Options

sippin' on gin and [chat]ic

• Options
    ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Irond Will wrote: »
    Thanatos wrote: »
    Boston pussies.

It snowed on our graduation in Rochester. Bitches.
    Did you go to RPI?

Is upstate New York considered a "developing country" yet?
    U of R, actually. Though, one of my good friends from college is the son of a professor at WPI. :P

Thanatos on
  • Options
    Me Too!Me Too! __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2007
    Boston pussies.

Did you go to RPI?

U of R, actually. Though, one of my good friends from college is the son of a professor at WPI. :P

Woot, New York. I've got family out by Rochester, and they're all crazy.

Coincidence? I think not.

Me Too! on
  • Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Actually I don't think I should post it, as I don't know what 'dingledanging' and 'prickdick' even mean

Dread Pirate Arbuthnot on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    Boston pussies.

Did you go to RPI?

Woot, New York. I've got family out by Rochester, and they're all crazy.

Coincidence? I think not.
    You have to be crazy to live in Rochester.

Thanatos on
  • Options
    ColdredColdred Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Boston pussies.

Did you go to RPI?

Only thing I know about Rochester is that they have the cool Omega laser there.

Coldred on
    sig1-1.jpg
  • Options
    SenjutsuSenjutsu thot enthusiast Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    If anyone familiar with .iso's, or how to find a Mac .iso for a certain file, or even Macs would talk to me, I would be so grateful because I am about to shank ab itch oh my god.

Send me a PM or something.

Senjutsu on
  • Options
    GlaealGlaeal Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    edit: Go with Senj. I know nothing.

Glaeal on
  • Options
    Look Out it's Sabs!Look Out it's Sabs! Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Can't be as bad as last night. :P

Look Out it's Sabs! on
    NNID: Sabuiy
    3DS: 2852-6809-9411
  • Options
    Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited April 2007
    Boston pussies.

Did you go to RPI?

I've driven through Woostah, but never had the motivation to slow down.

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited April 2007
    Actually I don't think I should post it, as I don't know what 'dingledanging' and 'prickdick' even mean
    Did James Joyce hack your Mac?

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    Coldred wrote: »
    Yeah, one of the best optics departments in the world.

My buddy is getting a Ph.D. in optics, there (already has his Masters in physics).

Thanatos on
  • Options
    PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    edited April 2007

One can only hope!

Podly on
    follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    ElJeffeElJeffe Not actually a mod. Roaming the streets, waving his gun around.Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited April 2007
    ElJeffe wrote: »
    Hey, you know what else rocks? SOTN. In spite of the fact that it's very clearly a PSX game.
    Yeah I saw you playing it on XBL. I've not downloaded it, since when I downloaded Gauntlet, I found it kind of disappointing, and I still have a Castlevania on the DS I haven't finished.

You haven't downloaded SOTN because you were disappointed by a downloading a different game from a different era in a completely unrelated genre?

Good strategy there, man. I just popped ET in my old 2600, and it sucked. I think that means I'm going to hold off on buying Paper Mario when it comes out. ;-)

ElJeffe on
    I submitted an entry to Lego Ideas, and if 10,000 people support me, it'll be turned into an actual Lego set!If you'd like to see and support my submission, follow this link.
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    Podly wrote: »

One can only hope!
    Once upon a time and a very good time it was there was a moocow coming down along the road and this moocow that was down along the road met a nicens little boy named baby tuckoo and he p0wned j00 n3w8!!!1111

Senjutsu on
  • Options
    PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    <3!

Podly on
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    Hey, you know what else rocks? SOTN. In spite of the fact that it's very clearly a PSX game.
    Yeah I saw you playing it on XBL. I've not downloaded it, since when I downloaded Gauntlet, I found it kind of disappointing, and I still have a Castlevania on the DS I haven't finished.

You haven't downloaded SOTN because you were disappointed by a downloading a different game from a different era in a completely unrelated genre?

Good strategy there, man. I just popped ET in my old 2600, and it sucked. I think that means I'm going to hold off on buying Paper Mario when it comes out. ;-)
    You know what I mean - when I've tried retro gaming on the console, I've found that it didn't live up to my memories of playing the game. Given my reaction to, say, TP's graphical compromises, I'm not sure I'd be able to overlook that giant fucking border surrounding everything in SOTN.

Actually, I was thinking about downloading it, but didn't get around to it and now I have GH2.

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    ColdredColdred Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Coldred wrote: »
    Yeah, one of the best optics departments in the world.

My buddy is getting a Ph.D. in optics, there (already has his Masters in physics).

A couple of my co-workers have been out there to play with it (well I say play, the technicians run around and they sit in the control room drinking coffee.)

Coldred on
    sig1-1.jpg
  • Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    I barely even notice what games look like anymore, at least on any level deeper than "That's pretty good".

Barring a few specific points, you'd have to point out the differences between the GC and PS2 version of RE4, for example.

Elendil on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    Senjutsu wrote: »
    One can only hope!
    Once upon a time and a very good time it was there was a moocow coming down along the road and this moocow that was down along the road met a nicens little boy named baby tuckoo and he p0wned j00 n3w8!!!1111
    [SIZE=-1]riverrun, past Eve and Adam's, from lolz of shore to suxx0r[/SIZE]

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    DiscGraceDiscGrace Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    One can only hope!
    [SIZE=-1]riverrun, past Eve and Adam's, from lolz of shore to suxx0r[/SIZE]

Guys, knock it off. If I wanted to read literary vomit, I'd go nose through Mr. DG's collection of Terry Brooks novels.

DiscGrace on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    Elendil wrote: »
    I barely even notice what games look like anymore, at least on any level deeper than "That's pretty good".

Barring a few specific points, you'd have to point out the differences between the GC and PS2 version of RE4, for example.
    GC and PS2 versions were pretty hard to tell apart. And honestly, I was always one of those "gameplay first" guys and honestly will do everything I can to ignore graphical shortcomings, but playing a generation back once you've gotten used to current gen stuff really is distracting.

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    DiscGrace wrote: »
    Guys, knock it off. If I wanted to read literary vomit, I'd go nose through Mr. DG's collection of Terry Brooks novels.
    You're going to flummox Podly.

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    DiscGrace wrote: »
    You're going to flummox Podly.

Countin' on it.

DiscGrace on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    yes I do yes yes yes yes

Podly on
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    The Green Eyed MonsterThe Green Eyed Monster i blame hip hop Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    I think I might buy some gin on the way home today.

The Green Eyed Monster on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    He reads Terry corpse-fucking Brooks?

I hope you make him wash his hands in caustic lye before touching you when he reads those. Ye Gods.

Senjutsu on
  • Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Smooth move, cel.

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    I've never heard of Terry Brooks...Should I wiki or is that bad for my health?

Aldo on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    Aldo wrote: »
    You should run screaming from the mere thought of such horrors.

Senjutsu on
  • Options
    GlaealGlaeal Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Elendil wrote: »

There are some moments that still have me distracted in the new games, like the train level in Gears of War.

I died a few times because I stopped and looked around.

Pretty.

Glaeal on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    He reads Terry corpse-fucking Brooks?

I hope you make him wash his hands in caustic lye before touching you when he reads those. Ye Gods.

He has to wear two layers of gloves and a biohazard suit before he takes one of the books off the shelf.

DiscGrace on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    Aldo wrote: »
    You should run screaming from the mere thought of such horrors.

Now I'm curious. :(

*edit: OH HIM!

I read the first book about that Shannara thingie-majig after reading Lord of the Rings. Even though I was but a wee lad, I noticed that he pretty much copied the whole story and replaced some names and descriptions.

Aldo on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    Cel, the big question is:

Tanqueray or Bombay Sapphire?

Podly on
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    SPEAKING OF BIOHAZARD SUITS. I have a friend who works in a bird flu lab, the kind with active virus particles and everything. A few of us went to Qdoba after our martial arts class and as we started to eat, he pulls a little pill packet out of his bag and takes it. We're all "what was that?" and he's all, "oh, nothing ... just some Tamiflu."

Apparently he was in the Biosafety Level 2 lab, all happily pipetting virus goo in his safety suit for about half an hour, when he realized the respirator in his suit wasn't working and he was breathing in non-filtered air. So if we all die of a bird flu pandemic centered on Madison, Wisconsin you'll know who to blame.

DiscGrace on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited April 2007

Both.

Thanatos on
  • Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited April 2007

Both.

Than speaks the truth.

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    Than wins

Podly on
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    The Green Eyed MonsterThe Green Eyed Monster i blame hip hop Registered User regular
    edited April 2007

Man -- I'm cheap, I just get the $12-15 bottle, whatever that is, and call it a day.

Bottle of Bombay Sapphire is still one of the best b-day presents I ever got from a friend, though, if only because it's one of the only b-day presents I've ever gotten from a friend.

The Green Eyed Monster on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    I got my friend a gogol bordello cd

it was like $6

Podly on
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    I just realised that the "hey straight-male-friend, look at my dick!"-guy does not understand what shame is and will continue to talk to me as if it is normal to send pictures of your wang over mail to people you have never met in person, until I bully him enough to make him think I am an asshole.

...oh dear.

Aldo on
This discussion has been closed.