As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Hello [Chat]

• Options
    Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    edited May 2007
    tuxkamen wrote: »
    you could get tv shows, movies, etc.

Well, the shows and movies would have to be non-iTunes-required (not big on that, MusicMatch, or any heavyweight music player).

I don't know enough about their formats other than that I can get some DRM-free 256k tracks.

Uhhh. I'm not sure. You made need to use itunes to view them.

Casual Eddy on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    man i really wanna do my phalla over the summer but it will take months to get to mine. also I don't have it ready at all.

Casual Eddy on
  • Options
    JinniganJinnigan Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Irond Will wrote: »
    Jameserson wrote: »
    Thanatos wrote: »
    I just hate iTunes.

And all those people who walk around constantly listening to their iPods.
    Do you have a problem with music or something?
    Hawthorne Topic is an in-di-vidualist. He zigs where the sheeple zag. Today, he rants against the iPod; tomorrow, the automobile. Seriously, it's like everybody has one these days.

Everyone has an iPod because there's no real competition. I mean, there's competition, but the only thing the competition has going for them is that it's cheaper, whereas iPods has iTunes, usability/friendliness, sturdiiness, an interface that actually makes sense, and space. I have 60gb of music and it's only growing, and there's nothing else on the market that competes with the 80gb iPod in terms of quality space.

Jinnigan on
    whatifihadnofriendsshortenedsiggy2.jpg
  • Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    edited May 2007
    u rite!

(actually you're wrong though. people genuinely enjoy listening to music, sorry.)
    People genuinely enjoy playing D&D, reading comic books, watching anime... that doesn't make the raging fanboyism bug me any less, though.

if there was a better choice than ipod I'd go for it.

Like perhaps a player that would read FLAC files.

Variable on
    BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    u rite!

(actually you're wrong though. people genuinely enjoy listening to music, sorry.)
    People genuinely enjoy playing D&D, reading comic books, watching anime... that doesn't make the raging fanboyism bug me any less, though.

Your raging fanboyism for the label "raging fanboy" is really bugging me.

Jinnigan on
  • Options
    dlinfinitidlinfiniti Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    i don't like itunes too much overhead

dlinfiniti on
    AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • Options
    ElJeffeElJeffe Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited May 2007
    I'm getting to the point where I just see it as another form of raging hard-on, I suppose. And I love raging hard-ons.

:winky:

ElJeffe on
    I submitted an entry to Lego Ideas, and if 10,000 people support me, it'll be turned into an actual Lego set!If you'd like to see and support my submission, follow this link.
  • Options
    ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Jinnigan wrote: »
    u rite!

Your raging fanboyism for the label "raging fanboy" is really bugging me.
    Fine, then, you're a rabid fanboy.

Happy?

Thanatos on
  • Options
    stiliststilist Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Variable wrote: »
    Pretty sure there is; maybe something from Creative? They tend to support more formats.

With regards to the iTunes gift card: there are tools available to strip the DRM stuff out of the tracks, although I've never tried them.

stilist on
    I poop things on my site and twitter
  • Options
    ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    ElJeffe wrote: »
    I'm getting to the point where I just see it as another form of raging hard-on, I suppose. And I love raging hard-ons.
    :winky:
    That, too.

Thanatos on
  • Options
    JamesJames Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    I just hate iTunes.

Hawthorne Topic is an in-di-vidualist. He zigs where the sheeple zag. Today, he rants against the iPod; tomorrow, the automobile. Seriously, it's like everybody has one these days.

Everyone has an iPod because there's no real competition. I mean, there's competition, but the only thing the competition has going for them is that it's cheaper, whereas iPods has iTunes, usability/friendliness, sturdiiness, an interface that actually makes sense, and space. I have 60gb of music and it's only growing, and there's nothing else on the market that competes with the 80gb iPod in terms of quality space.

The Creative Zen isn't too bad, but it's hella bulky.

James on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    dlinfiniti wrote: »
    i don't like itunes too much overhead
    14467 tracks
    80 smart playlists/folders
    ~100MiB RAM used

That doesn't seem like too much overhead to me.

stilist on
  • Options
    Look Out it's Sabs!Look Out it's Sabs! Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    I just hate iTunes.

I like my zen, not sure which one your specifically talking about but my 8 gb microphoto zen and it isn't bulky.

Look Out it's Sabs! on
    NNID: Sabuiy
    3DS: 2852-6809-9411
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    stilist wrote: »
    Pretty sure there is; maybe something from Creative? They tend to support more formats.

With regards to the iTunes gift card: there are tools available to strip the DRM stuff out of the tracks, although I've never tried them.

they also sell some non drm stuff now right?

... i know of no flac supporting player but I will check it out.

Variable on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    winamp classic ftw, im not on my home computer at the moment so i can't tell you how much memory it uses but its most assuredly less

dlinfiniti on
    AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    dlinfiniti wrote: »
    winamp classic ftw, im not on my home computer at the moment so i can't tell you how much memory it uses but its most assuredly less
    It also lacks smart playlists. Unless you can approximate the scenario I have, it's a worthless comparison to make.

t Variable: They start selling non-DRM stuff this month, I believe. Not sure when, exactly.

stilist on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    ah, nice.

i like itunes for it's interface, and foobar for the FLAC stuff I listen too. Since I haven't ripped nearly my whole collection in FLAC itunes still gets heavy use. plus podcasts.

Variable on
  • Options
    HacksawHacksaw J. Duggan Esq. Wrestler at LawRegistered User regular
    edited May 2007
    What's with this virgin kid? Was H/A too busy to deal with his shit?

Hacksaw on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Hacksaw wrote: »
    What's with this virgin kid? Was H/A too busy to deal with his shit?

i blame than

dlinfiniti on
    AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    The Blowjob thread is not nearly as good as the name implies

Elendil on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Saburbia wrote: »
    I just hate iTunes.

I like my zen, not sure which one your specifically talking about but my 8 gb microphoto zen and it isn't bulky.

I don't remember. The micro is nice but there's this huge one I always see at Best Buy and there's no way I'm buying it :P

James on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    ah, nice.

i like itunes for it's interface, and foobar for the FLAC stuff I listen too. Since I haven't ripped nearly my whole collection in FLAC itunes still gets heavy use. plus podcasts.
    Well, there is this, but unfortunately the newest version still doesn't seem to be available for Windows. I have far more old tracker stuff than FLAC, but there doesn't seem to be any movement on that front. :(

stilist on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    i finally went with the engraving

"I have failed to prove my point!"

Jinnigan on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Elendil wrote: »
    The Blowjob thread is not nearly as good as the name implies
    Are you saying it sucks?

stilist on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    James pokemon advice, machop or abra. Team right now consists of grotle, ponyta, staravia, luxio and wooper.

Look Out it's Sabs! on
  • Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Poor Kusu. All wantin to talk and shit.

Quid on
  • Options
    Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited May 2007
    James pokemon advice, machop or abra. Team right now consists of grotle, ponyta, staravia, luxio and wooper.
    I was actually choosing between those too as well. I went with Abra even though he's apparently completely useless until L15. So I'm rolling with Infernape, Floatzel, Abra, Staravia, Luxio and one free slot.

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    PillsAreNicePillsAreNice Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    People over the age of 16 actually play Pokemon? I'm not trying to troll or anything, I just thought it was geared towards children.

PillsAreNice on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    See my game reviews at: http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=strangegamer
  • Options
    edited May 2007

Abra, because eventually you'll have an Alakazam.

Basically, your team will consist of grass/ground, fire, normal/flying, electric, water/ground, and psychic.

James on
  • Options
    DocDoc Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited May 2007

I was going to make a somewhat mean-spirited H/A thread from this post.

MAN HAS CHANCE TO BE MEAN ON INTERNET AND PASSES ON IT, MORE AT 11.

Doc on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    I was actually choosing between those too as well. I went with Abra even though he's apparently completely useless until L15. So I'm rolling with Infernape, Floatzel, Abra, Staravia, Luxio and one free slot.

Mine just evolved, yay exp share. Floatzel is water right? How's that pokemon going for you?

Look Out it's Sabs! on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    People over the age of 16 actually play Pokemon? I'm not trying to troll or anything, I just thought it was geared towards children.

Will is in his thirties and plays pokemon :P

It's a lot different if you grow up with it.

James on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    It is, but there are always outliers and people who played it when they were younger.

stilist on
  • Options
    edited May 2007

Basically, your team will consist of grass/ground, fire, normal/flying, electric, water/ground, and psychic.

Owell going to get my machop one more level so its a machoke, than I can get a machamp just for the sake of it.

Look Out it's Sabs! on
  • Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Hey guys, I am enjoying Warhammer so much. Only forty more spearmen, twenty more archers, fourteen more spider riders, and a few special units, and I'll have a fairly solid army rolling on out.

Dread Pirate Arbuthnot on
  • Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    I always get Abra. Cause Alakazam kicks your gramma's ass.

Quid on
  • Options
    PillsAreNicePillsAreNice Registered User regular
    edited May 2007

If he's in his 30s then how old was he when Pokemon came to America? Unless he's Japanese, then I could see it being around when he was a kid.

On a completely different note; I got half way through Metal Gear Solid 3 before I realized I could slit people's throats. Jesus, those guards give off a lot of blood. Boy did I make up for lost time.

PillsAreNice on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    See my game reviews at: http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=strangegamer
  • Options
    edited May 2007

Owell going to get my machop one more level so its a machoke, than I can get a machamp just for the sake of it.

do you still need to trade kadabra to make it into an alakazam? also what platform is this played on?

man, in the red and blue version I dun captured every damn pokemon. And they gave me a fucking certificate for it.

Casual Eddy on
  • Options
    edited May 2007

If he's in his 30s then how old was he when Pokemon came to America? Unless he's Japanese, then I could see it being around when he was a kid.

Those two sentences weren't meant to be connected. Will plays pokemon and is over 16, so yes people over 16 play pokemon. I was eleven or twelve when pokemon came out here, and continue to play because I grew up with it.

James on
  • Options
    DaedalusDaedalus Registered User regular
    edited May 2007

The design philosophy of "let's see how many cute mascot characters we can pack into a single game" is geared toward children.

The competitive gameplay mechanics are ridiculously deep and allow for a much deeper multiplayer game than you'd expect.

You know, kinda like Smash Bros.

Daedalus on
This discussion has been closed.