As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[mini-phalla] Vampire Dominance... Jyhad (Game Over) (Mr D Win)

• Options
    couttscoutts Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I was pretty much screwed by day 2 :(.

coutts on
    Pearl FC - 2535 1604 7594 // Black FC - 2494 3438 2717
    scorpex.jpg
  • Options
    M.D.M.D. and then what happens? Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I should have named myself fiaryn

M.D. on
  • Options
    SpectralSporkSpectralSpork Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    coutts wrote: »

Better then being betrayed on day one.

SpectralSpork on
  • Options
    WildcatWildcat Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Hey now, hey now, I wasn't fucking over teammates till the last day. Before then I was all about my teammates

And yet that one day colours all before it.

Wildcat on
  • Options
    psolmspsolms Registered User regular
    edited August 2009

also better than having to provide a fake role to protect your real role to the guy who is trying to kill you to move a bandwagon that started because you didnt post on a sunday.

that was rough.

psolms on
  • Options
    M.D.M.D. and then what happens? Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Okay I was a bit selfish to do that, and I was really debating it.

I'm sorry if I upset you folks with going after my personal win instead of the team one.

M.D. on
  • Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Dunadan019 wrote: »
    I have to say...

Being masoned to Kime....

IS NOT A GOOD POWER!

Hahaha, I know, you poor thing. Being masoned to me has a 50% chance or so of getting you screwed, since I'll die early enough.

Hey ahava, what could I do? It sounded like a role-block...?

kime on
    Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    HylianbunnyHylianbunny Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    It's a game and you played it effectively. You have nothing to be sorry about.

I claim a victory for having the best damn role PM.

Hylianbunny on
  • Options
    BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    psolms wrote: »

also better than having to provide a fake role to protect your real role to the guy who is trying to kill you to move a bandwagon that started because you didnt post on a sunday.

that was rough.

Psolms, you really should have just not gotten in touch with me. There were ten or so people who didn't give me any info, and since I could only kill five people in one night, you would have had a 50% chance of living. As opposed to giving me the role info of another player who'd already been in touch with me, which gave me a total of two reasonable targets.

Burnage on
  • Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    oWoD Vampires
    Tremere—
    tremere.gif

Wizard. Warlock. Vampire. Usurper. You have heard it all before, and you know that it is pure jealousy on the others parts. They do not understand everything that you have planned. Or the secrets that you have uncovered. You just have to prove them all wrong.

And these new children? They are nothing and will matter little once you complete your final ritual. Thaumaturgy has brought you many wonders. Now, you have found a way to outlive and save them all.

Thaumaturgy: Every night, you can perform a ritual so complex none of the others would even comprehend it that places your target in a state of confusion. This could nullify their actions or send their actions to random targets; it’s hard to be sure. In any case, you will never be randomly chosen for negative actions as a result.

Faction Win Condition: Help the other Clans outlast these new upstart vampires.
    Personal Win Condition #1: Sole Survivor
    Personal Win Condition #2: Convince as many players as possible to donate their blood to your thaumaturgy ritual which will “help them reach Golconda”. You may choose to cast this ritual at any time. The more blood you have, the more powerful you will become. You may only cast the ritual once, however, and not having enough blood to cast it properly risks a backfire; choose wisely.

Note: Personal Win Conditions can override Factional Win Conditions if you so choose to pursue them thusly.

Please PM the Storyteller with a name for your "character" to be used in narrations. Keep it in-theme.

Malkavian—
    malkavian.gif

They don't hear the voices that you hear. They don't see the visions that you see. They don't know the truth that you know. But if they looked at the [size=-5]world[/size] like you look at the WORLD, maybe they would see what you would see what you do see what you can see. Blood thirsty, glitter sparkly, campy silly, [strike]it does not[/strike] matter. Once they see the world through your eyes....

Dementation: You can see. Oh yes. Oh yes. They can’t… but they will, oh yes! You’ll show them… you’ll drive them as mad as you are. Yes you will! You can inflict a post restriction on another player each night.
    Insight: Oh yes, you can definitely see. The voices, the visions… you can see things nobody else can. Unfortunately, choosing to give in to these visions is incapacitating… clarity comes with a [size=-7]price[/size]. You’ll learn things, oh yes. But you won’t be able to show anyone else [size=-10]the[/size] beauty of mad[strike]ne[/strike][size=-1]s[/size][size=-2]s[/size] that night.

Madness: Find some way of posting like you’re crazy. C’mon, get creative.

Faction Win Condition: Help the other clans outlast these new upstart vampires.
    Personal win Condition #1: Sole Survivor
    Personal win Condition #2: Inflict a post restriction on every remaining player in the game.

Note: Personal Win Conditions can override Factional Win Conditions if you so choose to pursue them thusly.

Please PM the Storyteller with a name for your "character" to be used in narrations. Keep it in-theme.

Ventrue--
    ventrue.gif

Children need a firm hand. That’s what all of them are, to you… children, or fools. Your blood is true. Pure. You have the right of rulership, and the blood of kings flows in your veins. The strong rule, the weak and foolish follow, that is the way things have always been and the way they will always be.

You will rule the others… or eliminate them.

Dominate: Once per night, you can show the others why you deserve to rule. Choose two players to keep an eye on. You “convince” anyone targeting either of them to swap targets for the other.

Personal Win Condition #1: Sole Survivor.
    Personal Win Condition #2: Convince all remaining players to swear fealty to you. Those who do so will be unable to betray you and have their win condition changed to ensuring your victory. They must declare in magenta.

Gangrel—
    gangrel.gif

Why can’t they just leave you alone? It’s all you’ve ever wanted, really. You didn’t ask for this, but you’re done whining about it—you’re no Toreador, after all—but you want nothing to do with their politics or their battles. Let them all burn for all you care, as long as they just leave you the hell alone.

Then again, you don’t want to be entirely alone… Maybe it wouldn’t hurt, to earn some goodwill by keeping some of them alive…

Fortitude: You can take a hit for one guy a night and keep them alive. If you want.

Personal Win Condition: Survive.

Nosferatu—
    nosferatu.gif

Secrets. Everyone has them. Everyone wants them. You know them all. You’ve brokered information trades and sold secrets for centuries, but that’s all done with now. Now, it’s time to take what you know, and apply it. Learn what you can, and use whatever you learn however you want.

Just remember the real question: Who watches the watchers?

Obfuscate: Nobody sneaks like a Nossie. Once a night, you can follow someone and learn who and what they are.

Personal Win Condition #2: Learn each and every role, then provide an accurate list to the Storyteller. If you do so correctly, you will be removed from the game as a winner.

Brujah—
    brujah.gif

Holy fuck, the pussies are out in droves tonight! It’s time to break some bones, tear out some organs, and pound some skulls into pavement, starting with that fucker of a Ventrue and his whole line. Bastards tore down Carthage, it’s time for payback. And you know what they say about payback.

And all those other sorry pissant Licks out there had better watch out. If there’s anything you hate more than goddamn Ventrue, it’s those pussified wastes of blood that bring down the good name of self-respecting badasses everywhere. Show them what it means to be a vampire.

Potence: Waste one fucker every night.

Personal Win Condition #2: Last Badass Standing/Anarchy. Kill every bus driver, everyone with any kind of vote manipulation powers, and any kill abilities.

Toreador--
    toreador.gif

Vampirism is not a punishment or a curse. It is nothing to cry faux tears about. It is a beautiful thing! But like all beautiful things, not everyone sees it as well as you do. Like all beautiful things, some parts of it are ugly and flawed. Unlike other beautiful things, every other part of this is ugly and flawed.

The others. They mar the beauty of vampirism with angst or scheming or, ugh, living in the dirt like an animal! Or even worse, feeding on them. They tarnish the good name of Kindred everywhere, and must be removed. Hell hath no wrath like an artiste scorned.

Presence: Everyone loves you. You’ve made sure of it. They love you enough that your vote counts double.

Personal Win Condition #2: Everyone loves you. And you’ll prove it. If everyone in the game publicly declares their love for you, you are removed from the game a winner. They must declare their love for you in pink.

Whedonverse
    Angel—
    angel.jpg

When you become a vampire, you lose your soul. You, however, got it back, from a gypsy curse that ensures that you’ll suffer for all eternity. Guilt, sadness, and the loss of your only love, are all punishments that frankly you know are rightfully inflicted on you for your horrific crimes. All it will take is one moment of pure happiness, though… and you’re back to being Angelus, and you can’t stand the thought of that…

Brooding Protector: You can’t let innocents be hurt. You can guard one person from harm for a night.

Factional Win Condition: Eliminate All Non-Whedon Vampires.
    Personal Win Condition #1: Eliminate all Whedon vampires.
    Personal Win Condition #2: Don’t allow yourself to become Angelus again.

Angelus—
    Oh, you’ve missed this. You’ve missed the blood, the death, the chaos. The screaming.

Especially the screaming.

But now you’re back, and the world will burn before you. Break your enemies and send them fleeing before you. There’s nothing quite like the sound of a neck snapping in your hands.

Monstrous: Every night, you can vent your darkest impulses upon one person. This will generally end in a bloodbath.

Factional Win Condition: Eliminate all other vampire factions. And have fun doing it.
    Personal Win Condition: Last Badass Standing/Anarchy Victory: Kill anyone with a kill or manipulation power of any kind. In fact, just kill everybody. Except your girls, of course.

Spike—
    spike.jpg

A good coat, an accent, and enough badass to choke an elephant. You’ve got the unique distinction of having taken down not just one, but two Slayers, and damned if you weren’t looking forward to a third before this whole bloody vampocalypse thing. Still, it looks to be a helluva lot of fun, don’t it, love?

Brawler: You can take out one ponce a night. Show ‘em what you’ve got.
    Bloody Brawler: You’re extraordinarily hard to take down. You’ve got a 50% chance every night of surviving each kill directed at you. If this power activates, you do not get your kill that night.

Factional Win Conditions: Take out all those poncy non-Whedonverse vamps who still think they’re human.
    Personal Win Condition #1: Last Badass Standing. Take out everyone else with a kill power.
    Personal Win Condition #2: Survive the entire game with Drusilla.

Drusilla—
    drusilla.jpg

The stars… they’re so pretty… and they wont’ stop screaming… no, love, bad dolly. Very, very bad dolly. ruff! Bad doggies get the paper. Oh please, Spike, please, will you kill the bad doggies for me? Make them suffer, Spike… oh yes. Make them scream for us?

Visions: Each night, you can choose one player to get a bit of extra information on. In addition to this, random visions will intrude upon you each night, visions that you must somehow incorporate into the thread and attempt to get the thread to believe and act upon.

Factional Win Conditions: Eliminate all the bad little dollies not on your side.
    Personal Win Condition: Survive with Spike until the end of the game.

Darla—
    darla.jpg

Your life, frankly, sucked, but your unlife has been a hell of a ride… literally. You’ve died and come back from the dead, then gotten yourself made a vampire again… lovely Drusilla. But there’s one thing still bothering you… Angel. You’ve lost your beautiful little Angel. But that’s okay. You’re going to get him back. By any means necessary.

In the meantime, though, the Master has given you the job of dealing with the other vampires… the ones not like you. Eliminate them for him… it’s never a good idea to make him angry.

Seduction: If there’s anything you’re good at, it’s sex. You’ve spent hundreds of years perfecting it, and frankly you did it professionally before that. You’re good enough that you can get a rise out of even the undead. Every night, you choose someone to spend the night with, and nullify any actions that person takes that night. Here’s the real kicker. Find and seduce Angel… and you’ll get your Angelus back.

Factional Win Condition: Eliminate all threats to the Master… meaning every non-Whedon vampire.
    Personal Win Condition: Find, convert, and then survive with Angelus.

The Master—
    Master.jpg

Ahhh…. Yes. Hundreds of years locked in that infernal church beneath that tiny little town, plugging the Hellmouth. It’s enough to make a vampire… just a little angry. But that’s all done with now… you’re free, and your time is nigh. Only one problem.

There are other vampires out there. Ones not under your control. That is… simply unacceptable. So you’re just going to have to put a stop to them. All of them. Permanently.

Mind Control: Your mind control powers are very, very powerful. Powerful enough that they in fact allowed you to kill a Slayer, once. You can, once a night, choose someone, and redirect their power onto any target of your choice.

Factional Win Conditions: Eliminate all non-Whedon vampires.
    Personal Win Condition: Rule all vampirekind. Anyone who publicly swears to join your ranks gains your win condition and may be spared your wrath.

Willow—
    willow_as_vampire.jpg

You were such a mousy little thing, back in school. Now there is no school, and in fact, no city. You’ve moved on to bigger and better things. You and Xander are having so much fun… most of the time.

Bored Now: Every night, you must include the words “Bored now…” in at least one post. Additionally, you must refer to everyone by “puppy”, or some other similar pet name.
    Xander: You are masoned with X, Vampire Xander. As long as the two of you meet your restrictions, you get a collective kill each night.

Factional Win Condition: Eliminate all other kinds of vampires.
    Personal Win Condition: Survive with Xander until the end of the game.

Xander—
    vampxand.jpg

You know, you thought originally this vampire thing kind of sucked. But now, it’s not so bad. You’ve got Will, and you’re a lot more badass than you ever were in school. And you’ve got the Master. Now if only you could get rid of those others… But the Master’s got a plan for that one.

Pop Culture Guru: You must make any bad pop culture references you can, no matter how geeky it makes you seem.
    Willow: You are masoned with X, Vampire Willow. As long as the two of you meet your restrictions, you get a collective kill each night.

Factional Win Condition: Eliminate all other kinds of vampires.
    Personal Win Condition: Survive with Willow until the end of the game.

Twilight Verse

Edward--
    edward.jpg

You are badass. You are so ultimately badass. You are every young girl's wet dream. And on top of all that, you sparkle. You sparkle like a man. Like an obsessive, abusive man. But there are sparkles. And not only that, but you are a sparkling man in love. And your love is pure. And constant. And eternal. At least, that is your only goal in existence now.

Telepathy: You can use your telepathy to determine what a person wants most. Once per night, you can determine someone's win conditions.

Bella: Should you find Bella with your ability, you will gain the ability to keep her alive. For both of your sakes. Should you not succeed in keeping her alive, then you will revenge yourself upon her murderer that very night. Nothing else but their death will matter at that point. Nothing. Else.

Faction Win Condition: Cullen Survival
    Personal Win Condition: Keep Bella Alive At All Costs.

Alice--
    Alice-Cullen-twilight-movie-2185-1.gif

You are sweeting eternal. So sweet and so darling, that nobody can't love you! And you know everything about everybody. You can see their future, no matter the twists and turns. And you have love. Emmett. He will go everywhere with you, anywhere that you ask him to go. And you have asked before. And probably will again.

Precognition: You can look at somebody's future and tell what they are doing, and what has been done that will change their future.

Personal Win Condition: Find and Survive with Emmett.

Jasper--
    jasper.jpg

You are the youngest of the Cullens. Well, not counting Bella. But she's not your concern. Your concern is Rosalie. And keeping her alive. Nothing else matters to you but Rosalie. Oh, and the other Cullens of course. You will do anything to keep her safe and to continue you life together. You know and trust Rosalie with your life.

Rosalie: You are masoned with Rosalie.

Emotional Control: You can use your ability to control other's emotions to dull somebody's feelings for the night and make them far too apathetic to care about what happens.

Personal Win Condition: Keep Rosalie Alive

Rosalie--
    rosalie1.jpg

You are what is known as, The Bitch. Capital T, Capital B. You don't like your brothers new toy. And you don't like that she's now considered to be a part of your family. She doesn't fucking belong. But, you smile for the others, especially your Jasper, and you keep that smile on your face even while thinking hateful, destructive, violent thoughts at the new.... rather really good smelling new toy.

Jasper: You are masoned with Jasper.

Faction Win Condition: Cullen Survival.
    Personal Win Condition: Get Rid of Bella. Convince somebody else to kill her. Or all of the others to kill her. Just get her out of your family.

Emmet--
    emmett.jpg

You are, for the lack of a better term, the rock of the Cullen family. You are the strong armed, barrel-chested bear of a vampire. An imposing figure, one that would strike fear in the hearts of many others. If you weren't a vegetarian, of course. And a nice guy. But, its really just the vegetarian thing that makes people, other vampires, look down on you. But, that doesn't bother you. Not at all. Because life, even eternal life, is always a joke. And you have your family to laugh with. And Alice. Your little White Rabbit.

Defensive Line: You can, ever night, choose one person to protect from all harm.

Faction Win Condition: Cullen Survival.
    Personal Win Condition: Keep the entire family alive.

Bella--
    bella-swan-wallpaper.jpg

Be careful what you wish for. You had always known that you would become a vampire. And you had always known that you would be with Edward forever. Of course, being super-ultra-kickass powerful at the moment doesn't hurt either. But now, you have a family that loves you, for the most part. And you have Edward. Edward. Who loves you, and protects you, even when you don't want him anywhere around. He is always there, to take care of you. So sweet. Oh, Edward. He is your Romeo. You are his Juliet. The world can only hope.

Immunity: Due to your newfound control over your vampiric awesomeness, no mental powers will work on you. And you can choose one other person per night to protect as well.

Personal Win Condition: Survive with Edward

James--
    james-twilight.jpg

So... good. She smells so good. Even dead, she smelled good. Even undead she smelled....orgasmic. You have to have her. You have to. And you will kill everybody, every single person in your way to get to her. And if she does not go with you, if she struggles, or if she even just looks at you strange, you'll kill her too. She smells amazing, but she would have tasted better if you had only gotten to her first.

Tracker: Kill one roadblock a night.

Faction Win Condition: Survive
    Personal Win Condition: Kill Bella. Kill All Cullens.

Riceverse

Louis--
    BradPitt-InterviewWithTheVampire.jpg

You are a vampire. You did not ask to be a vampire, but you were created as one many years ago. And now, your secret is not only in danger, but there are more secrets out there that you were not even aware of. You are not alone in the vampire world. And your world that you know is under threat. You have to see to it that everything you have worked for continues on into eternity. That includes your Childe. She may not want your help, but you will give it to her no matter what.

Guilt: Each night, you can send the host a PM containing somebody's name that you want to make them useless for that night.

Faction Win Condition: Eliminate the Threatening Vampires of the World of Darkness and Whedonverse.
    Personal Win Condition: Keep Claudia Alive

Lestat--
    lovelylestat.jpg

You are a vampire. You did not ask to be a vampire, but you were created as one many years ago. And you want your life to be more meaningful than others of your kind ever could imagine. You seek out the powerful, the rich, and those that can make you even more than you ever were in the past.

Rock God: Your vote counts as 2. If for whatever reason you are the swing vote to make a decision between a tie, you will become even more powerful.

Faction Win Condition: Eliminate the Threatening Vampires of the World of Darkness and Whedonverse.
    Personal Win Condition: Gain as much power as possible.

Akasha--
    05.png

You are a vampire. You did not ask to be a vampire, but you were created as one many years ago. And you are the most powerful of them all. The Queen of the Vampires. The Goddess. And you will make absolutely certain that every single vampire knows that. Every. Last. One.

Mother's Touch: Every night, you can send the host a PM to slaughter one of the foolish children that do not decide to worship you.

Faction Win Condition: Eliminate the Threatening Vampires of the World of Darkness and Whedonverse
    Personal Win Condition #1: Get the remaining vampires in the game to publicly worship you as their Goddess. They must worship you in yellow.
    Personal Win Condition #2: Sole Survivor.

Claudia--
    interview_with_the_vampire-big.jpg

You are a vampire. You did not ask to be a vampire, but you were created as one many years ago. And you are the youngest of them all. Both in age and appearance. You hate it. You despise the fact that for absolute eternity you will always appear as a nine year old girl.

Seen, but not Heard: Every night you can send the host a PM to investigate somebody of your choosing.

Faction Win Condition: Eliminate the Threatening Vampires of the World of Darkness and Whedonverse
    Personal Win Condition: Find the Tremere. Convince him to keep you alive and to perform a ritual that will help you finally age.

Armand--
    armand.jpg

You are a vampire. You did not ask to be a vampire, but you were created as one many years ago. You have many followers, and many admirers. And many children. You like your life the way that it is, and you will use your elevated status to see to it that your existence can continue.

Coven: Your vote counts as two votes at the beginning of the game. Should you still exist after half of the playerbase is killed, your vote will count at three.

Personal Win Condition: Make it so that the others around you all vote with you. If you can manage a nearly unanimous vote result for 3 consecutive nights, you are removed as a winner.

Maharet--
    RealMaharet.jpg

You are a vampire. You did not ask to be a vampire, but you were created as one many years ago. You have spent your entire existence trying to protect the family line that was left behind after you were taken from the waking life. And now, there are many more threats than you ever realized.

Matriarch: Send the host a PM every night to protect somebody from the myriad of threats aligning against you all.

Personal Win Condition: Make certain that Akasha is killed. If you guard a person who is being attacked by Akasha, you and Akasha both die, but you will be removed as a Winner.

Marius--
    marius.jpg

You are a Vampire. You did not ask to be a vampire, but you were created as one many years ago. You have spent your entire existence with art, and beauty, and love, and life. And you are not about to let that get ruined. You know that there is a war occuring between your relatives, your loves, and the others that populate the world. And you, you know how to create beauty, not mar it. But what can an artist do during a war?

Masque: You can change the appearance of one person per night, and they will come up as non threatening.

Personal Win Condition: Use your power to protect Lestat and keep him alive.

Neutral

Dracula—
    vlad-dracula.jpg

Children. Pathetic, mewling children. They’re only barely worth your notice; they wouldn’t be, if they weren’t so bloody insistent on killing you. You are, at least as far as you are concerned, the oldest and most powerful of them all. Now if only you could do something about the rest of them…

Invulnerability: You, being as old and powerful as you are, are nearly impossible to kill. It would take the collective efforts of the entire vampire populace to do anything about you… at least, so you believe.

Win Condition: Survive to the end of the game without joining any faction. You cannot accept anyone else’s mastery.

Van Helsing—
    van_helsing.jpg

Monsters. All of them. Every last one of them deserves to be destroyed. And you’re just the man to do it. You’re a vampire expert, and the world’s only successful vampire hunter, that you know of anyway. And you’re after one specific vampire.

Dracula.

Vampires can only be killed if you drive a wooden stake through their heart, cut off their heads, and stuff their mouths with holy wafers. You, naturally, brought all of those things with you.

Stakes and Wafers: You have five wooden stakes that you may use in any quantity at any time. Once you have used a stake, it is gone, and using these stakes is the only way to kill Dracula. Use them wisely.

Primary Win Condition: Personally kill Dracula. If you do so, you will be removed from the game as a victor.
    If Dracula dies to the vote, Van Helsing’s win condition changes and he is then informed of this.
    Secondary Win Condition: Lone wolf, sole survivor.

lonelyahava on
  • Options
    AriviaArivia I Like A Challenge Earth-1Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    oh, yeah, btw

selling out psolms was the best ever thing

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    This is how psolms approached me:
    Aug 02 21:40:30 <psolms> ill also try this method
    Aug 02 21:40:48 <psolms> i need you to take the vote off me and on to jaenther in vampire phalla please
    Aug 02 21:42:21 <psolms> i have reason to believe that he is caine
    Aug 02 21:57:40 <Arivia> who are you, then?
    Aug 02 21:57:55 <psolms> just a man, trying to stay alive
    Aug 02 21:57:56 <psolms> :P
    Aug 02 21:58:19 <psolms> im darla
    Aug 02 21:58:24 <Arivia> haha.
    Aug 02 21:58:29 <psolms> ?
    Aug 02 21:58:39 <Arivia> Nothing, I just know who Darla is.
    Aug 02 21:58:44 <psolms> well damn
    Aug 02 21:58:53 <psolms> im trying to protect my identity
    Aug 02 21:59:00 <psolms> because burnage is after me
    Aug 02 21:59:07 <psolms> dr. acula does not want to die
    Aug 02 21:59:12 <Arivia> and on the vampire scale, I think she'd be the only one I wouldn't wish on someone other than some fucking sparkles.
    Aug 02 21:59:57 <psolms> do you know anyone with a kill?
    Aug 02 22:00:05 <Arivia> no.
    Aug 02 22:00:08 <psolms> cause i could use some 'kill burnage tonight' action
    Aug 02 22:00:14 <Arivia> I have this weird seering thing.
    Aug 02 22:00:19 <psolms> ah
    Aug 02 22:00:25 <Arivia> wait, so are you dracula or darla? I am confused
    Aug 02 22:00:33 <psolms> fuck
    Aug 02 22:00:43 <psolms> i thought you meant you knew someone else who was darla
    Aug 02 22:00:50 <psolms> im dracula
    Aug 02 22:00:57 <psolms> claiming to be darla to burnage
    Aug 02 22:00:59 <Arivia> haha.
    Aug 02 22:01:04 <psolms> he had someone else claim darla
    Aug 02 22:01:11 <psolms> when she dies from his stake tonight
    Aug 02 22:01:14 <psolms> i will die next
    Aug 02 22:01:22 <psolms> so i need burn dead tonight
    Aug 02 22:06:18 <Arivia> okay, throwing the vote on jaenther for you
    Aug 02 22:06:27 <psolms> thank you
    Aug 02 22:06:45 <psolms> and if you find anyone with a nightly kill, please, send them my way
    Aug 02 22:07:13 <psolms> as in, tell them to contact me, not kill me :P
    Aug 02 22:07:21 <Arivia> will do
    Aug 02 22:07:29 <psolms> thanks
    Aug 02 23:18:10 <psolms> damn.. did you tell burnage i was dracula?
    Aug 02 23:18:17 <Arivia> damn straight
    Aug 02 23:18:30 <psolms> alright
    Aug 02 23:18:34 <psolms> any reason?
    Aug 02 23:18:50 <psolms> other than wanting to have a nice grudge from me?
    Aug 02 23:18:51 <psolms> :P
    Aug 02 23:19:14 <Arivia> because dracula has nothing to offer my role, but the possibility of networking does and you confirmed Burnage for me, so I had nothing to lose
    Aug 02 23:19:36 <psolms> burnage was removed from the game
    Aug 02 23:19:51 <psolms> so your networking with him is non existant
    Aug 02 23:20:03 <psolms> also, he said he would be removed when he killed me
    Aug 02 23:20:22 <Arivia> I didn't say I was networking with burnage
    Aug 02 23:20:46 <psolms> i really dont understand then
    Aug 02 23:20:50 <psolms> it doesnt matter
    Aug 02 23:20:54 <psolms> nice stab
    Aug 02 23:20:58 <Arivia> it's fine, nice try anyway
    Aug 02 23:21:02 <psolms> grudge incoming
    Aug 02 23:21:03 <psolms> :P
    Aug 02 23:21:54 <Arivia> excellent, my first grudge
    Aug 02 23:22:06 <Arivia> don't run with it, you might drop it and hurt yourself
    Aug 02 23:22:07 <Arivia> yes mother
    Aug 02 23:22:20 <psolms> now i just have to hope someone is inactive in infamous
    Aug 02 23:22:30 <psolms> then you can join and be immediatly killed
    Aug 02 23:23:59 <Arivia> yay!

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    KrataLightbladeKrataLightblade Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Burnage wrote: »

that was rough.

Psolms, you really should have just not gotten in touch with me. There were ten or so people who didn't give me any info, and since I could only kill five people in one night, you would have had a 50% chance of living. As opposed to giving me the role info of another player who'd already been in touch with me, which gave me a total of two reasonable targets.

You could only kill five people. Ever.

and your "stakes" only worked as kills against Dracula or Whedonverse vampires.

WoD vampires wuld've been incapacitated/nulled for a night if you'd staked them. Ricean and Twilight would've been completely unaffected.

KrataLightblade on
    LEVEL 50 SWORD JUGGLER/WIZARD!
  • Options
    BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Arivia wrote: »
    oh, yeah, btw

selling out psolms was the best ever thing

I was going to be hitting psolms that night anyway, you just confirmed it. <3 My original kill order was actually psolms, Brian, and you - just in case - but I decided to be nice. If I'd been any nicer, I would've killed Orange Soda for you.

The worst thing about this phalla was that, going into it, I was determined to kill all Twilight vampires. Then one guarded me and another confirmed my nemesis for me. Why must you be so helpful, you glittery bastards?

Burnage on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Kime: Your power was indeed a roleblock/null.

KrataLightblade on
  • Options
    JobastionJobastion Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I'd like to say as an outside observer, that JACOB MOTHERFUCKING WILHELM was excellently written. And well played. Course, I like to see things explode, so... :)

Jobastion on
    Recommended reading - Worm (Superhero Genre) & Pact (Modern Fantasy Thriller) |
    Backlog Wars - Sonic Generations | Steam!
    Viewing the forums through rose colored glasses... or Suriko's Ye Old Style and The PostCount/TimeStamp Restoral Device
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    well damn... i just didnt think i could get it moved without your support burn. all well. well played sir.

psolms on
  • Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    And, the details of the clusterfuck.

DAY ONE
    Obbi (tremere) Nullification on Shalmelo (Louis)+
    Kime (Jasper) Nullification on Shalmelo (louis)+
    Delmain (Bella) Mental guard on Kay (Maharet)+
    Hippie (Nosferatu) Obfuscate on Sunkist (James)+
    Kay (Maharet) Guard on Wildcat (Ventrue)+
    SpectralSpork (Akasha) Kill on Burnage (Van Helsing) +
    Sunkist (James) Kill on Crimson (Drusilla)+
    Element Brian (Darla) Seducing Kime (Jasper)+
    CJ (Edward) investigates Hylianbunny (malkavian)---
    Mr D (Brujah) Kill on Crimson (Drusilla)+
    Jason Todd (Xander) Kill on Delmain (Bella)+
    coutts (Claudia) Seer on Spork (Akasha)---
    DJ (Master) Redirect Kill on Spork (Akasha)+
    Delmain (Bella) Guard on Kay (Maharet)+
    Hylian (Malkavian) Inflict On Kay (Maharet)--
    Crimson (Drusilla) Visions on Azn (Marius)---
    Sloth (Angel) Guard on DJ (Master)++
    Shalmelo (louis) Null on psolms (Dracula) ----
    Tommy (Gangrel) Guard on Kay (Maharet)---
    Arivia (Alice) Investigate on Hylian (Malkavian)++

Kay (Maharet) Winner
    SpectralSpork (Akasha) Dead by Maharet's Martyrdom
    Delmain (Bella) Dead by Willow
    Cj iwakura (Edward) Dead by being stupid Romeo
    Nocturne (Willow) Dead by Enraged and Grieving Edward
    Crimsoncoyote (Drusilla) Double Dead by Brujah and James
    Kime (Jasper) Dead by Mobbing

Inactivity Warnings:

Exarch

DAY TWO
    Exarch (Spike) Kill on Trust (lestat)
    Sunkist (James) Kill on Mr D (Brujah)
    Element Brian (Darla) Seduce TehSloth (Angel)
    garroad_ran (Emmett) Guard on Burnage (Van Helsing)
    aznman (Marius) Masque on Obbi (Tremere)
    aznman (Marius) Donate Blood to Obbi (tremere)
    Hippie (Nosferatu) Role Seer on Tommy (Gangrel)
    Mr D (Brujah) Kill on Element Brian (Darla)
    Wildcat (Ventrue) BusDriver on Dunadan & Mr. D (Rosalie & Brujah)
    coutts (Claudia) Seer on DJ (The Master)
    Hylian (Malkavian) Seer Visions on Exarch (Spike)
    Tommy (Gangrel) Guard on Burnage (Van Helsing)
    Shalmelo (Louis) Null on Jaenther (Toreador)
    Jason Todd (Xander) Kill on Obbi (tremere)
    Obbi (Tremere) Nulls Tommy (Gangrel)
    Arivia (Alice) Seers Burnage (Van Helsing)
    Burnage (Van Helsing) Stakes Psolms (Dracula)
    Burnage (Van Helsing) Stakes Element Brian (Darla)
    Burnage (Van Helsing) Stakes Arivia (Alice)
    TehSloth (Angel) Guard on DJ (Master)

James tries to kill Brujah, but is Dominated into killing Rosalie.
    Spike kills Lestat
    Darla seduces Angel into Angelus, only to end up being killed by Brujah
    Emmet stands guard over Van Helsing
    Claudia spends the night looking at The Master
    Malkavian spends the night talking about Spike (Seer)
    Marius both protects and donates blood to Tremere
    Nosferatu sneaks around Gangrel
    Gangrel reluctantly guards Van Helsing
    Xanders kills Tremere
    Tremere blocks Gangrel
    Alice gets a vision of Van Helsing
    Van Helsing takes aim with 3 stakes, killing Darla, Alice Cullen, and Dracula
    Angelus protects the Master

dunadan019 (Rosalie)- Dead by James
    Trust (Lestat)- Dead by Spike
    Element Brian (Darla) Dead by Brujah and Van Helsing
    Obbi (Tremere)- Dead by Xander
    Psolms (Dracula)- Dead by Van Helsing
    Jaenther (Torreador)- Dead by Mobbing

Burnage has been Removed as a Winner

DAY THREE
    Tommy (Gangrel) Guard on Hippie (Nosferatu) [Marius]
    Mmr D (Brujah) Kill on Arivia (alice)
    Exarch (Spike) Kill on Hylian (Malkavian)
    Sunkist (James) Kill on Wildcat (Ventrue)
    Hippie (Nosferatu) Investigate Hylian (Malkavian)
    garroad Ran (Emmett) Guard on Arivia (Alice)
    Wildcat (Ventrue) Busdriver on Hippie (Nosferatu) and Azn (Marius)
    Hylian (Malkavian) Seer on Sunkist (James)
    Shalmelo (Louis) Null on Sunkist (James)
    Jason Todd (Xander) Kill on Exarch (Spike)
    coutts (Claudia) Seer on Hylian (Malkavian)
    Sloth (Angelus) Kill on Arivia (Alice)
    Arivia (Alice) Seer on Sloth (Angelus)
    Dj (master) Redirect Exarch onto Sunkist

Gangrel tries to guard Nosferatu, but is Dominated into guarding marius
    Brujah tries to kill Alice but is stopped by Emmett
    Spike kills Angelus
    Xander kills Spike
    Nosferatu stares at Malkavian
    Malkavian stares at James
    Louis guilt trips James so that James cannot kill Ventrue
    Claudia looks at Malkavian
    Angelus kills Alice
    Alice gets vision of Angelus
    The Master commands Spike to not kill Malkavian but to kill James

Results

Exarch (Spike)- Dead by Xander
    Arivia (Alice)- Dead by Angelus
    Orange Soda (James)- Dead by Spike
    iamtheaznman (Marius)- Dead by mobbing

DAY FOUR
    garroad_ran (emmett) Guard on DJ (The Master)
    Mr D (Brujah JMFW) Kill on DJ (The Master)
    Wildcat (Ventrue) Busdrive Lawinator (Amrand) and coutts (claudia)
    shalmelo (Louis) Guiting Sloth (Angelus)
    Hippie (Nosferatu) Seering garroad_ran (emmett)
    Jason Todd (Xander) Kill on Shalmelo (louis)
    Sloth (Angelus) Kill on Hylian (malkavian)
    Hylian (Malkavian) Dementate on TehSloth (angelus)

Emmet is guarding the Master
    Brujah is trying to kill the Master
    Louis guilt trips Angelus
    Xander kills Louis
    Angelus tries to kill Malkavia
    Nosferatu keeps an eye on Emmett
    Malkavian dementates Angelus

Angelus post restriction: replace L with R and end each word with a capitaL

Results

Shalmelo (louis)- Dead by Xander
    Dunedainjedi (The Master)- Dead by Revolution
    DAY FIVE
    Mr D. (Brujah) Kill on garroad_ran (emmett)
    Grimmy (Gangrel) Guard on Mr D (brujah)
    coutts (claudia) Seer Hippie (nosferatu)
    Jason Todd (Xander) Kill on garroad_ran (emmett)
    garroad_ran (Emmett) Guard on Wildcat (Ventrue)
    Sloth (Angelus) Kill on Hylian (malkavian)

Brujah and Xander both kill Emmett
    Emmett is desperately trying to protect Ventrue
    Claudia looks at Nosferatu
    Angelus kills Malkavian
    Gangrel guards Brujah

Results
    garroad_ran (emmett) Dead by Brujah and Xander
    Hylianbunny (Malkavian) Dead by Angelus
    Jason Todd (Xander) Dead by Mobbing

DAY SIX

grimmy (Gangrel) Guard on Mr. D (brujah)
    Mr D (Brujah) Kill on Sloth (Angelus)
    Sloth (Angelus) Kill on Lawinator (Armand)

Gangrel guards Brujah
    Brujah kills Angelus
    Angelus kills Armand
    Ventrue and Claudia both die to the Mob

Results
    TehSloth (Angelus) -Dead by Brujah
    TheLawinator (armand)- Dead by Angelus
    coutts (Claudia)-- Dead by Mobbing

DAY SEVEN
    Mr D (Brujah) Kill on GrimmyTOA (Gangrel)
    Wildcat (Ventrue) Busdriver on Wildcat (Ventrue) and Mr D (Brujah)

Brujah kills Gangrel

Results
    GrimmyTOA (Gangrel)-- Dead by Brujah
    Wildcat (Ventrue)-- Dead to Vote

lonelyahava on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Jobastion wrote: »
    I'd like to say as an outside observer, that JACOB MOTHERFUCKING WILHELM was excellently written. And well played. Course, I like to see things explode, so... :)

I've gotten several PMs about him.

I want to thank everyone that complimented the narrations. I asked the WoD players to name their characters for me, but their play in narration itself was all up to me.

I was really surprised when Tommy wanted the name Beckett, but hey, it worked out!

KrataLightblade on
  • Options
    NocturneNocturne Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I FUCKING GOT KILLED BY FUCKING EDWARD

I HATE YOU ALL

Nocturne on
  • Options
    Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    are you telling me that I was the only person in this entire game without an ability?

HOW FUCKING LAME IS THAT!

Dunadan019 on
  • Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    are you telling me that I was the only person in this entire game without an ability?

You had me!

kime on
    Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    edited August 2009

Yeah... we're actually kinda sorry about that.

We had debated on a series of abilities for Rosalie, but we just couldn't make any of them fit.

KrataLightblade on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Oh yeah.

and we're also sorry about getting Jasper/Rosalie and Emmet/Alice mixed up.

We misremembered. Apologies to any Twilight fans out there. (not that I think there would be any, here)

KrataLightblade on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    i had limited invulnerability... but no other ability duna..

btw, what would it have protected me from krata/ahava?

psolms on
  • Options
    SpectralSporkSpectralSpork Registered User regular
    edited August 2009

Awesome.

SpectralSpork on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    i had limited invulnerability... but no other ability duna..

btw, what would it have protected me from krata/ahava?

You were invulnerable to everything other than Van Helsing or the Vote.

Unless someone nulled you, in which case you'd be able to be killed that night, naturally.

KrataLightblade on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Explanations for Fealty/Love/Worship Win Conditions

Wildcat and Dunedainjedi had the "Fealty" win condition. Their win conditions were essentially the same, with the caveat that DJ didn't have to convince his factionmates to swear; they were already working for him (except Angel, until and unless he became Angelus). Jaenther had Love, which required everyone to publicly state that they loved him. SpectralSpork had "Worship", which required everyone to worship her publicly.

The upside of doing any of these things was simple: A permanently masoned group that could not be broken up in any way. Swearing fealty/declaring love/worshipping could only be retracted the same day it was declared; after that, you were permanently converted (voluntarily) to the recipient's faction. You could only swear to one person. Trying to swear to more than one would've just failed.

The downsides of swearing to someone were that your powers became unreliable. The exact effects varied by power, but were generally a chance for the power to either fail or not function perfectly. This mostly represented the loss of will and drive that would've been enforced on you by your master.

Also, anyone swearing to join someone else would've achieved only "survival/marginal" win. Some of you might have considered this acceptable, others miht not have. The upshot is that your master becomes supreme ruler of vampirekind if you all eliminate all other vampires.

Accepting a fealty win condition was actually the one way we considered both the hardest to achieve for the master, and the worst way to win for everyone else. We knew that some of you would be willing to accept that, and that some of you would violently oppose it, and we frankly approved of that.

KrataLightblade on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    I hope you guys enjoyed reading/playing/dying in the game. It was enjoyable to run.

Just so you know.

There was no mafia.

There was no village.

Everyone was mafia.

Everyone was village.

The idea was to see what you all would do with choosing between factional and personal win conditions. And who was good at selling who out, and just how convincing are you able to be. Can you sway the other players to your argument? Can you convince them that you know what's going on? Can you stay alive long enough to make an impossible sounding win condition (like Dementation for example) into something doable.

Krata and I are big fans of VtM and the Whedonverse. Our favorite aspects of VtM are the politics (well, for me at least). When you're going to live forever, eventually everything becomes politics.

And this was an experiment in Phalla Politics. And I'm really thinking that in that regard, Kay wins.

Edit:: Everyone but Dracula and Van Helsing. They were Neutrals.

lonelyahava on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Special notes

There were a lot of hidden mechanics in this game that none of the players saw. Ahava and I decided we wanted chaos; chaos was exactly what we got. And to our credit, we got a game that was full of paranoia and double-dealing from day 1 to Final Night. I swear, I'd love to see what all of you were PMing back and forth! To be a fly on those walls...

There were a lot of ways this game could end, and every ending depended on who'd achieved their win conditions, how, which ones, and when. I'd originally intended to create a sort of "points" system by which achieving win conditions earned you a given number of points that'd be tallied at the end of the game, but I never got around to it.

The ending we got, however, was actually perfect as far as we're concerned, and Ahava and I are very happy with it. Pretty much every group had some kind of traitor by the way, and the WoD vampires were pretty much all designed to be potential traitors to their own faction. Anyone who's played V:tM will know very well that Mr D was perfectly in theme, and Ahava and I consider his win to be absolutely excellent. We gave all of you personal win conditions for a reason, after all.

I enjoyed getting to write the narrations, and hope I can do so again sometime. Some of you approve of the way it ended, many of you won't. We'll apologize if we upset anyone with how the game played out, but we won't regret it. The game was fucking awesome, and we had a lot of fun with it. We hope you did too.

Thanks for playing, and for watching, everybody.
    PS: You can lay the blame for MOST of the nastier win conditions at my feet. I promise, when I run my main (whenever that finally rolls around), it'll be a lot more traditional and there won't be nearly as much intentionally-built-in Screw Your Neighbor.

Either way, I think this was the most fun Phalla I've been a part of thus far.

KrataLightblade on
  • Options
    ExarchExarch Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Fun game, sorry I was inactive day one, I missed game start and didn't check back till an hour and a half after close.

Roleplaying Spike was fun as hell.

Exarch on
    No gods or kings, only man.
    LoL: BunyipAristocrat
  • Options
    garroad_rangarroad_ran Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Yeah guys, awesome, awesome game.

I was actually afraid of Jacob. Every narration just made me feel like the motherfucker could come after me next... and eventually he did >_<

Incidentally, I missed night one, then on night two I guarded a player who emerged victorious, night three I guarded Arivia who was double-killed, and night four I guarded the master who died to the vote, and night five I was offed myself. Every player I talked to ended up leaving the game the following night >_<

Incidentally, Arivia, why didn't you write me back!?

garroad_ran on
  • Options
    edited August 2009

I didn't think there was much to say in response. Like, okay, gotcha, sure don't really count as good reasons to send a PM normally in my books.

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    HippieHippie Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I throughly enjoyed this game. And I found my personal win condition very fun to work out.

A+

Hippie on
  • Options
    HippieHippie Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    One thing i'v never been sure of, was how to approach people via PMs, etc. I kinda just went with an RP twist to it.

How is it normally done?

Hippie on
  • Options
    HylianbunnyHylianbunny Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Different approaches for different people - though I find if people approach me with a role to play we whisper in kind.

Hylianbunny on
  • Options
    dunedainjedidunedainjedi Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    See I told you all we could have a weird semi quasi win together.

Assholes.

dunedainjedi on
  • Options
    garroad_rangarroad_ran Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Arivia wrote: »

I didn't think there was much to say in response. Like, okay, gotcha, sure don't really count as good reasons to send a PM normally in my books.

Fair enough. Would've been nice to trade role info or something. Not that it would've done us much good, haha.

garroad_ran on
  • Options
    B:LB:L I've done worse. Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Needed moar Chocula.

B:L on
    10mvrci.png click for Anime chat
  • Options
    GrimmyTOAGrimmyTOA Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Lame.

Coming in as a sub there was little to do here except be played by mr d. I played it straight with him and got killed because he wanted the better of two victories. Can't even be bothered to grudge him, given that he just disappoints rather than enrages me.

GrimmyTOA on