Options

New School thread

• Options
    Dead LegendDead Legend Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    all of my classes are so far away from each other, i have so many blisters from walking and it's only my third day.

Don't worry, it's good for you.

Dead Legend on
    diablo III - beardsnbeer#1508 Mechwarrior Online - Rusty Bock
  • Options
    Grim OutlookGrim Outlook Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    yeah that's what i figure. the school has this great gym on campus and i was planning on using it after classes and stuff, but by then i'm so beat i don't have the energy to do anything.

Grim Outlook on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    yeah that's what i figure. the school has this great gym on campus and i was planning on using it after classes and stuff, but by then i'm so beat i don't have the energy to do anything.

Within about a week, the walks won't even affect you, and you'll have a lot more energy to burn, and you'll be hitting up the gym.

Unless you prefer to focus your energies elsewhere like chasing tail, getting drunk, smoking the reefer, or perhaps doing your studies.

Dead Legend on
  • Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    edited August 2009

Within about a week, the walks won't even affect you, and you'll have a lot more energy to burn, and you'll be hitting up the gym.

Unless you prefer to focus your energies elsewhere like chasing tail, getting drunk, smoking the reefer, or perhaps doing your studies.

The walking will also help you avoid the fabled freshmen 15.

My first year I actually lost five pounds from all the walking I had to do in conjunction with doing fencing.

Zonugal on
    Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    TheLawinatorTheLawinator Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I move in tomorrow morning. Fun stuff.

TheLawinator on
    My SteamID Gamertag and PSN: TheLawinator
  • Options
    Cold Salmon and HatredCold Salmon and Hatred __BANNED USERS regular
    edited August 2009
    5 days until I move in

12 days until I start classes

Cold Salmon and Hatred on
  • Options
    Cold Salmon and HatredCold Salmon and Hatred __BANNED USERS regular
    edited August 2009
    well actually a week and one day until I move in

but im going to ottawa three days early

Cold Salmon and Hatred on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Zonugal wrote: »

The walking will also help you avoid the fabled freshmen 15.

My first year I actually lost five pounds from all the walking I had to do in conjunction with doing fencing.

Yeah, I lost about 10 pounds in the fall semester from walking a lot, in addition to drinking a lot. Then in the spring, when I started lifting again, I gained all my muscle back.

Dead Legend on
  • Options
    Grim OutlookGrim Outlook Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    i don't know anyone on campus so everyday i try to strike up at least one good conversation.

it kind of sucks when you start talking to a cute girl and you really hit it off and then after like 30 minutes of talking she's just like "oh yeah, my boyfriend really likes that band too."

that's happened a lot.

Grim Outlook on
  • Options
    ProbadProbad Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    i don't know anyone on campus so everyday i try to strike up at least one good conversation.

it kind of sucks when you start talking to a cute girl and you really hit it off and then after like 30 minutes of talking she's just like "oh yeah, my boyfriend really likes that band too."

that's happened a lot.

If they're freshman, just wait until the first semester is over.

Probad on
  • Options
    LiiyaLiiya Registered User regular
    edited August 2009

that's happened a lot.

Try being a florist:

"Oh, hello there, can I help you?"
    "Yeah I'd like flowers for my girlfriend."
    "Oh."

Eee I start my part-time level three floristry on the 10th, it'll be strange to be working as well at college-ing but I'm looking forward to getting into more detailed designs and theories. Not looking forward to the coursework and near weekly exams so much.

Liiya on
  • Options
    KovakKovak did a lot of drugs married cher?Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    since when does boyfriend mean anything in college

Kovak on
  • Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    One of my residents last year attempted to test how popular I was at my college, so he decided for one week whenever he met someone new he'd start off with saying that he knew me.

He met 12 new people and 11 of them knew me.

Zonugal on
  • Options
    Casually HardcoreCasually Hardcore Once an Asshole. Trying to be better. Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    So one of my classes consists of me spending a lot of money to read this god damn book and then writing about my feelings about this book.

I was alright with this until I realize that I am spending a lot of my god damn money to read a fucking book and then write about my feelings on what I have read, then I was all like 'fuck that' and dropped it. God damn philosophy classes, why the hell does an engineer needs philosophy?

Casually Hardcore on
  • Options
    Penguin IncarnatePenguin Incarnate King of Kafiristan Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Probad wrote: »

that's happened a lot.

If they're freshman, just wait until the first semester is over.
    Nah, you don't even need to wait around that long.

Penguin Incarnate on
  • Options
    Charles KinboteCharles Kinbote Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    So one of my classes consists of me spending a lot of money to read this god damn book and then writing about my feelings about this book.

I was alright with this until I realize that I am spending a lot of my god damn money to read a fucking book and then write about my feelings on what I have read, then I was all like 'fuck that' and dropped it. God damn philosophy classes, why the hell does an engineer needs philosophy?

not so much as engineer is needs grammar

Charles Kinbote on
  • Options
    ProbadProbad Registered User regular
    edited August 2009

not so much as engineer is needs grammar

You're a witty motherfucker, Shank. Anyway, it sounds like a problem if your philosophy class culminates in a paper on your feelings.

Probad on
  • Options
    Casually HardcoreCasually Hardcore Once an Asshole. Trying to be better. Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Well, it's a online class that is mandatory. I wouldn't mind taking the class if there's a lecture, but it's just me reading this book and then writing about it. Seriously, if they want my money for a degree, then they can have it. Just don't make me jump through hoops for some BS reason like 'A better rounded citizen'.

Casually Hardcore on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    You're bitching about writing for an online class?

Why don't you engineer yourself some balls and quit boring us?

Penguin Incarnate on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Here's my idea, how about you give me a few thousand dollars to read a book and write about it ? What, you think that idea sucks? Exactly.

Casually Hardcore on
  • Options
    unintentionalunintentional smelly Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    so I just found out two wonderful, wonderful things:

1) Roller Coaster Tycoon is still fun
    2) It runs on my laptop

unintentional on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    ahaha I love it when people whine about distribution requirements

way to totally miss the point of post-secondary education, bud

Charles Kinbote on
  • Options
    TasteticleTasteticle Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    shank now correct me if I am wrong but have you even started your post secondary education

Tasteticle on

Uh-oh I accidentally deleted my signature. Uh-oh!!
  • Options
    ZoolanderZoolander Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    philosophers should have to take real engineering classes
    that would be pretty funny

Zoolander on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Here's my idea, how about you give me a few thousand dollars to read a book and write about it ? What, you think that idea sucks? Exactly.
    Like a book review? That sounds great!

Penguin Incarnate on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Zoolander wrote: »
    Like this guy?

Penguin Incarnate on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Tasteticle wrote: »
    shank now correct me if I am wrong but have you even started your post secondary education

yes I have

Charles Kinbote on
  • Options
    edited August 2009

yes I have

woops

I thought you had just finished high school

Tasteticle on

• Options
    edited August 2009
    ahaha I love it when people whine about distribution requirements

way to totally miss the point of post-secondary education, bud

If the idea behind post-secondary education is to throw a bunch of money at an institution to get a degree, then I have no problem behind this class. But, I expect more from my education. If I'm going to be spending this amount of money, then I want my lectures, my discussions, my arguments, and so on. But submitting an e-mail with my paper attached every two weeks is not something I expect, nor willing to pay for.

Casually Hardcore on
  • Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    edited August 2009

which would kind of point to you being an idiot for taking that deal wouldn't it?

Tube on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Zoolander wrote: »
    Like this guy?
    Archimedes of Syracuse (Greek: Ἀρχιμήδης; c. 287 BC – c. 212 BC) was a Greek mathematician, physicist, engineer, inventor, and astronomer.

not quite

Zoolander on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Same difference.

Penguin Incarnate on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    God damn philosophy classes, why the hell does an engineer needs philosophy?

jurassic_park_ver2.jpg

Because this stuff typically happens when engineers aren't introduced to subjects such a humility and ethics.

Zonugal on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Same difference.
    no
    not at all

Zoolander on
  • Options
    edited August 2009

jurassic_park_ver2.jpg

Because this stuff typically happens when engineers aren't introduced to subjects such a humility and ethics.

You mean my dreams will come true?

Casually Hardcore on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    What program do the mass comm students make fun of?

Tasteticle on

• Options
    edited August 2009

Theatre Arts?

Zonugal on
  • Options
    edited August 2009

they don't quite realize that they're the joke?

Dead Legend on
  • Options
    edited August 2009

jurassic_park_ver2.jpg

jeff_goldblum_is_watching_you_poop.jpg

Zoolander on
  • Options
    Drew-BDrew-B Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I don't even think you can major in Mass Comm here. It's part of the journalism program.

Drew-B on
This discussion has been closed.