Options

Sorry, Venkman, I'm terrified beyond the capacity for rational [chat]

• Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    The ducks have a new favorite game. It's called "get put in the bathtub to swim, poop, then dive for and eat the poop". I'm thoroughly grossed out.

matt has a problem on
    nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    the real question is

when is the president and CEO

also a customer

hairclubformen.jpg

Podly on
    follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I read an interesting paper about the idea that the ultimate woman, for a certain type of man, is the sort of woman who is non-traditionally beautiful, so that the man can reap the rewards of having a beautiful woman but also the benefits of being the only one who goes for this woman. "I'm the only one who sees how beautiful you are", sort of thing.

Not sure if I believe it but its interesting.

What exactly would a non traditionally beautiful woman even be? Beauty is one of those things thats hella hella subjective. Aside from Shay Laren.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    JokermanJokerman Everything EverywhereRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Hahah there's an advertisement on facebook for the national guard that has a gunship flying away from a wall of fire.

Because that's exactly what it's gonna be like to be in the national guard.

Jokerman on
  • Options
    HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited June 2010
    Johannen wrote: »
    Look at Syndalis name dropping the shit out of his bank statement, high five buddy. We need more successful motherfuckers on here, I'm starting my own business at the moment and I hope to hell it gets me Oprah rich.

I have made a sculpture. I am successfullest.

Also, today I made meatballs. They were also successful.

Honk on
    PSN: Honkalot
  • Options
    Look Out it's Sabs!Look Out it's Sabs! Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    The ducks have a new favorite game. It's called "get put in the bathtub to swim, poop, then dive for and eat the poop". I'm thoroughly grossed out.

I just got a good movie idea.

The Duck Centipede

Look Out it's Sabs! on
    NNID: Sabuiy
    3DS: 2852-6809-9411
  • Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I read an interesting paper about the idea that the ultimate woman, for a certain type of man, is the sort of woman who is non-traditionally beautiful, so that the man can reap the rewards of having a beautiful woman but also the benefits of being the only one who goes for this woman. "I'm the only one who sees how beautiful you are", sort of thing.

I am extremely into non-traditionally beautiful women.

Winky on
  • Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    edited June 2010

I posit that "non-traditionally beautiful" is a false concept

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Podly wrote: »
    woah woah woah

just saw a picture of my buddy's more-or-less girlfriend

she is mind-meltingly hot

like I think I would start stuttering if I were introduced to her, or I might just cower from her over sexuality

jaysus mary and joseph!

it must be because he's in a band

and he's probably too stupid to actually recognize how intellectual her sexuality is

"how intellectual her sexuality is"

hahahahahaha

Evil Multifarious on
  • Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    edited June 2010
    Preacher wrote: »
    syndalis wrote: »
    Honk wrote: »
    What is the difference between a President and a CEO?

Sometimes they are interchangeable (CEO stands for Chief Executive Officer). I can't think of when they wouldn't be, but I'm sure there are reasons.

the president has no obligation to sit on the board, whereas all C-levels do. The board interfaces with the shareholders, who ultimately (should) dictate the direction of the firm with the guidance and wisdom for the executives, and the CEO gives the marching orders to the president.

Ahh I see, in my company our president is our CEO, but we don't have a board made up of stock holders but elected reps from our memembership.

right; the board SHOULD be employees, who hold stock. The COO, CTO, CEO, CFO, etc.

The shareholders come to shareholder meetings and address their wishes for the firm / vote on pressing issues.

Public companies are a pain in the ass to deal with, IMO; I prefer private business. Less red tape, more freeform, more fun.

syndalis on
    SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • Options
    ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    You have ducks?

Thanatos on
  • Options
    EllieEllie Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Of course. I write out a three paragraph IM, and he goes quiet for a few minutes before saying "brb phone." TWENTY MINUTES, DUDE.

Ellie on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited June 2010
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    sooooo

where are President and CEO relative to each-other in a company hierarchy?

The President reports to the CEO.

Oky! :D

Honk on
    PSN: Honkalot
  • Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010

What exactly would a non traditionally beautiful woman even be? Beauty is one of those things thats hella hella subjective. Aside from Shay Laren.

One example used was Zooey Deschanel in 500 Days of Summer

Of course, Zooey Deschanel is extremely beautiful by any standard, but she's unconventional and a bit off-beat and quirky by Hollywood metrics, so it works in the context of the film.

Dread Pirate Arbuthnot on
  • Options
    JokermanJokerman Everything EverywhereRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Winky wrote: »

we all know of your love of transexuals.

Jokerman on
  • Options
    Look Out it's Sabs!Look Out it's Sabs! Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    woah woah woah

like I think I would start stuttering if I were introduced to her, or I might just cower from her over sexuality

jaysus mary and joseph!

and he's probably too stupid to actually recognize how intellectual her sexuality is

hahahahahaha

I need to remember this so I can use it next time I am at a bar.

Look Out it's Sabs! on
    NNID: Sabuiy
    3DS: 2852-6809-9411
  • Options
    _J__J_ Pedant Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited June 2010
    woah woah woah

jaysus mary and joseph!

If you need help hatching a scheme to steal her from him I'll help.

_J_ on
  • Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Goddamn, that ass is round enough to calculate pi to the 5 digit I mean GOT. DAAYYYYYYYUM GURL.

Gonna get all up in that like Archimedes.

Donkey Kong on
    Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    AriviaArivia I Like A Challenge Earth-1Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    Arivia wrote: »
    arivia are you frosteey?

nope!

I thought not

but it's wierd

frosteey had rotating anime sig/avs too

and atleast some of the same as you

mysterious!

I stole frosteey's sig after he stole one of my avatars.

It's like metatextual group sex.

Actually, the group sex part is kinda redundant.

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    woah woah woah

jaysus mary and joseph!

hahahahahaha

I know it sounds pretentious and trite

but this chick is hitting all sorts of BDSM and gender-transgressive notes in her fashion

and has all sorts of allusions to famous photographers and designers in her photos

and he's a good programmer but is basically a goth version of bevis and/or butthead

Podly on
    follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Thanatos wrote: »
    You have ducks?

For eating their eggs.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular
    edited June 2010

Of course, Zooey Deschanel is extremely beautiful by any standard, but she's unconventional and a bit off-beat and quirky by Hollywood metrics, so it works in the context of the film.

I would guess what they really mean, but would never actually admit to, is "not sororiety blonde"

RiemannLives on
    Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    edited June 2010

I just got a good movie idea.

The Duck Centipede
    That would be a romantic comedy instead of a horror movie though.

matt has a problem on
    nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    evilbobevilbob RADELAIDERegistered User regular
    edited June 2010

I posit that "non-traditionally beautiful" is a false concept

worse

it's a social construct

evilbob on
    l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

• Options
    SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010

This is silly. Being slightly outside the norm of Hollywood's standards sounds meaningless to me.

Sarksus on
  • Options
    JohannenJohannen Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Johannen wrote: »
    Look at Syndalis name dropping the shit out of his bank statement, high five buddy. We need more successful motherfuckers on here, I'm starting my own business at the moment and I hope to hell it gets me Oprah rich.

I have made a sculpture. I am successfullest.

Also, today I made meatballs. They were also successful.

O.k you win on productivity in relation to success for the day, mine is more waiting for the slightly longer term and Syndalis has already reaped what he sewed, and is waiting to reap more. I'll give you this one Honk.... this time.....

Also, love the fact that you made Meatballs, this is when we find out you're the owner of Ikea right?

Johannen on
  • Options
    ZampanovZampanov You May Not Go Home Until Tonight Has Been MagicalRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    woah woah woah

jaysus mary and joseph!

hahahahahaha

I feel like you can find a way to hit on dumb bitches without making yourself sound that retarded.

Zampanov on
    r4zgei8pcfod.gif
    PSN/XBL: Zampanov -- Steam: Zampanov
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    You have ducks?
    Yep, we got a male and three female ducklings last week, to keep as pets/for eggs.

matt has a problem on
    nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    syndalis, you are a rich and powerful businessman

i need your help

i need you to command your subordinates to learn how to fucking write and then disseminate that imperative to other businesses so that they stop saying "with regard to" and "as concerns" and "with respect to" and "for the purpose of" instead of just using a two letter preposition.

Evil Multifarious on
  • Options
    _J__J_ Pedant Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited June 2010
    woah woah woah

jaysus mary and joseph!

hahahahahaha

"So, baby, has anyone ever told you that your sexuality is a mental abstraction?"
    *smack*
    "No, that's meant to be a good thing! It's like your beauty is a platonic form, never instantiated.."
    *smack*
    "No! It's not instantiated because instantiations are flawed, and you are an instantiation.."
    *Kick*
    "Ok, fine. Ignore everything I said. I hate books and think your ass hot. May I touch your boob?"
    *swoon*

_J_ on
  • Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    My previous plan to get rich was to do what all the rich people I knew had done:

1. Be an engineer or geologist or something like that.

2. Work in petroleum

3. Make a company

4. Work that company up to a decent yearly profit

5. Sell it

6. make it rain

meeting a dude who'd just pocketed the equivalent of 61 million USD left an impression on me

however as I won't be going into engineering after all my new plan is

A. Steal people's money legally

B. Steal people's money illegally

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010

I would guess what they really mean, but would never actually admit to, is "not sororiety blonde"

p much

Dread Pirate Arbuthnot on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    woah woah woah

jaysus mary and joseph!

hahahahahaha

but this chick is hitting all sorts of BDSM and gender-transgressive notes in her fashion

and has all sorts of allusions to famous photographers and designers in her photos

and he's a good programmer but is basically a goth version of bevis and/or butthead

i feel like you're overthinking this and maybe trying to rationalize uppercutting yourself with a raging boner

Evil Multifarious on
  • Options
    ZampanovZampanov You May Not Go Home Until Tonight Has Been MagicalRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    woah woah woah

jaysus mary and joseph!

hahahahahaha

"She has a clever fashion sense" will make you sound like you're way less full of shit.

Zampanov on
    r4zgei8pcfod.gif
    PSN/XBL: Zampanov -- Steam: Zampanov
  • Options
    ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    You have ducks?
    Yep, we got a male and three female ducklings last week, to keep as pets/for eggs.
    Awwwww, duckies!

Pics, or it didn't happen.

Thanatos on
  • Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited June 2010
    Organichu on
  • Options
    JohannenJohannen Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Goddamn, that ass is round enough to calculate pi to the 5 digit I mean GOT. DAAYYYYYYYUM GURL.

Gonna get all up in that like Archimedes.

There be a whole lotta booty on that Pirate Ship baby!

Damn I wanna get my hands on your gold bullions.

Johannen on
  • Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Jokerman wrote: »
    Winky wrote: »

we all know of your love of transexuals.

It's all the best parts of a woman and all the best parts of a man all rolled into one!

Because ultimately all the best parts of a man are the genitals.

Winky on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    woah woah woah

jaysus mary and joseph!

hahahahahaha

So she's a run of the mill scenester.

matt has a problem on
    nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Being an engineer means you get rich right.

Sarksus on
This discussion has been closed.