Options

The [Chat], not about Macs or WoW. Possibly about butts.

• Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Seriously, we just need to shove Rossi and Eyman over the border to Idaho where their dumb fuckery is appreciated.

Styrofoam Sammich on
    wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    Silas BrownSilas Brown That's hobo style. Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Argh! Databases are kicking my ass!!!

Silas Brown on
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    japan wrote: »
    I thought the problem with California was that their constitution is a sprawling thicket of contradictory policy written by any cretin that can gather a petition, most of whom disagree with each other.

I recall reading an article which implied that there was no reasonable course of action that could be taken to correct their economic slide because their constitution prohibited all of them.

The California constitution is a textbook case of how not to do it.

Colorado is doing its damndest to copy it as well.

Colorado is still well behind Texas, Alabama and India for being absolutely fucked up constitutions. Last time I checked, Texas still has an amendment requiring the teaching of kindness to animals to children. Alabama has the pay rates for almost all state officials set as part of the constitution and India's is just way too long since it's actually the longest.

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    edited October 2010

Drop em.

Styrofoam Sammich on
    wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    TehSlothTehSloth Hit Or Miss I Guess They Never Miss, HuhRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    TehSloth wrote: »
    kaleedity wrote: »
    "Integrated graphics" means the card can't be replaced, it's built into the mobo, right?

integrated graphics is just there's a video capability built into the board, you can still install your own (non-shit) video cards and use those instead.

ig is also synonymous with "shit graphics"

ed: you typically don't add graphics cards to laptops in general

Yeah, this seemed like too good a deal.

Actually, after my place got burgled many years ago and my laptop was stolen (was my only computer) I picked up an e-machine from walmart since I was broke. I eventually upgraded the ram and tossed in a real video card and it was absolutely fine. In fact, the mobo I used until very recently was using the 6150 chipset. I'd look up the mobo product number and make sure it has a spare pci ex 16 slot (it almost certainly does) and you can throw a $100 - $200 dollar vid card in there to make it perfectly good for gaming.
    Spending another $150 on that computer pretty much negates the savings, though. Are these better?

Depending on what exactly you wanna do the second one will probably do the trick, my lappy has GT210 graphics and it'll run SC2 at a decent resolution on low settings really well, it could probably go even higher but I prefer the way low settings looks (although apparently I need to try low everything with ultra textures and effects). Also streams 1080p video to my TV over HDMI excellently.

Then again, I'm not to familiar with the Sempron in the $300 one, it also seems to only have two dimm slots and I think it's one of the mini sized cases, so room may not be fantastic. My sister has one just like it that one and she loves it for doing stuff that she does, which I guess would primarily be facebook.

TehSloth on
    FC: 1993-7778-8872 PSN: TehSloth Xbox: SlothTeh
    twitch.tv/tehsloth
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    I thought the problem with California was that their constitution is a sprawling thicket of contradictory policy written by any cretin that can gather a petition, most of whom disagree with each other.

I recall reading an article which implied that there was no reasonable course of action that could be taken to correct their economic slide because their constitution prohibited all of them.

Colorado is still well behind Texas, Alabama and India for being absolutely fucked up constitutions. Last time I checked, Texas still has an amendment requiring the teaching of kindness to animals to children. Alabama has the pay rates for almost all state officials set as part of the constitution and India's is just way too long since it's actually the longest.

Like... India?

Or Indiana?

Chanus on
    Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010

DROP 'EM

Sarksus on
  • Options
    Premier kakosPremier kakos Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited October 2010
    Arch wrote: »
    i kind of want to learn how to make chiptunes

on like, an nes chip

do it right and all

i dont' know where to begin

Dude, just get a decent sound synthesizer and just generate square waves and triangle waves. Done.

Premier kakos on
  • Options
    Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited October 2010
    Drez wrote: »
    Guys, I just figured it out. I have proven that Ladder Theory is true, but with some revisions.

Rather than only two ladders, there are seventeen, and sixteen of them always lead to a hell dimension from which there is no escape and exists only the eternal pain and torment that is unfathomable and cannot be described in human terms; there is no language for it.

The seventeenth ladder resides within a dimensional rift and it randomly swaps existences with one of the other sixteen ladders.

If you find yourself on this ladder, you have to act quickly. Generally, you must throw money at Zalesia, the Goddess of Diamondry. If you linger, you may one day find yourself dimensionally shifted to one of the other sixteen ladders.

I proved this with a simple experiment involving insomnia, whiskey, and a deep feeling of emptiness and sadness.

this is the prerequisite for considerations of ladder theory

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    KageraKagera Imitating the worst people. Since 2004Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Irond Will wrote: »
    desc wrote: »
    chiptunes are the folk music of our generation.

Someday the theme music from Commando on the Commodore 64 will be viewed in the same light as significant Bob Dylan music is viewed by baby boomers now.

that is hilarious

(though i have heard someone refer to the zelda themes as the lullabies of a generation, and i guess that works)

I'm telling you this shit right here is Beethoven.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f1z9p-_pVC4

Kagera on
    My neck, my back, my FUPA and my crack.
  • Options
    Psycho Internet HawkPsycho Internet Hawk Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Organichu wrote: »
    my aunt is not really a cook- she pretty much makes stuff from the box or bag, tossed in the oven. everything she makes, she reads the directions on the container. lots of kraft dinner, canned vegetables, those prefrozen chicken nuggets wth the cheese in the middle, etc. but she has a few signature dishes that give her pride. one is the casserole i've discussed here- sliced hotdogs in a casserole pan with baked beans and kraft dinner, with the top of the pan layered in slices of american- which is gross but actually kind of tasty. another is...

well, it's bad.

she foreman grills some chicken breasts then bakes them in a dish with like, pineapple slices and onion 'mix' or something meant for chip dip. it's weird and terrible but she thinks it's a 'treat' she does for the family when she's 'really up to cooking'. i don't have the heart to break it to her.

Does she happen to live in the midwest?

Because midwestern cooking is pretty much "take a bunch of things that are delicious in other contexts and make them into an unholy abomination."

Psycho Internet Hawk on
    ezek1t.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    I don't know what a drop is. I'm still stuck at table normalization.

Silas Brown on
  • Options
    ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Arch wrote: »
    i kind of want to learn how to make chiptunes

on like, an nes chip

do it right and all

i dont' know where to begin

Dude, just get a decent sound synthesizer and just generate square waves and triangle waves. Done.

i dont know what that means

i want to be legit kakos

Arch on
  • Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    TABOR basically is the whole reason this state is screwed money wise. Because money wise and collection we do pretty damn well. But they give a ton of it back. It is horrible. Wyoming calls us their poor neighbor.

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    what ends up happening is that partway through the year, the money runs out and employees get sent home and contractors start suing the state, etc.

it's obviously really poor government planning, but it's not a fiscal catastrophe the way that spain, greece or like every country in africa is.

The money doesn't "run out." If the legislature can't pass a budget by July 1, then all contract payments are put on hold and all state employees are paid minimum wage until the budget is passed.

And, yes, that is in the state constitution.

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited October 2010
    wait is someone talking about ladder theory?

i can't hear quite right over all the sex i'm having

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    What is the ladder theory?

Psycho Internet Hawk on
    ezek1t.jpg
  • Options
    Captain CarrotCaptain Carrot Alexandria, VARegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    kaleedity wrote: »
    "Integrated graphics" means the card can't be replaced, it's built into the mobo, right?

integrated graphics is just there's a video capability built into the board, you can still install your own (non-shit) video cards and use those instead.

ig is also synonymous with "shit graphics"

ed: you typically don't add graphics cards to laptops in general

Yeah, this seemed like too good a deal.

Actually, after my place got burgled many years ago and my laptop was stolen (was my only computer) I picked up an e-machine from walmart since I was broke. I eventually upgraded the ram and tossed in a real video card and it was absolutely fine. In fact, the mobo I used until very recently was using the 6150 chipset. I'd look up the mobo product number and make sure it has a spare pci ex 16 slot (it almost certainly does) and you can throw a $100 - $200 dollar vid card in there to make it perfectly good for gaming.
    Spending another $150 on that computer pretty much negates the savings, though. Are these better?

Depending on what exactly you wanna do the second one will probably do the trick, my lappy has GT210 graphics and it'll run SC2 at a decent resolution on low settings really well, it could probably go even higher but I prefer the way low settings looks (although apparently I need to try low everything with ultra textures and effects). Also streams 1080p video to my TV over HDMI excellently.

Then again, I'm not to familiar with the Sempron in the $300 one, it also seems to only have two dimm slots and I think it's one of the mini sized cases, so room may not be fantastic. My sister has one just like it that one and she loves it for doing stuff that she does, which I guess would primarily be facebook.
    Basically I want to play Mass Effect 1 and 2 (3 when it comes out, but I'm guessing unless I spend a shitton of money now I'll have to upgrade then anyway), and Knights of the Old Republic 2. Plus any other RPGs that come out.
    Thanks a lot for your advice!

Captain Carrot on
  • Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited October 2010
    my aunt is not really a cook- she pretty much makes stuff from the box or bag, tossed in the oven. everything she makes, she reads the directions on the container. lots of kraft dinner, canned vegetables, those prefrozen chicken nuggets wth the cheese in the middle, etc. but she has a few signature dishes that give her pride. one is the casserole i've discussed here- sliced hotdogs in a casserole pan with baked beans and kraft dinner, with the top of the pan layered in slices of american- which is gross but actually kind of tasty. another is...

well, it's bad.

she foreman grills some chicken breasts then bakes them in a dish with like, pineapple slices and onion 'mix' or something meant for chip dip. it's weird and terrible but she thinks it's a 'treat' she does for the family when she's 'really up to cooking'. i don't have the heart to break it to her.

Does she happen to live in the midwest?

Because midwestern cooking is pretty much "take a bunch of things that are delicious in other contexts and make them into an unholy abomination."

naw we live in killadelphia

Organichu on
  • Options
    edited October 2010

How do you have sex from across your separate twin beds.

Sarksus on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Kagera on
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Chanus wrote: »

Like... India?

Or Indiana?

India, the country.

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited October 2010
    basically ladder theory is a set of ideas about the dynamics of attraction between men and women. it started off as satire but now a lot of people are way serious about it.

Organichu on
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Chanus wrote: »

Like... India?

Or Indiana?

India, the country.

Can't really blame India for being fucked up :P

Chanus on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    We should teach kindness to animals to children.

Sarksus on
  • Options
    ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Sarksus wrote: »

i'm okay with that

you hippy

Arch on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    basically ladder theory is a set of ideas about the dynamics of attraction between men and women. it started off as satire but now a lot of people are way serious about it.

10s date 10s 5s date 5s etc. Its somewhat useful for casual observation but taking it seriously ignores the complexity of human interaction.

Styrofoam Sammich on
    wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2010

Moar liek the other way around!

Chanus on
  • Options
    edited October 2010

You just put them together when you want to fuck.

Or you get Queen sized beds in different rooms and sleep in them except when you want to fuck.

This is actually something that isn't that uncommon, well at least as uncommon as you would think.

There really are many practical reasons to sleep in different beds.

Kagera on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    I don't recall Ladder Theory starting as a satire. I'm pretty certain it was serious from the beginning.

Sarksus on
  • Options
    edited October 2010

I'm okay with that. I'm less okay with it being a constitutional amendment.

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    The Raging PlatypusThe Raging Platypus Registered User regular
    edited October 2010

I think what will is trying to say here is that he has a ginormous penis.

The Raging Platypus on
    Quid wrote: »
    YOU'RE A GOD DAMN PLATYPUS.
    PSN Name: MusingPlatypus
  • Options
    edited October 2010

10s date 10s 5s date 5s etc. Its somewhat useful for casual observation but taking it seriously ignores the complexity of human interaction.

Also that women aren't goalposts to shoot for.

Kagera on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    I don't recall Ladder Theory starting as a satire. I'm pretty certain it was serious from the beginning.

It just seems like satire.

Chanus on
  • Options
    edited October 2010

I'm okay with that. I'm less okay with it being a constitutional amendment.

As soon as I move to California I'm adding it to the ballot.

Sarksus on
  • Options
    edited October 2010

I just googled it and it looks like terrible people making excuses for why they can't get laid.

Like "abloobloobloo my personality and intelligence and sense of humor are FLAWLESS and should be universally beloved, clearly the reason I am not swimming in pussy is because women are vapid cunts" or some similar excuse.

Psycho Internet Hawk on
    ezek1t.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    I don't think The Manga Guide to Databases is the best way for me to learn databases.

But the supervisor said I have to get it studied in a week.

Silas Brown on
  • Options
    edited October 2010

I just googled it and it looks like terrible people making excuses for why they can't get laid.

Like "abloobloobloo my personality and intelligence and sense of humor are FLAWLESS and should be universally beloved, clearly the reason I am not swimming in pussy is because women are vapid cunts" or some similar excuse.

Well, if all those things are true then there can only be the one reason.

Chanus on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    The ladder theory is an excellent test to determine if someone is stupid enough to warrant beatings.

Silas Brown on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    I don't think The Manga Guide to Databases is the best way for me to learn databases.

But the supervisor said I have to get it studied in a week.

I've seen that book recommend in the tech forum.

Sarksus on
This discussion has been closed.