Options

You never really die

misbehavinmisbehavin Registered User regular
edited May 2007 in Social Entropy++
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/18368186/site/newsweek/
Consider someone who has just died of a heart attack. His organs are intact, he hasn't lost blood. All that's happened is his heart has stopped beating—the definition of "clinical death"—and his brain has shut down to conserve oxygen. But what has actually died?

As recently as 1993, when Dr. Sherwin Nuland wrote the best seller "How We Die," the conventional answer was that it was his cells that had died. The patient couldn't be revived because the tissues of his brain and heart had suffered irreversible damage from lack of oxygen. This process was understood to begin after just four or five minutes. If the patient doesn't receive cardiopulmonary resuscitation within that time, and if his heart can't be restarted soon thereafter, he is unlikely to recover. That dogma went unquestioned until researchers actually looked at oxygen-starved heart cells under a microscope. What they saw amazed them, according to Dr. Lance Becker, an authority on emergency medicine at the University of Pennsylvania. "After one hour," he says, "we couldn't see evidence the cells had died. We thought we'd done something wrong." In fact, cells cut off from their blood supply died only hours later.

So, I can die, and be revived hours later... Awesome!

misbehavin on

• Options
    DefenderDefender Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    A WITCH

BURN HER

Defender on
  • Options
    Calamity JaneCalamity Jane That Wrong Love Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Infant blood works better.

Calamity Jane on
    twitter https://twitter.com/mperezwritesirl michelle patreon https://www.patreon.com/thatwronglove michelle's comic book from IMAGE COMICS you can order http://a.co/dn5YeUD
  • Options
    CalliusCallius Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    That's not... that's not what it really says, dude.

Callius on
    tonksigblack.png
  • Options
    As7As7 Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Good luck jump starting your nervous system and mitochondria.

As7 on
    XBOX Live: Arsenic7
    Secret Satan
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Arsenic, to my knowledge there have been successful attempts to revive dogs after killing them and draining their blood. I believe the death-time was a total of 10 minutes, but don't quote me on that.

Right now they're attempting to use a combination of slow-restart heart procedures (while by-passing brain flow around the heart and to the brain) along with a salt+ice mixture to reduce core body temperature to reduce damage to the cells. Pretty rad shit, I gotta say.

Not that this really has anything to do with the nervous system and midochondria but seriously, how cool is this shit?

A: very

Callius on
    tonksigblack.png
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Very, indeed.

Makes you wonder: When do you really die? If your heart can be stopped for hours and the cells still be fully alive, when are you actually dead?

misbehavin on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Callius wrote: »
    Arsenic, to my knowledge there have been successful attempts to revive dogs after killing them and draining their blood. I believe the death-time was a total of 10 minutes, but don't quote me on that.

Right now they're attempting to use a combination of slow-restart heart procedures (while by-passing brain flow around the heart and to the brain) along with a salt+ice mixture to reduce core body temperature to reduce damage to the cells. Pretty rad shit, I gotta say.

Not that this really has anything to do with the nervous system and midochondria but seriously, how cool is this shit?

A: very

That's cool, but I don't see a situation in which I might die but blood is still somehow circulating to my brain.

As7 on
    Secret Satan
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Arsenic7 wrote: »
    That's cool, but I don't see a situation in which I might die but blood is still somehow circulating to my brain.
    According to the article they bypass the blood flow so it goes to the brain.

WITH SCIENCE!

Callius on
    tonksigblack.png
  • Options
    lostwordslostwords Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    I think I saw this in a movie before
    51HXNG92N1L._SS500_.jpg

or maybe this:
    51ZWMDV7W4L._SS500_.jpg

lostwords on
    rat.jpg tumbler? steam/ps3 thingie: lostwords Amazon Wishlist!
  • Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    edited May 2007
    apparently, they're doing research on bulls to see if you can transplant testicles.

the latest tests show that it could be possible to transplant the testes of a newly dead donor to a sterile man and he'd be able to produce sperm normally.

The tests also show that the child born after such a transplant would, genetically, be the offspring of the original donor.

essentially, you'd be shooting a dead man's load out of your dong.

#pipe on
  • Options
    VothVoth Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    misbehavin wrote: »
    Very, indeed.

Makes you wonder: When do you really die? If your heart can be stopped for hours and the cells still be fully alive, when are you actually dead?

Shorty after marriage.

Voth on
    reverbnation -- last.fm -- facebook -- twitter -- bandcamp --youtube -- PSN: audapostrophe -- XBL: audapostrophe -- NNID: audapostrophe -- Myspace
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Can you imagine how sore you'd be after being resuscitated like this?

It would be like getting a side ache all over your body or something.

As7 on
    Secret Satan
  • Options
    HunterHunter Chemist with a heart of Au Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    We need to study this shit to determine the most efficient way to stop the mass hordes of zombies during the Zombie Holocaust.

Hunter on
  • Options
    MathildaMathilda Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Voth wrote: »
    Very, indeed.

Shorty after marriage.
    rimshot.gif

Mathilda on
  • Options
    RuckusRuckus Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Can you imagine how sore you'd be after being resuscitated like this?

It would be like getting a side ache all over your body or something.

And I'd imagine large amounts of tissue would probably still die, so parts of you may fall off.

Ruckus on
  • Options
    MeizMeiz Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    How long are my penis cells alive for?

Meiz on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    #pipe wrote: »
    apparently, they're doing research on bulls to see if you can transplant testicles.

the latest tests show that it could be possible to transplant the testes of a newly dead donor to a sterile man and he'd be able to produce sperm normally.

The tests also show that the child born after such a transplant would, genetically, be the offspring of the original donor.

The question is, if I get Rodney Moore or Peter North's balls do I get their cum-force too?

Callius on
    tonksigblack.png
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Hunter wrote: »
    We need to study this shit to determine the most efficient way to stop the mass hordes of zombies during the Zombie Holocaust.

I'm guessing remove the head or destroy the brain.

seriously though, can't go past fire, and lots of it.

#pipe on
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Very, indeed.

Well
    A you can lose approx. 2 pints of blood after being shot at least 14/17 times

Die

be placed in a freezer

Wake up months later knowing your last memory was falling forward and blacking out while attempting to call for help

My favorite part was snapping awake with various life support and monitoring equipment in me
    The tubes in your throat are the best feeling to experience because you want to puke and are confused why

Brainleech on
  • Options
    Calamity JaneCalamity Jane That Wrong Love Registered User regular
    edited May 2007

You know, looking into the T Virus wouldn't hurt either.

Calamity Jane on
    twitter https://twitter.com/mperezwritesirl michelle patreon https://www.patreon.com/thatwronglove michelle's comic book from IMAGE COMICS you can order http://a.co/dn5YeUD
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    A coma must be the freakiest shit, unless you are semi-conscious during it. I know they say that people in a coma can hear those around him/her, but imagine if they couldn't. It would be so friggin' weird to just... BAM... 6 months later. 6 months, just... Gone. Vanished. Forever.

And imagine if you woke up in a womans body!

misbehavin on
  • Options
    edited May 2007

I'm talking mass zombie eradication. I'm thinking ahead of the game.

Picture a moving tank with armed turrets. You scoop up a load of zombies safely and drop them in the back cargo hold. When you get a big enough load, a chipper-shredder starts. The ground up zombie bits are then taken to an incinerator plant to be burned. The remains are then used as fertilizer to restart the new human civilization. A few fleets of these badboys will clean up the zombies quickly. We'll have to start out in open country. Cities are dangerous due to many zombie hiding locations. We'll probably have to lure them out with bait or something so the zombie trucks can pick them up.

Hunter on
  • Options
    edited May 2007

The question is, if I get Rodney Moore or Peter North's balls do I get their cum-force too?

a man can dream

#pipe on
  • Options
    edited May 2007

If they transplanted Nolan Ryan's fingers onto your hand, do you think you could throw a 101mph fastball?

Ruckus on
  • Options
    edited May 2007

Maybe if you mixed in Cyntherea's amazing shooting abilities.

lostwords on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Ruckus wrote: »
    If they transplanted Nolan Ryan's fingers onto your hand, do you think you could throw a 101mph fastball?
    Except his hand doesn't provide the force for the fast-ball, stupid.

Rodney Moore's baby-sacks do provide the batter.

Callius on
    tonksigblack.png
  • Options
    edited May 2007

I'm talking mass zombie eradication. I'm thinking ahead of the game.

Picture a moving tank with armed turrets. You scoop up a load of zombies safely and drop them in the back cargo hold. When you get a big enough load, a chipper-shredder starts. The ground up zombie bits are then taken to an incinerator plant to be burned. The remains are then used as fertilizer to restart the new human civilization. A few fleets of these badboys will clean up the zombies quickly. We'll have to start out in open country. Cities are dangerous due to many zombie hiding locations. We'll probably have to lure them out with bait or something so the zombie trucks can pick them up.

Like tiberium harvesters, except munching away on fields of zombies.

Ruckus on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    lostwords wrote: »
    Along with the ability to projectile vomit?

Oh man, this is going to be awesome

Callius on
    tonksigblack.png
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Ruckus wrote: »

What if I got his whole arm? And legs? And chest muscles? What then??

I think I could do it! But first... I must kill Nolan Ryan...

misbehavin on
  • Options
    edited May 2007

I do not know who Cyntherea is. Should I?

Hunter on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    The testicles don't have much to do with the force of the ejaculate.

That's the prostate and the Cowper's gland and some others.

As7 on
    Secret Satan
  • Options
    edited May 2007

Arsenic makes my point for me.

Ruckus on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    I love how on Peter North's site, he has the "Swallow North Challange" where he lists all the girls who've been able to swallow his whole load.

there's a man who takes pride in his abilities.

#pipe on
  • Options
    edited May 2007

I may have misspelled. She's in all the Squirtwoman vids. Basically, female orgasmer extraordinaire.

lostwords on
  • Options
    ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    I love how on Peter North's site, he has the "Swallow North Challange" where he lists all the girls who've been able to swallow his whole load.

there's a man who takes pride in his abilities.

He doesn't take too much pride in his ability to take it in the ass.

Butters on
    PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    edited May 2007

Except the viscosity and volume are controlled by the testiclese.

Callius on
    tonksigblack.png
  • Options
    edited May 2007

I may have misspelled. She's in all the Squirtwoman vids. Basically, female orgasmer extraordinaire.

My friend had a GF like that. When we roomed together in college, I came back one weekend and he had his entire bed and nightstand area stripped clean. He was washing the walls and everything. I asked what happened and all he could say is it was like she was hiding a supersoaker up her vag.

I couldn't look at her in the face for two weeks without almost cracking up.

Hunter on
  • Options
    PeachstrudlePeachstrudle Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
  • Options
    ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    edited May 2007

Except the texture and body are controlled by the testicles.

Butters on
    PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Butters wrote: »

Except the texture and body are controlled by the testicles.

Are you hitting on me?

Cause if you are... we can do stuff, I'm into stuff you know...

Wanna do it?

Callius on
    tonksigblack.png