As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The most interesting [chat] in the world.

• Options
    NocturneNocturne Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Sarksus wrote: »
    I might resort to killing a man if Intel would stop designing their heat sinks in such a way as to inspire blind rage whenever one attempts to install one.

Honestly I feel like the processor is being pulverized as I push the stupid thing down. It won't go in!

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks this. I also felt like an old man with my newest Intel, because I was like "Fuck instructions! It's a goddamn processor I've done this so many times!" as I fought with this plastic contraption that was trying its hardest to thwart my efforts.

Nocturne on
  • Options
    SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Oh boy. Time to install the power supply. With such a small case this is going to be like stuffing an octopus inside of a conch shell.

Sarksus on
  • Options
    PowerpuppiesPowerpuppies drinking coffee in the mountain cabinRegistered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Does anybody in chat play DnD 4E? I haven't played since 2 or 2.5 or something and would like to be able to make a character sheet by Friday.

Powerpuppies on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    HakkekageHakkekage Space Whore Academy summa cum laudeRegistered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Res wrote: »
    Hakks don't say you're going to bomb anything. You've been posting angrily, you're Iranian, and you're probably being monitored by the DOD.
    DOD please come take me away so i dont have to do this fucking final

uh

death to america

Hakkekage on
    3DS: 2165 - 6538 - 3417
    NNID: Hakkekage
  • Options
    IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Hakkekage wrote: »
    Hakk: Write it down in acronym form. Just the main points. Don't try to remember everything.
    it's just...such bullshit. There is a cumulative part and a part that is only stuff from the last exam. Except the stuff from the last exam has at LEAST 75+ more than the last exam had, AND these artists are much lesser known

And modern art is so much more difficult to retain and understand

and

i am going to shoot myself

This is the nature of academics in the arts. It's as much a cultural training course as it is any kind of teaching of craft.

Incenjucar on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    I don't know exactly how I stumbled upon this place. Somehow migrated over here from the (oh god) GameFAQs message boards, though I'd been reading the comics for a while. Lurked a long while. Posted mainly in G&T. Moved over to D&D.

Nocturne on
  • Options
    stiliststilist Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Nocturne wrote: »
    I might resort to killing a man if Intel would stop designing their heat sinks in such a way as to inspire blind rage whenever one attempts to install one.

Honestly I feel like the processor is being pulverized as I push the stupid thing down. It won't go in!
    I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks this. I also felt like an old man with my newest Intel, because I was like "Fuck instructions! It's a goddamn processor I've done this so many times!" as I fought with this plastic contraption that was trying its hardest to thwart my efforts.
    Dudes, man vs. machine is one of the oldest struggles. Homer wrote his epics as a way to calm down after upgrading his abacus.

stilist on
    I poop things on my site and twitter
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Does anybody in chat play DnD 4E? I haven't played since 2 or 2.5 or something and would like to be able to make a character sheet by Friday.

Many of us do. Have you tried the free trial of DDI? Character Builder rocks pretty hard.

Incenjucar on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    stilist wrote: »

Dudes, man vs. machine is one of the oldest struggles. Homer wrote his epics as a way to calm down after upgrading his abacus.

:lol:

Nocturne on
  • Options
    GimGim a tall glass of water Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Woo, new best time in Minesweeper.

Gim on
  • Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Hakks don't say you're going to bomb anything. You've been posting angrily, you're Iranian, and you're probably being monitored by the DOD.
    And causing us to be monitored by the DOD :|

TL DR on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    I don't know exactly how I stumbled upon this place. Somehow migrated over here from the (oh god) GameFAQs message boards, though I'd been reading the comics for a while. Lurked a long while. Posted mainly in G&T. Moved over to D&D.

I came here from the PVP forums.

No idea how I got there.

Incenjucar on
  • Options
    GimGim a tall glass of water Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Somehow migrated over here from the (oh god) GameFAQs message boards

Shaaaaaaame

Gim on
  • Options
    edited May 2009

The DOD is not the agency that has a reason to watch this forum. :P

Incenjucar on
  • Options
    SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Oh I am getting my ass kicked here.

Sarksus on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Oh man. I found something Rad would find amusing.

Incenjucar on
  • Options
    PowerpuppiesPowerpuppies drinking coffee in the mountain cabinRegistered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Incenjucar wrote: »

Many of us do. Have you tried the free trial of DDI? Character Builder rocks pretty hard.

Any chance your generosity would extend to a link?

Powerpuppies on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Gim wrote: »
    Somehow migrated over here from the (oh god) GameFAQs message boards

Shaaaaaaame

I'll have you know my GameFAQs account is from 2000!

Kinda weird though being the 33,000 something registered user when now there's at least 5,000,000 if the first person I clicked on is a good indication.

Nocturne on
  • Options
    edited May 2009

http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/insider/freetrial

http://forums.penny-arcade.com/showthread.php?t=89193

Welcome back to the fold.

Incenjucar on
  • Options
    PotatoNinjaPotatoNinja Fake Gamer Goat Registered User regular
    edited May 2009

http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/4dnd/dndtestdrive

*edit* CURSE YOU INITIATIVE ROLL, CURSE YOUUUUUUU!

PotatoNinja on
    Two goats enter, one car leaves
  • Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    House is so awesome oh my god

Elendil on
  • Options
    edited May 2009

I have a feat that lets me apply my Charisma to Initiative in place of my Dexterity.

Incenjucar on
  • Options
    _J__J_ Pedant Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited May 2009
    By the power of Grayskull I have power again!

I lost power on Friday due to an "in-land hurricane" which completely destroyed the area. Broken / uprooted trees were all over the place, power lines / poles / transformers were down. Homes have been destroyed. Cars have been destroyed. Our shit got fucked up.

But power has been returned, and the people across the street do not have power yet.

God smiles upon me and provides me with electricity.

_J_ on
  • Options
    edited May 2009

I have a feat that lets me apply my Charisma to Initiative in place of my Dexterity.

I have CLERIC SPEED.

PotatoNinja on
  • Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Wow, puzzle quest is fucking amazing.

Now that I've got some levels under my belts and enough moves to really have a strategy it so much fun.

Just had such a tense battle against this troll who clobbered me at the beginning but then through very careful maneuvering I managed to slowly whittle him down while healing myself and denying him blue mana so he couldn't heal himself. I hovered around 10 HP for most of the fight.

Woooo!

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    _J_ wrote: »

I lost power on Friday due to an "in-land hurricane" which completely destroyed the area. Broken / uprooted trees were all over the place, power lines / poles / transformers were down. Homes have been destroyed. Cars have been destroyed. Our shit got fucked up.

But power has been returned, and the people across the street do not have power yet.

The rest of us never lost it

Elendil on
  • Options
    ResRes __BANNED USERS regular
    edited May 2009

But there are brown people here.

Res on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    edited May 2009

But this place is the bomb.

TL DR on
  • Options
    SenjutsuSenjutsu thot enthusiast Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    "Your right hand is playing too"

"....I don't want to discourage it"

Senjutsu on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    okay the medical mystery was actually kind of awful

Elendil on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    I am severely tempted to play the KOTOR MMO just because you can be a storm trooper type character and one of your attacks is to smack someone in the face with the butt of your rifle.

I can think of no better way to kill jedi.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    _J_ wrote: »

Same thing happened here last year. Worst windstorm in local history. Luckily, living in the city meant that my power was on 3 days before my friends in the affluent suburbs up north :D

TL DR on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    I am severely tempted to play the KOTOR MMO just because you can be a storm trooper type character and one of your attacks is to smack someone in the face with the butt of your rifle.

Yeah that page is pretty awesome.

Nocturne on
  • Options
    Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    I cannot connect to farcebook. Stupid telstra.

Apothe0sis on
  • Options
    ResRes __BANNED USERS regular
    edited May 2009
    Inquisitor wrote: »

wait wait wait wait

you can't play the KOTOR mmo yet

Res on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    I just received a package from my pa. There's a note attached, it says "Your mother and I have always felt bad about your dislike for a certain author. This book might help you reconsider."

I peek inside and see "Jane Au...." and shudder. My opinion of Jane Austen is pretty low, and this wasn't exactly a point of argument with my folks, but they did believe I was a bit too harsh on her in particular for no good reason.

Oh well, another book on the booksh...

Wait...

What is this?

By Jane Austen and Seth Grahame-Smith?

Apparently my dad is kind of awesome.

PotatoNinja on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    wait wait wait wait

you can't play the KOTOR mmo yet

Duh?

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Apothe0sis wrote: »

Telstra is a vile thing.

Incenjucar on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Apothe0sis wrote: »
    If you give me your login info I'd be happy to check it for you.

TL DR on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    I just received a package from my pa. There's a note attached, it says "Your mother and I have always felt bad about your dislike for a certain author. This book might help you reconsider."

I peek inside and see "Jane Au...." and shudder. My opinion of Jane Austen is pretty low, and this wasn't exactly a point of argument with my folks, but they did believe I was a bit too harsh on her in particular for no good reason.

Oh well, another book on the booksh...

Wait...

What is this?

By Jane Austen and Seth Grahame-Smith?

Apparently my dad is kind of awesome.

Hahaha rad! :^:

Inquisitor on
This discussion has been closed.