Options

Little Nemo in [chat]land.

• Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Jesus fuck, Mr OCD is having an afternoon snack. More horrible sounds and smells ahoy.

Mojo_Jojo on
    Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited September 2010
    ludious: ignoring you because time after time you say something really shitty to me (like just now, when you misunderstood my post as i explicitly said arch isn't the type of person i'm talking about) and then occasionally PM me apologizing. i'm tired of it. arch and i are friends having a conversation and nobody needs you coming in and turning the chat hostile. if chat ever gets snatched up, it'll be for exactly shit like this.

arch: right, i agree. it's a very tenuous line. pretty much all of the interests i have now (except maybe, cars?) i've had since childhood so i never really 'grew up' but i guess i didn't really do a lot of stuff-kids-do growing up, anyway.

Organichu on
  • Options
    firewaterwordfirewaterword Satchitananda Pais Vasco to San FranciscoRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Elldren wrote: »
    Here's the best game about an egg riding a unicycle through a stylized depiction of the 4 seasons I've played this year:

Enjoy!

like, vivaldi or a fucking hotel?

Well, I guess of those two, vivaldi. Like, you know, spring, summer, and them other two. It's cute enough.

And since I'm living in a hotel right now, you can be damn sure I'd avoid if the latter were the case.

firewaterword on
    Lokah Samastah Sukhino Bhavantu
  • Options
    firewaterwordfirewaterword Satchitananda Pais Vasco to San FranciscoRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I don't know how many times I watched the Little Nemo movie as a kid. That was so wonderful. The game was great too.

firewaterword on
  • Options
    ResRes __BANNED USERS regular
    edited September 2010
    She wants to skype and I'm like

uh

I forgot my password because it's been so long

Res on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I don't know how many times I watched the Little Nemo movie as a kid. That was so wonderful. The game was great too.

yesssss

Arch on
  • Options
    Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    How come the conversation on man-children is gender-exclusive? Surely there's some kind of female equivalent to the behavior described in that thread. Twilight Moms, maybe?

Is it just that the forum is disproportionately male?

Robos A Go Go on
  • Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Hey, that amusing thing that was on the internet was really amusing! Especially the part with the guy and the object!

RMS Oceanic on
  • Options
    ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    If only that jpg wasn't horribly illegible

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Ludious wrote: »
    desc wrote: »
    Little Nemo in Slumberland is one of the best comic strips of the 20th century.

FACT.
    little_nemo_1908.jpg

you read comics? What a man-child. I bet you can't even get a job.

You know, the man-child thread and the other thread about stereotypes of basement-dwelling nerds have totally blurred together. I've been reading them both and can never remember which posts were where.

edit: Elendil: I know! I know. Let me fetch my supersized hardcover of Little Nemo and we'll read it instead.

desc on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Too much hatin' for one thread to contain.

firewaterword on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    How come the conversation on man-children is gender-exclusive? Surely there's some kind of female equivalent to the behavior described in that thread. Twilight Moms, maybe?

yes

edit: also, actualy looking into that thread, what it is describing is a media trend and my kind are woefully underrepresented in media, so there it is.

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Organichu wrote: »
    l

arch: right, i agree. it's a very tenuous line. pretty much all of the interests i have now (except maybe, cars?) i've had since childhood so i never really 'grew up' but i guess i didn't really do a lot of stuff-kids-do growing up, anyway.

By this logic will was raised in a suit sippin' martinis

Arch on
  • Options
    edited September 2010

I have not even gotten into this, but rest assured

It irks me

I am irked

Arch on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    This heat is pissing me off. I haven't been able to go for a jog all week because it's north of 90 degrees outside, and I can't hear my tv over the sound of my fans blasting me in the face.

Robos A Go Go on
  • Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited September 2010
    Arch wrote: »
    Organichu wrote: »
    l

By this logic will was raised in a suit sippin' martinis

who knows

i didn't own a toy until i was 7

i've never owned a lego

different people are exposed to different things

Organichu on
  • Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I say shitty things from time to time chu, you do too. And yes, I apologize for them. But, I don't feel I've done anything uncalled for this morning. All I know is, as usual, Will has everyone stirred up with his judgmental bullshit and you're defending it. But please, ignore me.

Ludious on
  • Options
    amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Nemo was the best cartoon and NES game combo ever.

amateurhour on
    are YOU on the beer list?
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    What is Will judging you on this time?

:rolleyes:

:canned laughter:

edit: oh, wow, everything

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    Silas BrownSilas Brown That's hobo style. Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    yesterday I put a bunch of sticks on the frame of my coworker's monitors as a joke. Now I'm afraid they might be stuck there. I hope they were really cheap.

Silas Brown on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Also I know the now-canonical example with those two threads of not-socially-getting-it is "cat ears," but I think every time I've seen a girl with one of those cat ear hoodies, part of my brain immediately went full patriarchy and I visualized sex with the hoodie still on.

Possibly this makes me a man-child and/or weeaboo.

desc on
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited September 2010
    And I think I dare say that it's a pretty big gap between chewing on a piece of lego and then sticking it in your nose and having a Lego Millennium Falcon in your bookshelf.

Echo on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    The weather certainly knows what's expected of it.

Yesterday, nice sunshine.

Today, start of September, chilly mist.

RMS Oceanic on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Also I know the now-canonical example with those two threads of not-socially-getting-it is "cat ears," but I think every time I've seen a girl with one of those cat ear hoodies, part of my brain immediately went full patriarchy and I visualized sex with the hoodie still on.

No. It makes you a furry. Fuck.

Res on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Echo wrote: »
    And I think I dare say that it's a pretty big gap between chewing on a piece of lego and then sticking it in your nose and having a Lego Millennium Falcon in your bookshelf.

I almost said this exact thing in the man child thread

Arch on
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited September 2010
    I know a girl who wears cat ears most of the time. She's not a weeaboo. She has mental health issues, and identify more with cats than humans.

She's the nicest person I know.

Echo on
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I guess I don't watch enough anime for me to associate the cat ears with weaboo. It just makes me think Josie and the Pussycats. So my thought tends to be "Oh hey, a Hanna-Barbera fan".

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    I can't fathom not owning a single Lego. I always figured that Legos just spontaneously appeared in homes with children, like a swarm of plastic locust.

Robos A Go Go on
  • Options
    Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited September 2010

yeah twilight moms are creepy as shit

but yeah as a cultural phenomenon, it's generally seen as a male trait

partly it's that culturally, infantile traits in women have been more tolerated or even sometimes encouraged over western history.

so a grown women hoarding precious moments figurines or beanie babies isn't seen as that strange even though it's just as lame as a grown man playing with gi joes.

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Yay, the Bad Jokes thread got revived!

RMS Oceanic on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Echo wrote: »
    I know a girl who wears cat ears most of the time. She's not a weeaboo. She has mental health issues, and identify more with cats than humans.

She's the nicest person I know.

The fact that she's nice leads me to believe that she isn't very cat-like at all.

Edit: Case in point.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Q2s8AJbsps

Robos A Go Go on
  • Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I always loved legos but I got joy from following the guides and making what I saw on the box. I was not an inventor.

I say this purely because I know it will make heads asplode

Variable on
    BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    All I know is there are plenty of "man children" I'd trust with raising children far more than their suit-wearing counterparts (not a shot at will).

I have in mind a few suits I've know throughout the years. They dressed nice and went to fancy dinner parties and did the whole schtick. They also had children who all seemed to be brats

But really that isn't a surprise when daddy is too busy playing golf all weekend to nurture his kids.

Ludious on
  • Options
    YamiNoSenshiYamiNoSenshi A point called Z In the complex planeRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I return!

YamiNoSenshi on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Res wrote: »

Damnit!

How am I going to make one of those full body Disney type animal suits? I don't even own a sewing machine.

desc on
  • Options
    AriviaArivia I Like A Challenge Earth-1Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    mother fuck

my brain just tried to write the cyborg manifesto for bdsm

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2010

Damnit!

How am I going to make one of those full body Disney type animal suits? I don't even own a sewing machine.

guess you're going to need a good....

tail-er.

Ludious on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    I am happy

Someone mark the date

Res on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    Regina FongRegina Fong Allons-y, Alonso Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Irond Will wrote: »

yeah twilight moms are creepy as shit

but yeah as a cultural phenomenon, it's generally seen as a male trait

partly it's that culturally, infantile traits in women have been more tolerated or even sometimes encouraged over western history.

so a grown women hoarding precious moments figurines or beanie babies isn't seen as that strange even though it's just as lame as a grown man playing with gi joes.

Back in subschool a couple of guys bought one of the large sized GI Joes who was dressed as a Navy Chief. They started making little videos of him in forced perspective staged scenes and made a facebook page for him.

I don't know what my point was. It does sound kind of childish and stupid, but I'm also trying to think of some other "adult" passtime that isn't just as stupid or moreso.

Regina Fong on
  • Options
    YamiNoSenshiYamiNoSenshi A point called Z In the complex planeRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I am happy

Someone mark the date

Sept 1st, 2010. Beginning of the apocalypse.

YamiNoSenshi on
This discussion has been closed.