As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

How do you think my comic is? (be gentle) RED HORSE VECTOR GO! GO! GO!

TeragXTeragX Registered User new member
edited May 2007 in Artist's Corner
I have been doing a webcomic for about a year now called power up (www.powerup-comic.blogspot.com), and for a while now i have been trying to get more people to read it. And so I am here asking people, what do you think of my comic, and will you read it with you regular comics now? Also, im doing somewhat of a contest right now, where i posted a sketch i did of venom, and if someone can come up with a funny caption for it I will post it on the site with there name (or prefered internet name on it). But anyway, be gentle...and please enjoy!

TeragX on

• Options
    Stupid Mr Whoopsie NameStupid Mr Whoopsie Name Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited May 2007
    I'll give you a chance to post some specific comics you want us to C&C, otherwise I'll sic The Grifter on this thread with his mighty lock finger! He just hates the smell of sitewhoring in the morning... D:

Stupid Mr Whoopsie Name on
  • Options
    core tacticcore tactic Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    "This page can not be displayed"

A witty social commentary. (?)

core tactic on
    6700ab2ed7bb6f9876150c388a78a011.png
  • Options
    mr0rangemr0range Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    ugh.

oh and what is there to caption on the venom pic? it's just his head. Those captions really only work on random photos that usually already have something somewhat funny or a bit unusual going on.

I'd classify this as sitewhoring if art isn't shown. The link doesn't work and when you get there you have to search for the comics .... somewhere.

[edit] plus, you go on to describe your webcomic in your post, you shouldn't really have to if it's a good enough comic.

"this comic is the result of the new Iron Man pictures, and a need to use my old characters. This one featuring Garry and Allen looking at the Iron Man picture, puzzled, confused at the bender like beast before them. I'm not sure what is with that Iron Man picture, but I hope to god that is just him making the suit and it being unfinished, and not the final product with which he will take out his alcoholic pain upon unprepared evil doers!"

I'm sorry, but you fail at knowing what the original Iron Man suit looked like. I weep for the children of today.

mr0range on
    dvd_banner.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    I'll give you a chance to post some specific comics you want us to C&C, otherwise I'll sic The Grifter on this thread with his mighty lock finger! He just hates the smell of sitewhoring in the morning... D:

Uh okay then... oh yeah my scanner sucks so the art looks crappy sometimes, also this isnt site whoring its an attempt to get readers to my comic from other comics, if it was site whoring i would be doing this atleast once a day, though it doesnt surprise me that you all think this to be site whoring, since the last time i posted here everyone on the board were ignorant assholes,

A) if the page doesnt load, then just tell me to fix the link, semantics are not a necessary part of the process unless you are a pathetic ass wipe who gets kicks out of making someone who is trying to do something feel worse about himself or just to be an asshole since you cant really get caught here on the big web!

B) If this is what the readers of penny arcade are like im surprised i havent ran around the internet trying to make someone whos just working his way up some buisness feel like an asshole just because i have nothing better to do

All i ask is that someone out there can just tell me its good, its bad, or its okay, i dont need semantics

TeragX on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    mr0range wrote: »
    I'm sorry, but you fail at knowing what the original Iron Man suit looked like. I weep for the children of today.
    Yeah, I didn't even figure it was worth bothering to enlighten him.

• Options
    edited May 2007
    Oh shit son, now you've done it!

What you are doing is the very fucking definition of sitewhoring, but I'm not even going to let this get locked right away. In fact, I'm not even going to edit out the link.

No, instead, after that little outburst of yours, I'm going to let the natives get restless...

• Options
    SpilltoySpilltoy Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    It's terrible, you anti-semantic mook.

See what I did there? It's like you hate jews.

Spilltoy on
    I really don't.
  • Options
    bread of wonderbread of wonder Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Your comic sucks. I'd tell you why it sucks, but it's kind-of obvious.

bread of wonder on
    Long distance runner, what you standin' there for?
  • Options
    TiniTini Slippy PARegistered User regular
    edited May 2007
    I cried. Really. What the fuck?

I could shit better art out. ( that was mean, i only said this out of humor. it could be possible though. )

Tini on
    Do a barrel roll.
  • Options
    PeterAndCompanyPeterAndCompany Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    He really loves the word "ass," doesn't he?

PeterAndCompany on
  • Options
    MagicToasterMagicToaster JapanRegistered User regular
    edited May 2007
    OH God, your comic hurts my eyes!!!
    badcomicvj4.jpg

Mighty mods, I beg you! Please do not lock this!!!

MagicToaster on
  • Options
    RARA Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Art sucks.

Humor sucks.

[Insert generic draw from life critique]

And write better jokes those were terrible.

RA on
    My posts look awkward without a signature so here's one. :arrow:
  • Options
    TiniTini Slippy PARegistered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Oh c'mon. He took his pants off!

If that is not humor good sir then I do not know what is!

Tini on
    Do a barrel roll.
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    It's like a badly drawn Penny Arcade but with no humor or straight lines.

And wtf, you can't rip on the shoddily built silver Ironman if you have no clue what's going on.

core tactic on
  • Options
    SpilltoySpilltoy Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Oh wow.

comic%2017.0.jpg

Spilltoy on
    I really don't.
  • Options
    CatnipCatCatnipCat Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Don't listen to these asses. The comic is good.

You should make some more.

And then post them here cuz I don't feel like going to your site.

CatnipCat on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    bread of wonderbread of wonder Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    I agree. His art is a contemporary masterpiece. Its significance rivals that of Giotto di Bondone's and the discovery of perspective. Please grace the internet with more of it.

bread of wonder on
    Long distance runner, what you standin' there for?
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    What I think makes this transverse our realms of understanding (IE: going over our heads) is that for a sketch of Venom's head or a 3 panel quip on how much Ironman sucks, we get about a page and a half of commentary.

core tactic on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Have I told you guys lately how much I <3 you?

• Options
    edited May 2007
    As in the love between a man and a woman, or a man and a fine cigar?

core tactic on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Thank you those of you who enjoy it, and for the record i dont think iron man sucks its just that i was surprised when i first saw an iron man picture for the movie in which he doesnt look like the iron man i know, however it was recently announced that the picture is merely from him constructing the suit, though you cant blame me for thinking this...

TeragX on
  • Options
    WastingPenguinsWastingPenguins Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Terag, dude, don't worry. You comic is soooo funny! Seriously it's so funny I kept laughing!

So I take it you're, what, 13 years old?

WastingPenguins on
  • Options
    Angel_of_BaconAngel_of_Bacon Moderator mod
    edited May 2007
    FINALLY, I get a chance to use all of these at once!

madface.jpg
    AAA.jpg
    screamin.gif
    dollyzoom.gif

Angel_of_Bacon on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    I don't believe for one second that's all you've got!

• Options
    ProjeckProjeck Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    TeragX wrote: »
    Thank you those of you who enjoy it, and for the record i dont think iron man sucks its just that i was surprised when i first saw an iron man picture for the movie in which he doesnt look like the iron man i know, however it was recently announced that the picture is merely from him constructing the suit, though you cant blame me for thinking this...

Uh chief, that was sarcasm. As in no one liked you're shabby excuse for a comic.

No one.

Projeck on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Guys, you're not reading the title. It says be gentle. Duh.

core tactic on
  • Options
    Grim OutlookGrim Outlook Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    ew, this is fucking horrible.

the sad thing is that your blog suggests you actually think these comics are good.

also, does anyone read it at all? you have 0 comments on like everything, but your text is written like you have readers.

Grim Outlook on
  • Options
    CampionCampion Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    This is worse than Ctrl+Alt+Del.

Campion on
    4484-7718-8470
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Campion wrote: »
    This is worse than Ctrl+Alt+Del.

I was going to say that, but really, too far man, too far.

core tactic on
  • Options
    NightDragonNightDragon 6th Grade Username Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    FUCK! Fuck your shitty fuck shit! Goddamn motherfucking shitfest dick bouquet. Shit out the fuck that is shit! Motherfucking! Cocks.

NightDragon on
  • Options
    JCMJCM Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
  • Options
    ViolenceManViolenceMan Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    1163392697268.gif

Aww you stupid, audacious fuck! Theres not a goddamn forumer out there that likes it at all.
    If you wanted someone to repeatlily pat you on thee ass then I suggest you head on over to Dick Sucking Central and receive all the free head you want, because theres nowheres else that your going to get it.

So don't come in here and start whorring your shit off while at the same time prancing around like some kind of school girl screaming:

"It not my fault, blaim the scanner,"

or,

"Not everythig you said is valid, because I like to live in a world where I piss excelence and Hunter X Hunter is an accepted and contributing part of the PA:AC community."

seriously, fuck you.

ViolenceMan on
    wheres.gif
  • Options
    GodfatherGodfather Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Where's that bleach dammit?!?

This is a reference to an Axim burn in that shit topic by Fedora.

Godfather on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Goddamn I look like a jackass in this picture!
    me_ff_babes.jpg

I ruined this picture

mr0range on
    dvd_banner.jpg
  • Options
    matt7718matt7718 Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    i am shocked and appalled

matt7718 on
    mattsig.jpg
  • Options
    no_toastno_toast Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    that orange haired chick is hot, this comic is not

Look mom I can do poems! Maybe I should post them on teh interwebs, oh I already did that!

no_toast on
  • Options
    SheriSheri Resident Fluffer My Living RoomRegistered User regular
    edited May 2007

THEY'RE LYING TO MAKE YOU FEEL BETTER

professor-hubert-farnsworth-3996.jpg

Sheri on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    no_toast wrote: »
    that orange haired chick is hot

I've had a secret crush on her since I saw her on Firefly

not much of a secret anymore.

mr0range on
    dvd_banner.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Right well to all of you out there who just like to come on here and bust my balls about how much better than me you think you are, ill just brush you off and call you all retards in ways you cant even fucking understand, but even you guys dont deserve that you virgin assfucks who feel better about there shithole of an existence just by mocking someone terribly, and for gods sake if there was one rule i requested its be gentle, im not a pro, i dont suggest i am, but its what i do, and im getting better, so why dont you all just fuck off or find some way of being useful in some way, because unless your all just going to be here and tell me in the most vulgar way ever about how much i suck, which seems to be the case and im sure someone will post that you are, especially now that i said that, i just going to keep enjoying all the nice messages or helpful messages out there like what i can do to improve. and by the way to whoever made that comment;

Aww you stupid, audacious fuck! Theres not a goddamn forumer out there that likes it at all.
    If you wanted someone to repeatlily pat you on thee ass then I suggest you head on over to Dick Sucking Central and receive all the free head you want, because theres nowheres else that your going to get it.

So don't come in here and start whorring your shit off while at the same time prancing around like some kind of school girl screaming:

"It not my fault, blaim the scanner,"

or,

"Not everythig you said is valid, because I like to live in a world where I piss excelence and Hunter X Hunter is an accepted and contributing part of the PA:AC community."

seriously, fuck you.

your really just out for blood arent you? So what your girlfriend dump you, or did you never have one? seriously what crawled up your ass to the point where you have to say this because whatever it is we should call the president and warn the army! But anyway, thank you to all those who liked it.

TeragX on
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited May 2007
    But anyway, thank you to all those who liked it.

Noone liked it. That's what we call sarcasm around here.

Echo on
This discussion has been closed.