Options

G&T Secret Moses 2009

• Options
    Mr HeistMr Heist It's Heist-o-Matic! Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Mr Heist wrote: »
    FyreWulff wrote: »
    ArcSyn wrote: »
    Having had a bum santa last year, I am a little nervous I haven't received anything yet. But I've been telling myself that even my own santee hasn't gotten a gift yet (will tomorrow!) so I shouldn't worry. Plus it's not even January yet.

I will say though that bunnies are awesome.

A little birdy told me you should be seeing something Monday or Tuesday.

After that birdy flew away, an orange dog burst from the bushes, gave a hearty chuckle, then told me the same info, so worry not!

And Spaniard- add one more D: to the choir. May whoever pulled that shit get a stocking full of coal. Right in the kisser.

Any cchane that anything taken can be tracked digitally, like if someone tries to take it online? I feel like there have been a few stories of theft getting wrapped up that way floating around.

Either way, best of luck to you... And hope you can still swing a merry Christmas!

I called MS and they have been giving me the run-around about tracking the system so I just changed the passwords for my PS3 and 360. Should I keep trying, is there something specific to say or a special number to call?

I found this with a quick look on Google. I don't know how valid it is, but could be worth a shot? Apparently it has worked in the past.

On a different note, I need some help getting a gift idea. My work's holiday party is coming up next week, and there's going to be a Yankee Swap for a gift exchange. Everyone needs to bring a $5 gift, and obviously I want mine to be the most awesome. It's a mixed crowd, so the item needs be universally awesome. My best thought so far is a Six Foot Rubber Band, because how can you get much cooler than that? I'm worried it wouldn't get here in time, though. Anyone have any thoughts?

Mr Heist on
    mrheist-wide.png
  • Options
    TheScrupleTheScruple The Oldest of BridgesRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Mr Heist wrote: »
    On a different note, I need some help getting a gift idea. My work's holiday party is coming up next week, and there's going to be a Yankee Swap for a gift exchange. Everyone needs to bring a $5 gift, and obviously I want mine to be the most awesome. It's a mixed crowd, so the item needs be universally awesome. My best thought so far is a Six Foot Rubber Band, because how can you get much cooler than that? I'm worried it wouldn't get here in time, though. Anyone have any thoughts?

I have one of these on Saturday ($10 limit), and am desperately trying to find a place in NYC that sells Giant Microbes as I too lack the time to have something shipped. Six foot rubber band is an awesome idea too and a bit more universal.

TheScruple on
    All prairie dogs just want to be heroes
  • Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Ugh, so sorry to hear that happened to you, Spaniard.

I probably shouldn't brag about my awesome theme-based SS gift I got at the moment, then. I'll post pictures later when I'm at my home computer.

cloudeagle on
    Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    EggyToastEggyToast Jersey CityRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Most insurance, in regards to theft, is pretty straightforward when it comes to reimbursement. They don't expect you to have a photographic memory, and if you had a video game system they expect you to also have games, and they have a pretty good idea of how much games cost. It's no different from saying "I had about 150 CDs," and they do a basic calculation to see how much 150 CDs would cost at retail. Yes, some of those might be rare CDs that are irreplaceable, but some are also cheap junk. They don't really care.

Renter's insurance is cheap because stuff in general is cheap. Replacing $10k worth of electronics is really not a big deal for them. Consider -- one night in a hospital can cost $10k. That's why the "cover your ass" and the liability aspect of car insurance is so high compared to the portion for just replacing the car. Stuff is replaceable, and once it's replaced the costs are over with, and in many cases it's cheaper to just give a check than have a person meet with an adjuster repeatedly.

So we should probably wait until after Span talks to his insurance company before we set up the Spaniard Play fund. Not that we can't still do something nice anyway, of course ;D

EggyToast on
    || Flickr — || PSN: EggyToast
  • Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I've still got nothing in the way of physical package. Santa, you've got 1 day!

Or rather, Postal service! One day!

SniperGuy on
  • Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    So would they reimburse him for 150 copies of Sneak King?

cooljammer00 on
    steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    EggyToastEggyToast Jersey CityRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    That might fall into "rare and hard to put a value on."

EggyToast on
    || Flickr — || PSN: EggyToast
  • Options
    The_SpaniardThe_Spaniard It's never lupines Irvine, CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009

I had all 3 of those games..

Well the blows just keep coming one after the other and each is more devastating than the last. I just found out that our home owners insurance does not cover a cent of theft... What adds insult to injury is the fact that my mom recently walked through the house with her new video camera, so I had ironclad evidence of everything I owned. But.. it's all gone now, and I'm most likely not getting any of it back. I even told mom to upgrade our coverage when my car got broken into right in front of our house a couple years ago and I found out what was stolen wasn't covered.

The_Spaniard on
    Playstation/Origin/GoG: Span_Wolf Xbox/uPlay/Bnet: SpanWolf Nintendo: Span_Wolf SW-7097-4917-9392 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Span_Wolf/
  • Options
    SwashbucklerXXSwashbucklerXX Swashbucklin' Canuck Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Home insurance that doesn't cover theft? I... I didn't know that was even possible. I'm so sorry. :(

SwashbucklerXX on
    Want to find me on a gaming service? I'm SwashbucklerXX everywhere.
  • Options
    noir_bloodnoir_blood Registered User regular
    edited December 2009

I had all 3 of those games..

Well the blows just keep coming one after the other and each is more devastating than the last. I just found out that our home owners insurance does not cover a cent of theft... What adds insult to injury is the fact that my mom recently walked through the house with her new video camera, so I had ironclad evidence of everything I owned. But.. it's all gone now, and I'm most likely not getting any of it back. I even told mom to upgrade our coverage when my car got broken into right in front of our house a couple years ago and I found out what was stolen wasn't covered.

Dude, I so fucking sorry man.

noir_blood on
  • Options
    TheOtherHorsemanTheOtherHorseman Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    UnbreakableVow, your joyful holiday gifts remind me of being unable to go to a John Hodgman booksigning attended by Coulton in Boston because I was busy at work.

damn your happiness and your santa's thoughtfulness

TheOtherHorseman on
  • Options
    AsiinaAsiina ... WaterlooRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Sucks about the breakin and the insurance insanity.

In better news, I mailed out the last part of my secret santa gift this afternoon. It's 7 business days so should arrive slightly after Christmas.

Asiina on
  • Options
    The_SpaniardThe_Spaniard It's never lupines Irvine, CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Asiina wrote: »
    Sucks about the breakin and the insurance insanity.

In better news, I mailed out the last part of my secret santa gift this afternoon. It's 7 business days so should arrive slightly after Christmas.

It just got worse, they forensics team came and found that they all wore gloves, so no prints.

The_Spaniard on
    Playstation/Origin/GoG: Span_Wolf Xbox/uPlay/Bnet: SpanWolf Nintendo: Span_Wolf SW-7097-4917-9392 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Span_Wolf/
  • Options
    BursarBursar Hee Noooo! PDX areaRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Damn, that really does suck, Spaniard. I'm not sure if adding more condolences to the pile means anything, but you've got mine.

...And, in the most inappropriate transition since that time in a talent competition I had to do a stand-up comedy routine directly after a girl sang a song about getting over being molested by her cousin, I received a mystery package from someone in Millville, NJ! You'll have to wait for pictures until after I get home, but it's here. Taunting me.

Bursar on
    GNU Terry Pratchett
    PSN: Wstfgl | GamerTag: An Evil Plan | Battle.net: FallenIdle#1970
    Hit me up on BoardGameArena! User: Loaded D1
    Spoilered until images are unborked. egc6gp2emz1v.png
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Bursar wrote: »
    Damn, that really does suck, Spaniard. I'm not sure if adding more condolences to the pile means anything, but you've got mine.

...And, in the most inappropriate transition since that time in a talent competition I had to do a stand-up comedy routine directly after a girl sang a song about getting over being molested by her cousin, I received a mystery package from someone in Millville, NJ! You'll have to wait for pictures until after I get home, but it's here. Taunting me.

Steven Lynch could have done it, and he would have made it funny.

So would a good idea at this point be to just use my Amazon wish list as a way to build a list of everything that was stolen and basically one by one knock things off as I start to rebuild my collection?

Edit: Oh I'm also thinking, I know this is very much frowned upon, but considering the circumstances I thought I'd ask. For a few years now I've been holding onto this amazingly insane DS prize pack signed by a bunch of Nintendo guys, with tons of exclusive swag all stuffed into a Nintendo bag. It's worth 500+ easy, I was going to eBay it some day when I needed the money, but it seems well right now I really need the money. Considering what happened would it be ok to bend the rules to make a thread on the auction just to help me start putting my shattered collection back together?

The_Spaniard on
  • Options
    IcemopperIcemopper Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Definitely PM a moderator about the auction thread. It might be frowned upon, but considering the circumstances, it is worth a shot.

And yes please just put an Amazon wish list in your sig or something, that is the worst to happen just before Christmas, and we nerds are very kind and sharing people.

Icemopper on
  • Options
    noir_bloodnoir_blood Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Icemopper wrote: »
    Definitely PM a moderator about the auction thread. It might be frowned upon, but considering the circumstances, it is worth a shot.

And yes please just put an Amazon wish list in your sig or something, that is the worst to happen just before Christmas, and we nerds are very kind and sharing people.

Sounds like someone is donating their recently gifted PS3!

Way to go Icemopper! You can umm, just send it to me. I'll make sure Spaniard gets it. We tight like that.

noir_blood on
  • Options
    edited December 2009

Does anybody know offhand of a site that lists every game released for each console alphabetically in one long list, so that I can just run down it and make my list of stolen games?

Also who would be a good mod to PM about that?

The_Spaniard on
  • Options
    ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Woo! It's killing me waiting to see if pics get posted!

SSTrack-3.jpg

ArcSyn on
    4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    edited December 2009

Does anybody know offhand of a site that lists every game released for each console alphabetically in one long list, so that I can just run down it and make my list of stolen games?

I dunno if it's complete, but here an alphabetical list from Neoseeker:
    http://www.neoseeker.com/Games/title/XBOX360/all.html
    http://www.neoseeker.com/Games/title/Wii/all.html
    http://www.neoseeker.com/Games/title/PS3/all.html

ArcSyn on
    4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    Spartan 0092Spartan 0092 Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Damn Spaniard, I don't have much to offer but give me something to do and I'll do it.

Spartan 0092 on
    One's dignity may be assaulted, vandalized and cruelly mocked, but cannot be taken away unless it is surrendered.
  • Options
    slacktronslacktron Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Package sent. My master Secret Santa plan will be complete on Saturday.

Phase III took much longer than expected. I blame my minions, the foolish humans. Also, I could have sent it last week if it weren't for those meddling kids.

Here's a sneak preview of what's coming:
    v1_collider_lair2.jpg

But before you gets your hopes up, here's a hint to my Santee: you haven't posted to this thread (yet). So one of you lurkers may already be a winnar!

I'd cue a diabolical laugh here, but I'm too worn out. Eh hehehehe *wheeze*

slacktron on
    slacktron_zombie_fighter_sig.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    ArcSyn wrote: »

I dunno if it's complete, but here an alphabetical list from Neoseeker:
    http://www.neoseeker.com/Games/title/XBOX360/all.html
    http://www.neoseeker.com/Games/title/Wii/all.html
    http://www.neoseeker.com/Games/title/PS3/all.html

Thanks for the list, I'm going to go through it.

OMG I want to run head first into a wall right now, I just had the ultimate case of "adding insult to injury". I just got a call right now from a random security company stating that they are trying to raise awareness for their company so they were just cold calling people in my neighborhood and said that in exchange for putting a small "protected by" sign in our yard they would give us a free security system. I asked the guy if he could go back in time and call us a couple days ago. Anyway yeah.. ouch, every new bit of news hurts even more.

The_Spaniard on
  • Options
    mynameisguidomynameisguido Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Present Get! I got a very nice package from Urahonky today including a T-shirt, a WoW time card, some candy, Too Human and a very nice card.

Way more than I could have expected and very very appreciated.

Once I find my (obviously seldom used) digital camera I'll post pictures here.

Oh, and just as an FYI honky, even if you had found my Facebook it wouldn't been very useful given that I have posted there, um, twice I think.

mynameisguido on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Spaniard; sorry to hear. I've been through that once(granted it was years ago), and all you can do is make up for what was lost and be glad for what you have. When my collection got wrecked, I just rebuilt it and made it better. It takes time, but it'll work out.

On a lighter note...

Package get!

IMG_6250.jpg

It's from... somewhere in Kansas, I think. (Address concealment brought to you by obscure Saturn import)

Chief of security goes to investigate.

IMG_6251.jpg

Ken-Ohki has some difficulty.

IMG_6252.jpg

Nom noming works wonders.

A letter awaits!

IMG_6253.jpg

IMG_6256.jpg

I saw the Phoenix Wright games in your backloggery and your desire for quirky games. I tried to find Holy Invasion of Privacy Badman for PSP or Space Invaders Extreme but could only find used versions. And I ain't gifting no used games. Hopefully these will suffice.

Merry Christmas

SANTA

(Sorry, I don't own any wrapping paper and am a terrible wrapper anyways)

Ah, it's the thought that counts. I'm even worse at it, just ask Redfield.

What lies beyond?

IMG_6255.jpg

Harvey Birdman: Attorney At Law and Wii Points! I was kind of interested in the first just because Capcom made it, though I've never seen the show. (And it certainly looks quirky)

Also, this is perfect timing, since Blaster Master just came out on VC, and I can also pick up Gleylancer.

(Only problem is I don't have a Wi-Fi Connection at the moment. :( Anyone have an idea how this PC Wi-Fi connector mentioned in the Wii options screen functions?)

Beyond that, thanks a lot... um, whoever you are. I'm certain to make good use of both gifts. <3

Oh, and by the way: Badman doesn't exist on UMD, so you would have had a hard time finding that. :P It was through PSN only, I believe.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    DuoRCNDuoRCN Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Gift recieved santa, pics in a few days when I actually have some free time.

DuoRCN on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Damn, he just gifted you the desire to watch Harvey Birdman. The greatest gift of all.

Ha ha!

cooljammer00 on
    steam_sig.png

• Options
    mynameisguidomynameisguido Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    My Santee will have to thank honky, because I think my package today has convinced I need to get something a bit extra for it to feel "right".

Anyways, if you want to check out the swag, they're all in an album together:

http://s429.photobucket.com/albums/qq11/guidoguido777/Secret%20Santa%2009/

Oh, and speaking of my Santee, I'm waiting on my last (handmade) part and it'll be ready to go, even though it may get there a little bit after Christmas :(

mynameisguido on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    BursarBursar Hee Noooo! PDX areaRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    If you're waiting from pictures from me, Santa, you'll have to wait longer; for tonight is my office [strike]Christmas[/strike] [strike]Hannakuh[/strike] [strike]Wookie Life Day[/strike] winter holiday party, so I won't be able to get home and take pictures for a while.
    cj iwakura wrote: »
    (Only problem is I don't have a Wi-Fi Connection at the moment. :( Anyone have an idea how this PC Wi-Fi connector mentioned in the Wii options screen functions?)
    I've had to use it at work, and it gets the job done. Sometimes it's difficult to set up, though, depending on your PC's permissions and such. I don't think it works with Vista, either.

Bursar on
    GNU Terry Pratchett
    PSN: Wstfgl | GamerTag: An Evil Plan | Battle.net: FallenIdle#1970
    Hit me up on BoardGameArena! User: Loaded D1
    Spoilered until images are unborked. egc6gp2emz1v.png
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    If you're waiting from pictures from me, Santa, you'll have to wait longer; for tonight is my office [strike]Christmas[/strike] [strike]Hannakuh[/strike] [strike]Wookie Life Day[/strike] winter holiday party, so I won't be able to get home and take pictures for a while.
    I've had to use it at work, and it gets the job done. Sometimes it's difficult to set up, though, depending on your PC's permissions and such. I don't think it works with Vista, either.

I mean, where do you get the adapter from? Is it included with the system?

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    jclastjclast Registered User regular
    edited December 2009

I mean, where do you get the adapter from? Is it included with the system?

Nope - it's bought separately from the Wii.

jclast on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    ArikadoArikado Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    You guys talking about the USB WiFi thing?

Arikado on
    BNet: Arikado#1153 | Steam | LoL: Anzen
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Known as the dongle, yes.

cooljammer00 on
    steam_sig.png

• Options
    The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Ugh, 50 bucks?

Just buy a wireless router. Far more useful and it's not like setting up your Wii/DS on your wifi manually is difficult.

The Dude With Herpes on
    Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• Options
    edited December 2009
    Thanks for all the support and advice so far guys. I added as much as I could remember missing to my Amazon Wish List http://www.amazon.com/registry/wishlist/D0VW2PYQAWHL/ref=cm_wl_sortbar_o_page_1?_encoding=UTF8&page=1 It's items 1-63, and that's not counting about 25 PS2 games and all the DLC I had on all my systems. I tried calling one of the numbers on that TeamXbox link somebody gave me and it was literally an MS Security office that protects their complex. I know Sony and Microsoft can track these systems, but when I asked them to just flag the accounts/serials as stolen so when the bad guys try to take them online they know, but they pretended like they don't know what I'm talking about. Who should I call and what should I say? Should I send a couple of EECBs?

The_Spaniard on
  • Options
    TeeManTeeMan BrainSpoon Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I uhh, I hate to laugh but is that really your name? If so, I am in awe :lol: So good

TeeMan on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    FyreWulffFyreWulff YouRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited December 2009
    Thanks for all the support and advice so far guys. I added as much as I could remember missing to my Amazon Wish List http://www.amazon.com/registry/wishlist/D0VW2PYQAWHL/ref=cm_wl_sortbar_o_page_1?_encoding=UTF8&page=1 It's items 1-63, and that's not counting about 25 PS2 games and all the DLC I had on all my systems. I tried calling one of the numbers on that TeamXbox link somebody gave me and it was literally an MS Security office that protects their complex. I know Sony and Microsoft can track these systems, but when I asked them to just flag the accounts/serials as stolen so when the bad guys try to take them online they know, but they pretended like they don't know what I'm talking about. Who should I call and what should I say? Should I send a couple of EECBs?

You're gonna have to EECB. It's the only thing that got me past the 4MYXBOX line acting stupid/blocking me last time I had to deal with MS.

FyreWulff on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    FyreWulff wrote: »

You're gonna have to EECB. It's the only thing that got me past the 4MYXBOX line acting stupid/blocking me last time I had to deal with MS.

What did you have to deal with them for? Did it work?

Another thing that sucks is that a lot of those games I just listed on Amazon I hadn't even opened or played yet.

The_Spaniard on
  • Options
    The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Amazon sells rifles?

Who knew?

The Dude With Herpes on
    Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• Options
    edited December 2009
    86 dollars for Saints Row? That must be an off site listing or something.

cooljammer00 on
    steam_sig.png