Options

[MOBA DOBA]League of Legends: Boot him for Soal.

• Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Sivir's bounces to subsequently less damage to each thing they hit, whereas Yi's little dash attack hits everything the same amount.

So these are same?

also sivir's is based on AD and AS whereas yi's is entirely ap based

PiptheFair on
  • Options
    ArikadoArikado Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Galio shoots alpha strikes err'day

EDIT: He shoots mini-Yis that do Alpha Strike but it's all so fast you just see the gusts

Arikado on
    BNet: Arikado#1153 | Steam | LoL: Anzen
  • Options
    Super NamicchiSuper Namicchi Orange County, CARegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    guys because vladimir's ultimate can hit multiple champions it is just like master yi's Q

Everyone knows that Vlad is basically just AP Yi, except better. And since Vlad's pool can affect multiple people, it's basically like having two Alpha Strikes, so it means he's twice as good.

not gonna lie, i lol'd

Super Namicchi on
  • Options
    PacificstarPacificstar Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Sivir hurls bolts of mini-yi that bounce and fall to the ground. They then meditate and reappear in her hand.

Pacificstar on
  • Options
    ZandraconZandracon Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Guys, the important question we need to be asking is why the butterfly kog maw skin doesn't have rainbow vomit.

Zandracon on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Zandracon wrote: »
    Guys, the important question we need to be asking is why the butterfly kog maw skin doesn't have rainbow vomit.

oh man

PiptheFair on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    That's important. What's also important is why kog-maw doesn't puke rainbow alpha strikes of YI

Pacificstar on
  • Options
    Super NamicchiSuper Namicchi Orange County, CARegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    rainbow alpha strikes of yi that throws bouncing blades that throws more alpha striking yis

fractal yi

Super Namicchi on
  • Options
    StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Sokpuppet wrote: »
    You're right.

Abilities that bounce from target to target and are used in similar manners while farming, while pushing, and in team fights are obviously totally dissimilar.

How could I be so stupid? ;_;

Because your name rhymes with cockpuppet

Stragint on
    PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
  • Options
    TracerBulletTracerBullet Spaceman Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    TyrantCow wrote: »
    lotsa trolls in this iteration

i blame spaceman.

That Spaceman cat is such a douchebag.

TracerBullet on
  • Options
    SoaLSoaL fantastic Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    in all seriousness

yi has double-strike which is about 9-hojillion times more useful than anything sivir has

SoaL on
    DKFA7.gif
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    rainbow alpha strikes of yi that throws bouncing blades that throws more alpha striking yis

fractal yi
    cube_two_hypercube_ver2.jpg

Arikado on
  • Options
    SlicerSlicer Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    Zandracon wrote: »

oh man

If a custom skin maker could get on this it would be the best thing.

Slicer on
  • Options
    SokpuppetSokpuppet You only yoyo once Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Sivir's bounces to subsequently less damage to each thing they hit, whereas Yi's little dash attack hits everything the same amount.

So these are same?

Of course they're not "the same".

But they are functionally similar. Why split hairs?

Sokpuppet on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    shoot yis

smoke trees

Arikado on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    You're right.

Abilities that bounce from target to target and are used in similar manners while farming, while pushing, and in team fights are obviously totally dissimilar.

How could I be so stupid? ;_;

alpha strike for yi is used to close the distance between himself and the target in just about all cases

SoaL on
    DKFA7.gif
  • Options
    edited November 2010

So these are same?

Because your name rhymes with cockpuppet

Stragint on
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

• Options
    edited November 2010
    SoaL wrote: »
    in all seriousness

yi has double-strike which is about 9-hojillion times more useful than anything sivir has

Too bad that actually trying to use it against a champion equates to instant suicide. :P

Sokpuppet on
  • Options
    edited November 2010

So these are same?

I don't think it's splitting hair. I think they're functionally very different in the way they're used and the damage they deal.

Pacificstar on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    in all seriousness

Too bad that actually trying to use it against a champion equates to instant suicide. :P

sorry, early laning game-time following up an alpastrike with a double strike takes ~50% hp off all but the fattest of fats

SoaL on
    DKFA7.gif
  • Options
    FeldornFeldorn Mediocre Registered User regular
    edited November 2010

So these are same?

I don't think it's splitting hair. I think they're functionally very different in the way they're used and the damage they deal.

what pacific saiCAWCAWCAW!!1

Feldorn on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Bounce: target a champ, hope it hits other champs
    Alpha: target a champ, hope it hits other champs

As far as damage goes, cooldown becomes the deciding factor.
    Alpha strike has a ten second cooldown at max level. 6 with max CDR - we'll give yi the benefit of the doubt.
    Bouncing blades have no cooldown at all, and you can pump out a LOT of them over the course of 6 seconds.

I can already tell where this conversation is headed, though; Sivir vs Yi.
    And of course, it's purely a matter of opinion. :)
    but Yi is still the worst champion in the game

Sokpuppet on
  • Options
    Kristmas KthulhuKristmas Kthulhu Currently Kultist Kthulhu Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    in all seriousness

sorry, early laning game-time following up an alpastrike with a double strike takes ~50% hp off all but the fattest of fats

Yeah, the only time it equates to instant suicides is if you're completely batfuck stupid about it. I wouldn't say Yi is on my list of top most useful characters, but there are lots of times when I look at my team comp and say "Shit, I would really love to have a good Master Yi on this team."

The complaints from you and that other dude are really nonsensical and can largely be attributed to being bad at this game. There are a lot of really good players in this thread, and if you took the time to listen to their suggestions and try altering your play style a little, you might not have to resort to ignoring people when they call you on forming bad strategies with certain characters.

Kristmas Kthulhu on
  • Options
    TyrantCowTyrantCow Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    sorry, and

TyrantCow on
  • Options
    OremLKOremLK Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Meh, Yi. A fragile hyper-carry melee champion just screams "harass me shut me down make my life a living hell!" I don't like playing him and I don't like having him on my team, although I love it when one of the opposing team picks him.

Edit: Also for some reason I see a lot of guys playing Yi as a jungle. This seems really silly to me because Yi is a bad ganker and he needs so much farm. So even though he's a bad laner, you still pretty much have to play him in a lane, IMO, and give him a good babysitter so he can actually farm up. That's why he might be the single worst champion to pick in solo queue because you need a Janna or something to keep him alive in the lane.

OremLK on
    My zombie survival life simulator They Don't Sleep is out now on Steam if you want to check it out.
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Bounce: target a champ, hope it hits other champs
    Alpha: target a champ, hope it hits other champs

As far as damage goes, cooldown becomes the deciding factor.
    Alpha strike has a ten second cooldown at max level. 6 with max CDR - we'll give yi the benefit of the doubt.
    Bouncing blades have no cooldown at all, and you can pump out a LOT of them over the course of 6 seconds.

I can already tell where this conversation is headed, though; Sivir vs Yi.
    And of course, it's purely a matter of opinion. :)
    but Yi is still the worst champion in the game

ok yeah you're a really shitty troll and are ignoring why someone would use alpha strike

edit: actually here, to go against your batshit insane argument
    AP yi with ~300 AP we'll say (he had a bad game) highlander->alpha kill->immediately alpha again for another kill->and another!!!->ANOTERH KILL OHMY GOD!!!->PENTA HOLY SHIT

so that's uh
    my fucking made up scenario doing

roughly way fucking more damage than your made up scenario

SoaL on
    DKFA7.gif
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    in all seriousness

Yeah, the only time it equates to instant suicides is if you're completely batfuck stupid about it. I wouldn't say Yi is on my list of top most useful characters, but there are lots of times when I look at my team comp and say "Shit, I would really love to have a good Master Yi on this team."

The complaints from you and that other dude are really nonsensical and can largely be attributed to being bad at this game. There are a lot of really good players in this thread, and if you took the time to listen to their suggestions and try altering your play style a little, you might not have to resort to ignoring people when they call you on forming bad strategies with certain characters.

They are trolls, ignore them

Stragint on

• Options
    stopgapstopgap Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    so. I have officially sucked at this game all night. yesterday and today have equated to... Stopgap gets his ass kicked, over and over. I feel that my favorite charactor, tryndamere is just sucking right now.

stopgap on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    nealcmnealcm Alvarian AlvarianRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    yi is probably the most fun champion in the game

but i say that about a new champion every week

but hes REALLY fun

double strike is hilarious, wuju style is hilarious, highlander chains are hilarious

nealcm on
    19ZUtIw.png
  • Options
    RyokazeRyokaze Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Yi is pretty binary, and I feel like his success is mostly dependent on the opposing team, not on the player behind the wheel. You certainly have to satisfy a minimum skill requirement, but at some point, Yi becomes:

Do they have multiple exhausts or hard CC's?

If yes: Bend over.
    If no: Bend them over.

Ryokaze on
  • Options
    SlicerSlicer Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    stopgap wrote: »
    so. I have officially sucked at this game all night. yesterday and today have equated to... Stopgap gets his ass kicked, over and over. I feel that my favorite charactor, tryndamere is just sucking right now.

Have you tried jungling with him? I hear that is the pro way to make Trynd work.

Slicer on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    in all seriousness

People got seriously distraught when I suggested that Sivir might be more useful than Yi, which tells me everything I need to know about the quality of players in this thread. :lol:

The dude I ignored was on an unrelated topic, and clearly just a hothead looking for an argument. No rational discussion possible = ignored.

Back on yi topic; No competent team will ever, EVER not kill yi the very instant after an alpha strike. Not to make any generalizations or anything...

Sokpuppet on
  • Options
    A duck!A duck! Moderator, ClubPA Mod Emeritus
    edited November 2010
    If anyone calls anyone else a troll around here I am going to just start shooting 3s all the way from downtown.

And I never brick.

A duck! on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    in all seriousness

People got seriously distraught when I suggested that Sivir might be more useful than Yi, which tells me everything I need to know about the quality of players in this thread. :lol:

The dude I ignored was on an unrelated topic, and clearly just a hothead looking for an argument. No rational discussion possible = ignored.

Back on yi topic; No competent team will ever, EVER not kill yi the very instant after an alpha strike. Not to make any generalizations or anything...

I'm walking back into the sunlight and out from under your bridge now.

Pacificstar on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Ryokaze wrote: »
    Yi is pretty binary, and I feel like his success is mostly dependent on the opposing team, not on the player behind the wheel. You certainly have to satisfy a minimum skill requirement, but at some point, Yi becomes:

Do they have multiple exhausts or hard CC's?

If yes: Bend over.
    If no: Bend them over.

Voice of reason.
    Thank you.

Sokpuppet on
  • Options
    CWheezyCWheezy Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    OremLK wrote: »
    Edit: Also for some reason I see a lot of guys playing Yi as a jungle. This seems really silly to me because Yi is a bad ganker and he needs so much farm. So even though he's a bad laner, you still pretty much have to play him in a lane, IMO, and give him a good babysitter so he can actually farm up. That's why he might be the single worst champion to pick in solo queue because you need a Janna or something to keep him alive in the lane.

Laning with him is a mistake, yi can jungle very fast.

Not as fast as warwick or amumu, but he can still do the job.

Witching doctor thinks I am lying with my info hooo boy. I kind of wonder what his tier list looks like if he thinks melee carries are really strong in this game

CWheezy on
  • Options
    edited November 2010

No competent yi will alpha strike into a team though.

He's not supposed to fly into the middle of 5 people and win the videogame. He is really fantastic 1 on 1 or coming in after the initial kaboom of any teamfight and mopping up

SoaL on
    DKFA7.gif
  • Options
    ShrieveShrieve Game Designer CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Spaceman... what have you done to the PA community!?!?

This wouldn't have happened in Mooman's thread.

Shrieve on
    FkbtS.png
  • Options
    Dac VinDac Vin S-s-screw you! I only listen to DOUBLE MUSIC! Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Hey you know what's fine?

Sion.

He can kill you by looking at you funny.

edit OH FINE IF YOU WANT TO TALK ABOUT FUCKING YI

if you alpha strike to initiate you got problems, Yi needs everyone to have used up their juice already so basically you alpha strike according to The Situation

Dac Vin on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    in all seriousness

PiptheFair wrote: »
    Stealth counts as a GTFO move and MF has hearts shooting out of her ass. :rotate:

do you understand how stealth works in this game?

no no

let's back up

do you understand why twitchs even take flash in the first place?

somebody quote this so he's forced to read it and actually answer my question

PiptheFair on