As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

On Wed May 19th, 2010, this is New Comic.

• Options
    BlackDoveBlackDove Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Ah, there's my game comic.

The next DLC is horse armor with guns.

BlackDove on
  • Options
    The_ReflectionThe_Reflection Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    I can't wit to get this game, but I hve to wait like three weeks due to school. I know if I buy this now, id never study for my upcoming tests.

Question, can you input your own songs into the game? Because I want to ride around in the open to the theme from Blazing Saddles.

The_Reflection on
  • Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    SirToasty wrote: »
    Will not be purchasing this game. My brother has been playing it and I know I'd get bored riding a mile to each mission. It's exactly what happened on every GTA game I've played besides Chinatown Wars. I actually finished that one, probably because there is less stuff to do so I can focus on the main game.

Riding a mile to each mission? You mean like sailing on the sea in Wind Waker?

Henroid on
  • Options
    AneurhythmiaAneurhythmia Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    I probably didn't notice this at first, because I don't have any kids of my own, but Gabe and Kiko have the same leg.

edit: Henroid, I don't think that's a very good counter-point. A lot of (dumb) people hated that game mechanic.

Aneurhythmia on
  • Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    I'm not making a counter point because I don't know about RDR. But if it requires riding around in a manner where you just ride a horse in a direction for a couple minutes, I'm going to start seeking out people who like RDR but hated Wind Waker because of the traveling in the game. To punch them in the face.

Henroid on
  • Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
  • Options
    EdcrabEdcrab Actually a hack Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    If RDR ever appears on PC, hell yeah I'd probably grab it. Looks a lot more interesting than GTAIV

Edcrab on
    cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
  • Options
    TiBTiB Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    I like thinking that horse can hover or jump in a Yosemite Sam looney tunes fashion by shooting rapidly successive rounds

TiB on
    SatW.jpg
  • Options
    BartholamueBartholamue Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Haha, I love Gun Horse.

Bartholamue on
    Steam- SteveBartz Xbox Live- SteveBartz PSN Name- SteveBartz
  • Options
    RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Good GOD! I am going to have to fire up Mount and Blade 1866 every time RDR is mentioned until it comes to PC. :( On the upside, taking down a small army as it invades your town is quite run when you jump off the roof of the saloon and empty a six shooter into Geronimo's face.

RoyceSraphim on
  • Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    This is an excellent comic.

DouglasDanger on
  • Options
    TossrockTossrock too weird to live too rare to dieRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Joke explainer here to explain the joke:
    Kiko's real name is Francisco, and he is of Hispanic descent

Also Tycho is clearly saying the 'b' sound of 'because' which makes his mouth look closed

Tossrock on
    sig.png
  • Options
    Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    I don't mind the mouth not being open or whatever. The dialog in the first panel is really awkward though and probably doesn't even need to be there.

Second panel is all kinds of awesome though.

Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    If Tycho is referring to the gunhorse, then the comic works better without the dialogue at all, but if he is referring to Kiko's sombrero and such then that should be made clearer

I think it's the latter because there are two panels whereas if the dialogue was about the gunhorse it would all be taking place in one panel

FUCKIN' COMICS HOW DO THEY WORK

Olivaw on
    signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • Options
    SirToastySirToasty Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Henroid wrote: »
    Will not be purchasing this game. My brother has been playing it and I know I'd get bored riding a mile to each mission. It's exactly what happened on every GTA game I've played besides Chinatown Wars. I actually finished that one, probably because there is less stuff to do so I can focus on the main game.

Never played it.

SirToasty on
  • Options
    Skull ManSkull Man RIP KUSU Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    wind waker was amazing and if you didn't enjoy sailing I don't know what's wrong with you

Skull Man on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    It's a good game and you don't have to enjoy the sailing, just not condemn the entirety of the game over it.

I'm really just trying to figure out if a mechanic that made people hate a game has reappeared in another but now they're praising it.

Henroid on
  • Options
    AbracadanielAbracadaniel Registered User regular
    edited May 2010

Never played it.

It's your loss.

Abracadaniel on
  • Options
    Skull ManSkull Man RIP KUSU Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    man I may start a windwaker game when I get home

Skull Man on
  • Options
    NocturneNocturne Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    This comic is fantastic.

I had to re-read the text in the first panel once but it wasn't exactly confusing, considering they speak in those kind of sentence fragments semi-frequently in these here comics. Although the particular way it is done this time did trip me up for a second. Even just taking out the last "Becase you're..." might have made it flow better.

Nocturne on
  • Options
    CrashmoCrashmo Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    First panel is mildly awkward!

Gunhorse is amazing!

I didn't read the rest of the thread but I imagine this is how it went

Crashmo on
    polar-bearsig.jpg
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Definitely better sans the first panel dialogue.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    It's a good game and you don't have to enjoy the sailing, just not condemn the entirety of the game over it.

I'm really just trying to figure out if a mechanic that made people hate a game has reappeared in another but now they're praising it.

photo-3.png

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    And nobody worries about the grammar in the thread title.

SabreMau on
  • Options
    M.D.M.D. and then what happens? Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    looking at it again I think the comic without the first speech bubble reads better than with both and without both.
    But that's just me I suppose

M.D. on
  • Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    so the D&D podcast is still not out

mega lame

Indie Winter on
    wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    AneurhythmiaAneurhythmia Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Olivaw wrote: »
    If Tycho is referring to the gunhorse, then the comic works better without the dialogue at all, but if he is referring to Kiko's sombrero and such then that should be made clearer

I think it's the latter because there are two panels whereas if the dialogue was about the gunhorse it would all be taking place in one panel

FUCKIN' COMICS HOW DO THEY WORK

What.

Aneurhythmia on
  • Options
    RaneadosRaneados police apologist you shouldn't have been there, obviouslyRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    yeah olivaw

that's not how comics work

panels can be split up, and often are, even when containing a joke that could run over one

Raneados on
  • Options
    CampionCampion Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    That makes sense to me because the first time I saw the strip I was zoomed in with my iPod and it did not EVEN make sense the kinds of words Tycho was saying!

Campion on
    4484-7718-8470
  • Options
    Akilae729Akilae729 Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    This is one of the first ones that has actually made me laugh in a long time

Gunhorse art is awesome

Akilae729 on
    signaturebighe7.jpg
  • Options
    OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Raneados wrote: »
    yeah olivaw

panels can be split up, and often are, even when containing a joke that could run over one

But they're all standing next to each other

The panel break is completely unnecessary for the joke!

Olivaw on
    signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • Options
    FalloutFallout GIRL'S DAY WAS PRETTY GOOD WHILE THEY LASTEDRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    game fuckin rules

gunhorse rules

Fallout on
    xcomsig.png
  • Options
    RaneadosRaneados police apologist you shouldn't have been there, obviouslyRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Olivaw wrote: »
    Raneados wrote: »
    yeah olivaw

But they're all standing next to each other

The panel break is completely unnecessary for the joke!

1) ARE they?

2) probably, but it helps distinguish the punchline
    it's all about aesthetics

Raneados on
  • Options
    DocshiftyDocshifty Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    A panel break makes me pause, ignore the rest of the panels until I've really gone through the first. Makes punchlines like this work so much better.

Docshifty on
  • Options
    Burning OrganBurning Organ Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    I hate Rockstar for releasing this game on a Friday in Europe. Turns out the place I preordered from isn't getting any special editions (Not a big deal) and, more irritatingly, that they might not receive enough copies to go around, and I already paid for my preorder and getting the money back will take time and I don't have money to buy it form anywhere else right now.

I guess it's not a big deal, but it is a bummer.

EDIT: Great, looks like it won't arrive for another six days at least.

Burning Organ on
  • Options
    JustinSane07JustinSane07 Really, stupid? Brockton__BANNED USERS regular
    edited May 2010
    You know what would made the Gunhorse even more awesome? If instead of stirrups, Gabe was putting his feet inside trigger guards.

JustinSane07 on
  • Options
    GodfatherGodfather Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    This comic would work so much better without Tycho's speech bubble.

Godfather on
  • Options
    The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited May 2010
    Skull Man wrote: »
    wind waker was amazing and if you didn't enjoy sailing I don't know what's wrong with you

I liked the sailing.

I sang a sailing song every time I was in the boat and it played that happy sailing music.

I think most people did.

The Geek on
    BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    fightinfilipinofightinfilipino Angry as Hell #BLMRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Kiko's horse looks like it is ashamed hahaha

fightinfilipino on
    ffNewSig.png
    steam | Dokkan: 868846562
  • Options
    GameGrrlGameGrrl Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    What was the sailing mechanic like in WindWaker? Did you actively have to navigate your boat around obstacles, try and pick out currents/winds, like some kind of sailing simulation?

Or was it just "push a button to go to Island X"?

GameGrrl on
This discussion has been closed.