As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

G&T Secret Moses 2009

• Options
    UEAKCrashUEAKCrash heh Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Psh. More like Lameada.

CarSnow2.jpg

CarSnow1.jpg

Michigan. Meh.

Lake effect snow ftl.

UEAKCrash on
  • Options
    vegeta_666vegeta_666 CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Agreed, though, you only really need one picture to summarize most of Canada at this time.

"Oh look, it's some buildings... and alot of snow. And I think I see a person, nope, wait, that's just a mailbox."

vegeta_666 on
    Sob24Nm.png
    Steam: abunchofdaftpunk | PSN: noautomobilesgo | Lastfm: sjchszeppelin | Backloggery: colincummings | 3DS FC: 1392-6019-0219 |
  • Options
    ScottyScotty Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    It is a bandwagon, when it comes to people wanting a white Christmas, so HUZZAH for snow and welcome aboard:D:^:

yaysnow.gif

Scotty on
  • Options
    toolberttoolbert Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Cornell002 wrote: »
    Gift got! Woooooot

Excuse my crappy Blackberry camera, but it's all I had

img00161200912091303.jpg
    img00162200912091303.jpg
    Excellent! One of my favorite wrestlers, who is NOT dying of cancer. Will wear with pride.
    img00168200912091306.jpg
    Also excellent. How can you go wrong with Zombies, and I actually bought the DK Jenga for my own Santee, wishing I could have one myself.

Everything together:
    img00169200912091306.jpg

Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you! Awesome gifts, but reveal yourself!

Woohoo, twas me! Glad you liked them! Everyone should have a Hot Rod shirt (here's to hoping I made the right size choice). Letter's going in the mail tomorrow (if my job doesn't make me stay till tomorrow morning >.>;).

toolbert on
  • Options
    RisenPhoenixRisenPhoenix SUPER HOTRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Figgy wrote: »
    Package get!

I actually received it yesterday, but I delayed in opening it until the letter arrived as well.
    A box! There is no mistake, cat aside, this is a secret santa gift.

53321606.jpg

Oh good! Bags of air and packing peanuts! Ok, now that the cat's gifts are covered, what else is inside?

95830727.jpg

Books! Santa's letter informs me that this is his favourite graphic novel series, and it is related to Journalism. Stalking would indicate that is right up my alley!

52368446.jpg

I've seen these things before at a store and nearly bought them for a friend of mine. I think it was a "parking notice" one though. This clearly satisfies my passive aggressive need to leave notes all over the place. I would be surprised if a single note was used for serious purposes.

54158948.jpg

Foreign foods. While my Santa sent this package from Georgia, this stuff comes from the land down under. Very cool! I've tried em all, and I'd have to say my favourite is the peppermint crisp. It's like a peppermint patty but crispy. Alas, I did not win the fabled 50 Australian fun bucks advertised on the wrapper.

20610273.jpg

More candies with a ridiculous name. Why can't they just be called chocolate covered caramels? Tasty all the same.

68212441.jpg

And uhm.. motor oil? The closest I've come to Vegemite is hearing Men at Work sing about a Vegemite sandwich. I will have to make one the next time I'm feeling particularly adventurous!

69020465.jpg

The entire haul. Looks like someone wants some Vegemite!

70889880.jpg

Thanks, Risen Phoenix! I'm excited to read Transmetropolitan, yet terrified it will result in my purchasing more of the series.. and perhaps more graphic novels. The candy didn't really last long here, but that's okay! And I've always been curious about that Australian beefy paste spread, so here's hoping it's my new favourite indulgence!

Thanks again, RisenPhoenix!

Mate, glad you liked it! I was throwing around the idea of getting you the whole run of Transmet, but I didn't want to incase you didn't like them or you already had them! The first three are a good run, though.

RE: Vegemite - as long as you follow the instructions in the letter, you'll be gravy.

WOO CHRISTMAS.

Edit: Oh shit TOTP. Christmas music!

Standstill - I Saw Daddy Kissing Santa Claus

RisenPhoenix on
  • Options
    mere_immortalmere_immortal So tasty!Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Pffft England has the worst weather.

Not because it is bad, but it is just cold without the snow but clear skies too so you get sun in your eyes.

mere_immortal on
    Steam: mere_immortal - PSN: mere_immortal - XBL: lego pencil - Wii U: mimmortal - 3DS: 1521-7234-1642 - Bordgamegeek: mere_immortal
  • Options
    Cornell002Cornell002 Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    toolbert wrote: »
    Gift got! Woooooot

img00161200912091303.jpg
    img00162200912091303.jpg
    Excellent! One of my favorite wrestlers, who is NOT dying of cancer. Will wear with pride.
    img00168200912091306.jpg
    Also excellent. How can you go wrong with Zombies, and I actually bought the DK Jenga for my own Santee, wishing I could have one myself.

Everything together:
    img00169200912091306.jpg

Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you! Awesome gifts, but reveal yourself!

Woohoo, twas me! Glad you liked them! Everyone should have a Hot Rod shirt (here's to hoping I made the right size choice). Letter's going in the mail tomorrow (if my job doesn't make me stay till tomorrow morning >.>;).

Thanks a ton! Merry Christmas

Cornell002 on
  • Options
    ScottyScotty Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    What if...in an alternate universe...

xmas2007-print.jpg

Scotty on
  • Options
    anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I'm speechless right now. D:

We're....animals. :shock:

anoffday on
    Steam: offday
  • Options
    redfield85redfield85 Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Fuuckkkkkkked uppppppp.

Anyway, santee, I am going to be a fool and get the tracking for $2983298 extra dollars.

redfield85 on
    bYf6vNQ.png
    Tumblr | Twitter | Twitch | Pinny Arcade Lanyard
    [3DS] 3394-3901-4002 | [Xbox/Steam] Redfield85
  • Options
    slacktronslacktron Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Seems to be lacking mistletoe.

slacktron on
    slacktron_zombie_fighter_sig.jpg
  • Options
    LewieP's MummyLewieP's Mummy Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    swift wrote: »
    Anyone about that posted their gift from the UK to the US? I'm just wondering what postal service you used from the post office?

Edit - Onoz a package seems to have arrived from my Santa. Unfortunately I've got to get on with some work related stuff which I can't risk getting distracted from, but I will open it up and post pictures sometime today. Just letting my Santa know that I have received it.

Make sure your parcel weighs less than 2 kilo, otherwise postage is extortionate - about £23 for under 2Kg, £57 for 2.19 Kg! I always use normal air mail for my paintings, so far, they've all arrived in the US in about a week. Tomorrow is the last posting day for anything to be guaranteed to arrive in America before christmas Day.

LewieP's Mummy on
    For all the top UK Gaming Bargains, check out SavyGamer

For paintings in progress, check out canvas and paints

"The power of the weirdness compels me."
  • Options
    pslong9pslong9 Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    That is so messed up.

Awesome.

But messed up.

pslong9 on
    steam_sig.png

3DS FC: 0817-3759-2788
  • Options
    John ZoidbergJohn Zoidberg Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    My parcels better arrive to my Santee this week.

Sent them November 27th and would love it if they did arrive this week and stop my worrying.

John Zoidberg on
    Xbox Live: Ink Pouch / PSN: Stiff_Ninja / Origin: PAZoidberg / Steam
  • Options
    IcemopperIcemopper Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    ok JAEF, I had to do it, I had to buy Little Big Planet to play.

And a HDMI cable.

And Final Fantasy 7 on the PSN.

My backlog hates me.

Icemopper on
  • Options
    mooshoeporkmooshoepork Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Uh, total US geographic failure. Sorry Santee. I didn't realise your gift had to travel exactly across the entire country. Might be a few more days :P

mooshoepork on
  • Options
    LouieLouie Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Yeah mine had to go uk to west side of the states. It's had 2 weeks if air mail though so I was expecting a post by now so.

Louie on
    camo_sig.png
    Twitter - discolouie PSN - Loupa Steam - Loupa
  • Options
    ChenChen Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Chen wrote: »
    Hahaha, awesome. :^:

Also, I received your letter.

can you read my atrocious handwriting? Now your other gifts are spoiled thoughD:
    No problem at all. My handwriting is much worse as you'll probably soon find out.

Dang it, I knew I shouldn't have made that thread. Now more internet people will know my terrible secret.
    It's true. I am a terrible dancer.

Chen on
    V0Gug2h.png
  • Options
    jclastjclast Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I hate waiting. Tracking page claims delivered - where is my "I got presents!" post and pictures?

jclast on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    mooshoeporkmooshoepork Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    How long should it actually take standard US mail from say the east coast to the west? Says it expects delivery on the...15th.

mooshoepork on
  • Options
    tardcoretardcore Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    So mister Santee, your package has been shipped and is currently In Transit. If I were a betting man, I'd say you will receive it by week's end.

tardcore on
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Santee: Same, except I know for a fact(If UPS are to be believed), you'll get it on Monday.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    jclastjclast Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    cj iwakura wrote: »
    Santee: Same, except I know for a fact(If UPS are to be believed), you'll get it on Monday.
    This is how I know my Santee's package has been delivered. Now I am just wondering whether he works late or just hasn't made a post yet.

jclast on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    NorfairNorfair Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I hope my Santee will be able to post pics soon, if only to make sure that customs didn't eat the edibles and replace them with bleach.

Also, in case my Santa needs to know, I haven't gotten any packages yet. Rest assured that I will post and put up pics when I get it.

Norfair on
  • Options
    The_SpaniardThe_Spaniard It's never lupines Irvine, CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    toolbert wrote: »
    Gift got! Woooooot

img00161200912091303.jpg
    img00162200912091303.jpg
    img00168200912091306.jpg

Everything together:
    img00169200912091306.jpg

I want a Hot Rod shirt.. He's such a cool guy. I interviewed him once and at the end of the interview I told him to "Put on the fucking glasses", he threw a punch at me and my head snapped back so fast that I cracked a kid in the face with the back of my head. :lol:

Click for awesome!
    IMG_0364.jpg
    8-)

The_Spaniard on
    Playstation/Origin/GoG: Span_Wolf Xbox/uPlay/Bnet: SpanWolf Nintendo: Span_Wolf SW-7097-4917-9392 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Span_Wolf/
  • Options
    AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Oh santee, I just got back from the post office. It looks like you'll be getting your package in 2-3 days. Probably three. Get excited.

Aioua on
    life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • Options
    BaiconBaicon Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Gifting part 2!
    To finish off my gifts my Santa sent me not 1, but 3 games on steam!
    Plants vs Zombies, Geometry Wars and Audiosurf! Huzzah!

GTSS4.jpg

Thanks spookymuffin. You've done a top notch job.

Baicon on
  • Options
    spookymuffinspookymuffin ( ° ʖ ° ) Puyallup WA Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Baicon wrote: »
    Thanks spookymuffin. You've done a top notch job.

<3

spookymuffin on
    PSN: MegaSpooky // 3DS: 3797-6276-7138
    Wii U NNID: MegaSpooky
  • Options
    slacktronslacktron Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I want a Hot Rod shirt.. He's such a cool guy. I interviewed him once and at the end of the interview I told him to "Put on the fucking glasses", he threw a punch at me and my head snapped back so fast that I cracked a kid in the face with the back of my head. :lol:

Click for awesome!
    IMG_0364.jpg
    8-)

He, like the movie, has aged well.

Although They Live is incredibly quotable (the "bubblegum" line making it in to Duke Nukem) my favorite is, "it figures it would be something like this."

And yeah, cool shirt.

slacktron on
    slacktron_zombie_fighter_sig.jpg
  • Options
    ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Is it bad I had to wiki Hot Rod to find out who you guys were talking about? Never heard of him until now.

Then again, most of what gets gifted around here I've never heard of. 99% of the graphic novels, hadn't heard of WWZ or ZSG until 2 years ago secret santa, etc..

ArcSyn on
    4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    Cornell002Cornell002 Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    ArcSyn wrote: »
    Is it bad I had to wiki Hot Rod to find out who you guys were talking about? Never heard of him until now.

Then again, most of what gets gifted around here I've never heard of. 99% of the graphic novels, hadn't heard of WWZ or ZSG until 2 years ago secret santa, etc..

It's acceptable only because only a wrestling fan or a huge movie buff would know who he is

Cornell002 on
  • Options
    elevatureelevature Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Picked up another thing tonight, santee. I feel bad that I'm doing this so late, but school was nuts for the past month. I'm done now though, and I will be picking up the last bit of your gift on friday and sending it out as soon as possible.

elevature on
  • Options
    tardcoretardcore Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I still have yet to put my tree up :-(

tardcore on
  • Options
    ArikadoArikado Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Arikado on
    BNet: Arikado#1153 | Steam | LoL: Anzen
  • Options
    grim123grim123 Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    FreeBryd! wrote: »
    alright santee, its on the way!
    gift got
    13541_1284869727761_1410677283_3081.jpg
    here my cat Don Gato is checking out the box
    13541_1284870007768_1410677283_3081.jpg
    then he opens the envelope
    13541_1284869367752_1410677283_3081.jpg
    and here he's lost interest because books are gay.
    Everyone knows books are Gay. But these are awesome gay books!:mrgreen:The monsters vs aliens book even has a forward by Stehpen Colbert
    Besides do art and guide books really count as books?o_O
    From one lurker to another thanks Freebryd!

grim123 on
    Aww nutsack.
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    FiggyFiggy Fighter of the night man Champion of the sunRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    anoffday wrote: »
    Figgy wrote: »
    Package get!

I actually received it yesterday, but I delayed in opening it until the letter arrived as well.
    A box! There is no mistake, cat aside, this is a secret santa gift.

53321606.jpg

Oh good! Bags of air and packing peanuts! Ok, now that the cat's gifts are covered, what else is inside?

95830727.jpg

Books! Santa's letter informs me that this is his favourite graphic novel series, and it is related to Journalism. Stalking would indicate that is right up my alley!

52368446.jpg

I've seen these things before at a store and nearly bought them for a friend of mine. I think it was a "parking notice" one though. This clearly satisfies my passive aggressive need to leave notes all over the place. I would be surprised if a single note was used for serious purposes.

54158948.jpg

Foreign foods. While my Santa sent this package from Georgia, this stuff comes from the land down under. Very cool! I've tried em all, and I'd have to say my favourite is the peppermint crisp. It's like a peppermint patty but crispy. Alas, I did not win the fabled 50 Australian fun bucks advertised on the wrapper.

20610273.jpg

More candies with a ridiculous name. Why can't they just be called chocolate covered caramels? Tasty all the same.

68212441.jpg

And uhm.. motor oil? The closest I've come to Vegemite is hearing Men at Work sing about a Vegemite sandwich. I will have to make one the next time I'm feeling particularly adventurous!

69020465.jpg

The entire haul. Looks like someone wants some Vegemite!

70889880.jpg

Thanks, Risen Phoenix! I'm excited to read Transmetropolitan, yet terrified it will result in my purchasing more of the series.. and perhaps more graphic novels. The candy didn't really last long here, but that's okay! And I've always been curious about that Australian beefy paste spread, so here's hoping it's my new favourite indulgence!

Thanks again, RisenPhoenix!
    Did you train your cat to sit on boxes? Because that first picture is almost too perfect.

I had to take a few before she actually sat there. She would sit there, look around the room, and try to jump off the minute I called her name to look at the camera.

Figgy on
    XBL : Figment3 · SteamID : Figment
  • Options
    Alfred J. KwakAlfred J. Kwak is it because you were insulted when I insulted your hair?Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Thinking about it, I might have real chances to win the "most random SS gift selection" award this year. Well, we'll hopefully find out by the end of this week!

Alfred J. Kwak on
  • Options
    Avoid SpikesAvoid Spikes Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    What's this my faithful hound? What have you dug up?
    PqF5O.jpg
    A package? What could it be?
    LxiYh.jpg
    Arghh! Bad hound! I've told you not to bring any more of those vile abominations into this house! If God had meant a blanket to have sleeves.... But wait, what else have you got there?
    YSHCS.jpg
    Aha! A spoil, a trove, a bevy even, of gifts from some secret do-gooder! Including, but not limited to, a treasury of Cheapass games!
    T1efU.jpg
    Finally, a game that combines my avocation, board games, with my vocation, bringing witches to trial, er, that is, lawyering. And also "Kill Dr. Lucky" and "Freeloader." And unbelievably the hound has found even more!
    WhWtJ.jpg
    A Lego Bionicle and Dragon's Age* for Xbox 360! I gaze in wide-eyed wonder at the whole cache!
    a0Lf7.jpg
    My heart would grow two sizes if it had not been removed as part of my legal training. Still, in the spirit of the season, you may all have an extra piece of coal on the fire while you work tonight! Merry Christmas to all! And many thanks to my Secret Santa!

*bullseye, did not have, and on the top of my list. thanks again!

Avoid Spikes on
  • Options
    WilDPanthA05WilDPanthA05 Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    What's this my faithful hound? What have you dug up?
    PqF5O
    A package? What could it be?
    LxiYh
    Arghh! Bad hound! I've told you not to bring any more of those vile abominations into this house! If God had meant a blanket to have sleeves.... But wait, what else have you got there?
    YSHCS
    Aha! A spoil, a trove, a bevy even, of gifts from some secret do-gooder! Including, but not limited to, a treasury of Cheapass games!
    T1efU
    Finally, a game that combines my avocation, board games, with my vocation, bringing witches to trial, er, that is, lawyering. And also "Kill Dr. Lucky" and "Freeloader." And unbelievably the hound has found even more!
    WhWtJ
    A Lego Bionicle and Dragon's Age* for Xbox 360! I gaze in wide-eyed wonder at the whole cache!
    a0Lf7
    My heart would grow two sizes if it had not been removed as part of my legal training. Still, in the spirit of the season, you may all have an extra piece of coal on the fire while you work tonight! Merry Christmas to all! And many thanks to my Secret Santa!

*bullseye, did not have, and on the top of my list. thanks again!

Attack of the Red X's of doom! Damn internet grinches attacking the pictures of holiday cheer!

WilDPanthA05 on
  • Options
    ArikadoArikado Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Spikes, I think you need to add .jpg to the image links.

Arikado on
    BNet: Arikado#1153 | Steam | LoL: Anzen