Options

Oven [chat]

• Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Echo wrote: »
    i actually don't see why people get so worked up about infractions at all.

its not like it goes on your PERMANENT RECORD

It is on permanent record that I have an infraction from Tube for incorrect use of rimshot.

Yes well that's your own fault, Echo. You did use the word "rimshot" incorrectly, after all.

Drez on
    Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Elki wrote: »
    I fucking hate movie talkers.

I get that some people are church quiet even when the commercials are on, but seriously, I think of the movies like people thought of the theater. I pay a lot of good damned money to be there, and to be entertained, and not by some asshole who thinks he's the next Jerry fucking Seinfeld.

Also, get off your fucking phone, that bright light is just as distracting as your keypad beeps. Leave your fucking kid at home, or walk out of the movie. You have a kid, a whiny snot nosed kid that cries. You do not still have the same rights as the rest of us, and you're not entitled to stay there just because you paid good money like everyone else. It's called responsibility. You had the choice to have the kid, you deal with the consequences, and one of them is that if your kid starts crying you just lost 20 bucks for the movie. Sorry, better luck next time.

Finally, get your fucking feet off the back of the seats, especially when someone is sitting in front of you.

What's with the matching avatars?

think about what the avatars are

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    DaxonDaxon Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    I intentionally got myself an infraction for Hannukah. But mostly cause I was annoyed at D&D being inaccessible and not entirely endeared with being forced to celebrate a holiday when I wanted to talk about Doctor Who or whatnot.

Daxon on
  • Options
    thisisntwallythisisntwally Registered User regular
    edited February 2010

It is on permanent record that I have an infraction from Tube for incorrect use of rimshot.

it just says 'private' when i look :(

thisisntwally on
    #someshit
  • Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Inquisitor on
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited February 2010
    Tube is harsh but fair on the proper usage of rimshots.

Echo on
  • Options
    PonyPony Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Pony wrote: »

I know crowds. I know how to work with a crowd, and how to work a crowd too, and I have a pretty good head for when some public behaviors are acceptable and others are not.

It's a thing you get a sense of as you watch the movie, and sometimes it doesn't go the way I like it and rather than trying to force it, I just leave. I've walked out of bad movies before because the crowd either didn't think it was as bad as I did, or weren't the sort of folk who react to bad movies that way. That's okay, I'll just head out rather than sit there biting my tongue.

However, people aren't universal and even if most of the movie was laughing and clapping and snarking along with Daybreakers, I'm sure some people weren't and were probably really annoyed that other people weren't being reverent of the sacrament of Their Ten Dollars.

In that case, those people can leave. It's a crowd experience, and if you don't like the crowd, rent a DVD.

Wait, are you saying that if there are a few people in the theater that don't like your jokes, but the rest of the people do, then they can leave? Or are you saying that if you can't make your jokes during a shitty movie you'll walk out.

Just curious?

I'm saying if the crowd is being raucous and sarcastic at the movie and cracking wise and laughing at and so on, then that's the crowd. If that annoys you, leave.

If I would like it if the crowd was that raucous at this bad film and it isn't and that's diminishing my enjoyment of the movie, then I should leave. And, as that has happened sometimes, I have! My buddies and I have walked out of bad movies because nobody else seemed to really think of it the way we did.

If one guy in a cinema full of people laughing and wisecracking stands up and shouts at everyone else to shut up, he's about as big of an asshole as one guy wisecracking in a theater full of people who are trying to quietly watch.

It's mob rule, like I said. It's a crowd experience, and if you don't like the crowd, get out and watch DVDs.

Pony on
  • Options
    NocturneNocturne Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    desc wrote: »
    Uh oh, the talking in theaters discussion. Chat is about to brawl.

This man called it.

Not that it's a particularly hard thing to predict but this was the first message I read in [chat] today so it was funny.

Nocturne on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Drez wrote: »

Yes well that's your own fault, Echo. You did use the word "rimshot" incorrectly, after all.

was he thinking of rimjob?

incidentally, my wife uses this at all sorts of inappropriate times. like margaritas. apparently the salt on the glass is called a rimjob in wackoland

thisisntwally on
    #someshit
  • Options
    HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited February 2010
    Abdhyius wrote: »

I get that some people are church quiet even when the commercials are on, but seriously, I think of the movies like people thought of the theater. I pay a lot of good damned money to be there, and to be entertained, and not by some asshole who thinks he's the next Jerry fucking Seinfeld.

Also, get off your fucking phone, that bright light is just as distracting as your keypad beeps. Leave your fucking kid at home, or walk out of the movie. You have a kid, a whiny snot nosed kid that cries. You do not still have the same rights as the rest of us, and you're not entitled to stay there just because you paid good money like everyone else. It's called responsibility. You had the choice to have the kid, you deal with the consequences, and one of them is that if your kid starts crying you just lost 20 bucks for the movie. Sorry, better luck next time.

Finally, get your fucking feet off the back of the seats, especially when someone is sitting in front of you.

No wait. Now I don't get it. Is there something to get about the avatars?

Honk on
    PSN: Honkalot
  • Options
    Silas BrownSilas Brown That's hobo style. Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Daxon wrote: »
    I intentionally got myself an infraction for Hannukah. But mostly cause I was annoyed at D&D being inaccessible and not entirely endeared with being forced to celebrate a holiday when I wanted to talk about Doctor Who or whatnot.

You weren't forced to celebrate a holiday. You could have gone to some other forum or done something else.

Silas Brown on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Tube is harsh but fair on the proper usage of rimshots.

yes

a rimshot is a rimshot

you can just go ba dum pish

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    edited February 2010

i didn't. i was having fun drawing a rabbi...

it was worth the infraction in retrospect. after all, you can draw a rabbi for a day, or fondly remember an infraction for a lifetime.

thisisntwally on
    #someshit
  • Options
    DaxonDaxon Registered User regular
    edited February 2010

You weren't forced to celebrate a holiday. You could have gone to some other forum or done something else.

I have no other forum, and I did go and do other stuff but it lasted too long, I grew impatient

Daxon on
  • Options
    PonyPony Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    So, what Drez is basically saying is "Fuck how everyone else feels about the film, I, Drez, get the right exclusively to determine the appropriate behavior at the cinema and if everyone else in the crowd is enjoying the film via laughing and snarking at it, they are wrong and I am right for insisting they are silent so I may enjoy the film and ignore that they exist".

Drez, you are pretty enormously self-centered on this subject.

Pony on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Honk wrote: »

i will eat your face if you don't get on the eggplant bandwagon

thisisntwally on
    #someshit
  • Options
    edited February 2010

why does everyone have them?

what do xenomorphs do?

here's a hint:

face full of alien wing wong

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    edited February 2010

I know crowds. I know how to work with a crowd, and how to work a crowd too, and I have a pretty good head for when some public behaviors are acceptable and others are not.

It's a thing you get a sense of as you watch the movie, and sometimes it doesn't go the way I like it and rather than trying to force it, I just leave. I've walked out of bad movies before because the crowd either didn't think it was as bad as I did, or weren't the sort of folk who react to bad movies that way. That's okay, I'll just head out rather than sit there biting my tongue.

However, people aren't universal and even if most of the movie was laughing and clapping and snarking along with Daybreakers, I'm sure some people weren't and were probably really annoyed that other people weren't being reverent of the sacrament of Their Ten Dollars.

In that case, those people can leave. It's a crowd experience, and if you don't like the crowd, rent a DVD.

Wait, are you saying that if there are a few people in the theater that don't like your jokes, but the rest of the people do, then they can leave? Or are you saying that if you can't make your jokes during a shitty movie you'll walk out.

Just curious?

I'm saying if the crowd is being raucous and sarcastic at the movie and cracking wise and laughing at and so on, then that's the crowd. If that annoys you, leave.

If I would like it if the crowd was that raucous at this bad film and it isn't and that's diminishing my enjoyment of the movie, then I should leave. And, as that has happened sometimes, I have! My buddies and I have walked out of bad movies because nobody else seemed to really think of it the way we did.

If one guy in a cinema full of people laughing and wisecracking stands up and shouts at everyone else to shut up, he's about as big of an asshole as one guy wisecracking in a theater full of people who are trying to quietly watch.

It's mob rule, like I said. It's a crowd experience, and if you don't like the crowd, get out and watch DVDs.
    Did you seriously just use "if you don't like it, leave"? I mean, really? That's your justification for being a dick?

It's a movie theater. Not a Pony be a dick show. The don't say "Quiet please, unless everyone else isn't being that quiet, in which case you can be less quiet". I don't give a shit how much the crowd is into it. If you want to be loud, you buy the fucking DVD and do it at home. Let the people who paid the movie theater to watch the movie watch the fucking movie.

matt has a problem on
    nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Hannukah forums weren't really that funny. That was all, actually. Mixing the forums was fun tho.

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    being quiet in a movie theater isn't exactly a new or startling concept

Casual Eddy on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    i would go to a pony be a dick show.

thisisntwally on
    #someshit
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    You don't make noise in a theatre like you don't play soccer on an airplane. There's are proper venues to make noise.

Honk on
  • Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    I am in a very metal mood.

Tav on
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited February 2010
    I miss the crazy stuff we used to do with the forums for April 1st.

Echo on
  • Options
    edited February 2010

Just curious?

Did you seriously just use "if you don't like it, leave"? I mean, really? That's your justification for being a dick?

It's a movie theater. Not a Pony be a dick show. The don't say "Quiet please, unless everyone else isn't being that quiet, in which case you can be less quiet". I don't give a shit how much the crowd is into it. If you want to be loud, you buy the fucking DVD and do it at home. Let the people who paid the movie theater to watch the movie watch the fucking movie.

no he's saying

everybody's quiet - be quiet

everybody's talking - don't bitch about that

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    I think you're at it right now.

matt has a problem on
    nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    So what it's about is that aliens effectively turn people into other aliens?

Honk on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    there was a fully grown man crying in the theater during the last LOTR film. it was pitiful.

i wish pony were there to mock him publicly.

thisisntwally on
    #someshit
  • Options
    NocturneNocturne Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    I think you're at it right now.

This is a quality post.

Nocturne on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I miss the crazy stuff we used to do with the forums for April 1st.

GOATSE!

thisisntwally on
    #someshit
  • Options
    edited February 2010

Just curious?

no he's saying

I'll remember that when everyone wants to ban gay marriage.

matt has a problem on
    nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    edited February 2010

ITS ABOUT ME EATING YOUR FACE

EDIT:WHATAMIDOINGINEEDTOGOHOME

thisisntwally on
    #someshit
  • Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited February 2010

NSFW.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Let's talk about a game that I finished this morning - Halo Wars. I liked it, it had great production value.

Honk on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    My favourite april first jokes were always infinity's

they are always incredibly obvious

and tons of people always fell for it

as in, fell for "cutting planetary exploration, swapping to jumpgates, no twitch-based gameplay. Oh and the name's Adam Online now."

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited February 2010
    So, what Drez is basically saying is "Fuck how everyone else feels about the film, I, Drez, get the right exclusively to determine the appropriate behavior at the cinema and if everyone else in the crowd is enjoying the film via laughing and snarking at it, they are wrong and I am right for insisting they are silent so I may enjoy the film and ignore that they exist".

Drez, you are pretty enormously self-centered on this subject.

Well, it's not like theater has a complicated set of rules. It's : Hey, shut the fuck up, and make the sounds appropriate to your level of emotions. I didn't know there was a subclause that allows to you completely ruin somebody's night, because you don't think it's OK for them to enjoy a certain movie.

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Aliens copulate in the weirdest way.

Honk on
  • Options
    edited February 2010

Just curious?

no he's saying

I'll remember that when everyone wants to ban gay marriage.

alright I'm outta here

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    RustRust __BANNED USERS regular
    edited February 2010
    i hope matt has someone talking very loudly on a cell phone sitting next to him

for the rest of his life

who will follow him into bed and into the bathroom

discussing the weather and the results of "yesterday's game" (what sport he is talking about will never be made clear)

Rust on
  • Options
    ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    i would go to a pony show.

:|

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
This discussion has been closed.