As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[WoW] [Chat]tlenet 2.0

• Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Rogues have damage reduction abilities because in solo situations they turned out to be even more vulnerable to attack than cloth casters. Casters have ways of keeping enemies away from them, rogues had stunlock. It became a situation where, especially in the case of elite mobs, if you coulnd't kill the mob before stunlock and evasion ran out, they were going to kill you

Javen on
  • Options
    TomantaTomanta Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Brainleech wrote: »
    So rogues and shaman seem to have tankish abilities to them

They always have been there just most people did not know of them or how they worked

It's not much of a surprise I did not get an invite but it's rather annoying the same person got the last 3 and is rubbing it in

Invites aren't over yet, they will keep adding people up until it is released.

Tomanta on
  • Options
    Liquid GhostLiquid Ghost DO YOU HEAR THE VOICES, TOO?! Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I can't remember where I found it(edit: here), but there was a blue post regarding the new Rockbiter that said something about its unleash effect being an emergency tool to be used in case someone pulls aggro or gets jumped by a mob that needs to be peeled off.

I'm more interested in Bind Elemental. Basically a shackle for our fiery, blustery, and frosty(etc.) friends. Looks like it could get some use in Hyjal. Works into the apparent importance of extra CC in Cataclysm.

Liquid Ghost on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    I can't remember where I found it(edit: here), but there was a blue post regarding the new Rockbiter that said something about its unleash effect being an emergency tool to be used in case someone pulls aggro or gets jumped by a mob that needs to be peeled off.

I'm more interested in Bind Elemental. Basically a shackle for our fiery, blustery, and frosty(etc.) friends. Looks like it could get some use in Hyjal. Works into the apparent importance of extra CC in Cataclysm.

Between that and Hex, Shaman become decent CC.

Tomanta on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    I hope that Rockbiter gets changed to something useful, but past experience tells me it will sit unused for months upon months until they try some other stupid idea that also doesn't work.

Liquid Ghost on
  • Options
    arcatharcath Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Proof!

The bridge is done!
    redridge_01.jpg

arcath on
    camo_sig.png
  • Options
    CaedereCaedere S'no regrets BIRDIESRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Since the NDA is up, even though it was obvious, I can say, yes, of COURSE I was in the Alpha. :And now the Beta. :P

Caedere on
    FWnykYl.jpg
  • Options
    Kai_SanKai_San Commonly known as Klineshrike! Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Freakin hunters got some wierd shit in thier talent trees. Very interesting. One ability makes you garntee a crit on certain abilities on fleeing or (prolly in pvp) moving targets. Expose weakness is unique to the type of mob you are.... exposing the weakness of.

Can't wait to see the pet junk.

Kai_San on
  • Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    but now where will the gnolls get the nuts and bolts for that one quest

Eat it You Nasty Pig. on
    NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    arcath wrote: »
    Proof!

The bridge is done!
    redridge_01.jpg

But they never used the stones that were sitting right there on the bridge...
    Kai_San wrote: »
    Freakin hunters got some wierd shit in thier talent trees. Very interesting. One ability makes you garntee a crit on certain abilities on fleeing or (prolly in pvp) moving targets. Expose weakness is unique to the type of mob you are.... exposing the weakness of.

Can't wait to see the pet junk.

Hunters will almost certainly be the most changed class. And since my "main" (using the term loosely) and favorite class since Vanilla open beta has been a hunter, I'm excited.

Tomanta on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    The troll and worgen druid forms are out on MMO-C. The worgen stuff is okay, but I hate the troll models. Looks like shit.

Liquid Ghost on
  • Options
    NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I can live with the troll cat forms. The bear forms though D:

Nobody on
  • Options
    ShrieveShrieve Game Designer CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    So uh... Who else got in? We need to make a guild.

Shrieve on
    FkbtS.png
  • Options
    L Ron HowardL Ron Howard The duck MinnesotaRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    The troll and worgen druid forms are out on MMO-C. The worgen stuff is okay, but I hate the troll models. Looks like shit.

I agree.

L Ron Howard on
  • Options
    KremKrem Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Are the invite emails being sent out now? I've been refreshing my inbox too much since the blue post about them :(

Krem on
  • Options
    korodullinkorodullin What. SCRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RQqIPjT9ulM&feature=player_embedded

Let's see how many of these actually make it to Live.

korodullin on
    ZvOMJnu.png
    - The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse (2017, colorized)
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Boo yiff is not one of them but then I only for see one of those making it another one is a maybe the rest of them I doubt

Brainleech on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Krem wrote: »
    Are the invite emails being sent out now? I've been refreshing my inbox too much since the blue post about them :(

I still haven't seen my email about it yet; I just checked my bnet account and its there with my other games.

Shrieve on
    FkbtS.png
  • Options
    ImperiusVImperiusV Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Worgen women have six nipples?!

Didn't expect it to be stated so boldly. Although I was wondering if she meant just in wolf form, or even in her human form.

ImperiusV on
  • Options
    tehmarkentehmarken BrooklynRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    ImperiusV wrote: »

Didn't expect it to be stated so boldly. Although I was wondering if she meant just in wolf form, or even in her human form.

That would be awkward if you got them pierced in werewolf form. What happens when you shift back? You have piercings in your abs? :P

tehmarken on
  • Options
    BeezelBeezel There was no agreement little morsel..Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I don't like this anymore mummy!

Beezel on
    PSN: Waybackkidd
    "...only mights and maybes."
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    tehmarken wrote: »

That would be awkward if you got them pierced in werewolf form. What happens when you shift back? You have piercings in your abs? :P
    It's all explained with nipplication, of course.

Liquid Ghost on
  • Options
    edited July 2010

It's all explained with nipplication, of course.

I was worried casters would have problems keeping up with melee in the next xpac; with this spell that worry can be laid to rest.

Shrieve on
    FkbtS.png
  • Options
    Vincent GraysonVincent Grayson Frederick, MDRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I know they're planning on new heirlooms, but I'm wondering if the old ones will scale properly at level 78-80 or not. Seems like there's a pretty huge change in stats such that even at level 80, many players would be better off with Cata-level 80 heirlooms rather than their heroic/raid epics.

Vincent Grayson on
  • Options
    captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Nobody wrote: »
    I can live with the troll cat forms. The bear forms though D:

Wooooooow. Super awful.

captaink on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Agreed on the troll druid forms. I hope there's more tweaking, and ESPECIALLY hope there's more work with the color balance.

tehmarken on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    *Big-Top circus music whenever a troll druid shows up*

Beezel on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    I really want to see a CGI cinematic for this.

Liquid Ghost on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Garrosh looks like Asteroth from Soul Calibur

Beezel on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Yeah, they might as well toss that design and use something else. It looks really fucking stupid.

Liquid Ghost on
  • Options
    -SPI--SPI- Osaka, JapanRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010

Yeah what's up with this. The worgen stuff shows some clear time and effort has gone into them, but the troll ones just look like they were thrown together in 5 minutes because all the artists wanted to leave early on a friday afternoon or something. Everything else we've seen out of cataclysm so far all has the same level of detail and clear effort gone into them EXCEPT the troll druid forms which look like something from Vanilla WoW.

Were they just some ZG models they didn't use or something? A ZA boss form they rejected and had lying around?

And the colours? Fuck me, it's like a rave party vomited.

Anyway, I still love the idea of Troll Druids, so I guess I'll need to reconcile and carefully pick the least offensive looking colour combo.

-SPI- on
  • Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Are they going to redo the night elf/tauren druid models, or will they still be the old and busted version?

Eat it You Nasty Pig. on
    NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    edited July 2010

:shock:

:shock:

:winky: Alllllriiiiiiight.

Caedere on
    FWnykYl.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Can't wait for your next piece of art Caedere :winky:

tehmarken on
  • Options
    adejaanadejaan Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    So, uh, I want to see the actual full versions of Caedere's av/sig...and the old one...

adejaan on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Are they going to redo the night elf/tauren druid models, or will they still be the old and busted version?

They redid them in WotLK, why would they re-redo them?

I needed anime to post. on
    liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    adejaan wrote: »
    So, uh, I want to see the actual full versions of Caedere's av/sig...and the old one...

no you don't

Beezel on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Can't wait for your next piece of art Caedere :winky:

Well, as soon as femworgens are in the game. And my computer decides to unshit itself.

Yes, that's right - as soon as this fucker patched, my computer's all, "HEY I AM THE MOTHERBOARD AND I AM GOING TO SHIT M'SELF RIGHT NOW."

God. Dammit.
    adejaan wrote: »

See, this is not the sort of thing you admit to publically.

Unless you're me, of course.

Caedere on
    FWnykYl.jpg
  • Options
    BlueDestinyBlueDestiny Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Your computer is sacrificing itself to contain the taint Caedere. It dies so that others may live a life of ignorance.

BlueDestiny on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    I liked the art style and wanted to see the full version, too. Then I noticed the expression on that beak.

Bury me in the earth.

Liquid Ghost on
This discussion has been closed.