As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Lets get LOST. One. More. Time.

• Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Man, I hope that the second hour is going to be better than the first.

Because compared to the rest of the season openers it was only OK.

Blake T on
  • Options
    Lord DaveLord Dave Grief Causer Bitch Free ZoneRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Qorzm wrote: »
    If you only looked at single forumer posts discussing the show as they were watching it last night, they would be spamming as well :/

Maybe people who watch it late should have the foresight to compile their "oh hey a thing" posts together.

Lord Dave on
    mkc.png
  • Options
    DrIanMalcolmDrIanMalcolm Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    While I did love Japanese guy AKA Hiroyuki Sanada, one of Japan's most respected actors, I loved the appearance of John Hawkes (Sol Starr in Deadwood, Russell Crowe's sidekick in American Gangster) as his interpreter even more

DrIanMalcolm on
  • Options
    Bears And WingsBears And Wings Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    last night episodes sucked.

Bears And Wings on
  • Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    really now

Sweeney Tom on
  • Options
    satansfingerssatansfingers Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    While I did love Japanese guy AKA Hiroyuki Sanada, one of Japan's most respected actors, I loved the appearance of John Hawkes (Sol Starr in Deadwood, Russell Crowe's sidekick in American Gangster) as his interpreter even more
    i remember him best from eastbound and down/me and you and everyone we know. but that guy does rule.

satansfingers on
  • Options
    TasteticleTasteticle Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    I noticed something last night and it's super nit picky and pointless but I will share it anyways
    When 815 crashed the first time, they were turned around to go back to Fiji, they were 1000 miles off-course when it happened. But in that camera pan into the ocean on timeline B, the island was more or less right under the plane and they obviously weren't turned around as they landed in LAX. I know the island moves but it just struck me as odd.

Tasteticle on

Uh-oh I accidentally deleted my signature. Uh-oh!!
  • Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    last night episodes sucked.

Nah.

Centipede Damascus on
  • Options
    No Great NameNo Great Name FRAUD DETECTED Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Tasteticle wrote: »
    I noticed something last night and it's super nit picky and pointless but I will share it anyways
    When 815 crashed the first time, they were turned around to go back to Fiji, they were 1000 miles off-course when it happened. But in that camera pan into the ocean on timeline B, the island was more or less right under the plane and they obviously weren't turned around as they landed in LAX. I know the island moves but it just struck me as odd.
    You sure that was flight 815?

edit: I have literally no idea how that happened.

No Great Name on
    PSN: NoGreatName Steam:SirToons Twitch: SirToons
    sirtoons.png
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    You sure that was flight 815?

edit: I have literally no idea how that happened.

doesn't matter, they were still flying from sydney to la

Tasteticle on

• Options
    edited February 2010
    actually thinking on it some about more, they did it exactly right. I mean,
    if we assume the island stopped moving when it sunk, and it had been sunk for some time (the growth all over the island/statue), it would be quite some distance from where it was in timeline A

touche lost writers

touche

Tasteticle on

• Options
    edited February 2010
    I'm guessing that maybe the island was sunk before that too (and then risen) because that'd explain the Black Rock showing up in the middle of the jungle

DrIanMalcolm on
  • Options
    No Great NameNo Great Name FRAUD DETECTED Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    unless it sinks right after the opening scene of season 5's finale I don't think so ian.

No Great Name on
    PSN: NoGreatName Steam:SirToons Twitch: SirToons
    sirtoons.png
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Yeah I have no idea about the black rock. The simplest explanation would be
    Smokey dragging it through the jungle. But that doesn't really make a lot of sense.

Tasteticle on

• Options
    scsscsscsscs Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    I'm guessing that maybe the island was sunk before that too (and then risen) because that'd explain the Black Rock showing up in the middle of the jungle
    The Black Rock showing up in the middle of the jungle can be explained by there being a big storm that washed it inland.

scsscs on
  • Options
    DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Lost : Gilligan's Island :: Twin Peaks : Desperate Housewives

eh?

Doodmann on
    Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    I like to ART
  • Options
    Lord DaveLord Dave Grief Causer Bitch Free ZoneRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    This "SECRETS OF LOST REVEALED" Entertainment Weekly cover has pictures of the major cast with little captions

Kate's is:
    "Will Kate choose Jack or Sawyer??"

barf barf barf barf barf
    BARF

also it spoils
    the exciting return of boone

Lord Dave on
    mkc.png
  • Options
    Bad-BeatBad-Beat Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    I wish kate's caption was

"how horrible will he death be? How awesome will the after death party be?"

Bad-Beat on
  • Options
    MaceraMacera UGH GODDAMMIT STOP ENJOYING THINGSRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Bad-Beat wrote: »

"So awesome"

Macera on
    xet8c.gif
  • Options
    KazhiimKazhiim __BANNED USERS regular
    edited February 2010
    unless it sinks right after the opening scene of season 5's finale I don't think so ian.
    the scene we saw at the end of season 5 could have been in the alternate timeline

Kazhiim on
    lost_sig2.png
  • Options
    SimBenSimBen Hodor? Hodor Hodor.Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Bad-Beat wrote: »

Alternate Kate runs to the OTHER REALITY (because she's BORN TO RUN man) and telefrags Kate Prime.

LOST

SimBen on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    I can't believe there are still people out there who think this show doesn't know what it's doing.

Centipede Damascus on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I can't believe there are still people out there who think this show doesn't know what it's doing.

IT NEVER ANSWERS ANYTHING

Tasteticle on

• Options
    satansfingerssatansfingers Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    the final scene of the show will just be lindelof and cuse shrugging

satansfingers on
  • Options
    RubberACRubberAC Sidney BC!Registered User regular
    edited February 2010

IT NEVER ANSWERS ANYTHING

yeah uh
    i love this show and watch it pretty closely but
    I still get pretty irritated everytime they introduce a new mysterious thing without explaining the 100s of other ones jus' chillen

RubberAC on
  • Options
    KazhiimKazhiim __BANNED USERS regular
    edited February 2010
    it's like I said earlier

Chow Yun Fat is completely superfluous. How'd they even manage to hire bogey?

Kazhiim on
    lost_sig2.png
  • Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Lucent wrote: »
    Some comments from Lindelof and the cast about the premiere
    io9 wrote:
    The psychic told Claire that she had to raise Aaron herself, and her child couldn't be raised by another, says Damon Lindelof. And that's "absolutely" significant for this season, since Kate has been raising Aaron. We won't find out anything more about the psychic, but we will see the importance of "who's going to end up being Aaron's mom: Claire or Kate." Also, Kate's two suitors (Jack and Sawyer) shouldn't both expect to go away empty-handed. And the writers have a really good plan for that triangle. [CNN]

So we started off last night's episode by seeing that Desmond was on the plane, and the Island was under water. And those things are significant. Explains Damon Lindelof:
    What we're trying to do there is basically say to you, "God bless the survivors of Oceanic 815, because they're so self-centered, they thought the only effect [of detonating the bomb] was going to be that their plane never crashes." But they don't stop to think, "If we do this in 1977, what else is going to affected by this?" So that their entire lives can be changed radically. In fact, it would appear that they've sunken the Island. That's our way of saying, "Keep your eyes peeled for the differences that you're not expecting." Some of these characters were still in Australia, but some weren't. Shannon's not there. Boone actually says that he tried to get her back. There are all sorts of other people that we don't see. Where's Libby? Where's Ana Lucia? Where's Eko? These are all the things that you're supposed to be thinking about.

We should also be asking whether or how the timelines will intersect, if they're both viable, if they'll "resolve," and so on. We'll get mythological answers about the Island early in the season, but answers about the two timelines will be slow to arrive. [EW]

You shouldn't necessarily think of Jacob's death as murder — it's more like assisted suicide, says Michael Emerson, given the way Jacob taunted Ben into killing him with that "What about you?" question. And Emerson adds, "Jacob's agenda is more complicated than we can know. It's certainly not as simple as we thought." [Fancast]

Josh Holloway has a theory about the Island:
    To me, it's a mirror to everyone's spiritual growth. It forces each character to face their demons, whatever they are, and come out the other side. Or die.[USA Today]

Jorge Garcia hints that we will get "closure" on the Hurley-Libby relationship. [Zap2It]

Relevant to that is: http://lostpedia.wikia.com/wiki/Differences_between_flashsideways_timeline_and_original_timeline

I didn't even fucking notice that
    Jin and Sun weren't even married. That is insane.

I just thought about this today at work!

I was like
    "Wait a minute...she called her Ms. Paik"

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    Dorktron9000Dorktron9000 Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    You guys remember way back when Hurley fired that flare gun up in the air and Mikhail came running?

Guess we know why.

Dorktron9000 on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Oh shit

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    smegheadsmeghead Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Yeah, and remember when Frank did the same thing...and there was no sign of any others?

smeghead on
    shatfalk.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Mikhail's the only one paying attention, man

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    As someone who goes to Lostpedia quite frequently ('cause it is a good site despite some insane stuff on there), it was pretty crazy to

SPOILERS
    search for the Monster to be redirected to Jacob's Nemesis. Just a weird feeling that it's finally resolved.

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    CrackedLensCrackedLens Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    i dont know if its been commented on yet or not

but Hiroyuki Sanada's (Temple Yoko) leather vest thing was fucking PIMP

i cant find any pics online so somebody needs to screencap it

CrackedLens on
    XBoxLive Gamertag: ZombieKyle Secret Satan Wishlist
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Pimp.jpg

DrIanMalcolm on
  • Options
    CrackedLensCrackedLens Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    fuuuuuck yeah

lookin smoooove

CrackedLens on
    XBoxLive Gamertag: ZombieKyle Secret Satan Wishlist
  • Options
    FugaFuga Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    oh man I just realized that alternate dimension Sun might not know english for realsies.
    NOT EVERRRRY NOOK AND CRANNY, JOHN

Fuga on
  • Options
    tech_huntertech_hunter More SeattleRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    About the temple
    I don't think where Ben saw his daughter and where Hurley and crew took Sayid into the hole was the actual temple. I think that was just the wall itself.

I mean I have never known an Egyptian to just be able to build a simple wall it has to be filled with chambers and passages and stuff. The others that are there at the temple now are the ones that Ben had told to go there and i guess they have all just been chill'n by the fountain of youth.

The flares are surely some type of signal, probably a warning that something is going to go down and anyone out in the field should return, or maybe to stay away. I think the need for the Ash now may be that jacob was actively protecting the temple somehow and now with him dead other measures need to be taken. Also I am not certain of this but I have a feeling that the ashes are the ashes of Others that have died, it would make sense considering their agreement with the Dharma guys about handing over their dead

tech_hunter on
    Sig to mucho Grande!
  • Options
    Skull ManSkull Man RIP KUSU Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    wait, isn't the ash just the stuff from outside jacob's cabin?

wouldn't that make sense?

Skull Man on
  • Options
    DislexicDislexic Creepy Uncle Bad Touch Your local playgroundRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Skull Man wrote: »
    wait, isn't the ash just the stuff from outside jacob's cabin?

wouldn't that make sense?

Where do you think it comes from? THE SKY?

Dislexic on
    batsig.jpg
  • Options
    smegheadsmeghead Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    About the temple
    I don't think where Ben saw his daughter and where Hurley and crew took Sayid into the hole was the actual temple. I think that was just the wall itself.

I mean I have never known an Egyptian to just be able to build a simple wall it has to be filled with chambers and passages and stuff. The others that are there at the temple now are the ones that Ben had told to go there and i guess they have all just been chill'n by the fountain of youth.

The flares are surely some type of signal, probably a warning that something is going to go down and anyone out in the field should return, or maybe to stay away. I think the need for the Ash now may be that jacob was actively protecting the temple somehow and now with him dead other measures need to be taken. Also I am not certain of this but I have a feeling that the ashes are the ashes of Others that have died, it would make sense considering their agreement with the Dharma guys about handing over their dead
    Yeah, at some point last season Damon and Carlton clarified that the wall is a substantial distance from the temple itself. I think I remember hearing them say it was about a mile away, but I'm not sure.

smeghead on
    shatfalk.jpg
This discussion has been closed.