Options

Go Go Gadget [Chat]

• Options
    RyadicRyadic Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Organichu wrote: »
    remember brucie, the steroided guy

was that gta or saints row

It was GTA. Characters like him, Packie, Playboy X, Manny, Phil Bell, and tons of others in the game is what makes me dumbfounded that people call it a serious game. These characters are just over the top and in no way fit into real world life.

Ryadic on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I got The Sunset Tree THANKS A LOT GUYS FOR BEING SLOW

So It Goes on
  • Options
    RustRust __BANNED USERS regular
    edited August 2010
    if you didn't like SR2 then you hate fun

you have a fun allergy

it's incurable and it will kill you before you turn forty

Rust on
  • Options
    NocturneNocturne Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Oh my god no matter what my headphone cord always always always finds a way to get stuck underneath the wheels on my computer chair

There is some sort of extradimensional attraction between the two that science cannot explain

Nocturne on
  • Options
    TarranonTarranon Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    and whether you guys liked it or not, the game was being billed as a more mature and serious take on the series when it was first being released

so

that is why you have people like me that gripe at its clashed aesthetics. maybe people who had no expectations were better off in this case.

Tarranon on
    You could be anywhere
    On the black screen
  • Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited August 2010
  • Options
    MikeManMikeMan Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Podly wrote: »
    what's up, duders?
    naw much biatch

a dude here in CH is giving me a tour of his studio next week

MikeMan on
  • Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    what's up, duders?

i am sketching out ideas for a story about the ultimate inscrutability of reality to the human mind

all the continental philosophers have a "we're right" party and then lose their jobs because there's nothing left to do

Evil Multifarious on
  • Options
    SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Nocturne wrote: »
    Oh my god no matter what my headphone cord always always always finds a way to get stuck underneath the wheels on my computer chair

There is some sort of extradimensional attraction between the two that science cannot explain

Yeah.

The braided fiber sheath that surrounds my headphone cord is torn to pieces because I keep running it over.

Sarksus on
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Another favorite baseball movie:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88ft_enkr9c

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Now which Black Keys album

Rubber Factory or the Big Come Up

So It Goes on
  • Options
    PonyPony Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    OremLK wrote: »
    Irond Will wrote: »
    but i just find Rockstar's sense of humor puerile and offputting and couldn't take it after a while

That, I think, is a very fair criticism. In fact, I think their writers really have trouble with restraint in general. I'm reminded of a mission in RDR where you are required to
    Help a corrupt Mexican general burn down a town, kill all the men within it, and kidnap all the women to be raped repeatedly

And I'm like, this doesn't fit with the "redemption" thing at all. In fact, I don't want to be doing this. Why is Marston doing this? Wouldn't he draw the line somewhere?

see where we disagree about GTA IV

we totally agree here

this was the exact point in the game where i was like "i can no longer be interested in this story or these characters and nor do i wish to play a vidya game where i am doing these things. no sir."

i never actually finished RDR specifically because of that storyline

Pony on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    I think Sunset Tree must be when they started getting bigger or something

it's on everyone's list

Tarranon on
    You could be anywhere
    On the black screen
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    see

a really, really big chested black girl from brooklyn just OKC messaged me to let me know that she, too, loves the picture of dorian gray

you hear that, SiG?

don't need you

:l

oscar wilde is a lot of fun

frankie watched the newish picture of dorian grey movie on the tv the other day

i didn't watch it but the little bit i saw did not look real good

she's really unpretty, will

what use is my affection for oscar wilde if it only ensnares women who i don't want to be inside of

maybe someone fucked up her secret portrait chu

wouldn't that mean she's an awful bitch?

Organichu on
  • Options
    Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited August 2010
    So It Goes wrote: »
    I got The Sunset Tree THANKS A LOT GUYS FOR BEING SLOW

i had to look up how to spell tallahassee

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    SenjutsuSenjutsu thot enthusiast Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    watched the paintball ep of community again

so good

Senjutsu on
  • Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    The only GTA style game I liked was Red Faction just because I can blow the crap out of everything. It was fun.

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    mountain goats eh?

do you like music that sounds like bruce springsteen got kicked in the nuts while doing his bob dylan impersonation?

Podly on
    follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    seriously RDR is otherwise a great game and I play the multiplayer regularly

but the singleplayer story can suck a dick

Pony on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Senjutsu wrote: »
    watched the paintball ep of community again

so good

that was really a great piece of television

Evil Multifarious on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    but i just find Rockstar's sense of humor puerile and offputting and couldn't take it after a while

That, I think, is a very fair criticism. In fact, I think their writers really have trouble with restraint in general. I'm reminded of a mission in RDR where you are required to
    Help a corrupt Mexican general burn down a town, kill all the men within it, and kidnap all the women to be raped repeatedly

And I'm like, this doesn't fit with the "redemption" thing at all. In fact, I don't want to be doing this. Why is Marston doing this? Wouldn't he draw the line somewhere?
    I got mad when you couldn't intentionally aim badly to expose that con-artist West Dickens on the ranch.

Sarksus on
  • Options
    NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    edited August 2010
    mountain goats eh?

do you like music that sounds like bruce springsteen got kicked in the nuts while doing his bob dylan impersonation?

you're so brutal

Nerdgasmic on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    mountain goats eh?

I don't think anyone ever accused him of being a good singer :(

Tarranon on
    You could be anywhere
    On the black screen
  • Options
    SenjutsuSenjutsu thot enthusiast Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    whats a mountain goat

Senjutsu on
  • Options
    Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited August 2010

it always feels like those douchebags who write south park are writing for the game

and i hate them and their world view

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    i really liked Grand Theft Auto San Andreas

really, really liked it

GTA IV was a giant step in like, every single wrong direction for my tastes

SR 2, on the other hand, was the sort of game I wanted

Pony on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    podly you seem incapable of enjoying music and substitute impersonal fascination or historical curiosity for pleasure

like, i don't think i'd ever take musical advice from you, even though we like some of the same things

Organichu on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Senjutsu wrote: »
    whats a mountain goat

Apparently a very fertile animal.

Sarksus on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    MikeMan wrote: »
    what's up, duders?
    naw much biatch

hay mike are you getting Halo Broach?

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    i didn't finish red dead redemption because it was an incredibly boring shooter where most of your time was spent doing exactly nothing

Evil Multifarious on
  • Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    what's up, duders?
    naw much biatch

nice? if it's north carolina, you have to give me ten bucks if he's got BEAT KANGZ

@EM: cool! I might be sending you some songs in a few weeks. Would you be interested in writing some blog posts for them? I'll try to give you as much information about the world as possible, but I really want to get a bunch of different writing styles, because I want it to be undecided as to whether the blog is maintained in even one possible world.

Podly on
    follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Pony wrote: »

see where we disagree about GTA IV

we totally agree here

this was the exact point in the game where i was like "i can no longer be interested in this story or these characters and nor do i wish to play a vidya game where i am doing these things. no sir."

i never actually finished RDR specifically because of that storyline

The same, actually.

I still loved the rest of it though

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    Rear Admiral ChocoRear Admiral Choco I wanna be an owl, Jerry! Owl York CityRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I loved RDR and basically turned my brain off for Mexico.

Mexico was just straight up shitty, but I loved everything about New Austin.

Oh wait, Landon Ricketts was cool.

West Elizabeth was okay, I guess.

Rear Admiral Choco on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    pretty much every single thing i liked about San Andreas was absent in GTA IV

and every single thing i didn't like about San Andreas or didn't want to see in a GTA game was in GTA IV

it felt like they were designing a game specifically for me to hate it

Pony on
  • Options
    NocturneNocturne Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    i didn't finish red dead redemption because it was an incredibly boring shooter where most of your time was spent doing exactly nothing

It was not supposed to be an action-filled shooter

I loved it, although I never finished it. But I enjoyed the hours I put into it.

Nocturne on
  • Options
    OremLKOremLK Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Pony wrote: »
    seriously RDR is otherwise a great game and I play the multiplayer regularly

but the singleplayer story can suck a dick

The story has some serious flaws, no doubt. I also didn't like the ending. It was just too nihilistic for my taste. Tragic endings ought to have at least have a purpose, in my opinion, beyond "life sucks and fuck you all".

See what a scourge is laid upon your hate / That heaven finds means to kill your joys with love

And all that.

OremLK on
    My zombie survival life simulator They Don't Sleep is out now on Steam if you want to check it out.
  • Options
    MikeManMikeMan Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    what's up, duders?
    naw much biatch

hay mike are you getting Halo Broach?
    dude i preordered that thing so hard i'm pretty sure my dick started leaking blood

MikeMan on
  • Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Bah. Since Thursday of last week my friend has been in town. We've done nothing but play video games and sleep. He leaves in about 2 hours... This sucks. I also have to drive him to the airport at 3:30am.

urahonky on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    what's up, duders?
    naw much biatch

nice? if it's north carolina, you have to give me ten bucks if he's got BEAT KANGZ

@EM: cool! I might be sending you some songs in a few weeks. Would you be interested in writing some blog posts for them? I'll try to give you as much information about the world as possible, but I really want to get a bunch of different writing styles, because I want it to be undecided as to whether the blog is maintained in even one possible world.

yeah i could definitely do that

who are the "authors" of these blog posts again?

Evil Multifarious on
This discussion has been closed.