As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Digital Book Sites besides Coursesmart.com?

McAllenMcAllen Registered User regular
edited January 2010 in Help / Advice Forum
College has finally started once again, and I'm back to ordering my books.

Besides Chegg.com and Coursesmart.com, I don't like to order from any other store when it comes to my books. I had ordered all the books I've needed so far but I need one tomorrow and Chegg.com says my order's not coming until the 15th.

Some sites have a free glimpse of at least the first chapter, Coursesmart.com has done this and it's very convenient. I'm supposed to bring in the first ten pages of one book, Norton: Introduction to Literature, but i have not found any site that allows the preview for this book, unless they're showing the table of contents.

Is there another possible website that lets you read books online? I have only found coursesmart for the textbooks I've needed, but I havent' found any others.

Thanks!

McAllen on

• Options
    WildEEPWildEEP Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    So you'll be a week behind in the reading. It gives you something to do on your first Saturday back from classes. Hell, there are people a month behind or an entire semester behind in readings.
    Can you really not wait 4 days?

WildEEP on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    I'm not the type to put off any homework or pre-readings, and after a rocky fall semester I didn't want to develop any early habits from a lazy holiday season.

I'll survive regardless of whether or not I can read the book before I get it, but I don't want to miss out on any in class stuff where I would have to trouble someone to look on their copy or something. They have an online table of contents / glossary to look at so I've been doing supplementary reading for now.

Just don't want to miss any online nuggets for online textbooks, I prefer them almost over the hard copy.

McAllen on
  • Options
    TychoCelchuuuTychoCelchuuu PIGEON Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Can you buy the books from the school bookstore and return them when your stuff comes?

TychoCelchuuu on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Can you buy the books from the school bookstore and return them when your stuff comes?

You can, but I'm afraid that I've got such a limited budget this term that I only have enough to invest in a iClicker, otherwise I can't afford anything else.

EDIT: To maybe put this into context, I saved 400 dollars from Chegg.com.

McAllen on