enter the umlaut) and getting Demon's Souls, but no one is offering DS.

cooljammer00 on
    steam_sig.png

• Options
    edited November 2009
    Yeah, I had hoped the automated slip thing would let me know how many stamps I needed to ship it or something.

I was actually planning on sending out Brutal Legend (which doesn't work on Goozex search because you need to enter the umlaut) and getting Demon's Souls, but no one is offering DS.

Patience. Eventually enough people will get frustrated with the game and start giving it up.

I imported my copy way back when it first came out in glorious Nippon, and even though I have the version with full English and everything, I doubt I'd be able to trade it on there.

l337CrappyJack on
  • Options
    edited November 2009

Everyone write a really positive and hilarious review for this game. I'll start it off. It can be the three wolves howling at the moon of goozex.

Done!

Figgy on
  • Options
    freakish lightfreakish light butterdick jones and his heavenly asshole machineRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Did they stop sending emails when you have games requested? I've just gotten matched for two and neither showed up in my inbox. Which is actually pretty irritating as I have to check the site every day just to see if I have any new matches.

freakish light on
  • Options
    Custom SpecialCustom Special I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Sounders 'til I die!Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    WOOOOO!
    I put up some DVDs this afternoon, then just now checked and three of them were set to trade!
    Looks like they'll be more expensive for shipping than I anticipated (ATHF for $4 and two seasons of Transformers are like $8 each to mail!) but I'll basically get twice what I pay in shipping back in points, which is sweet.

Which reminds me: has anyone used the 'buy and print' shipping labels on Goozex? I'm going to take my first mailings to the post office to mail them, just in case it costs less than the website printed label. Or if it doesn't, I'll just buy and print then mail them.

Custom Special on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    WOOOOO!
    I put up some DVDs this afternoon, then just now checked and three of them were set to trade!
    Looks like they'll be more expensive for shipping than I anticipated (ATHF for $4 and two seasons of Transformers are like $8 each to mail!) but I'll basically get twice what I pay in shipping back in points, which is sweet.

Which reminds me: has anyone used the 'buy and print' shipping labels on Goozex? I'm going to take my first mailings to the post office to mail them, just in case it costs less than the website printed label. Or if it doesn't, I'll just buy and print then mail them.

Paypal print and ship is the cheapest solution. You can ship a 6oz dvd case in a #0 bubble mailer for like $2.15. With delivery confirmation. Post office used to cost me up to and over $5.

ArcSyn on
    4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    ArcSyn wrote: »
    WOOOOO!

Paypal print and ship is the cheapest solution. You can ship a 6oz dvd case in a #0 bubble mailer for like $2.15. With delivery confirmation. Post office used to cost me up to and over $5.

What if I don't want to sign up for paypal? I saw they had a straight credit card method to do it with. Also, all three things I'm shipping tomorrow are larger than regular DVD, which kind of sucks on the shipping.
    Aqua Teen Hunger Force is slightly larger and two disc, both transformers boxes are pretty bulky and four discs with fold-up case (like the size of 3 DVDs stacked). I think I'll price check USPS v buy'n'print tomorrow.
    Oh yeah, does buy'n'print on Goozex come with shipping confirmation/tracking? Or is it just straight shipping cost?

Custom Special on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    My first shipments are going out in the envelopes I bought games in. It's gonna suck if I really get into it and need to buy bubble mailers. They are only cheap in bulk.

cooljammer00 on
    steam_sig.png

• Options
    SchideSchide Yeoh! Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    You can get a pack of like 5 size 0 or whatever bubble mailers at Wal Mart for a bit over $2. They are not that expensive.

Schide on
  • Options
    DeathPrawnDeathPrawn Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    My first shipments are going out in the envelopes I bought games in. It's gonna suck if I really get into it and need to buy bubble mailers. They are only cheap in bulk.

If they're in relatively good shape, I just save the envelopes that I get Goozex games sent to me in. If I rip 'em up pretty bad when opening them, I just add on a gratuitous amount of packing tape when getting a new game ready to ship.

DeathPrawn on
    Signature not found.
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Did they stop sending emails when you have games requested? I've just gotten matched for two and neither showed up in my inbox. Which is actually pretty irritating as I have to check the site every day just to see if I have any new matches.

They don't send you emails unless the matches are accepted. If you are matched at the other person lets it time out or declines it, you'll never know unless you check your request screen. Your points are temporarily "on hold" for that game too while the trader is being "asked" to send it.

Once they accept it, you get the email.

If you're not getting any emails, you might want to check your settings in Goozex and/or make sure your email isn't blocking shit from Goozex. Put them on the exceptions list.

Figgy on
  • Options
    EliminationElimination Registered User regular
    edited November 2009

Done!

go team!

Elimination on
    PSN: PA_Elimination 3DS: 4399-2012-1711 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/TheElimination/
  • Options
    edited November 2009

They don't send you emails unless the matches are accepted. If you are matched at the other person lets it time out or declines it, you'll never know unless you check your request screen. Your points are temporarily "on hold" for that game too while the trader is being "asked" to send it.

Once they accept it, you get the email.

If you're not getting any emails, you might want to check your settings in Goozex and/or make sure your email isn't blocking shit from Goozex. Put them on the exceptions list.

No, I know. It's just that I got matched for two offers and it didn't send me an email for either one of them.

I think I got them later, though, along with three other matched offers at once. Man, I gotta go to WalMart and buy one of those five-packs. Shipping for this is gonna be like $15.

At least it's 1000 points worth of old 360 games.

freakish light on
  • Options
    DocshiftyDocshifty Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Somebody gave me +5 rep because my game "Had light wear and smelled kind of like cigarettes."

Look, I buy games to play, this is not a collection circle, the game is not going to be perfect, but as he said, it wasn't scratched, just light wear. And I'm sorry, but there wasn't an option for "Smoker" in the shipping details.

Docshifty on