As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

has a SO ever done this to you?

JohnnyCacheJohnnyCache Starting DefensePlace at the tableRegistered User regular
edited August 2010 in Help / Advice Forum
So i hang out with a girl for a couple weeks. We camp. We workout. She cooks great meals for me. She's awesome. I like her, she likes me, we go out, we eat and drink, we retire to her place, we have a long talk about if we're on the bus to relationshiptown, we snuggle, we kiss for the first time and then some more, at five in the morning or so I go home. she kisses me goodbye.

and has not spoken to me since, over a week later, except for a few evasive little texts canceling or postponing things. I invited her to a matinee the following day (a saturday outing, with friends), the day after that I knocked on her door to see if she wanted to grab a drink or something that afternoon (sunday). No answer, movement from in the house. She texts me back and says she was in the shower. I text her back asking if she wants to do something tonight. No response. I texted her monday, no response, texted her tues to see if she was keeping our nine o'clock gym date (She replied: "already went") Wed. is her busiest day at work, sent her a text to have a good day and call me if she wanted to do something later in the week. Haven't contacted her since (you don't have to hit me over the head with a paddle).

Now I did like this girl, but I can live without her, you know? It's not losing the chips that bother me, it's mis-reading the hand. I would really like to know what the hell is going on.

A few options in my head:

I did something unspeakable to her, without noticing:

I doubt this is the case because things ended on such an up note.

I am a horrible kisser:

Not the case, per many exes.

I don't think one contact a day for a couple days after a really promising date, or a couple invitations to very non-controversial activities is too clingy (esp. givin the frequency we were seeing each other - every afternoon/night - up to that.

so that kind of leaves us with:

She's dating someone else and went with option b, an inferior and foolish option but a choice I must respect

or

something really odd or shitty happened to her

In either case wouldn't a straight answer be better than "the fade?"

JohnnyCache on

• Options
    TopiaTopia Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    It's over, just leave her alone for a few weeks, and then you can try friendly conversation again.

She just didn't like you the same way. Almost guaranteed. You did nothing wrong, but the excessive texting and door knocking can be weird.

Topia on
  • Options
    KealohaKealoha Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Agree w/ Topia.. it's a shame, and kind of shitty, that she couldn't have at least clued you in during the conversation you guys had. But, all signs point to her awkwardly avoiding you rather than being a Big Woman and fessing up to not being (ugh) that into you.

Kealoha on
    !! ! ! !!
  • Options
    JohnnyCacheJohnnyCache Starting Defense Place at the tableRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Well yeah, I kinda get that, and have done that. I'm not actually going to give her another chance unless she contacts me, and probably not at all unless she does it soon.

but understand, i am a direct person. The first time we hung out, I said "I see us dating," and she said "me too" and that night I said, "Where is this going?" and she said, "I like you and I think we should get more serious" and we kissed and messed around on her couch for, like, 3 hours. and we're 30, not 19. And we were sober.

JohnnyCache on
  • Options
    WhatToThinkWhatToThink Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Yeah man that sucks but I totally know where you are...like exactly...odd how that works. Obviously almost every experience is different but in my case the girl just changed her mind. Well, that is what she said but more or less I think it was the fact she wanted someone but not a relationship, if that makes sense. To use the common phrase, a friend with benefits.

In your case, I would forget about his girl, she sounds like a dbag and not worth your time. I say this because:

1. She won't even talk to you and tell you what's up. I understand some people are bad communicators but do you really want someone who doesn't have enough respect to explain to you why they are acting the way they are?

2. You said it yourself, you can live without her. That is huge man, if you can say that I highly suggest you move on.

On a side note, I understand how the mis-reading is so freaking annoying haha. I feel like I can read people fairly well so when something happens likes this it pisses me off.

WhatToThink on
  • Options
    jkylefultonjkylefulton Squid...or Kid? NNID - majpellRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Texting and showing up at her house did not demonstrate that you could "live without her" - this will be valuable information that you should apply to future potential girlfriends.

jkylefulton on
    tOkYVT2.jpg
  • Options
    JohnnyCacheJohnnyCache Starting Defense Place at the tableRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    to be honest i would just like to know where things went of the rails for purposes of closure. I like this girl but suffer from no illusions about her replacibility to me or mine to her.

JohnnyCache on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Texting and showing up at her house did not demonstrate that you could "live without her" - this will be valuable information that you should apply to future potential girlfriends.

texting her - once - literally, "hey we're all going to a movie, do you want to come"

followed by knocking on her the following day to see if she wanted to go do something I was on my way past her house to go do?

After a date that seemed to end perfectly?

That's too much?

JohnnyCache on
  • Options
    jkylefultonjkylefulton Squid...or Kid? NNID - majpellRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Could be any of a number of reasons, most of which will have absolutely nothing to do with you. People are flaky, closure is often ellusive. But you probably already know all of that. Best to just let it go.

jkylefulton on
    tOkYVT2.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Could be any of a number of reasons, most of which will have absolutely nothing to do with you. People are flaky, closure is often ellusive. But you probably already know all of that. Best to just let it go.

Yeah, hence me posting on the internet about it. I am genuinely curious as to the frequency of people doing this in dating - it has not happened to me before, nor have i done it, and I was wondering if asking a large body of people if it was common and what the underlying cause, when known, turned out to be might be a productive activity. IE if this is a somewhat normal way for a certain percentage of people to act.

it seems like something you reserve for a greater transgression than I think I could have committed between a kiss at 5 am and an invitation to do something the following afternoon.

JohnnyCache on
  • Options
    MegaMan001MegaMan001 CRNA Rochester, MNRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010

texting her - once - literally, "hey we're all going to a movie, do you want to come"

followed by knocking on her the following day to see if she wanted to go do something I was on my way past her house to go do?

That's too much?

No its not too much. That was fine, she just at some point decided that she was no longer interested for some reason. You didn't send any creeped signals I can see, she just used a passive aggressive way out.

Don't change your approach, I think you did just fine.

MegaMan001 on
    I am in the business of saving lives.
  • Options
    DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    It's called flaking out. It happens. Not your fault. Sorry.

Darkewolfe on
    What is this I don't even.
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    if there had been some sort of definate, "I don't think this is working out" or "you're not my type" or whatever, or if she had actively refused the first couple followup invitations, that would be one thing.

but - it was a very hot weekend, and she texted me back that she'd slept all day and not woken up till I went to bed (on saturday) and then on sunday, she texted me that she missed when I came by because she was in the shower. That kind of excuse has to be a pattern before it comes across as avoidence. That's the only reason I even bothered during the following week.

Sigh. Why can't people just be slightly more direct, but not so direct that we become like vulcans?

JohnnyCache on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Darkewolfe wrote: »
    It's called flaking out. It happens. Not your fault. Sorry.

The other thing here is we are both very busy people. In the past, we've gotten busy enough or cross scheduled enough that these things really did happen, but we had more communication.

JohnnyCache on
  • Options
    MonoxideMonoxide Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited August 2010
    knocking on her door might've been a bad move, but it seems like she'd already expressed disinterest beforehand. I suppose it depends on your local culture, but "dropping in" without a phone call or text first is a pretty big social faux pas these days unless there's an established precedent that it's okay to do so.

but from your dismissal of each response in this thread, it seems like you're just fishing for someone to either say that you've done something obviously wrong that you can correct the next time, or that she's a horrible person who you should avoid for the rest of your life. unfortunately, neither of these is the case. just drop it, and move on. she's not interested, and if it's because of some other reason, it's up to her to decide whether or not to tell you what that reason is.

Monoxide on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    well, in the past i've had the problem of not being persistaint or intiatory enough. i'm actually very easy to discourage. And I have dropped it, it's dropped. dropping it behaviorly, irl, and talking about it online with other people aren't the same, are they?

and yes, I want to know if I did something that causes a girl to kiss me passionately and then stop speaking to me.

I am very interested in not having that happen to me, because I don't like it.

I do understand that i'm not "owed" an explanation, I would just like to asccertain one anyway. hence, venting about it in the most remote and neutral venue I could find. Sounding off here certainly seems better than calling her.

some other odd details: She didn't un-facebook me

we live on the same street. We can see each other's houses from our front yards. We've talked about how it almost is stupid to call each other.

JohnnyCache on
  • Options
    EshEsh Tending bar. FFXIV. Motorcycles. Portland, ORRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    MegaMan001 wrote: »

That's too much?

No its not too much. That was fine, she just at some point decided that she was no longer interested for some reason. You didn't send any creeped signals I can see, she just used a passive aggressive way out.

Yeah, no.

You kinda went overboard. Hot and heavy weekend or not, texting her everyday and showing up at her house probably scared her away if she wasn't already not really interested in anything serious. Nothing wrong with texting her the next day, but every day after?

Esh on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    well, in the past i've had the problem of not being persistaint or intiatory enough. i'm actually very easy to discourage. And I have dropped it, it's dropped. dropping it behaviorly, irl, and talking about it online with other people aren't the same, are they?

and yes, I want to know if I did something that causes a girl to kiss me passionately and then stop speaking to me.

I am very interested in not having that happen to me, because I don't like it.

I do understand that i'm not "owed" an explanation, I would just like to asccertain one anyway. hence, venting about it in the most remote and neutral venue I could find. Sounding off here certainly seems better than calling her.

some other odd details: She didn't un-facebook me

we live on the same street. We can see each other's houses from our front yards. We've talked about how it almost is stupid to call each other.

Some people are just like that. No explanation needed.

Just give it some time. Be casual. Let her approach you.

Esh on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    I get what you're saying esh, but seriously: She told me she doesn't "do casual" and that she was 'looking for something serious" and "saw us together"

if that's what she does when she doesn't want something serious I guess i don't get her.

well, the first day she answered back, "Sorry I missed your call, I was asleep"

after the do over the next day, I was picking up a pattern, didn't bother her on monday, only asked her if she was keeping our standard apt. at the gym on tues, and then basically sent her a "ok whatever, ball's in your court" on wed, haven't talked to her since in any way and won't in the future unless she comes to me.

JohnnyCache on
  • Options
    KazakaKazaka Asleep Counting SheepRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Man if this was me my face would probably look like your avatar and I'd be seeking answers too
    I say give it some time but do keep this tucked away mentally for later when you see her somewhere because I'd be curious as hell too and I'd want to know what the fuck

That shit don't always fly though, so really be sure you're capable of letting it go if she goes ghost on you

Kazaka on
  • Options
    ceresceres When the last moon is cast over the last star of morning And the future has past without even a last desperate warningRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited August 2010
    Okay then let it go. Crap on a cracker, nothing you can say is going to make it better right now. Nothing you can do is going to make her call you if she doesn't want to. All the picking apart you can do in the world will only drive you even crazier.

Maybe she's just really busy, maybe there's a family matter she has to deal with, maybe she was cheating on her real boyfriend while he was away and now he's back, or maybe after some reflection she just honestly thought better of something that was so hot and heavy so fast. It doesn't matter which it is because she doesn't seem to want to talk to you right now, and so you have to let it go.

Sometimes you don't get an answer. Overthinking this isn't going to help. Just try to move on. If she calls you in a week maybe she'll have an explanation, or maybe not. Either way, until you hear otherwise from her, it's almost certainly better to just drop it.

ceres on
    And it seems like all is dying, and would leave the world to mourn
  • Options
    ZombiemamboZombiemambo Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Calling a couple more times than you should or knocking on her door isn't going to destroy a relationship two people are interested in pursuing, especially after kissing and fooling around (unless it was clearly a one night stand, and in this case there's no reason to believe it was, unless she's full of shit)

something happened, you may never get an answer. I hate flaky people so, so much, because I have the fortitude to hear honesty and it's much more appreciated than silly lies or outright avoidance. But people are flaky or something happens and they never bother to tell you or hell, maybe they don't even know what to tell you right now. It could be anything, but the bottom line is this: only time and patience will resolve the problem, either because you get over never hearing from her again or she does contact you and you get closure of some kind.

Zombiemambo on
    JKKaAGp.png
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    I get what you're saying esh, but seriously: She told me she doesn't "do casual" and that she was 'looking for something serious" and "saw us together"

if that's what she does when she doesn't want something serious I guess i don't get her.

well, the first day she answered back, "Sorry I missed your call, I was asleep"

after the do over the next day, I was picking up a pattern, didn't bother her on monday, only asked her if she was keeping our standard apt. at the gym on tues, and then basically sent her a "ok whatever, ball's in your court" on wed, haven't talked to her since in any way and won't in the future unless she comes to me.

Some people are just weird. I just chalk it up to that and go on my way usually. I've had similar situations, but I've learned to not let it get to me.

Those texts in context aren't bad at all actually. Still, ball in her court.

Esh on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    ceres wrote: »
    Okay then let it go. Crap on a cracker, nothing you can say is going to make it better right now. Nothing you can do is going to make her call you if she doesn't want to. All the picking apart you can do in the world will only drive you even crazier.

Maybe she's just really busy, maybe there's a family matter she has to deal with, maybe she was cheating on her real boyfriend while he was away and now he's back, or maybe after some reflection she just honestly thought better of something that was so hot and heavy so fast. It doesn't matter which it is because she doesn't seem to want to talk to you right now, and so you have to let it go.

Sometimes you don't get an answer. Overthinking this isn't going to help. Just try to move on. If she calls you in a week maybe she'll have an explanation, or maybe not. Either way, until you hear otherwise from her, it's almost certainly better to just drop it.

I already have basically moved on. It's just nagging me the way it nags me when I can't solve a puzzle.

Like I said, that's why I picked here to sound off and not even a RL friend.

it bears repeating, though, that this was not a first date and that daily or bidaily contact had been our norm for 3-4 weeks.

JohnnyCache on
  • Options
    Bionic MonkeyBionic Monkey Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited August 2010
    Esh wrote: »

That's too much?

Yeah, no.

You kinda went overboard. Hot and heavy weekend or not, texting her everyday and showing up at her house probably scared her away if she wasn't already not really interested in anything serious. Nothing wrong with texting her the next day, but every day after?

From what he said, he only texted her once a day, for about the next three days. That is not going overboard.

Bionic Monkey on
    sig_megas_armed.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2010

That's too much?

Yeah, no.

From what he said, he only texted her once a day, for about the next three days. That is not going overboard.

Hate to break it to you, but there are many, many people who would find that overboard. When you've already pitched the ball, give it a while to come back. Don't keep lobbing balls at their head. Especially after a romantic encounter. The dynamic makes a giant flip flop after something like that.

Esh on
  • Options
    ZombiemamboZombiemambo Registered User regular
    edited August 2010

That's too much?

Yeah, no.

Hate to break it to you, but there are many, many people who would find that overboard. When you've already pitched the ball, give it a while to come back. Don't keep lobbing balls at their head. Especially after a romantic encounter. The dynamic makes a giant flip flop after something like that.

let it the fuck go, Esh

Jesus

Zombiemambo on
    JKKaAGp.png
  • Options
    JebusUDJebusUD Adventure! Candy IslandRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Maybe she is just genuinely busy. Call her again in a week.

JebusUD on
    and I wonder about my neighbors even though I don't have them
    but they're listening to every word I say
  • Options
    edited August 2010

That's too much?

Yeah, no.

let it the fuck go, Esh

Jesus

Wow, I'm not allowed to respond when someone addresses me now? I even made a new point as to how dynamics change after romantic encounters which wasn't touched on before. If you don't like it, say something pertinent to the situation (that will help the OP) rather than just being a goose.

EDITED and all that.

Esh on
  • Options
    SojornSojorn Registered User regular
    edited August 2010

Yeah, hence me posting on the internet about it. I am genuinely curious as to the frequency of people doing this in dating - it has not happened to me before, nor have i done it, and I was wondering if asking a large body of people if it was common and what the underlying cause, when known, turned out to be might be a productive activity. IE if this is a somewhat normal way for a certain percentage of people to act.

it seems like something you reserve for a greater transgression than I think I could have committed between a kiss at 5 am and an invitation to do something the following afternoon.

I've been in the game for years man. I've seen and had this exact same sort of scenario happen to me multiple times. *MULTIPLE* The frequency of this type of thing is astounding.

You'd think more people would be inclined to be straightforward and honest about something like this, but like someone said before, people are flakey.

My best guess to the underlying cause...people get really into something at first and then realize they're not as into it as they thought they were, or, couple this with outside influences (other men, friends influencing negatively, parents, etc.), they decide they don't want it after all. Then, in typical conflict-avoidance fashion, they just don't say anything about it until they're forced to. It's easier for them to just ignore you and never explain anything than it is for them to tell you the truth and admit their own mistakes, so they do the former and hope you get the idea.

Is this normal? Yes. Does that make it cool, or the right thing to do? Nope.

Right thing to do is be honest and straightforward. My close friends and I have a phrase for people that do the sort of thing you described.

We call them common. Because it's a rare person who actually bothers to be upfront about things and admit their mistakes when they make them.

You're better off compadre. Best of luck.

Sojorn on
    XBox Live: NBKHavoc | Facebook | Sorry for the sig, it's just temporary. =)
  • Options
    FallingmanFallingman Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    It doesn't sound creepy, especially in context. I wouldn't tie yourself in knots over what you did wrong.

It sounds like she just got cold feet - and some people really can't handle awkward situations, to the extent that they do bizzare things to avoid them.

I'd be inclined to suggest gracefully bowing out. If you really wanted, and assuming a phone call it out of the question, drop her an email to say something like "Hey, I haven't heard anything from you in a while. I hope I didn't do anything to make you uncomfortable. I'll back off and if you want to see each other again, I'll leave that up to you. I hope everything's ok, and if you want to talk - you have my details."

But that would be me wanting to get closure so that I could move on with a clear head.

The point being to keep the email short, clear, friendly and not defensive (not that I'm saying you would be, but we all have a tendency to go on a bit when we start writing those types of things)

Anyway, my two cents. I hope it works out, or you at least get a clear indication one way or the other.

Fallingman on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    variantvariant Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    It's inexplicable but it happens fairly often, to me at least.

It was a terrible idea to keep contacting her, a little weird to show up at her place, you need to drop this and flush it out of your mind before you fall for her just because you can't have her anymore.

Go hangout with your friends or ask some other girl out, keep your mind off it.

variant on
  • Options
    ceresceres When the last moon is cast over the last star of morning And the future has past without even a last desperate warningRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited August 2010
    Fallingman wrote: »
    If you really wanted, and assuming a phone call it out of the question, drop her an email to say something like "Hey, I haven't heard anything from you in a while. I hope I didn't do anything to make you uncomfortable. I'll back off and if you want to see each other again, I'll leave that up to you. I hope everything's ok, and if you want to talk - you have my details."

Don't do this. You've contacted her enough times, and if indeed she is just busy a message telling her that you're backing off will frustrate her, because it sounds like you were supposed to have an understanding about busy lives and all. If she's not interested in you anymore she likely isn't going to respond anyway.

ceres on
    And it seems like all is dying, and would leave the world to mourn
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    It doesn't sound creepy, especially in context. I wouldn't tie yourself in knots over what you did wrong.

It sounds like she just got cold feet - and some people really can't handle awkward situations, to the extent that they do bizzare things to avoid them.

I'd be inclined to suggest gracefully bowing out. If you really wanted, and assuming a phone call it out of the question, drop her an email to say something like "Hey, I haven't heard anything from you in a while. I hope I didn't do anything to make you uncomfortable. I'll back off and if you want to see each other again, I'll leave that up to you. I hope everything's ok, and if you want to talk - you have my details."

But that would be me wanting to get closure so that I could move on with a clear head.

The point being to keep the email short, clear, friendly and not defensive (not that I'm saying you would be, but we all have a tendency to go on a bit when we start writing those types of things)

Anyway, my two cents. I hope it works out, or you at least get a clear indication one way or the other.

They made out over a weekend. That's a little heavy for a situation like this. Pretty much guaranteed to make sure you don't get a phone call again. The "letter" you provided is also really passive aggressive.

Esh on
  • Options
    DodgeBlanDodgeBlan PSN: dodgeblanRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Sojorn wrote: »

I've been in the game for years man. I've seen and had this exact same sort of scenario happen to me multiple times. *MULTIPLE* The frequency of this type of thing is astounding.

You'd think more people would be inclined to be straightforward and honest about something like this, but like someone said before, people are flakey.

My best guess to the underlying cause...people get really into something at first and then realize they're not as into it as they thought they were, or, couple this with outside influences (other men, friends influencing negatively, parents, etc.), they decide they don't want it after all. Then, in typical conflict-avoidance fashion, they just don't say anything about it until they're forced to. It's easier for them to just ignore you and never explain anything than it is for them to tell you the truth and admit their own mistakes, so they do the former and hope you get the idea.

Is this normal? Yes. Does that make it cool, or the right thing to do? Nope.

Right thing to do is be honest and straightforward. My close friends and I have a phrase for people that do the sort of thing you described.

We call them common. Because it's a rare person who actually bothers to be upfront about things and admit their mistakes when they make them.

You're better off compadre. Best of luck.

I would say there are three possible answers:

1. This one, that she was into it at the time but for whatever reason on reflection decided it wasn't for her.
    2. Someone else came into (or back into) her life.
    3. She is the kind of person who will just go along with it on a date and then never speak to you because she is extreme conflict avoidance.

DodgeBlan on
    Read my blog about AMERICA and THE BAY AREA

https://medium.com/@alascii
  • Options
    Bionic MonkeyBionic Monkey Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited August 2010

They made out over a weekend. That's a little heavy for a situation like this. Pretty much guaranteed to make sure you don't get a phone call again. The "letter" you provided is also really passive aggressive.

While I agree that the e-mail is not the greatest idea, have you actually been reading what the OP has been saying? Your advice sounds like you think they just met at a party on Friday, made out for a few hours, and then he proceeded to text her like crazy and drive by her house.

They've been seeing each other for about a month.

Bionic Monkey on
    sig_megas_armed.jpg
  • Options
    poshnialloposhniallo Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Esh's 'advice' is terrible.

You didn't do anything wrong that I can see, and that message isn't passive aggressive at all (hint to others: polite and passive aggressive are different.

She didn't want to carry on the relationship and she was too flakey to express that.

I know it's sometimes hard to tell someone you don't want to be with them, and often the reasons are nothing to do with the relationship so far. For example, she could have decided she had a great time but you weren't a 'keeper'. And then she didn't have the nerve to tell you. It's rubbish that she didn't do that, but it happens a lot. Really a lot.

The main thing I wanted to say is that I don't think you did anything wrong at all and you shouldn't take this as some kind of sign that you need to change.

If I was all wise and that I'd say the only lesson you need to learn from this is how much it sucks when you break up with someone without telling them clearly and make sure you never do that to someone else.

If I was wise I'd probably be less poor, so...

poshniallo on
    I figure I could take a bear.
  • Options
    edited August 2010

While I agree that the e-mail is not the greatest idea, have you actually been reading what the OP has been saying? Your advice sounds like you think they just met at a party on Friday, made out for a few hours, and then he proceeded to text her like crazy and drive by her house.

They've been seeing each other for about a month.

Yeah, I have been, have you?

"So i hang out with a girl for a couple weeks. We camp. We workout. She cooks great meals for me. She's awesome. I like her, she likes me, we go out, we eat and drink, we retire to her place, we have a long talk about if we're on the bus to relationshiptown, we snuggle, we kiss for the first time and then some more, at five in the morning or so I go home. she kisses me goodbye."

They've known each other for a few weeks, they JUST kissed this weekend.

Esh on
  • Options
    Seattle ThreadSeattle Thread Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Look, she ain't into you. It likely moved too fast for her, and your constant texts/communique only serve to further convice her that she made a mistake. She's stonewalling you because she wants you to take the hint.

-OR-

She's genuinely busy, going through a bit of a patch right now and just can't be available as frequently as she'd like. Again, your constant texts/communique only serve to further frustrate and annoy.

So the solution is to back off. Once-per-day texts are fine after a while, but gross overkill for a new relationship. You could blame yourself (or god), but remember that she feels that it's been too much for her. There's where the answer to the puzzle lies, so you can take that as a load off.. the next step is just to get past it.

Seattle Thread on
    kofz2amsvqm3.png
  • Options
    Casually HardcoreCasually Hardcore Once an Asshole. Trying to be better. Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Damn, talk about making it complicated.

All you need to do is stop trying to make contact with her.

The end.

No more to it.

No more drama to be had.

Fin.

Casually Hardcore on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    poshniallo wrote: »
    Esh's 'advice' is terrible.

You didn't do anything wrong that I can see, and that message isn't passive aggressive at all (hint to others: polite and passive aggressive are different.

She didn't want to carry on the relationship and she was too flakey to express that.

I know it's sometimes hard to tell someone you don't want to be with them, and often the reasons are nothing to do with the relationship so far. For example, she could have decided she had a great time but you weren't a 'keeper'. And then she didn't have the nerve to tell you. It's rubbish that she didn't do that, but it happens a lot. Really a lot.

The main thing I wanted to say is that I don't think you did anything wrong at all and you shouldn't take this as some kind of sign that you need to change.

If I was all wise and that I'd say the only lesson you need to learn from this is how much it sucks when you break up with someone without telling them clearly and make sure you never do that to someone else.

If I was wise I'd probably be less poor, so...

*sigh*

Once he put it into context (they live near each other and see each other on a constant basis) and actually said what was in the texts, I retracted what I said. Try reading all the posts in the thread before attacking others.

And it is passive aggressive. Reread it. It basically places all blame on her. Look at all the You You You You in it. Even if it is her fault, and you want to try and continue something with her, this is not the way to go about it. Especially after already texting several times and stopping by her house. It would be overbearing and unnecessary. That's a letter (although it should be very reworded) you send after a semi-prolonged romantic interaction when someone cuts you off. Not after making out for one night.

Esh on
This discussion has been closed.