Options

Kentucky Census Worker Hanged: Body Released

• Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    It's terrorism using any definition of the word.
    One form is the use of violence against noncombatants for the purpose of gaining publicity for a group, cause, or individual

Not every definition. This isn't the definition I'm a fan of, by the way

What?

That's ...

How? What?

EDIT: Turns out the murder was done on like 9-12 and is just getting a lot of attention now.

Things that make you go HMMM.

Uh.. sorry. Bad quote.

Whatever, the point was that some people would argue that government officials aren't civilians, like blowing up police stations isn't attacking the civilian populace.

But I think that's retarded! I just tried to clarify, terrorism as the american government uses the label

EDIT: Oh jesus christ if this was done by somebody who thinks the government was behind 9-11 or some bullshit like that, then fuck all civilized manners, just shoot all of them.

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    RonaldoTheGypsyRonaldoTheGypsy Yes, yes Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Methinks you aren't aware of what happened on 9-12, then

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taxpayer_March_on_Washington

EDIT: Or, if you can stand the dumb

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lUPMjC9mq5Y&feature=player_embedded

RonaldoTheGypsy on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Methinks you aren't aware of what happened on 9-12, then

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taxpayer_March_on_Washington

oh

uh

this is worse

also, no I didn't, american politics have been painful to pay attention to ever since obama was elected

and american dates confuse me

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    American Politics are painful for all of us.

I thought the election had some dumb shit while it was going on

and I was excited that things might get better.

For a while, a little bit ago, I told myself, "I can't stand it. I will just stop watching."

But I can't. I need to be informed. I want to be. Even if this awful tidal wave of shit keeps growing day by day - I still have to know what's going on in the country. Even if it makes me sick.

RonaldoTheGypsy on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    American Politics are painful for all of us.

I thought the election had some dumb shit while it was going on

and I was excited that things might get better.

For a while, a little bit ago, I told myself, "I can't stand it. I will just stop watching."

But I can't. I need to be informed. I want to be. Even if this awful tidal wave of shit keeps growing day by day - I still have to know what's going on in the country. Even if it makes me sick.

We paid attention during the election because we really wanted obama to win. And then hooray, now we can finally stop because jesus christ what a retarded campaign

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    It was dumb. Yes.

You figure, "Man, time to get the ball rollin' ..."

But no. An infinite wave of dumb. Fear tactics. Loud, violent people. Loud, violent STUPID people. Watch the video. It's ... so dumb.

RonaldoTheGypsy on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    It was dumb. Yes.

You figure, "Man, time to get the ball rollin' ..."

But no. An infinite wave of dumb. Fear tactics. Loud, violent people. Loud, violent STUPID people. Watch the video. It's ... so dumb.

Sorry, but no. I can't stand watching shit like that. I get so angry and frustrated at the stupidity of the world.

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    It's true. There is nothing reasonable about that video. Nothing they say. Nothing they shout. Nothing they believe.

I watch MSNBC (yeah, I am a pinko commie) and I hear this all the time: There are genuine conservative issues to be brought to the table in regards to the legislation that is being drafted.

Plenty of good things that most reasonable people would see and even diehard liberals might nod as to the validity of at least the concern.

But we aren't talking about that. We aren't. The narrative is hardly based on the legislation at all. It's just lies. Lies and propaganda. And these -idiots- believe that their country is crumbling under some evil man who wants to steal their jesusland.

There is no more republican party.

RonaldoTheGypsy on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    okay I watched 20 seconds of it before passing out

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    How bad can whoever did this get bumfucked by the system if you classify them as terrorist?

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    I think killing a federal employee is automatically capital murder as it is.

Which means, in some states, the death penalty.

Kentucky, as far as I know, hasn't abolished it.

Not that I condone it - anyway, but the punishment for killing a federal employee is generally very very hefty.

RonaldoTheGypsy on
  • Options
    TaminTamin Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Someone mentioned that death threats against the president are up 400%; I believe this, seeing as I heard one third hand. Said threat was attributed to the Chief of Police. Someone get me out of here, please.

Tamin on
  • Options
    RentRent I'm always right Fuckin' deal with itRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Rent wrote: »
    Kick them out of the US before they embarass you further

also, give up, pony. The americans are barbarians.

Is this a joke or are you seriously that big of a retard

A joke, put down the shotgun.

Ah, my apologies

Rent on
  • Options
    HeatwaveHeatwave Come, now, and walk the path of explosions with me!Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Prediction: We'll see federal offices being bombed sometime soon
    "Looks like these people were...Kentucky fried."
    csi-miami.jpg

Heatwave on
    P2n5r3l.jpg
    Steam / Origin & Wii U: Heatwave111 / FC: 4227-1965-3206 / Battle.net: Heatwave#11356
  • Options
    edited September 2009

Ah, my apologies

(you should still get rid of kentucky somehow)

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    edited September 2009

Ah, my apologies

We're actually attempting to get rid of all of the deep south

Alabama, Georgia, South Carolina, Texas...all gone

Rent on
  • Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    edited September 2009
    I do love that North Carolina, the state I was in when Obama got elected, went blue... and not just Dixiecrat blue, but real, honest to god, progressive blue.

A small spot of sanity in a sea of red, I tell ya.

edit: and this is clearly a political murder, a form of terrorism, and a reaction to the fucking insanity coming out of the media at the moment. As soon as someone on Fox tries to turn this into a "the anger of the people is justified even if this isn't" message when covering the story, I think the FCC should revoke their shit. Fuck freedom of speech in this specific case; this is shouting fire in a theater.

syndalis on
    SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Texas

Not the deep south. Also a bit more blue every election thanks to a massive border shared with Mexico.

Edit: Oh, also, one of the very, very few red states to give back more to the federal government than it takes. So it's actually (minimally) productive at least.

Quid on
  • Options
    ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    If anything good comes out of this thread it is the reaffirmation of the fact that if I wasn't in a committed relationship, I would be seriously attracted to Pony. :winky:

So very light internet trawling hasn't turned anything up about this, which leads me to believe it is not going to get very much attention. Hopefully this is untrue, because I desperately want the authorities to find and try those responsible to send a very clear message to anyone else who has these sort of ideas.

Also- to those who are legitimately afraid of the government (for any reason, real or imagined) a census worker IS not only an invasive entity of that organization, but as people have said, potentially threatening as they are recording lots of very specific information about you.

Like I said, I was recently...censused? Censured? No....well anyway the census came to my house. However I understand the questions and the desire for accurate data on the U.S. population, so I happily complied.

But I also am extremely "patriotic" when it comes to doing things for the government (besides going to war. Aside from not wanting to die, I don't 100% agree with everything the government does, regardless of how much I like them. If we weren't at war I would have joined the military after college for many reasons, not least of all being a desire to serve my country in some fashion.). So I was super excited (yes, EXCITED) to help out with the census.

But also (aside from the government-love I have) I also have a love for the phrase "we are collecting data..."

Arch on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Quid wrote: »
    Texas

Not the deep south. Also a bit more blue every election thanks to a massive border shared with Mexico.

Edit: Oh, also, one of the very, very few red states to give back more to the federal government than it takes. So it's actually (minimally) productive at least.

But then there's the whole Tex Gov wanting to secede cockmongreling thing

Rent on
  • Options
    OptimusZedOptimusZed Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Texas

Does that include federal funding for in-state military bases?

As far as this killing, it's pretty clearly politically motivated and an act of terrorism.

OptimusZed on
    We're reading Rifts. You should too. You know you want to. Now With Ninjas!

They tried to bury us. They didn't know that we were seeds. 2018 Midterms. Get your shit together.
  • Options
    DuffelDuffel jacobkosh Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Gosling wrote: »
    You know what? Fine. We won't census Kentucky. We'll just count it as whatever we've got to this point.

Good bye to five Kentucky House members and five electoral votes. I'm sure Oregon and California would love to have them. Oh, yes, and that also means Kentucky gets jack shit in federal funding because, you know, it's not like anybody lives there anymore.

Really, just keep the census workers alive and let the idiots not fill it out if they're so afraid of the census. Let them find out the hard way.

Obviously the entire state deserves to be disenfranchised because some lunatic in the backwoods ass-end of the state which is practically a third world country decided to commit murder. This is not the entire state's fault. I don't recall people saying this sort of shit about Kansas when George Tiller was murdered.

Also, while it is very possible this was some sort of Bachmann bullshit, it's just as possible that the census worker did in fact run into some kind of drug lab or whatever. The drug problem in Eastern Kentucky is so bad that "rampant" doesn't begin to describe it, and this apparently happened near a national park. The borders of public property are especially prone to have meth labs/weed fields/whatever, and these sort of backwoods drug dealers are usually the sort of people with no compunctions whatsoever about murdering people.

Duffel on
  • Options
    Andrew_JayAndrew_Jay Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Huh, in Canada it's the far left that gets wound-up around census time (OMG, the tabulating machines were made by Lockheed Martin! Military contractors are going to own your personal data!), I guess it's the opposite in the U.S.

Andrew_Jay on
  • Options
    KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Question: Is this terrorism, using the american definition of it?

Well, there is that Congressman who was mad that the history books used in Texas public schools don't mention that terrorism is an Islamic thing.

So unless this guy was hung by someone with a lot of dashes and "Al"'s in his name, no, this isn't "American" terrorism.

KalTorak on
  • Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Duffel wrote: »
    Gosling wrote: »
    You know what? Fine. We won't census Kentucky. We'll just count it as whatever we've got to this point.

Good bye to five Kentucky House members and five electoral votes. I'm sure Oregon and California would love to have them. Oh, yes, and that also means Kentucky gets jack shit in federal funding because, you know, it's not like anybody lives there anymore.

Really, just keep the census workers alive and let the idiots not fill it out if they're so afraid of the census. Let them find out the hard way.

Obviously the entire state deserves to be disenfranchised because some lunatic in the backwoods ass-end of the state which is practically a third world country decided to commit murder. This is not the entire state's fault. I don't recall people saying this sort of shit about Kansas when George Tiller was murdered.

Also, while it is very possible this was some sort of Bachmann bullshit, it's just as possible that the census worker did in fact run into some kind of drug lab or whatever. The drug problem in Eastern Kentucky is so bad that "rampant" doesn't begin to describe it, and this apparently happened near a national park. The borders of public property are especially prone to have meth labs/weed fields/whatever, and these sort of backwoods drug dealers are usually the sort of people with no compunctions whatsoever about murdering people.

Though it would be so fuckin precious if Bachmann got redistricted out of office cuz all her constituents followed her advice.

nexuscrawler on
  • Options
    CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    edited September 2009

Ah, my apologies

Don't forget Florida! I don't care if you hit me as long as you get the animals who live around me. KILL ME!

Cantido on
    3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • Options
    PantsBPantsB Fake Thomas Jefferson Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    The needle. Not life in prison without parole. For everyone involved in his killing that doesn't roll immediately. No plea bargains to get a conviction. No leniency.

Its terrorism and murder. And if these traitors want to try something to stop it, fuck them too. If they want a war, they can have one, but we can not and must not allow the political killing of employees of the United States by any enemies, foreign or domestic.
    I was amazed that the cops wouldn't initially rule out that theory. For a while they weren't confirming it was a homicide.

I believe a somewhat aimlessly rebellious rock band once sang: "Some of those that were enforcers/are the same that burn crosses"

Your ideas are intriguing to me and I wish to subscribe to your newsletter

PantsB on
    11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
    QEDMF xbl: PantsB G+
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Texas

The least dangerous political position in the world for an idiot to occupy is the Governorship of Texas. I know people will scream that being the dogcatcher of Podunk would be safer, but the dog catcher of Podunk has authority, something the Governor of Texas doesn't have. So don't worry about what Governor Good Hair has to say, be more worried if David Dewhurst says something like that.

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Everytime something like this happens I want to punch the people that freaked out about the memo that warned about an upswing of "right-wing extremism."

KalTorak on
  • Options
    ImprovoloneImprovolone Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I've gone ahead and forwarded this to the Phillips Phile, a primarily liberal but all together fairly intelligent and entertaining radio program with a huge listener base thanks to Sirius/XM.
    Odds are he'll cover it. How... how can he not? This is ridiculous.

Improvolone on
    Voice actor for hire. My time is free if your project is!
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    PantsB wrote: »

I find this statement hilarious, because of the MOH thread thing

But yeah, we're united...in our hatred of the South

And our love for Dr. Horrible

But seriously why do we even have the South? They're such a fucking drain of our tax dollars. Although, honestly, Cali isn't being much better right now...at least usually we're a pretty fucking productive state

Rent on
  • Options
    ImprovoloneImprovolone Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    PantsB wrote: »

But seriously why do we even have the South? They're such a fucking drain of our tax dollars. Although, honestly, Cali isn't being much better right now...at least usually we're a pretty fucking productive state
    I've lived in a few areas around the country and regularly communicate with others living in other areas (here and elsewhere). The stories that I've heard from people who grow up in the deep rural South, or have at least spent some time there, sound impossible. It doesn't make sense that communities like that still exist in America.
    No, this does not include major metropolis cities (though they have their own share of o_O), but the real back water small town deep south locations. I'm talking foothills of mountains where the cops just kind of say "no, no thats okay, I'm not going in there".

Improvolone on
    Voice actor for hire. My time is free if your project is!
  • Options
    Gabriel_PittGabriel_Pitt (effective against Russian warships) Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Am I being overly generous in hoping that the reason this has been relatively low-key so far is that the news organizations are taking the time to fact-check and make sure they have the whole story?

Gabriel_Pitt on
  • Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    KalTorak wrote: »
    Everytime something like this happens I want to punch the people that freaked out about the memo that warned about an upswing of "right-wing extremism."

Back in January, when Jim Adkison shot up a fucking church to get at the liberals, I called that there would be at least six instances of rightwing fucktards completely losing their shit and killing people this year. We're at 5 right now and we arent even in Q4

Shitbag that shot up a church
    Dipshit who shot cops because Obama was going to take his guns
    Holocaust Museum shooter
    George Tiller Assassination
    This fuckwad.

Deebaser on
  • Options
    The SpecialistThe Specialist Happy Face Happy PlaceRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    This is a pretty horrible thing to have happened. I'd be lying if I acted surprised though. Looking back over what's gone on in this country since 9-11, this or something like it was bound to happen.

I really do love my country but lately it shames me.

The Specialist on
    y54ucrle5wx0.png
    Origin Handle - OminousBulge
    XBox Live GT - TheOminousBulge

• Options
    DuffelDuffel jacobkosh Registered User regular
    edited September 2009

Kentucky is not the Deep South, as some people in here seem to believe, and even being part of the 'South' in general is debatable. People in Tennessee certainly will tell you that we aren't.

Also, the idea that you just say "fuck off" to an entire region of the country because they're draining your tax dollars is kind of... insulting, and doesn't sound particularly liberal or progressive either. The reason social conditions are so bad in Kentucky is because, it's a) completely impoverished and b) extremely uneducated. The only way these social problems are ever going to be fixed is if substantial money from outside the state is invested into it on a New Deal-level. It should have been done decades ago (and probably would have if, as LBJ said, The Great Society hadn't got shot down over Vietnam).

And before anyone says anything about governors refusing stimulus money, Kentucky's governor is a democrat and most people here are pretty open to the idea of something that creates new and decent jobs (because, you know, they're fucking poor and most people don't want to stay that way).

Duffel on
  • Options
    SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Am I being overly generous in hoping that the reason this has been relatively low-key so far is that the news organizations are taking the time to fact-check and make sure they have the whole story?

ahahahahahahaahahahahahahahaha

*breathes*

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahaha

SyphonBlue on
    LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126
  • Options
    MagicPrimeMagicPrime FiresideWizard Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Guys.... I'm having a breakdown here. I need someone to explain to me how people can exist in our society that are this stupid and ignorant.

I am trying to wrap my brain around it and I... I think there is blood coming from my nose now.

Right now there is some redneck in Kentucky bragging to his mullet friends that he "hung hemself a fed." What do these people add to society? What the fuck is their purpose?

MagicPrime on
    BNet • magicprime#1430 | PSN/Steam • MagicPrime | Origin • FireSideWizard
    Critical Failures - Havenhold CampaignAugust St. Cloud (Human Ranger)
  • Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    Texas

The least dangerous political position in the world for an idiot to occupy is the Governorship of Texas. I know people will scream that being the dogcatcher of Podunk would be safer, but the dog catcher of Podunk has authority, something the Governor of Texas doesn't have. So don't worry about what Governor Good Hair has to say, be more worried if David Dewhurst says something like that.

This right here. The bulk of power is held by Texas's senate which, in turn, is controlled by the Lt. Governor.

Who currently is way fucking more dangerous ideologically than the governor.

Quid on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    I think it is likely that there's more reason for doing this than just hating the government

Still

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png