Options

iPod without iTunes? [SOLVED]

815165815165 Registered User regular
edited July 2010 in Help / Advice Forum
So my Creative just died (after like seven years :() and my girlfriend got me an iPod to replace it. Problem is I don't want to use iTunes (dislike it, plus I don't want to have to have Quicktime, either).

Does anyone have experience with a good, alternative program? I have no real use for any of the more advanced features; I just want a way to get my music onto this thing and have an easy way of editing tags.

edit: solved! thanks Adus

815165 on

• Options
    AdusAdus Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I just use Winamp. Has the ability to detect Ipods and upload to them pretty painlessly.

Adus on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Which is the earliest version of Winamp that can do that? I've always used 2.91 because a lot of the later versions came with a load of extra features I'd never use. Sorry for being picky for some weird reason I'm a total d-bag about what programs I use and tend to never change them.

815165 on
  • Options
    AdusAdus Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I.. really don't know. I have 5.541 and whatever extra features it has I don't use. I put my music on a playlist and listen to it, then sometimes I open the media library and upload to my Ipod. Put it in classic mode and you don't have to even worry about any new stuff being in your face.

Adus on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Thanks for the help! Think I have this sorted now.

815165 on
  • Options
    Sir Headless VIISir Headless VII Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    As a warning I was using an un-updated version of winamp to manage my ipod video and i completely messed up the videos one day after an apple update. Updating winamp fixed the problem but my point is using an old version can be more trouble then its worth.

Sir Headless VII on
    Steam - Backpack - Bnet: SirHeadless #1154
    7KEFduI.jpg